Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Project Consultant (Former Employee), Noida, UPJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free parties on friday in a week
i learned the photoshop , updating crm using html. My manager is very helping and cooperative
Great company with the right leadership.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2014
Seeing is believing! With 15 years of my life dedicated to the smooth and efficient operation of this company I was saddened to have to depart.
Family oriented
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexible with family issues
Cons: unable to catch nj transit to this location.
Use to be Prentice Hall. This company is family oriented. It's been a good place to work for until major layoffs took place. Reorganizing multiple departments have been hard and hundreds of people lost there positions. Sad, but change is here and now we must move on.
Not that productive or in a way I'd enjoy
Grading Tests (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: i was earning a wage
Cons: too rushed
Very rigid, I don't typically like the education system, I'm a self learner, so fitting into it more in an even more integrated way revealed the same sort of annoyances I have when I attend physical classes. They were flexible still, but that type of day in, and day out, is not what I like to do, I enjoy variety of issues or problems or interactions, – more... it became very blurred after a while, the culture was boring and really it wasn't even using my type of intelligence and well rounded skills as much as I thought it would. It was very repetitive. I'd really prefer to have done something like that at home where I could take more time on each paper. – less
Good place to get your foot in door
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: pretty good work life balance, good for younger folks starting out
Cons: lots of re-orgs, pay can be really low, publishing in general is going through a pretty rough patch
Pearson is a huge global company, so every department is a little different. I worked in the higher education technology division in Boston. Some departments were fun and my co-workers were great, other departments contained miserable people who were very difficult to work with.

The good thing is, the company is so huge, there are a lot of opportunities – more... to try and get to do different things. And it's also a fairly recognizable company so working there put a little bit of a name brand on your resume. – less
Manage Professional Testing Center, customer service
Test Center Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 19, 2014
We provide the site for a diverse multitude of candidates to take exams to qualify for licensing in approx. 200+ professional careers. Each career/client has guidelines for candidates to complete and qualify to sit for their exam. Each client's guidelines are unique and require detailed attention when admitting candidates for their exam. We are required – more... to admit candidates according to strict security procedures provided by each client. Then proctor the candidates before, during and after their exams. All exams are computer generated. Customer Service is at a premium and expected to be "breathtaking". It is highly enjoyable work but not strenuous. Benefits are excellent but hourly pay is average. Upper management is varied and large. Pearson Vue is a global company. Communication with my immediate manager is outstanding.
I thoroughly enjoy this position but am seeking some additional challenging work and income. – less
COST ACCOUNTANT II-Operational Accounting (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 11, 2014
This was a contract position, but the work atmosphere was pleasing. I hated to leave this assignment.
Warehouse work
Each Pick (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks per 8 hour shift
Cons: warehouse
I am not a warehouse kind of girl, but this job was an experience everyone should have while they look for work. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the quotas and not getting a lot of errors. I really liked my co workers.
Excellent staff, management, working conditions
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Needham & Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: got laid off....
Great staff, management, working conditions. Rewarding putting together books for schools.
Great place to work. Excellent work life ballance
Senior Project Manager, Global Procurement (Current Employee), Old Tappan, NJMay 16, 2014
Pearson is going though a culture change - excited to see how they come out "on the other side"
Great Experience
Program Design Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
I worked for Pearson Education for 22 years. I learned a lot about publishing during my time there. I designed and art directed college textbook covers and interiors. I also supervised 2 Senior Designers and 1 Desktop Coordinator along with outside freelance designers, illustrators, photographers, and photo researchers.

My colleagues were very talented – more... and inspiring. I enjoyed working with them as a team. The most challenging part of the job was obtaining timely feedback from offsite team members. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative challenge. I truly love designing and it was a wonderful opportunity to work on many different types of projects. – less
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), IndiaMay 14, 2014
• Responsible for sales of the DigiClass in Schools in Cochin area.
• Identifying the Clients from Cochin Market.
• Meeting the clients
• Doing demonstrations in the schools about the product
• Negotiating and closing the deals with the schools.
• Coordinating the teachers training in the schools
• Achieving the revenue target in the financial year.
It paid OK, but it was only a temoparary position.
Scored student assessment exams (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: pay was decent.
Cons: the jobs were only temporary.
I scored student assessment exams. I learned that how to score student exams. The management was pretty good and most of the coworkers where OK...
Pearson
Freelance Editor (Former Employee), Glenview, ILMay 6, 2014
I was a Math print and digital editor. I have 4 years of experience.
Friendly workplace
Software Engineer- Research and Development (Current Employee), Orion city, ColomboMay 2, 2014
Very very good culture to work and people are very friendly.
good job
Promotion / Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Dasna, GhaziabadApril 29, 2014
lots of time waste in up and down from home to office and office to home.
Great workplace with respectable management
Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 29, 2014
Pros: nice facility, good benefits, decent wage
Cons: commute/struggles with communicating with many customers, too much of a reliance on the functionality of provided tools/software
That call center that I worked in for Pearson VUE is a very nice facility and environment to a do full-time position in phone support. A typical day of work would include taking inbound calls assisting testing candidates with getting scheduled/rescheduled for their licensing certification exam. The management and coworkers here were all very professional – more... and accommodating. The hardest part of the job was managing the phone calls from candidates with very difficult to understand English. These phone calls tended to go a lot longer, and therefore would subject me to more coaching from my assigned quality assurance coach. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to seldom encounter a testing candidate that were knowledgeable about sports and enjoyed expressing what different players/franchises they liked. – less
Very flexible schedule
Test Scorer (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 28, 2014
This is a work at home job that is very flexible to an individuals schedule as long as you have the qualifications and access to the internet on your home computer.
Productive and challenging work environment; great benefits
Operations Business Analyst-Workforce Management (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 24, 2014
Pros: you have opportunities to learn more and constantly be challenged. when you show the desire to learn, you will be given more work to do.
Cons: no room to grow with pearson; there is too much outsourcing since 2012.
A typical day at Pearson begins with a To-do list that you don't always get a chance to fulfill until late in the day or has to be be constantly realigned to priorities. You are busy with customer and technical issues that you will handle with a First-Call resolution frame of mind.
Learning is unlimited. If you want to grow your skills set, you will. – more... If you are satisfied to just do your job, you can do that as well.
Management had been deep in experience until recent reorganizations; but always willing to listen.
The hardest part of the job is knowing that communication is not always available to you. You will need a can-do attitude to get the answers yourself; ask a lot of questions, and think outside of the box.
The most enjoyable part is the family-oriented teams within Pearson. Your co-workers are interested in you and supervisors willingly work to develop you to be one of the best. – less
basic environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
not a secure job. work always slow down because they just sell school books.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more