Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee), on lineJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch on training
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Excellent management
Science Writer (Former Employee), MontrealApril 12, 2014
I write and edit material from home for Pearson.I tele-work and work via internet with a few of the employees there and they are all very helpful.
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), TorontoApril 1, 2014
Pros: free education .i.e. graduate degree, good benefits
Cons: pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over 50 schools across the U.S)
A relax place to work with some amazing people. Cross training into other departments allows for a diverse skill and knowledge.
Return Clerk (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, pension, vacation.
Cons: salary
I work on the day shift, 6:30am-3:00pm. My main job is a returns clerk. Customers return boxes of books, that is process through logpro for good stock or garbage. Through training and knowledge I could be assisting other departments such as receiving, packaging, picking, quality control, or helping on the raymond reach.
Co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: buying books for next to nothing
Cons: heavy heavy labour
I enjoyed working with my co-worker in team role enviroment
My Fellow co-workers and BBQ
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: benfits of buying books for next to nothing
Cons: very very heavy labour
My fellow co-workers and the most benfit I got from work was pay and benfit.
Life appears Vue
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good employees
Live is good at Pearson Vue. The job is fun and the management is trained and helps provide a great place to work. The job itself is not hard but it can get busy at times with people taking a exam that will allow them to continue working. This combination lends for a interesting workplace.
good place to work
machine operator (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: management staff was great to work for
Cons: like every job i had in iowa, not permeate, even when it suppose to be
it was the only place i worked in a long time where the employer appreciate their employees . The hardest aspect of the job was it would run out of work a lot . So you had a lot of down time . So most of us would go home out of boredom, which was not good for the pay check .
Innovative, listens to employees to create a better work environment
Scorer (Current Employee), OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: constantly seeking to better the work environment with employees' input.
Cons: benefits for scorers are not what i would like.
Pearson is a leader in education. They provide courses for stay at home schools all the way up to colleges. I scored academic tests for grades 1 through senior high school students. I used proprietary software owned by Pearson to score and upload the data to the Pearson Network. Management always are seeking ways to improve the work environment, and appreciate all input from employees. Changes are made from the input that make the work environment a better place. The hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the people, every time a project ends. However it's fun to work with a new group for each project, as each grade and academic subject meant a new group. Pearson allows employees to score academic subjects at the grade level that each employee is most comfortable with scoring.
Great Job for Student or Recent Grad
Test Administrator (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, entry level white collar work, part-time
Cons: no benefits, poor pay, unpredictable schedule sometimes, little/no room for advancement, strictly short-hour/parti-time
Work is routine and can be boring - you are an exam proctor. Staff is mostly made up of retired and/or senior citizens. Management is very understanding, helpful, and has got your back. The hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled/angry/disappointed/confused clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a kind staff and helping clients reach their career goals.

Basically, this job is great for college students, stop gap for recent grads, and is great for retired professionals. This is NOT a job for an ambitious person or someone who needs a full-time job with benefits.
There is a basketbal hoop, cafeteria, and table tennis table!
Customer Support Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: basketball hoop, table tennis table, cafeteria
Cons: call center.
This job is temp to hire but never seems to be any move toward the hire aspect unless it is absolutely necessary for the business. I have been employed here as a temporary employee for 1.5 of the past 2 years at three different posts, could be more up front about the opportunity for hire!
Amazing individuals work there.
Scoring Supervisor/Scorer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2015
A Company that serves a noble mission but within the capacity within which I am there offers zero in terms of security or earning consistency.
learned new things
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day i used to drive a fork lift machine in the returns department, putting pallets of books back to their locations. I learned to drive the machinery, used a scanner to stock new books,unload boxes from the receiving department.I learned lot from my co-workers;build boxes,make book pallets.The hardest part of the job was lifting 30 pounds boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with diversity peoples.
Great Medical Benefits
Senior Customer Service Representative / Training (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: exercise room
Cons: revolving management
Hardest part of this job was the ever changing management team during the closing of the Lebanon. IN facility.
professional work environment
flexible work hours
great benefits
Collaborative, professional environment.
Proposal Writer (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great team, professional environment.
Cons: for a company this size, the health benefits could probably be better.
I really enjoy working at Pearson VUE. I work with a fantastic team and feel that I have a good work-life balance. The work environment is very professional and respectful. I feel that Pearson & Pearson VUE value their employees.
A caring company working towards learning innovations.
Grader/Scorer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: cares for staff.
Cons: temporary
Everyday I had to use critical thinking skills to find answers to questions that didn't always have clear-cut answers to plug in. These past two years, I was able to obtain more duties as an overseer of my coworkers and assigning work flow. I enjoyed having more control over my workplace.
Good environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), cranbury, njDecember 28, 2014
Picking order with order picker using RF Scanner.
Order picker is a machine that I had to drive in order to pick orders.
Enjoyed the ongoing challenges...
Sr. Assessment Design Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2014
My time at Pearson was good. I was able to advance rapidly, starting out in a warehouse/operations environment and ending my career with Pearson on the assessment research & design side of the business. Challenges were regularly presented and often times required strong communication skills in order to engage and enlist the service of others within the organization as well as vendors.

Job security was a concern as Pearson moved with greater focus towards emerging markets and online learning and assessment. In order to align with short-term goals, long-term goals, and efficacy, it was necessary for Pearson to evaluate human resource requirements and ultimately resulted in positions being eliminated.

I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Pearson and am grateful for the opportunity they gave me to gain valuable experience, learn new skills, and work with some truly wonderful people.
Excellent Company
Sr.Oracle Apps Consultant (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 11, 2014
Excellent Company to work for and well organized IT .Co workers are very friendly and helpful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more