Pearle Vision Store Manager
Pearle Vision Store Manager
Pearle Vision is recognized for its trusted eye care and fashion. Our associates are bright, energetic and motivated to help customers take care of their eye health and find the latest fashion styles. Regardless if you’re looking for a part-time job or a career that offers promotions and advancement, Pearle is full of potential! As a member of our team, you’ll be recognized as the leader in eye care. With more than 700 locations in the U.S. and Canada. Apply today.
Responsible for maximizing the store’s sales and profits and for achieving customer service objectives through personal selling and the effective management of Associates. Ensures that store meets all operational, sales and merchandising goals. Models Luxottica commitment to providing exceptional customer service while maintaining sales behaviors/goals.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as manager of store; manages store operations; follows up on tasks to ensure that the store is run on a sound operational basis; empowers associates to make decisions; drives results by conveying a sense of urgency and directs issues to closure; and acts as catalyst of change in working with associates.
- Ensures that store consistently and efficiently meets corporate and divisional expectations for sales, merchandising, customer service and store operations. Aids in achievement of goals through personal sales and customer interaction whenever needed.
- Ensures that associates are trained to perform their jobs with a high level of skill and self-initiative
- Monitors all areas of store to ensure they are meeting expectations; when deficiencies are identified, initiates immediate actions that remedy both the deficiency and its cause.
- Ensures that associates work together as a team to achieve corporate and divisional objectives including sales.
- Recruit, interview and hire high caliber sales associates to ensure store is properly staffed as needed.
- Coaches and develops associates to provide candidates for promotion and future growth opportunities. Identifies high capacity and high potential candidates and develops a plan to promote them.
- Ensures that the store is in compliance with all Company HR policies and practices as well as federal and state laws and regulations. Appropriately uses regional and Corporate HR partners to resolve issues including Associate Relations, Benefits and Compensation. Sets the tone for a positive, diverse, and harassment-free work environment for all teammates.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant business field or equivalent experience and 3 years of leadership experience in an equivalent retail like environment.
2. Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct, and motivate a diverse associate population.
3. Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions.
4. Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
5. Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
6. Ability to analyze and understand financial reports.
7. Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
8. Must demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service/sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be available to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the store.
2. Ability to be on feet most of the day and function throughout the facility for extended periods.
3. Must demonstrate physical agility (bending, twisting, reaching, and pulling) for handling merchandise.
4. Must be able to plan, organize and execute all Company programs on time and within the allowed expense guidelines, while teaching and expecting others to do the same.
Pearle Vision offers on-the-job training for the optical lab and retail floor, great benefits and an outstanding work environment. For more information visit www.pearlevision.com. EOE