Pearle Vision Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Long hours and little support
Licenced Optician/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2015
This optical giant is all about the almighty dollar. Consistently runs their stores short staffed causing customer dissatisfaction and employee stress. Little training is provided for new employees, along with below average wages for the amount of work required.

This company does not support a healthy work/life balance and discourages outside interests, especially sport related activities. Product availability and customer service falls by the wayside and gets buried under mountains of red tape.

Although helping people find the right optical products is satisfying, the inability to secure the best products for patients, and extreme short-staffing makes this company hard to love.
Cons
mall hours, little head office support, low wages
Friendly enviroment
Eye Wear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2014
Co-workers are always very helpful and eager to teach.
Most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers are happy about their purchase.
Good for students, Good management team
Assistant Optician/Sales associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 6, 2014
- Dispensed frames/Pre-exam procedures (PD, pressures, etc.)
- Office tasks including filing patient orders, word processing and coordinating appointments
Staff recognized the talent & respected the way I did things even if it wasn't how they would do it.
Frames Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 21, 2014
The Pearle Vision store located in the Georgian Mall has an awesome staff where customer service still reigns! The values and work ethics of the staff was a good match for me. I was the only employee that was not an optician but everyone helped me, without hesitation, when I had questions to further understand the business. Management was respectful of others and she was strong in her position. The hardest part of the job was the computer system which was temperamental. The customers were great and I enjoyed servicing them. In my 25 years of retail experience, it was the best job I ever had.
Pros
healthy mental work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Never a dull moment.
Licensed Dispensing Optician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 26, 2013
An overall great place to work. Management very approachable.
Pros
beautiful eyewear for good price.
Cons
mall hours.