PCL Construction

PCL Construction Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A little too slow at times but safe work atmosphere for the most part.
Ironworker/Welder (Former Employee), Vanscoy Potash Operations.February 8, 2015
Pros: money.
Cons: everything else.
The management, it seems, is very adamant on making trades people feel like they are lesser of a human beings than the office staff. The wages are good but longs hours and they take your overtime away at any given opportunity. The completion bonuses are a hoax as you get them only in instances when you get laid off, which never happens. You either quit because they make your life miserable or they fire you for the smallest of the reasons. There is favoritism to a very dangerous extent.
Productive and fun place to work
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 10, 2015
Typical day at work would consist of my morning stop at Tim Hortons for a cup of Java. Then I would travel to the job site. Id get to the trailer on site, get my work gear ready. We would have a tail gate meeting and discuss the safety issues for the day and possible hazards ( slips and trips), then I would receive my duties for the day.
End of the day came early most of the time by keeping busy and not worrying about the time.
My co workers were always friendly and a nice group to work with. I would learn a lot of different things during the day. The hardest part of the job would have to be scaffolding. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to learn new things in the trade every day and really enjoy this type of work.
I am getting an education on the Electrical Quality requirements in building a Potash mine
Electrical Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 3, 2015
Presently,I build pack walks (90-95 walks) collect ITR's, RFI's, Prints, One-lines and schematics build them into a package, set the time and date of the walk and inform the client and /or interested parties. Participate in the walks and record punchlist items. At completion of the walk, i enter the information into our data base and send out the that data to the pertinent people.
fun work place
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 31, 2014
learned alot had fun skills for each job of taught me how to use all the equipment for construction
It was a good place to work with lots of diverse projects
Welder (Former Employee), Kearl Lake, ABJuly 30, 2014
Pros: well organized and tidy job
Cons: jobsite congestion
-starts with morning debriefing and exercises
- you learn you have to make effort to get along with people
despite all
-management is no problem what so ever I found
-my co-workers were composite of mostly permit hands and a few
union hands from across Canada
-the most difficult thing was working in a highly congested area
-being part of a large project and watching it come together
Enjoyable and exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great people, amazing work life balance
Cons: salary
Amazing place to work with wonderful people and opportunity for growth. Great team of manangement and co-workers are all very professional and easy going. I love it here for the fact that I have wonderful support and training. We have a great mentoring program here as I feel thats a great benefit for working for a company.
excellent leadership
general laborer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 21, 2014
Pros: paid for your breaks
Cons: no smoking
a typical day is safety meeting in the morning, then pacific jobs are dealt out, you alway's work in a buddy system. and it's a break at 9:30, 12:00, 3:00 o'clock. 10 hour shifts.
Very intens pase
journeyman mobile and tower crane operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: extreamly long days. no time for family
I work as a tower crane operator for PCL at the arena project down town Edmonton Alberta , its very fast paste , long hours .
Great for barbeques .
I am treated good from management.
Construction (Former Employee), Flin Flon, MBJune 23, 2014
Gained new skills and shared skills I've obtained over the years
camp environment
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Northern AlbertaApril 29, 2014
Well organized site, good work rotation and benefits. Enjoyed the work and my colleagues and would work for PCL again in the future.
great company
Carpenter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: not over worked
Cons: na
Liked working for the big company's. Although there are so many employees I still found I was more than just a face. The supervise on site was quick to comment on my work ethics.. A pat on the back so to speak... feels good to be noticed...
Productive job
Cement Mason (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 10, 2013
Pros: steady work and always busy
Great company to work for ,we would start are day with a safety meeting and then be giving assigned tasks. The management was great as were the co-workers .I enjoy doing my field of work to see the finished floor makes me proud of my job. I learned new things every day you can always learn from management and other people.
Great work-life balance
Data Analyst (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 9, 2013
Pros: free food on regular basis in lunch room
very employee-friendly, employee-oriented culture resulting from company being employee owned.
Challenging work enviroment with good support
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, CMHRMarch 30, 2013
Daily tasks were varied and challenging. Management provided feedback and planing for future roles.
PCL poole construction leader
co-worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches and dinners and they pay our gas money
Cons: long hours
I would start my work around 6 am wear my gloves and my safety glasses and my boots and start doing what usually do everyday and load my equipment and tools into the working area and finish what we were told to do, with the finest cut and work
the management was okay in many cases but we usually stay later than 4pm to finish our work to finish our work due to tight schedule and the near deadlines
the most enjoyable part of the job was when we finish the project before the deadline with no mistakes and everything seems to be working in the proper terms
good hours
Carpenter / Welder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: people and location
Cons: outdoor hig hrise weather
Great people, but not steady,one or two year jobs. Safety was a big thing and going home at the end of the day was every-thing

About PCL Construction

PCL Construction Enterprises is the contractor to contact for commercial and civil construction concerns. The company is the parent – Read more