Pearson Employee Reviews

Professional and confusing
Software Engineer / Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2015
This company has given me the impression that it does not know what it wants. Aside from all the technical quality it's people have, it does not make good choices. Management has been a real issue.

Probably the fact that this is a mega corporation with varying interests is the reason why they have made poor software choices. I don't think they're a successful software company.
Professional, energetic and work-life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto26 February 2015
As a financial analyst, I will develop budget, forecasts for our business divisions and provide analysis on the financials.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited growth
Amazing company overall.
Inside Sales and Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2014
Management was understanding of the needs of the job and expectations were set accordingly. Looked forward to every single day at work as the environment was very supporting.
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee) –  on line18 July 2014
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Pros
free lunch on training
Excellent management
Science Writer (Former Employee) –  Montreal12 April 2014
I write and edit material from home for Pearson.I tele-work and work via internet with a few of the employees there and they are all very helpful.
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 April 2014
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over 50 schools across the U.S)
Pros
free education .i.e. Graduate degree, good benefits
Cons
pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement
A relax place to work with some amazing people. Cross training into other departments allows for a diverse skill and knowledge.
Return Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 August 2013
I work on the day shift, 6:30am-3:00pm. My main job is a returns clerk. Customers return boxes of books, that is process through logpro for good stock or garbage. Through training and knowledge I could be assisting other departments such as receiving, packaging, picking, quality control, or helping on the raymond reach.
Pros
Great health benefits, Pension, Vacation.
Cons
Salary
Co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 January 2013
I enjoyed working with my co-worker in team role enviroment
Pros
buying books for next to nothing
Cons
heavy heavy labour
My Fellow co-workers and BBQ
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 January 2013
My fellow co-workers and the most benfit I got from work was pay and benfit.
Pros
benfits of buying books for next to nothing
Cons
very very heavy labour