We are PeaceGeeks. We empower grassroots organizations by building technology partnerships to significantly improve or transform their efforts to promote peace and human rights in developing and conflict-affected areas.
Vision: We see a world where every NGO can leverage technology to achieve lasting peace.
Position Description & Link to the Organization's Mission
The Graphic Designers will be responsible for developing the graphical elements of a specific website redesign project. They would also be accountable for the communication design, branding, and graphics for a variety of projects; contributing to both a strategic element within branding as well as a tactical/implementation component.
To learn more about PeaceGeeks and our mission please go to http://peacegeeks.org/mission
Skills & Experience
PeaceGeeks is looking for an absolute team player to join our team, with the following experience and credentials:
- Degree from an accredited art school, preferably in graphic design, web design and/or interactive design
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an Graphic Design capacity, or equivalent
- Experience with graphic design programs, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of designing for websites that are built using content management system, such as Drupal, Joomla and, HTML5, CNS, is an asset, but not necessary.
- Strong communication and presentation Skills – communicate and present art concepts and other information to clients, project managers, and to colleagues effectively and concisely.
- Strong time management skill in delivering quality products within time and resources allocated
Benefits & Recognition
Volunteers can benefit from this experience in different ways, including:
- Learning about relevant international issues that we work on
- Getting experience working on projects with international teams
- Making a contribution to peace building work in developing, non-democratic and conflict-affected places
- Working and networking with an amazing group of volunteers
Deliverables / Duties
The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Attend client design brief, and translate the client’s strategic goals and key message into visual concepts in an interactive digital environment, such as web sites, applications, games and etc.
- Understanding of Web design and the principles to create site functionality (including user interface, navigation, interaction, and etc) for best user experiences, and to ensure flow of content and information
- Work alongside the IT Director and with volunteers from various backgrounds to ensure quality production in all media involved all the way through execution
- Deliver unified visual look throughout the entire project
- Scope design phases accurately and efficiently, in-line with estimated timelines and resource requirements
This position will report directly to a Project Manager. This position can be worked from home, via Skype or any sort of tele-communication. PeaceGeeks Hive office is available for use.
Number of Volunteers Required : 3
Approximate Position Start Date
5 hours per week
Time & Day of Volunteer Engagement
Daytime; Weekdays; Evening; Weekend
Volunteer may work from home or online
For this position, we encourage applications from people with physical disabilities
For more information or to apply, please contact Human Resources by filling out our registration form at http://peacegeeks.org/volunteer