Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to get your foot in door
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: pretty good work life balance, good for younger folks starting out
Cons: lots of re-orgs, pay can be really low, publishing in general is going through a pretty rough patch
Pearson is a huge global company, so every department is a little different. I worked in the higher education technology division in Boston. Some departments were fun and my co-workers were great, other departments contained miserable people who were very difficult to work with.

The good thing is, the company is so huge, there are a lot of opportunities – more... to try and get to do different things. And it's also a fairly recognizable company so working there put a little bit of a name brand on your resume. – less
Manage Professional Testing Center, customer service
Test Center Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 19, 2014
We provide the site for a diverse multitude of candidates to take exams to qualify for licensing in approx. 200+ professional careers. Each career/client has guidelines for candidates to complete and qualify to sit for their exam. Each client's guidelines are unique and require detailed attention when admitting candidates for their exam. We are required – more... to admit candidates according to strict security procedures provided by each client. Then proctor the candidates before, during and after their exams. All exams are computer generated. Customer Service is at a premium and expected to be "breathtaking". It is highly enjoyable work but not strenuous. Benefits are excellent but hourly pay is average. Upper management is varied and large. Pearson Vue is a global company. Communication with my immediate manager is outstanding.
I thoroughly enjoy this position but am seeking some additional challenging work and income. – less
COST ACCOUNTANT II-Operational Accounting (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 11, 2014
This was a contract position, but the work atmosphere was pleasing. I hated to leave this assignment.
Warehouse work
Each Pick (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks per 8 hour shift
Cons: warehouse
I am not a warehouse kind of girl, but this job was an experience everyone should have while they look for work. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the quotas and not getting a lot of errors. I really liked my co workers.
Excellent staff, management, working conditions
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Needham & Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: got laid off....
Great staff, management, working conditions. Rewarding putting together books for schools.
Great place to work. Excellent work life ballance
Senior Project Manager, Global Procurement (Current Employee), Old Tappan, NJMay 16, 2014
Pearson is going though a culture change - excited to see how they come out "on the other side"
Great Experience
Program Design Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
I worked for Pearson Education for 22 years. I learned a lot about publishing during my time there. I designed and art directed college textbook covers and interiors. I also supervised 2 Senior Designers and 1 Desktop Coordinator along with outside freelance designers, illustrators, photographers, and photo researchers.

My colleagues were very talented – more... and inspiring. I enjoyed working with them as a team. The most challenging part of the job was obtaining timely feedback from offsite team members. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative challenge. I truly love designing and it was a wonderful opportunity to work on many different types of projects. – less
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), IndiaMay 14, 2014
• Responsible for sales of the DigiClass in Schools in Cochin area.
• Identifying the Clients from Cochin Market.
• Meeting the clients
• Doing demonstrations in the schools about the product
• Negotiating and closing the deals with the schools.
• Coordinating the teachers training in the schools
• Achieving the revenue target in the financial year.
It paid OK, but it was only a temoparary position.
Scored student assessment exams (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: pay was decent.
Cons: the jobs were only temporary.
I scored student assessment exams. I learned that how to score student exams. The management was pretty good and most of the coworkers where OK...
Pearson
Freelance Editor (Former Employee), Glenview, ILMay 6, 2014
I was a Math print and digital editor. I have 4 years of experience.
Friendly workplace
Software Engineer- Research and Development (Current Employee), Orion city, ColomboMay 2, 2014
Very very good culture to work and people are very friendly.
good job
Promotion / Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee), Dasna, GhaziabadApril 29, 2014
lots of time waste in up and down from home to office and office to home.
Great workplace with respectable management
Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 29, 2014
Pros: nice facility, good benefits, decent wage
Cons: commute/struggles with communicating with many customers, too much of a reliance on the functionality of provided tools/software
That call center that I worked in for Pearson VUE is a very nice facility and environment to a do full-time position in phone support. A typical day of work would include taking inbound calls assisting testing candidates with getting scheduled/rescheduled for their licensing certification exam. The management and coworkers here were all very professional – more... and accommodating. The hardest part of the job was managing the phone calls from candidates with very difficult to understand English. These phone calls tended to go a lot longer, and therefore would subject me to more coaching from my assigned quality assurance coach. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to seldom encounter a testing candidate that were knowledgeable about sports and enjoyed expressing what different players/franchises they liked. – less
Very flexible schedule
Test Scorer (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 28, 2014
This is a work at home job that is very flexible to an individuals schedule as long as you have the qualifications and access to the internet on your home computer.
Productive and challenging work environment; great benefits
Operations Business Analyst-Workforce Management (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 24, 2014
Pros: you have opportunities to learn more and constantly be challenged. when you show the desire to learn, you will be given more work to do.
Cons: no room to grow with pearson; there is too much outsourcing since 2012.
A typical day at Pearson begins with a To-do list that you don't always get a chance to fulfill until late in the day or has to be be constantly realigned to priorities. You are busy with customer and technical issues that you will handle with a First-Call resolution frame of mind.
Learning is unlimited. If you want to grow your skills set, you will. – more... If you are satisfied to just do your job, you can do that as well.
Management had been deep in experience until recent reorganizations; but always willing to listen.
The hardest part of the job is knowing that communication is not always available to you. You will need a can-do attitude to get the answers yourself; ask a lot of questions, and think outside of the box.
The most enjoyable part is the family-oriented teams within Pearson. Your co-workers are interested in you and supervisors willingly work to develop you to be one of the best. – less
basic environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
not a secure job. work always slow down because they just sell school books.
Very competitive employee benefits
Production Clerk/Lead (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 18, 2014
Good place to work. great employee benefits, eg. health care, tuition support, 401 k etc
Excellent job culture, benefits, and overall experience.
Scorer (Former Employee), PRApril 15, 2014
Excellent opportunity to work from home. I scored English test form students. I learned to work under pressure. The experience from my co-workers and supervisors whats great. I feel gratification of these work because I improve my English language.
n/a
Loose Pick (Former Employee), Lebanon, INApril 11, 2014
Good company to work for. Would work for this company again. Dislike how far of a drive it was every morning to get to work.
Good people - declining business
Sr. Electronics Tech/Lead Repair Tech (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement-declining business
We work hard to get as much done as possible with limited resources. As the demand for our product goes down less people are needed, so everyone has to step up and do more

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more