PCL Energy Employee Reviews

Not a great environment that I am trying to get away from.
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB7 September 2017
I really like the job but the management is all buddies and the wrong people are in high positions. I also personally am trying to find a job away from shift work.
Interesting work atmosphere
Welding Apprentice / Welding Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 August 2017
Not recommended for a family work life. good pay, good regular/OT hours. lots of trouble finding out work information, and lots of trouble trying to deal with pay issues. PCL is cheap and looks for every way out possible when they have problems
Pros
GoodPay
Cons
Horrible office managment. Disorganized
FEAST AND FAMIN work hard and you will be rewarded
journeyman structural welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 August 2017
the nature of the beast, you work yourself out of a job on large projects, in exchange you receive top industry wages.
many people may complain but me personally, having an employer that wants you to take all the time required to get the job done right is unheard of.
but at pcl, that's the message we hear every day. it depends on your personality and what your working for, and what your trade is, but expect that no aspect of the job is to be done hap hazard, and expect to change some bad habits you didn't know you even had.
expect to work in the elements.
Safety is above all else and upper management strives for a reputable safety culture. but sometimes lower management (lead hands, formans) may sometimes misconstrue the term, safety culture. work place culture is the first place you start in order to effectively apply change.
what I mean by that is that sometimes lower management is under stress and push the harsher side of safety to enforce the rules which may stress some employees to the point where they second guess everything they do and have an accident.
Pros
top industry wages
Cons
being away from home
so exiting to work with Canadians and some other player in the field.
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon,Saskatchewan Ab Canada14 August 2017
Safety First is the best thing that i really like to work and do my job in pcl Energy.Safety Officers always there to guide and reminds all the workers.That is my first duty before I'll do my task.SAFETY FIRST till to the Last Hour of my tasked mostly...I've never felt any discriminating from my co-workers cause of my nationality.
Pros
Loa
Cons
8hours
Just a job
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB12 August 2017
Not a bad company to work for, they pay you well, good people to work with makes all the diffidence in a job , i would work for this company again...
pcl energy is good company to work with they give you a good opp
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK21 May 2017
the work days are good i learned to work safe.learn to work work with other trades the management good the hardest part is getting a job
the most enjoyable part of the job is the pay and going home safe.
Pros
like free lunch
Cons
i like long hours
money was good everythimg else wasnt
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2017
money was good management was horrible always being told that we were replaceable not a good atmosphere to work in told we didn't deserve coffee and took our coffee machines
good company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2017
If your looking for a company to work with and grow with for the rest of your career , this is the company cause they will invest the time and money into there employees.
Pros
Foreman
Cons
away from home for long periods
pcl
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2017
it was a good company to work for. two weeks on, one week off. have to pay your own flights. Work mostly in northern Alberta
Line Technician, Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB4 January 2017
I worked with great colleagues. The camaraderie is exceptional in this company. I was indentured with them therefore I cannot truly compare with another company, but so far, I was very well treated.
Building canada
PIPEFITTER GENERAL FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  SASKATOON SK. CANADA15 December 2016
Made a lot of good friends while on the job. We accomplished alot while I was there and had a good time doing it. I hope to work for them again one day
A good working environment with financial comfort
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB29 November 2016
Working days included morning safety meetings and job plans for the crew to help achieve the safest, and most productive workday possible. A great team environment that wanted to see fellow co-workers succeed, and foreman's were readily available to help. Deadlines were always tight, but the challenges kept work interesting and allowed to develop personal skills.
Pros
Financial comfort, Camp work and ammenities, and good co-workers and leadership
Cons
Job security
First Industrial job as a scaffolder
Scaffold Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 November 2016
Long, Hard, Learned how to be an amazing apprentice
management was inexperienced
coworker we helpful and good teachers
hardest part fo the job was working 18 days straight 10 hours days with 45 mins travel each day

going home at the end of the day know you did you job safely and correct
nice camp
PIPEFITTER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 October 2016
I worked PCL Energy at Brion site that was a nice experience I got lots of friends and good techniques , got nice environmental big job site.
Fun working with BC guys who were my crew members
PF (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 September 2016
Its good to work PCL energy, we learned lot and management also good, hardest part of the job is weather conditions during winter.
Good pay always on time
Journeyman Welder/ Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 September 2016
co-workers were great, plenty of ppl around to help move and fit pipe, long hours which i enjoyed and they paid well which im sure everyone enjoys
enjoyable work environment
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK12 September 2016
pleasant environment to work in. clear job guideline, safety oriented. I commenced in the final phases of the conveyer systems upgrade.
Need to pay flights
Second Year Scaffold Erector (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 August 2016
Great company to work for well organizes clean fun great food great people and transportation to job site every day great benefits and great union only downfall is they Dont pay for flights
Pros
Food
Cons
Flights not paid
Productive and Supportive
Pipefitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 July 2016
This company allows you to learn and grow while working in a fast pace environment. I would highly recommend anybody in join there team
great place to work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 July 2016
good job. lots of good people. well organized. good wages. very productive team got job done well and on time.