Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bbq's twice a year.
Receiver (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch on pay days.
Cons: Working the doors in the winter.
I enjoyed all of my co-workers, love to read and learn new things.Dealing with some drivers was both good and bad.I got along with most management that I dealt with. I learned how to drive the equipment to move the product.
Company needs alot of work - inorganized
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
* Very in-organized
* Basic level technology implemented , ex: No automation with regards to scheduling.
* Advancements are very hard to come by.
* Salary is very low (35K / year).
Good people, unpreferable shift
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), newMarch 22, 2015
Overall decent company, solid night shift work. Few perks or incentives to work the shift with low pay for the work and involved.
Working as Tech Support at Pearson was a dead end job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 19, 2015
The work itself can be easy but the pay is relatively low and there are no opportunities for promotions.

It is a call-centre where the managers will micro manage your every move.
I have enjoyed my job at Pearson Canada
Packaging & Returns Material Handler (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: short commute to work
Cons: pay rate not high enough
I sort through the orders to match up the loose picks with the bulk picks, Once this has been done, I then use the forklift to take the orders to the appropriate department. Once I have completed all of this, I then go to the department and help with packing the orders so they can be shipped out to the customers. I receive invoice into the system. I put skids of product back into rack locations.
I work with my Leader to ensure that everything gets done by the due dates.
I don't feel that my job is hard. I'm busy all day and the is what I enjoy about the job. I know when I go to work that I won't be sitting around doing nothing.
Pearson
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Newmarket. OntarioMarch 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: midnight shift no chance in change
I worked for the company for almost 10 years, due to convenient timing of my arrival and my previous experience I was able to move up in the company quickly.
Great company to work for.
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits and perks
Cons: too much restructuring
Great company to work for. Great opportunities for career advancement. Relaxed environment. Cooperative staff. Good office location.
Professional and confusing
Software Engineer / Escalation Specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 26, 2015
This company has given me the impression that it does not know what it wants. Aside from all the technical quality it's people have, it does not make good choices. Management has been a real issue.

Probably the fact that this is a mega corporation with varying interests is the reason why they have made poor software choices. I don't think they're a successful software company.
Professional, energetic and work-life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: limited growth
As a financial analyst, I will develop budget, forecasts for our business divisions and provide analysis on the financials.
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee), on lineJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch on training
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Excellent management
Science Writer (Former Employee), MontrealApril 12, 2014
I write and edit material from home for Pearson.I tele-work and work via internet with a few of the employees there and they are all very helpful.
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), TorontoApril 1, 2014
Pros: free education .i.e. graduate degree, good benefits
Cons: pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over 50 schools across the U.S)
A relax place to work with some amazing people. Cross training into other departments allows for a diverse skill and knowledge.
Return Clerk (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, pension, vacation.
Cons: salary
I work on the day shift, 6:30am-3:00pm. My main job is a returns clerk. Customers return boxes of books, that is process through logpro for good stock or garbage. Through training and knowledge I could be assisting other departments such as receiving, packaging, picking, quality control, or helping on the raymond reach.
Co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: buying books for next to nothing
Cons: heavy heavy labour
I enjoyed working with my co-worker in team role enviroment
My Fellow co-workers and BBQ
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: benfits of buying books for next to nothing
Cons: very very heavy labour
My fellow co-workers and the most benfit I got from work was pay and benfit.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more