Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly tactical and exact
Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2014
Large organization with challenges of moving to digital. A leader in the category.
Futures: Uncertain
Associate Editor (Current Employee), Glenview, ILJuly 20, 2014
No matter how much you have to do, and how well you do it, lay-offs are always right around the corner.
You're just a gerbil, don't get attached
State Educational Achievement Essay Scorer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 18, 2014
Pros: 8-5 work
Cons: do-nothing management, i wish i had their cake job
Pearson is the devil on all counts.
I'll never work for Pearson again.
Great corporate structure
Quality Assurance Specialist/Investigator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great company and benefits
Cons: nothing
Pearson cared for their employees and went the extra mile to make employees comfortable in all aspects of their employment.
Indexer
Indexer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2014
Compiled indexes derived from author manuscripts to assist readers in information searches with a focus towards grammar, consistency, and readability. Worked with authors, editors, designers and imprint managers to ensure projects stayed on schedule while maintaining a high degree of quality.
• Indexed more than 25 titles each of the last three years, – more... surpassing personal performance goals by 40%.
• Contributed to the Editorial Services Department significantly decreasing the average number of days a title spent in production by completing 100% of projects on or before deadline in the last three years, completing most assignments within an average of five days, greatly exceeding projected goals.
• Incorporated new technologies and changing production processes quickly while meeting required deadlines and maintaining quality standards.
• Cross-trained as a Project Editor to assume additional responsibilities of meeting and corresponding with authors, editors, composition and layout teams and imprint managers on a daily basis to keep titles on schedule and under budget.
• Accommodated titles from other imprints when scheduling conflicts occurred while maintaining quality and ensuring original deadlines on previously assigned projects.
• Selected to train new hires in the indexing process and to mentor interns. – less
great environment to work in
Scorer (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 14, 2014
Pros: meet new people and establish friendships
Cons: short lunches, sit in front of computer for long periods of time
you sit in front of a computer and grade essays of students from school all over Illinois and the rest of the country
Awesome Place to work
Admissions & Support Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: employment appreciation
Pearson is a great company and its dedication to education is clearly portrayed in the way the company is operated.
Brilliant
Language Tapes (Former Employee), HarlowJuly 14, 2014
A great place to work, full of helpful and encouraging employees.
Overview of Pearson Edu
Line Maintanece (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2014
Pros: cookouts every friday
Cons: had to work on the weekend unexpectedlly
A typical day
A normal day would consist of: starting the conveyor belts , which runs the whole factory. Walk around and make sure that the conveyor dont get jammed or backed up with boxes and let the mechinicis know if I saw anything out of the ordinary.
What I learned
How to run conveyor belts for the whole entire factory.
My managers with – more... the line maintance machanics. They where pretty laid back and easy going.
Coworkers
I saw alot of different people but only had the chance to interact with my managers.
The hardest part about the job.
Sometimes everything would get very slow and boring. Or it would be the total opposite and would be very hectic at times.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Most of the time it was pretty laid back and everyone was easy to get along with. – less
Friendly, relaxed work environment
Scorer (Current Employee), Kent, WAJuly 9, 2014
Didn't know what to expect from a job like this, but was happily surprised and made quite a few long term friends. If you're persistent, the work isn't difficult.
Great place to work.
Software Developer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2014
The people are extremely friendly the work is very laid back, although there are crazy times that come in waves.
Productive and fun work place
Project Consultant (Former Employee), Noida, UPJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free parties on friday in a week
i learned the photoshop , updating crm using html. My manager is very helping and cooperative
Great company with the right leadership.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2014
Seeing is believing! With 15 years of my life dedicated to the smooth and efficient operation of this company I was saddened to have to depart.
Family oriented
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexible with family issues
Cons: unable to catch nj transit to this location.
Use to be Prentice Hall. This company is family oriented. It's been a good place to work for until major layoffs took place. Reorganizing multiple departments have been hard and hundreds of people lost there positions. Sad, but change is here and now we must move on.
Not that productive or in a way I'd enjoy
Grading Tests (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: i was earning a wage
Cons: too rushed
Very rigid, I don't typically like the education system, I'm a self learner, so fitting into it more in an even more integrated way revealed the same sort of annoyances I have when I attend physical classes. They were flexible still, but that type of day in, and day out, is not what I like to do, I enjoy variety of issues or problems or interactions, – more... it became very blurred after a while, the culture was boring and really it wasn't even using my type of intelligence and well rounded skills as much as I thought it would. It was very repetitive. I'd really prefer to have done something like that at home where I could take more time on each paper. – less
Good place to get your foot in door
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: pretty good work life balance, good for younger folks starting out
Cons: lots of re-orgs, pay can be really low, publishing in general is going through a pretty rough patch
Pearson is a huge global company, so every department is a little different. I worked in the higher education technology division in Boston. Some departments were fun and my co-workers were great, other departments contained miserable people who were very difficult to work with.

The good thing is, the company is so huge, there are a lot of opportunities – more... to try and get to do different things. And it's also a fairly recognizable company so working there put a little bit of a name brand on your resume. – less
Manage Professional Testing Center, customer service
Test Center Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 19, 2014
We provide the site for a diverse multitude of candidates to take exams to qualify for licensing in approx. 200+ professional careers. Each career/client has guidelines for candidates to complete and qualify to sit for their exam. Each client's guidelines are unique and require detailed attention when admitting candidates for their exam. We are required – more... to admit candidates according to strict security procedures provided by each client. Then proctor the candidates before, during and after their exams. All exams are computer generated. Customer Service is at a premium and expected to be "breathtaking". It is highly enjoyable work but not strenuous. Benefits are excellent but hourly pay is average. Upper management is varied and large. Pearson Vue is a global company. Communication with my immediate manager is outstanding.
I thoroughly enjoy this position but am seeking some additional challenging work and income. – less
COST ACCOUNTANT II-Operational Accounting (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJJune 11, 2014
This was a contract position, but the work atmosphere was pleasing. I hated to leave this assignment.
Warehouse work
Each Pick (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks per 8 hour shift
Cons: warehouse
I am not a warehouse kind of girl, but this job was an experience everyone should have while they look for work. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the quotas and not getting a lot of errors. I really liked my co workers.
Excellent staff, management, working conditions
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Needham & Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: got laid off....
Great staff, management, working conditions. Rewarding putting together books for schools.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more