PCL Employee Reviews in Canada

Great leadership, pleasure to work for!
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABAugust 15, 2016
From start to finish its all about Safety, education from management to the crews. Great team environment. Excellent co-workers. This company recognizes and awards those with more work going from job to job.
Never go back
SURVEYOR/APPRENTICE CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2016
Overly religious about safety, management isn't the least bit understanding, management has no concept about what really happens on the Job site and runs their mouth like they know everything, Completely hypocritical company. Good pay and benefits is the only positive thing I can say about my time here at PCL
We have a friendly environment in the site.
PIPE FITTING (Current Employee) –  RED WATERMay 22, 2016
Management give the priority for the safety. I have learned lots from co- workers and management. everybody is friendly and help each other. I like the companies safety beyond the zero policy.
Poor Management
Carpenter/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2016
Poor and inexperienced management making the company very hard to work for. Very repetitive belittling work. decent co-workers. Attitude of management towards employees is that you can easily be replaced.
benefits
Cons
poor work environment
Pretty good company to work for
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABApril 19, 2016
PCL was a good company to work for, seemed like they really cared about their emplolyees, and safety was high up the list for them
Productive Workplace
B Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABMarch 24, 2016
excellent learning experience, great people, advancement within, easy to co-work, highly recommend for future and current work. great information and very informative web site.
active and very progressive
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 18, 2016
The company was very strict on making the project work and time wise it was very important to make the most out of employees times. you got overwhelmed with work sometimes and you needed a real break from the work. it was a busy environment with lots of work to be done.
Fly in camp job with excellent benefits
Site Administrator/ Document Control (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 11, 2016
Work at PCL is rewarding in it's challenges and job satisfaction. Strong safety culture. Availability for long term employment and advancement. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
camp job
A Great learning experience.
Human Resources / Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time with PCL. They are a well known construction company and a great company to work for. I learned everything from scaffolding to safety on construction sites. Management and co-workers are what made my experience out west great. They were kind, respectable, hard work people who only want to see you learn and grown within the company. The hardest part of the job was being away from my loved ones back in Toronto and the most enjoyable part was being part was meeting new people and learning everything i could.
Pros
Meeting new people, Working in all departments
Cons
Away from Home
work culture
.Net developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2015
It was deplorable. Didn't seem that way at first, but once things got started, it escalated very quickly. Extremely unprofessional and not worth anyone's time.
Pros
weekend gatherings
Cons
long work
Large Contractor
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2015
Very professional organization. Management identifies star employees and puts them in a position to succeed. Learned a lot about what goes into building a very large project
Pros
Large Projects, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
An experience I'm glad I took.
Senior Project Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Fantastic company, fantastic treatment but fell short on the back up of work permit renewal. This was due to over employment of migrant temporary workers when projects fell through.
Pros
Great company and surroundings
Cons
There was no back up for workers on permits.
Great workplace, fun envoronment!
Tower Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 28, 2015
A challenging workplace as is to be expected when sitting in a crane two hundred and more feet up in the air but an environment that always has one on the edge of the seat and so very rewarding at the end of a safe day! PCL's management team is second to none, their dedication and support in whatever venue needed to employees is unquestioning!
Pros
A great work environment with lots of free perks as medical and dental and health care as needed!
Cons
Just long hours!
Has a great safety record.
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 18, 2015
Safety is at the highest importance. Great communication from management to the workers. Never rushed work and found the safest way to do any task.
overall pretty good site
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 2, 2015
A work day would consist of putting in big mods & bolting up sometimes working with a welder some basic 1st year stuff

co workers were really good to me helped me out a lot showed me a few things

most hardest part was mostly the weather

most enjoy able part was i get to climb on the iron
Pros
good hrs
Cons
traffic
ok camp work
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  albertaMay 14, 2015
Scaffolder in oil sands , location was a disgrace to Canadians. the air and grounds are being stripped of resources and massive damage to the environment.
Pros
money
Cons
participation in destruction of carib
Great co-workers
Zoom Boom operator (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SKApril 22, 2015
I really enjoyed the crew i was working with but always felt like the company it self couldn't care less about their workers
Good companyto work for
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  At Shell Scotford Site and Kearl LakeFebruary 27, 2015
PCL is rule orientated so you always know what to expect.
It would have been difficult for me to advance with PCL as I was under contract with the Labourer's Union Local 92
Pros
clear expectations
Cons
Productive and hard worker References of previous employment will say the same
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SKFebruary 25, 2015
Hard worker, non stop, Not afraid of heights, willing to take on any task. Open to learning and open to teaching. Work great in a team setting also able to work alone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
if theres lack of communiction.
Great place to work.
Electrical Foreman/Electrical General Foreman (Former Employee) –  kearl lake, abJanuary 19, 2015
My typical day would be meet with day supervision to see if anything needed to be worked on during nightshift. If not I would get the days work planned out for the Foremans. One of the hardest part was to do on site problem solving. Crews would sometime come across issues in their daily task where Foremans and myself had to come up with an effective and timely solution that would work. I enjoyed my job. I believe its was because of the good morals and respect we had for each other.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
not full time