Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, I will be sad to go
Receptionist temporary (Current Employee), Middlemarch Business Park, CoventryOctober 23, 2014
Pros: there is a canteen
Cons: the journey to and from work, as there is a major road works being carried out for 3 years
A typical day at work is to manage the busy reception area, dealing with maintenance of the building, including laising with all contractors, ordering stationery, booking rooms for events etc.
I really enjoy helping customers and staff alike and enjoy all aspects of being part of a facilities team.
A working environment where creativity is encouraged.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 22, 2014
Pros: encouraged creativity.
Cons: none.
Administrative work; problem solving; project management; identifying client needs and resolution.
Great cafeteria and work environment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great pay & has onsite cafeteria
Cons: short lunches and limited hours for cafeteria
Great group of people to work with. Employment here was on a temporary basis for their Back To School time frame. Lunches are short (30 minutes) with no place close to eat. Lunch schedules often made getting food from the cafeteria impossible for lunch.
Great Company with a challenging environment
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee), AustinOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefits work cycle
Cons: lack of process improvement
Pearson is a wonderful company, but it's a publishing company. The rise of the internet gave customers more choices, and Pearson core business declined.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon IndianaOctober 19, 2014
Pearson was a good place to work until they decided to close there office in Lebanon and sent all jobs to India. And put several hundred people out of work
Great place to work!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 17, 2014
My boss and everyone in my department worked well as a team. Everyone was very supportive and professional.
Wonderful, friendly atmosphere.
Connections Technology Receiving (Current Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay rate
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction knowing a child somewhere is going to benefit from what I pack in the box.
Fulfilling work
Expert Edexcel Examiner (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 9, 2014
The job requires strong attention to detail and an enjoyment of reading, writing and working in the education sector. Must be familiar with the texts the students' examination answers are based on. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of fulfilment you get when you know you have done your utmost to award students as best as possible for – more... their efforts on the exam papers. – less
Factory shut down.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere.
Cons: temporary work.
A typical day at work for me was arriving at 6AM and staying sometimes until 6pm. I would pick products for orders in high destinations, often with the product weighing over 50 pounds. I did this repeatedly the entire shift.
Fast Past Seasonal Work
SENIOR MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee), Austin Tech RidgeOctober 8, 2014
Pros: fast pace, great team members
Cons: poor pay, no overtime
Pearson is an Education leader for standardized testing and teaching/learning. It is very seasonal work as most test are taken in the spring time making it quite hectic for several months at a time. There is a lot of down time in the off season leading to opportunities to educate and learn new skills through Pearson's many internal programs.
Overall excellent job except for unfair favoritism for certain employees
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smyna, GaOctober 4, 2014
Pros: steady work, no micro managing, learned various functions of jobs from being cross trained
Cons: favoritism, special perks for manager-friend ties, unfair work processes
I really enjoyed working for the company. The only negative I experienced was that certain workers got away with doing absolutely little to no work at off and numerous days off without prior authorization, but still got paid!!
I would love working there...
Math Editor (Former Employee), Glenview, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good hard working employees, fair salary
Cons: upper management out of touch with employees
I really loved working at Pearson, but at the end of 2 years, their hiring practices forced me out. Now I'm doing some freelance for them, because my managers were satisfied with my work and wanted to keep me.

There's something wrong with a company that would rather hire new editors every 2 years (that they then have to train from scratch) than keep – more... the ones they have that are doing a good job. To me it just makes clear how much the upper management is out of touch with the needs of the people actually doing the work.

I liked the work, I like the people, but I wish the company cared for its employees a little more. – less
Great work environment and Training
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2014
After working for MKM I left wishing they had hired me on it was a great work environment with lots of diversity and safety procedures.
Great environment to work with
Temporary Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Iowa City, IASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: close with colleagues
Cons: new system, not able to run smoothly
Great environment to work work with. Closely worked with colleagues to determine the cause of the issue and come up with a proper resolution.
The job was great but it was more like a dead end..
Test Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: time to self reflect
Cons: the silence
The job was quiet, though you sit there in silence for eight hours straight it was good. I am not sure how I dealt with the silence but I did, it gave me a lot of time to think. My manger was very nice and considerate though she could have been a little more prompted about alerting us of schedule changes she made. I only took the job to have some extra – more... money for the holidays while I worked at my other job so the extra money was great. My co-workers were awesome for the most part and I got a long with just about everyone that I'd seen on a regular bases. – less
Pearson VUE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Landover, MDSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice location
Cons: no room for advancement and office management was poor.
Nice company to work for but the work is very mechanical with really no thought about your duties.
Really good experience
Scorer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2014
Really enjoyed this job. I learned a lot and at times it felt like i was back in school. I just wish it wasn't seasonal.
Productive Fun Place with great people
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: pay
Management are okay but sometimes not consistent on some of work ethics. basic work duties and simple things make it complicated and hard. They will tell you something that makes no sense relating to work duties. I cross trained on different departments such as receiving, mail and reprographics. My co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
I learned so much here...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJSeptember 3, 2014
This was a great job for me, the commute was easy and the hours were great. I don't think I'll find that at another company. The benefits were the best I've had yet, complete with a $1 for $1 match 401k plan. The time off is also incomparable to most companies. I would still be here today if my department wasn't shut down.
Very quiet environment and you can not talk in the work place.
Temporary Scoring (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: you take the project that best fits your time.
Cons: very short breaks.
It has been a good experience so far, you do have to keep quiet once you are in the room for testing. You arent allowed head phones or any kind of hand held devices when in there or you will get kicked out of the project. Some projects are worth taking due to the pay others arent, but other than that, I have enjoyed my time working on projects and learning – more... the grading system. – less

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more