Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee), on lineJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch on training
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Excellent management
Science Writer (Former Employee), MontrealApril 12, 2014
I write and edit material from home for Pearson.I tele-work and work via internet with a few of the employees there and they are all very helpful.
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), TorontoApril 1, 2014
Pros: free education .i.e. graduate degree, good benefits
Cons: pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over – more... 50 schools across the U.S) – less
A relax place to work with some amazing people. Cross training into other departments allows for a diverse skill and knowledge.
Return Clerk (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, pension, vacation.
Cons: salary
I work on the day shift, 6:30am-3:00pm. My main job is a returns clerk. Customers return boxes of books, that is process through logpro for good stock or garbage. Through training and knowledge I could be assisting other departments such as receiving, packaging, picking, quality control, or helping on the raymond reach.
Co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: buying books for next to nothing
Cons: heavy heavy labour
I enjoyed working with my co-worker in team role enviroment
My Fellow co-workers and BBQ
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: benfits of buying books for next to nothing
Cons: very very heavy labour
My fellow co-workers and the most benfit I got from work was pay and benfit.
Enjoyed the ongoing challenges...
Sr. Assessment Design Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2014
My time at Pearson was good. I was able to advance rapidly, starting out in a warehouse/operations environment and ending my career with Pearson on the assessment research & design side of the business. Challenges were regularly presented and often times required strong communication skills in order to engage and enlist the service of others within – more... the organization as well as vendors.

Job security was a concern as Pearson moved with greater focus towards emerging markets and online learning and assessment. In order to align with short-term goals, long-term goals, and efficacy, it was necessary for Pearson to evaluate human resource requirements and ultimately resulted in positions being eliminated.

I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Pearson and am grateful for the opportunity they gave me to gain valuable experience, learn new skills, and work with some truly wonderful people. – less
Excellent Company
Sr.Oracle Apps Consultant (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 11, 2014
Excellent Company to work for and well organized IT .Co workers are very friendly and helpful.
basic palletizing with picking orders
Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
Pros: close to home an vast overtime
Cons: heat within no water station
araange all palltes separate broken from useable make sure all line are flowing productively.
NO benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee), Upper Saddle River, NJDecember 10, 2014
Building is closing soon......................................................................................................................................Building is closing soon
Productive and good place for work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Carolina, PRDecember 8, 2014
Productive and good environment work place.
Team oriented company.
Developed TestNG Integration tests for RESTful web services
REST QA Java Test Automation Programmer (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 7, 2014
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: reorganization due to merger
Created and executed TestNG Integration tests for RESTful Web Services.
Learned how to build and execute Integration tests using the IDEA Intelli/j IDE.
Enjoyed working in a demanding Agile environment.
good project
Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2014
good projects to be a part of. lots of new technology stacks introduced and a dynamic team.
Active, Creative Sales Environment
K-12 Humanities Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: freedom to be creative and work at your own pace for the most part
Cons: infrastructure is confusing
I have enjoyed working in such an active sales environment. This company cares deeply about the well-being and success of their customers. Customer service is their first concern. I am responsible for building direct customer relationships and presenting winning sales messages after identifying and qualifying customers needs.
Pearson Education
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pearson was a good place to work in services. The company allows its employees to work remotely and provide nice benefits.

Typical day at work included managing projects deliverables, budget, schedule, solutions engineering, and quality.
Skip this job
Customer service (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJNovember 7, 2014
Cons: see review
The job is a dead end temp job. They put you through two weeks of classroom training on order entry. The computer systems are very old and confusing. Then, you have one week of one on one desk training, where another rep helps you take live orders. After that, you are on your own. They give you two SCHEDULED 15 minute breaks, and a SCHEDULED 45 minute – more... lunch. They want you to take as many calls as possible. They monitor calls. The people that work there look miserable. – less
Productive developement
UI Developer (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 6, 2014
progressive experience in all phases of software development life cycle including requirements analysis, applications design, development, Integration, maintenance and testing of various client/server, N-tier and web applications.
● Experienced as a Web Development/User Interface/Front End Developer in developing applications using HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, – more... JavaScript, DOM, jQuery, Ajax and JSON.
● Experience working with JavaScript MVC frameworks Angular JS.
● Extensively used the JavaScript frameworks jQuery. – less
Good wages
Groundworker (Former Employee), Hetton le Hole, ENGNovember 6, 2014
Wages was good and the company was easy to get to and transport was provided
very productive workplace with great comraderie
Supervisor (Former Employee), Distributed Scoring from home.November 2, 2014
helping other scorers evaluate essays in accordance with TX guidelines and give the right score every time. this is only a seasonal project that occurs approximately between Feb/March and May.
Learning
Supervisor of Shipping (Former Employee), IndianaOctober 27, 2014
Pros: lebanon culture is employee focused
Everything in Life is Temporary including your job.
Consolidation due to cost cutting in distribution

1 2 3 4 5