Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews in Canada

great working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2016
Fast paced working environment with lots of tasking. I've learned to be a leader and to motivate my team. The management staff are amazing and are always there to provide assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to identify customers needs and providing assistance.
Payless shoe source
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2016
Over all work experience was terrible, worker and managers were rude and lazy. The store is completely disorganized and no well kept.
It's a great place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 1, 2016
● Organized shoe racks.
● Directed customers to the racks and suggested items.
● Multi-tasked to balance customer service and maintained the store.
● Always served customers with a smile.
Payless ShoeSource Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical work day consists of assisting customers, stocking shelves, and cleaning the sales floor.
I continue to learn different customer service skills and others, such as, managing store duties (opening and closing).
Management and my co-workers are friendly and always bring a positive attitude to the work environment.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to fully satisfy customers, when we are sold out of their sizes or fail to carry certain products. The most enjoyable part would being able to work with my co-workers and selling the product.
It was a productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 20, 2016
-A typical day at work would be ringing up sales.
-What I learned was how to organize merchandise by looking at their codes.
-I loved my coworkers they were very friendly and cooperative.
-The hardest part of the job was probably the heavy lifting.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work because I really loved the experience and the work atmosphere.
Pros
-Free lucnhes
Cons
-There were no cons
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 17, 2016
The team was great to work with, everyone helped each other out to reach goals. The associates are not given enough hours, and not enough team members get to work together to reach store goals and requirements to complete daily tasks.
Pros
30% off of shoes for team member
Cons
computer system slow, the system to return items is too long and complicated with customer purchases of multiple items
Fun and challenging
Practical Tasks/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 7, 2016
The company is competitive and it is great for those that are looking to be competitive, that was the hardest but most exciting part!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Co-workers not teaming up
fun to go to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 26, 2016
Stock was always prep and organized and ready to be put away, and the atmosphere was always relaxed but steady. The most enjoyable part was being able to organize the stock.
Lots of hours
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Good place to work if you like long shifts and heavy work loads.
Co-workers are friendly and nice make shifts more enjoyable.
Managers, do little to no work on the sales floor.
Ability to multitask is highly important as you will be constantly interrupted or taken away from your task by customers demanding your assistance.
Pros
Free snacks sometimes
Cons
Rude customers
Fast paced and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
A typical day started with me checking the entire store, making shure everything is where it should be, opening, cleaning, getting ready for the day, the environment was great, I loved all my co-workers, as a manager you have to balance paper work, stock, and give great customer service, The hardest part of the job was, only when stock was delayed, made it hard when we did not have what our customers wanted, I loved my coworkers and the stores music, it made you happy.
Pros
Great discounts
full time sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 9, 2016
Good place to work for a part-time position during school. Balanced great with school, work. Overall it was a fun place to work in.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long Hours
productive workplace
Customer service/Sales rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 4, 2016
Helping customers,making sales and doing returns
Learned excellent customer service skills,supervising by being a key sales, opening and closing the store.
productive
Cashier/keyholder (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 28, 2016
constant smiles and honesty is key to customers happiness,with happiness builds success.
a happy customer/client is a happy worker.
Pros
smile leader
Cons
wish i could of advanced fulltime
Overall fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2016
Working at Payless has been a wonderful experience for me. I learned what it was like to work retail and gained sales experience. My day would consist of communicating with customers with different needs and I would cater to their needs with the best of my ability. My co-workers were amazing, outgoing and very friendly with one another. We were able to exchange shifts when needed, and would send each other work schedules so we all knew our timings for the week. The most enjoyable part of job was getting together with managers after closing, to look at our sales of the day and being recognized for doing a great job after a long days shift. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were not able to find what they were looking for. Although, I would always do my best to find alternatives for them which resulted in a more positive outcome.
Pros
Friendly and outgoing coworkers
Cons
Shifts and hours were not consistent
organization, communication, challenging
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 21, 2016
A day at work includes running and organizing shipment, ensuring the store is at its best and of course we have enough product to sell on the floor. Also ensuring the store is kept clean and everything is where it belongs. Dealing with customers and helping them find what they need as quickly and efficiently as possible. I have learnt to be patient and how to deal with many different ages from children to the elderly that require extra attention. Also I have improved on my cash handling skills and multi-tasking. This is important because you could be helping up to multiple families, and 5 to 10 people at the same time as well finishing your daily duties. Management is great always on top of everything and understanding of the needs of their employees. The team I work with is amazing, they always are will to assist you when you are leading the store to obtain the days sales goals. The hardest part of the job is to ensure that everyone who comes leaves satisfied. Which sometimes may not be the case and that can be challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone leaves satisfied with your customer service skills and returns to purchase more product.
Pros
friendly staff, understanding
Cons
People leaving angry when you've tried your best the help them
Fun and productive work place
Multi Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Coring ware was a great learning experience, I was able to grow with this company from An associates position to store manager in a short period of time.
Lax Work Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMarch 13, 2016
For most non-seasonal days the store will get less customers as per most retail stores and it does get busy during seasonal times such as back to school and Christmas.
Amazing workplace with great co-workers!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NLFebruary 28, 2016
A typical day at Payless consists of vamping - which is making sure the stock that people buy is in the right place, looking neat and tidy - cleaning, dusting, customer service, using communication skills, using the cash, making calls to customers or answering the phone, and basically having fun. I've never had a job that was more enjoyable than Payless.

I learned how things work in a huge chain store such as this one, where shipments don't always come in even though you need them, and sometimes when you get them, it isn't what the store needs. I learned that there are different words for the same jobs in different companies - for example, vamping is called zoning in Walmart. And I also learned that co-workers are everything when it comes to having an enjoyable work place.

Management was amazing here, and you could get no better. They made sure everything was suitable for you as well as the store, and always took into consideration any obstacles that you needed to overcome.

Co-workers were the absolute best. Like I said above, they are everything when it comes to an enjoyable work place. Being able to connect and become friends with your co-workers is a great feeling.

The hardest part of the job is probably not being able to find what a customer wants. You feel disappointed in yourself because you weren't able to complete your job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the sale and getting the points up for the store, but also knowing you did your job extremely well.
Pros
Discounts, Co-workers, Small workplace
Cons
Lack of hours
place where you can grow
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 18, 2016
meet new people and can network yourself, organized and well to communicate with each other. there is alot of chances to grow and they help their staff to accomplish that
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughFebruary 10, 2016
typical work day with meeting sales and other company goals.
I enhanced my customer service skills extensively. I loved meeting new people, helping everyone with their desired purchase