Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

rewarding place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  wilson and jane27 November 2017
Working at payless was an opportunity I am grateful to have had as it provided me the opportunity to learn and grow in the field of customer service and management.
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 November 2017
Always a pleasure working for this company. At times it gets stressful with not enough staff. Overall great people and great company. Would definitely recommend someone to apply for this job.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 November 2017
I fully enjoyed my employment at Payless shoes, the customers were amazing, the staff were like family and loved going into work each shift. Unfortunaly there was no full-time positions nor do they offer them.
Pros
Work environment and the customers
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2017
Would be a great 1st job! Very good training. Easy & SImple.
Great people, would recommend to students or anyone needing flexibility in their work life.
Pros
Good Discount & Flexible
Great Company to build a career
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2017
- Terrific company for development opportunities.
- Company will make the investment in top talent.
- Adequate pay
- Senior Leadership is very strong
Was just a job, not a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2017
Working here was alright for a starting job, hours were nice, they valued their employees and rewarded them when they saw you were doing good at your job. Overall if you show your management you want more from this job it can be a good a career. The most enjoyable part of the job was the SHOES.
Pros
Shoes
Cons
Part time hours
Not a good place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
Not a good environment to work in. Managers talk down to you like you're an animal. And the amount of work you do is not worth the pay and how management treats you. For people in Toronto I suggest not apply for the one in dufferin mall and cedabrae mall.
Great of work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2017
I learned customer service a lot, also it will help me building me problem-solving skill stronger which is the unique experience and gains my Canadian work experience as well.
not too good
Key holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 September 2017
I couldn't say what it is like to work there now. However, three years ago, the working experience there have been somewhat disappointing.

There were times when the hours that you have worked will be cut and they can get away with not paying you if you do not pay attention to your pay stub.

They required you stay extra hours without pay. The old district manager was also slightly creepy with female workers. You also have to expect creepy old men making creepy advances on you while working in this location.

Overall, it has not been great. I hope it got better.
Pros
had a great manager
Cons
not being paid for what you worked for
Great Team atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Great group of people to work with, lots of support when needed by peers, fun environment, great discounts and contests, fun styles for the whole family
Pros
The team atmosphere, great employee discounts
Cons
Heavy physical workload, long hours
Adaptable work enviroment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
Overall I'd say I quite enjoyed my couple years working with Payless. The workload is more than manageable, and scheduling is usually flexible. Just like any other workplace it definitely had its challenges.
Easy job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
NO security. Management is okay. Salary/wage is very low. a typical day at work consists of fixing shoes, doing shipment, garbage, sweeping floors, etc.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no security.
not suitable
Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 September 2017
Not sure who would be the best person for the job or who would want it but is not one I would recommend. The y are not very organized and have issues from the ground up.
Fun workplace and my coworkers are nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2017
co workers are nice and the workplace is a safe and fun environment. good place to work if you're just looking for a part time job and is currently studying
Good experiene
Sales Associate, exceled in customer service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 August 2017
An amazing workplace experience. Learned a lot of new things that would benefit me at any part time job position. Great workplace environment always uplifting and positive.
payless
Supervisor/temporary manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 August 2017
The store I worked at was in Bayers Lake which is now shut down. Unfortunately when I worked there the manager was stealing from the company and trying to cover it up. She was caught and fired and made working there difficult.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON15 August 2017
Working for Payless was exceptional however there is not much room for growth. A typical day is helping customers find what they're looking for and suggesting the correct accessory to compliment it. Encourages up selling but does not offer commission.
Review Of Payless
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 August 2017
Working at Payless was definitely a great first job for me and a great opportunity. I learned a lot in my time their that can benefit me in the future. It was my first experience of how to interact with customers and how to resolve issues. I will forever carry out that knowledge and apply it to all my future jobs.
Great work environment
SHOE FASHIONISTA & CASHIER (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 August 2017
Payless is a great place to work if you like interacting with customers. Hours are minimal and short 4 hr shifts but otherwise a great place to work. A typical day includes cash, and cross selling to the customer. Assisting the customer with shoes and feet measurements and putting out weekly shipment of inventory and price changes. Answering the telephone, processing sales and promoting sales events within the company.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Not enough hours
Major Drama and 30% off Over Priced Shoes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 July 2017
The drama that goes on there is ridiculous, customer service is terrible. Employees would rather talk about other employees and about how they hate the job rather than help customers. You always have to keep one eye open and watch your back, lots of drama BECAREFUL!!!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Hours not as promised and get cut often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.