Payless ShoeSource
1,261 reviews

Payless ShoeSource Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and satisfying. And as a team we mutually resolved problems that arose and we were able to achieve our goals.
Store Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: quarterly training on manager competency and rewards (under old management)
Cons: i did not like working on some cash registers as they were very slow.
It's fun and I had an excellent learning experience in Payless Shoesource. I like the way that the company gave me training on their products and procedures which helped me better serve the customer. I learnt how to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
A very warm work environment with fun-loving people,Happy selling shoes
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: quick career growth if sincere and hard working
Cons: too often promotion change
A typical day at work started with me signing in the system at the back office; checking the communications from the head office, sales performance of my associate and that day's target sales. Then I would give a round in the store to see how my merchandises are displayed and give a break to the associate.Take care of the sales floor till the associate is back. Then we used to do the next task to be completed;either filling or shipment or any management or training job. End of the store hours, closing the Point Of Sales and computer after calculation and locking the store.So i have pretty much learned all skills required in a retail environment. My co-workers were fun-loving and hard working,so it was never tiring being long hours in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers. Different people different personalities with different needs,and making most of them happy used to make me love this job more.
Productive and fun work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 4, 2015
Started by opening the store and serving customers politely and cashing them out. When it came time for new promotions it would require tagging every sale item and making sure everything was in its correct order and clean.
Unorganized
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Intellectually stagnant
Suitable for a short period of time
Unaccommodating for students
Expect you to be "Lifers"
Typical Minimum wage treatment
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oro Medonte OnFebruary 11, 2015
loved working here.
great people, sad that the company closed.

the hardest part of this job was going home at the end of the day. i made so many good friends here.
Good company and great managers.
Sales (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 8, 2015
It was a great little job for me while I was in Kelowna B.C for 8 months they were very flexible with me coming and leaving in such a short time. It was a good company and my managers we're very nice they even hired me at the other store in Kelowna so they could give me full time hours.
A typical work day at Payless Shoe Source
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: sales and cashier experience.
Cons: work environment was poor, lacked professionalism.
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with shoe inquires, fittings, etc. Taking out the trash, ensuring the store front was presentable (clean), re-stocking and re-vamping shoes.
store discounts
assistant store manager (Former Employee), welland ontarioJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: no room for advancement
Overseen all aspects required when manager was away and out of building. Coached staff and exceeded daily goals set fourth by the company
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Helping customers, putting away shoes, going to the bank, coworkers are a lot of fun.
Fun, easy going, intimate environment
Part time sales associate and Key holder (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnDecember 3, 2014
Pros: the family oriented work environment, slow pace for the most part, getting regular customers that i've built relationships with
Cons: the head manager is very unorganized and seems unexperienced working with customer service.
Payless is a family oriented environment where I deal with hyper kids who need to get their foot sized, finding the best fit for the individual child and making families aware of our sales. It is my duty to make sure that I greet every customer with a smile and to let them know our promotions. I have won leader of the month these last two months by exemplifying great customer service, bringing in the most amount of dollars and keeping the store neat and organized.
fast paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2014
Pros: relaxed
Cons: long work hours
review emails for daily sale items
tag sale items
receive and verify shipment
open shipment and bring to store and place in racks
assist customers in their needs
provide safe work environment for customers and staff
Nice retail environment to work
Customer Service Representative / Admin Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 28, 2014
- High business volume during weekend and holiday
- Dealing with the difficult customers
- Professional management
- Approachable and friendly team
Payless was a great place to work!
assisting the shoppers (Former Employee), WinnipegOctober 17, 2014
Working with customers in a very family orrientated store allowed myself as an employee an opportunity to develop skills selling product and determining needs with a variety of genders, ages, groups and children.
awful
manager (Current Employee), canadaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: discount on shoes
horrible in every aspect, worst experience in my life, stay away from this employer
Good Workplace
Part time sales associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 12, 2014
Payless is a nice place to work. The co-workers are great and always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of hours at the moment. With the back to school rush in full swing and low hours it can be difficult to find a balance between tasking and helping customers. Even though there are difficult customers, there are always customers who are happy and thankful for all the hard work Payless employees do. Its a rewarding job.
team building and productive, always aiming to get results
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: extra discounts
Cons: long hours
team work is very important, and dealing with different personalities, managment encouraged an "open door" policy, hardest part of the job was dealing with an unhappy customers, most enjoyable was seeing a satisfied customer
Best Team
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 28, 2014
We had a best team, i ever had worked. People were so friendly and caring.
Unprofessional work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Chinook center Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
The management team was run like the popular table in a high school, if they deemed you as unworthy you were treated as a lesser person.
Fun environment with the best associates.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: associates that were always willing to help out.
Cons: very little hours
A typical day at work could be described in two ways. Either it was a shipment day or a regular day, a shipment day would entail opening shipment and putting out on the sales floor then breaking down shipment boxes. A non shipment day would mean doing household chores such as fixing the racks or displays or reorganizing jewelry and handbag fixtures. However, whatever type of day it was we would always always have to focus on customers and sales. Customer satisfaction was always our number one priority. I worked at two different locations and both, luckily, had the most amazing associates. My coworkers were always kind and helpful. I absolutely adored them all. The hardest part of the job, as with any job I would assume, was definitely the hard headed customers. However, I quickly learned how to appease them while still being firm on our company policy. One thing Payless has taught me was to be very patient and quick on my feet to come up with solutions.
productive and good if you like to play stylist to clients
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off one shoe item per month
Cons: lack of hours
- fill holes with new merchandise
- vamp shoes for a nice presentation
- seeing new products

1 2 3 4 5

About Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource helps footwear enthusiasts worldwide shop like Imelda Marcos. One of the top shoe retailers in the world, Payless – Read more