PCL

PCL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Frustrating, poorly managed, "people come last" PCL
Pipefitter (Apprentice) 3rd (Current Employee), SKApril 23, 2014
The worst, most unorganized job to date. Poorly managed, where PCL is robbing the client blind. They are over-budget by $400 million now and everyone has been feeling the pressure of it all. 2 hours to work on the packed, supplied bus with no pay.
Very productive and fun workplace
FIRST YEAR CARPENTER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: learned so much more in the construction field, especially commercial construction
PCL was a great experience for me. I got the chance to b a lead hand and I started my Carpentry apprenticeship through the company. Unfortunately I was laid off in the big recession of 2009 and have been driving truck in the moving industry ever since
productive
Pipefitter (Current Employee), Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hour work
It is a good company, I like my job, I worked in daytime, I enjoyed working with others, I like the management, my job is somewhat a repetition from my previous company .....its all pipefitting...
They continually put a carrot on a string in front of their workers.
Labourer (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 16, 2013
They have never went through with any of the promises they have made me.
fun and quiet did alot of courses during work
janitor / people based safety. some small filling (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 11, 2013
Pros: long lunches
Cons: had to wear ppe
I enjoyed working there they were very leaned back and always had incentives for safe work . Cleaning and have to manage some office duties was also intresting and knowlageable
Dirty shop
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 10, 2012
Pros: in town
Cons: management
This is a dirty shop, management isn't very good. Don't expect to work there long
Not a place to gain much experience as a labourer
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: physical limitations, constant supervision (every 5 min)
I didnt gain much construction experience in the one and a half yearsthat I worked for them. All I did was sweep floors, clean up garbage, and dust. My co-workers were always miserable due to the fact we had to get into the most akward positions to get miniscule ammounts of dust. Due to the lack of communication between our superiors, there was always – more... deadline conflicts, or lack of clear instructions provided. – less
Working at own pace
Delivery Driver Pharmacist (Former Employee), Santa RosaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: discount's at local safeway's.
Cons: driving in traffic hours, dealing with rude customers.
You start out by going into the local safeway pharmacy.Show them your PCL bagde, grab the outgoing medications.Match them to the signature listing,go out to deliver the medications to the customers at there house. Collect any method of payment,collect there signature for proof of completion of deliver.After finishing the route i'd fill out my time card – more... witch includes number of stops i made that day per store. Any medications that weren't accepted by customers or the customer wasn't home, the medications are to be brought back to the pharmacy they came from. – less
Fun but straight to the work
Utility Craftsman (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: learning something new everyday and seeing things you wouldn't normally see around town.
Cons: management not taking responsibility for there actions, but instead pointing fingers.
Ppl was a good company but I believe management was never supervised and hit away with more than they should. Shortcuts were not usually taken by regular employees but by management. Pcl took great pride in working safely and would appreciate a safe completed job over a rapid completed job.
an ok place to work
reach truck driver (Former Employee), Hatfield, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
operating a reach truck on the 12 night shift in a chilled warehouse putting away stock
Enjoy working with hand tools and threading conduit.
Electrician Top Helper IV (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Got along with the people there. Everyone was willing to help, even if they weren't from the same craft. I enjoyed being at the refineries.
dirty -nasty-dusty not good for you health
Segment Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2013
Pros: superviser out in field most days
Cons: no payed hoildays 10 to12hr days 6days a week 30 min lunch only brake all day
start 7am-5.30pm Do all work related to warehouse /operate all equioment to complete daily work orders. Manufacture prestress tendons as called for on site plans per the supervisers request. Long hours and long days six days a week.
good work enviornment
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee), Commerce City, COOctober 22, 2013
Pros: grate pay
Cons: contract only
work as a team, look out for each others safety, learn something new every day. the hardest part of the job is when the contract ends and work goes away. the part i most enjoyed about my job was the hard work the long hours and the great pay!
Great Pay
Ceritfied Crane Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great pay/great hours w/ weekends off
Cons: poor unfair management/poor job secruity
My Experience at PCL was good. Learned how to operator a 100 ton crane on work site.
Good company
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), Chandigarh, India,September 9, 2013
I worked there for 2 years. It was very good company. That company made computers. I worked closely with production department, checked and ensured quality standards were followed at all stages of production.
Fair company- flexible when I needed them to be
Carpenter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good pay for being in the trades
Cons: the odd foreman.
Like any construction outfit, every superintendent or foreman can be like working for a completely different company.
very good company to work for
cargo surveyor (Former Employee), gravesendAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
friendly and helpful place to work. good benefits, easy to reach location
Good job
Forklift Driver/ receiver (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIMay 18, 2012
I enjoy my position here as a receiver but there has recently been a cut in hours. I can't afford to work part time
worked at my own pace
fueler (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2012
Pros: break whenever worked by myself
a learning experience with company,employers very fair and honest
I would recommend this company!
structural welder (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 29, 2012
Well like in any other job, ther was a little of recism in some of the management. but other than that the people i worked with were grate! loved working with them infact some of us became like family like brothers.

wouldnt mind working for this company again in a near future!!