Director of Student Support Services
Department: STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Reports to: VP, Student and Faculty Services
The Director, Student Support Services has the ultimate responsibility for the achievement of high student retention rates and student satisfaction ratings by managing the student support services management function. The Director will ensure student retention objectives and metrics across all programs the department supports are achieved. The Director will be responsible for the development of the Education Specialists, Program Coordinators and Student Advisors.
The Director manages and directs the daily functional operations of a Student Services functional business unit; formulates strategic plans, manages daily operations, and manages expenses and budgets for the assigned functional entity. Working in a cross functional environment, the Director will lead the operation to provide timely and effective student retention services to operational business units and their university partners.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and analyze departmental results and provide strategic recommendations for performance improvements.
- Provide leadership to department including employee motivation initiatives and effective resource allocation.
- Maintain department’s budget for assigned location(s).
- Conduct performance reviews to ensure team is consistent with key performance objectives.
- Provide weekly updates concerning retention pacing to objectives.
- Provide the team with tools to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to implement cross-functional improvement/strategic initiatives.
- Act as a functional subject matter expert and participating in Academic Partner meetings.
- Responsible for new employee hiring, orientation, and training.
- Responsible for continuous learning in the area of student retention.
- Ensure staff updates the CRM with accurate, timely enrollment information and relevant student feedback.
- Ensures all programs have up to date and accurate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strategize with the Manager of Academic Administration to improve department efficiencies, results, and satisfaction ratings.
- Model the company’s core values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8 to 10 years in customer service and 5 years in team supervision.
- Working experience in a vocational or academic organization strongly preferred.
- Able to make decisions with a proven track record of decision making.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, communication (written and oral), presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Has the ability to transfer knowledge and skills to the team through constant training and support.
- Ability to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work against resistance to accomplish goals.
- Highly proficient with office automation tools (MS Office) as well as internet and various databases both internal and external.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the Student Support Services Team and Education Specialists.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Since pioneering the industry in 1993 we have become the leading provider of online learning services for the world’s premier schools,...