Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Workplace
Part time sales associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 12, 2014
Payless is a nice place to work. The co-workers are great and always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of hours at the moment. With the back to school rush in full swing and low hours it can be difficult to find a balance between tasking and helping customers. Even though there are difficult customers, there – more... are always customers who are happy and thankful for all the hard work Payless employees do. Its a rewarding job. – less
team building and productive, always aiming to get results
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: extra discounts
Cons: long hours
team work is very important, and dealing with different personalities, managment encouraged an "open door" policy, hardest part of the job was dealing with an unhappy customers, most enjoyable was seeing a satisfied customer
Best Team
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 28, 2014
We had a best team, i ever had worked. People were so friendly and caring.
Unprofessional work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Chinook center Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
The management team was run like the popular table in a high school, if they deemed you as unworthy you were treated as a lesser person.
Fun environment with the best associates.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: associates that were always willing to help out.
Cons: very little hours
A typical day at work could be described in two ways. Either it was a shipment day or a regular day, a shipment day would entail opening shipment and putting out on the sales floor then breaking down shipment boxes. A non shipment day would mean doing household chores such as fixing the racks or displays or reorganizing jewelry and handbag fixtures. – more... However, whatever type of day it was we would always always have to focus on customers and sales. Customer satisfaction was always our number one priority. I worked at two different locations and both, luckily, had the most amazing associates. My coworkers were always kind and helpful. I absolutely adored them all. The hardest part of the job, as with any job I would assume, was definitely the hard headed customers. However, I quickly learned how to appease them while still being firm on our company policy. One thing Payless has taught me was to be very patient and quick on my feet to come up with solutions. – less
productive and good if you like to play stylist to clients
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off one shoe item per month
Cons: lack of hours
- fill holes with new merchandise
- vamp shoes for a nice presentation
- seeing new products
Great Co-Workers, Upper Management needs better planning skills
MULTI-STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), GTA, OntarioMay 7, 2014
Pros: great discount on shoes
Cons: many tasks without the hours to perform them
Great people to work with but no labour to perform the weekly price changes and other operation duties that needed to be performed. Worked alone for minimum 5 hours per shift before next person came in.

Constant changes to promotions then switching back to the original promo 3 weeks later a great waste of time.
Temporary work, gained valuable experience
Key Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kanata CentrumMay 6, 2014
Overall good company to work for if you are looking to build social skills as well as basic sales concepts
good company that is great at keeping things organized
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 2, 2014
selling, customer service, loss prevention, merchandising, training and coaching.
Learned better loss prevention procedures
enjoyed the staff and customers
fun place for part-time job
Keyholder (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: getting the latest trends on shoes
Cons: not enough hours
I loved working at Payless, I got to meet amazing new customers and provide my expertise in finding them exactly what they were looking for. Of course it is hard to please everyone, or finding merchandise that is either no longer in stock or has not been received by located store, however I took great pleasure in assisting customers and aiding them – more... find a similar product.

As a part-time job this was a perfect position. – less
Bad Work Environment
Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 22, 2014
This particular Payless was not a pleasant work environment.
Very hect and unorganized
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ONApril 21, 2014
Not enough hours for part timers, Also only full time staff get benefits. Not worth working there for minimum wage pay
co-operative team and Safe environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kingsgate MallApril 1, 2014
Pros: discounts
I had gained great experienced in working independently and and as a team. It is really a easy-going job and very co-operative management. We have perform ambitious work which helped me to do fast face jobs.
Not the best
Process Shipment in an orderly fashion (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABMarch 28, 2014
You can only get part time unless you're in management, head office has no idea what they are doing. All they do is send mix messages, and will save money where ever they can, which includes cutting employees' hours.
LOTS OF FUN
Sales associate (Former Employee), Oakville, OntFebruary 23, 2014
Payless shoe source was a great company, a typical day on the job is greeting customers, always helping them out. Try to up sale. my co workers ranged from different ages but we all got along really well.
it fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work
Great opportunity to gain customer skills!
great discount for employees to buy shoes
Lead key holder (Former Employee), St Thomas, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: non
Great face paced environment with great rewards. I learned to work well with others and to coordinate work schedules.
ups and downs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: the boss
the people I worked with were amazing, unlike my boss.
my co-workers and myself made sure that the work was balanced and equal at all times. we all got along and made sales on the norm.
Enjoyable
Retail, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brandon, MBJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: feeling like your being pulled in forty different directions
I like the job but unfortunately the manager and I didn't see eye to eye. I loved my co-worker for the most part but there was a lack of communication between the manager and the rest of us.
Exciting and Diverse workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: working as a team
Cons: shorter breaks
Customer service is a crucial part of the Payless family. We lean towards satifying the customer even after they leave the store. Our manager is a delight to work with, she is fun, has fresh and new ideas all the time, and makes sure that we are kept upto date with our documentation.

1 2 3 4 5

About Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource helps footwear enthusiasts worldwide shop like Imelda Marcos. One of the top shoe retailers in the world, Payless – Read more

Payless ShoeSource Photos