Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee), on lineJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch on training
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Excellent management
Science Writer (Former Employee), MontrealApril 12, 2014
I write and edit material from home for Pearson.I tele-work and work via internet with a few of the employees there and they are all very helpful.
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), TorontoApril 1, 2014
Pros: free education .i.e. graduate degree, good benefits
Cons: pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over – more... 50 schools across the U.S) – less
A relax place to work with some amazing people. Cross training into other departments allows for a diverse skill and knowledge.
Return Clerk (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, pension, vacation.
Cons: salary
I work on the day shift, 6:30am-3:00pm. My main job is a returns clerk. Customers return boxes of books, that is process through logpro for good stock or garbage. Through training and knowledge I could be assisting other departments such as receiving, packaging, picking, quality control, or helping on the raymond reach.
Co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: buying books for next to nothing
Cons: heavy heavy labour
I enjoyed working with my co-worker in team role enviroment
My Fellow co-workers and BBQ
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: benfits of buying books for next to nothing
Cons: very very heavy labour
My fellow co-workers and the most benfit I got from work was pay and benfit.
Really good experience
Scorer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2014
Really enjoyed this job. I learned a lot and at times it felt like i was back in school. I just wish it wasn't seasonal.
Productive Fun Place with great people
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: pay
Management are okay but sometimes not consistent on some of work ethics. basic work duties and simple things make it complicated and hard. They will tell you something that makes no sense relating to work duties. I cross trained on different departments such as receiving, mail and reprographics. My co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
I learned so much here...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJSeptember 3, 2014
This was a great job for me, the commute was easy and the hours were great. I don't think I'll find that at another company. The benefits were the best I've had yet, complete with a $1 for $1 match 401k plan. The time off is also incomparable to most companies. I would still be here today if my department wasn't shut down.
Very quiet environment and you can not talk in the work place.
Temporary Scoring (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: you take the project that best fits your time.
Cons: very short breaks.
It has been a good experience so far, you do have to keep quiet once you are in the room for testing. You arent allowed head phones or any kind of hand held devices when in there or you will get kicked out of the project. Some projects are worth taking due to the pay others arent, but other than that, I have enjoyed my time working on projects and learning – more... the grading system. – less
iOS Lead resource
iOS Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Hi Hiring Manager,

I would like to express my interest in the iPhone developers position advertised, as I hold a 4 years of experience in that field.

I have extensive project experience and I have strong proficiency with COCOA, objective C, interface builder etc. to name a few.

My background makes me an excellent candidate for this position. Attached – more... with this email is my resume which throws some light on my key skills.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
I look forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
Daniel – less
Current culture is opressive, management is lacking skill and nonmotivational.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2014
Pearson is trying to integrate a production workflow that does not work.
Very serious place to work
REST QA Java Programmer (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Enjoyed working with cutting-edge REST technologies.
Created Q/A Integration tests using TestNG and RESTEasy.
it was a productive place to work
picker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2014
Cons: short breaks and no lunch break
During a typical day everybody just worked with little supervision.
I learned how to pick using a scanner and how to work at a fast pace. the management was excellent and did their jobs to their best ability. there was nothing hard about the job except the heat and humidity in the warehouse.
Poductive and fun place to work
Scorer (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good work conditions, clean and safe work environment. helpful supervisors
Cons: assignments not long enoug, ., such as 8 or 9 days instead of 2 or 3 weeks for each one.
Log in, check with supervisor for current work load, grade level to be scored, etc. log into computer and begin assignment. Generally worked in 2 hour increments before breaks, lunch, end of day. Very little inter action with other employees except at break time or lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was reading the children's responses to the – more... various questions and their thought processes in response to ideas that were, perhaps, new to them. The hardest part of the job was giving a low score to a student who seemed to struggle through the assignment and really tried but lacked the skills to complete it successfully. – less
Pearson ED
Manager Greg Reyes (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
I work in Pearson ED for 3 years is a easy job to do and great benefits.
Person Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon, INAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: no job security
I worked in a call center environment. I had many duties in a high call and high stress environment. I help customers with any issues that had and help solve the problem. Pearson provides educational material to schools, school districts, individuals and parents K-12 and college level. I handled customer orders, found any product the customer needed, – more... tracked orders, help with any claims, or refunds. I gave price quotes, spoke with schools about their massive orders, and used multiple systems to help assist the customer.

I learn a great deal about how to be the best customer service agent. Also how to properly help any customer.

Management made sure we had the tools to handle anything that came up on the job.

It was a call center and you had your private space but we all worked together as a team to provide the best service.

The first call was the hardest after seeing it was really simple it got easier from there. And also leaving the job was hard. I really like my position, my co workers, and the company.

Learning new skills that will help me in another position. – less
Meeting the need of the customer
Production/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: a job well done
Cons: no opportunity available for growth
A regular work day, spent processing licenses and resolving problems and answering questions from customer calls.Work had to be completed before the end of your shift including accounting balances on the check work for the day. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything balanced and verify funds so accounting was able to balance so the reports – more... that had to be turned in to management would be balance for the month end reports that was reported to HR head office account dept. My co-workers together would get the work and help each other get everything done by end of the day. The best part of the day is when we were able to resolve the problem and the customer was very happy with the results. – less
Able to work from home
Scorer (Current Employee), Home basedAugust 12, 2014
It is a nice opportunity to work from home and fun to read the essays.
Loved to go to work, co-workers were like family...
Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great healthcare and salary
Excellent place to work, learned new things daily in the 20+ years I was there. Strong management that continuosly challenged you to learn more.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more