PCL BUILDERS Employee Reviews

Best company I've ever worked for.
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2017
The fact that they are affiliated with CLAC made for a high paying relaxed job with fantastic benefits and friendly crews. They gave us overtime when we wanted it and even fed us turkey at christmas!
working for PCL you will learn a lot
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
At PCL i use to start work at 7 am which was a good time to start.
we will have our safety meeting every morning which was important and i highly support it, After the meeting i will go with the crew i'm assign to and start working.We usually have two coffee breaks and a lunch break. I learned to work with various tools and learned how to use measurements. The managers were really friendly and always helpful. The hardest part of the work was sometimes i will do repetitive work and you will stand a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of the work was meeting different people and learning from them.
Pros
you will never work alone and the co workers are always there to help each other
Cons
repetitive work
Overall an alright place to work
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
Watching many people come and go can make it a difficult place to work. Layoffs always around the corner, unless you know/are related to somebody. Same with advancement, unless you know/are related to somebody. Overall good work/life balance and good people. Management leaves something to be desired.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2016
Good place to work. I really enjoy the small office team I am a part of and we are like a family. The employee family events are great and very important to me and my family.
Big trailers
Apprentice carpenter, full-time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
 Assist carpenters journeyman with general carpentry, form work, fit doors and windows
 Assist carpenters journeyman to build floor beams and sub flooring
 Measure and cut material, 2 x 4, plywood, rebar etc.. custom jobs
 Concrete pouring, using vibrator, shoveling, chipping concrete
 Erect and dismantle fence
 Exterior siding using forklift, man lift, scaffold
 Assist carpenters journeyman for framing and drywall work
 Fire caulking work
Pros
stretching before start working
Cons
surveyor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2016
Good place to work at, co-workers were great to work with and time off for appointments and such wasn't an issue. Would recommend PCL to other people.
ok
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2015
a typical day at work during the winter we provided heating and hoarding to keep the concrete warm And during the rest of the season I did anything and everything on a construction site that fit my scope of duties. like dewatering, snow removing, helping all the different trades with what ever issues they had on site. prep work for suspended slabs, building and erecting columns, building and stripping forms for footings and grade beams, flagging, cleaning, organizing materials, working around heavy equipment and overhead cranes, working at heights, assisting in surveying, general carpenter stuff like wood framing, marking grid lines and elevations, a quick summarization of what I did at that this job.

(sorry for the run on sentences I have always been bad for that)