Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging technology position? Would you like to make a difference in rural public library services? This is an exciting time to be involved in public library technology.
Peace Library System (PLS) is seeking a self-motivated Network Analyst to provide technology support at headquarters and member public libraries. The individual must have a strong customer service focus and be able to communicate effectively with library managers in small public libraries.
PLS is the “hub” for 45 public libraries and provides a range of technology-based services to support libraries. The PLS LAN/WAN network includes 5 servers running Server 2008 and Linux, and over 250 workstations running Windows 7 and supported remotely using SCCM. Other components include Fortigate firewalls, Polycom video conferencing, Aruba wireless products, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Maintain and develop Peace Library System’s network infrastructure (LAN and WAN)
- Maintain and support hardware and software in headquarters and member libraries
- Assist in troubleshooting the integrated library system (Polaris)
- Provide technical training for member libraries and PLS staff as required
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma or certification in computer networking and technology, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with hardware, software and network troubleshooting. Experience with Active Directory, SCCM, and Fortigate management is essential.
- Current network, server, and professional certifications are essential
- Experience with webserver management and Linux would be an asset
- Familiarity and experience with SQL would be an asset
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and as a member of project teams
- Candidates must be willing to travel (vehicle provided) and possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Salary Range: Peace Library System offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Peace Library System headquarters is located in the City of Grande Prairie, approximately 450 km northwest of Edmonton. With a population of over 50,000, Grande Prairie is an active, growing community with all services and amenities, situated in the beautiful Peace Country. Peace Library System serves a municipal population of 150,000 and a student population of 11,500 through a network of 45 public and 50 school libraries across northwestern Alberta.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, but a review of applications will begin October 14, 2013. Please note that only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Janet Ayles, IT Services Manager
Peace Library System
Grande Prairie, Alberta T8W 6T2