Pearson Employee Reviews in Canada

Brave, Decent, Imaginative and Accountable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Very strategic environment, where you can share and value opinions,
a culture that allows to promote, encourage, grow.
Diverse and Flexible
SALESFORCE AUTOMATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Pearson provides flexible place to work where you work with a diverse group of people and an understanding management team.

Each day would begin by doing the routine maintenance functions with regard to order issues from the CRM systems. From there you move on to individual requests from the CRM system users.

We had a great team in SFA Support and worked well together on resolving issues, routine maintenance, upgrade testing and territory re-alignments.

The hardest part of the job always seemed to be getting answers from the technical team in the U.S. There always seemed to be staff turnover and it was difficult to find the right person to ask.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide the right answers to the systems' users. Either resolving problems or providing training.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
occasional need to postpone vacation
Nice company to work for.
NCLEX Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 8, 2016
They are very friendly and welcoming. It is contract work if it is at a temporary testing centre, but they will usually invite you back.
Great Summer Job
Summer Student (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 27, 2016
Learned a lot from the helpful employees. On a day to day basis there was a good balance of routine and new work to keep things interesting.
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 12, 2016
People are friendly, we all get along. benefits, holidays, sick days are amazing,
Management is good
full cafe, people are just overall friendly
Pearson Education
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONDecember 3, 2015
Laid back environment with great management. Enjoy working with co workers. The only downside is that business can be quite slow in off peak seasons. There was not much work. I enjoy the perks and the incentives of working at Pearson. Unfortunately there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free food
Cons
lack of advancement oppurtunities
Sufficient Entry Level Position
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pearson Online Learning Services is a sufficient entry level position.
I enjoy helping students change their lives through academia
I've learned that passion triumphs over politics .
Pros
colleagues
Cons
salary
Great Hours, Alright Environment
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2015
In my 7 week expereince at Pearson education, I largely enjoyed the people. Job security gets 3 stars as the factory will likely shut down within the next ten years (half of it shut down during my 7 week endeavour last year). Job culture gets 2 stars as most people who work there don't really seem to enjoy their line of work very much. It seemed like the culture promoted the "work for the weekend" mentality, which is not something I personally believe in.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Repetitive work.
Bbq's twice a year.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed all of my co-workers, love to read and learn new things.Dealing with some drivers was both good and bad.I got along with most management that I dealt with. I learned how to drive the equipment to move the product.
Pros
Hour lunch on pay days.
Cons
Working the doors in the winter.
Company needs alot of work - inorganized
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
* Very in-organized
* Basic level technology implemented , ex: No automation with regards to scheduling.
* Advancements are very hard to come by.
* Salary is very low (35K / year).
Good people, unpreferable shift
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  newMarch 22, 2015
Overall decent company, solid night shift work. Few perks or incentives to work the shift with low pay for the work and involved.
Working as Tech Support at Pearson was a dead end job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 19, 2015
The work itself can be easy but the pay is relatively low and there are no opportunities for promotions.

It is a call-centre where the managers will micro manage your every move.
I have enjoyed my job at Pearson Canada
Packaging & Returns Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 18, 2015
I sort through the orders to match up the loose picks with the bulk picks, Once this has been done, I then use the forklift to take the orders to the appropriate department. Once I have completed all of this, I then go to the department and help with packing the orders so they can be shipped out to the customers. I receive invoice into the system. I put skids of product back into rack locations.
I work with my Leader to ensure that everything gets done by the due dates.
I don't feel that my job is hard. I'm busy all day and the is what I enjoy about the job. I know when I go to work that I won't be sitting around doing nothing.
Pros
short commute to work
Cons
pay rate not high enough
Pearson
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket. OntarioMarch 16, 2015
I worked for the company for almost 10 years, due to convenient timing of my arrival and my previous experience I was able to move up in the company quickly.
benefits
Cons
midnight shift no chance in change
Great company to work for.
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Great opportunities for career advancement. Relaxed environment. Cooperative staff. Good office location.
Pros
good benefits and perks
Cons
too much restructuring
Professional and confusing
Software Engineer / Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 26, 2015
This company has given me the impression that it does not know what it wants. Aside from all the technical quality it's people have, it does not make good choices. Management has been a real issue.

Probably the fact that this is a mega corporation with varying interests is the reason why they have made poor software choices. I don't think they're a successful software company.
Professional, energetic and work-life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 26, 2015
As a financial analyst, I will develop budget, forecasts for our business divisions and provide analysis on the financials.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited growth
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee) –  on lineJuly 18, 2014
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Pros
free lunch on training
Excellent management
Science Writer (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 12, 2014
I write and edit material from home for Pearson.I tele-work and work via internet with a few of the employees there and they are all very helpful.
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 1, 2014
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over 50 schools across the U.S)
Pros
free education .i.e. graduate degree, good benefits
Cons
pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement