Payless ShoeSource
1,408 reviews

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
co- workers are fun and the customer are great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee every once and a while
Cons: management is bias
working for payless wasn't that bad! my co- workers were funny and the customers were always nice to me! while i was there, i kept on top of everything given to me, but still my boss wouldn't promote me even though i had the highest sales and was the most improved!
I really enjoyed working at Payless
sales executive (Former Employee), surrey bcJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work would look something like this:
1) vamping shoes
2) cleaning and tagging
3) taking out the garbage
4) breaking down the shipment on Mondays and Wednesdays
5) Mopping the back room
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, B.CJune 10, 2015
A nice place to work especially if your a lover of shoes. Salary is low i would say but the environment is a ok. It is a good jb to have if looking for a job to support school or other small bills.
productive and organized environment
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee), torontoMay 25, 2015
good team and strong communication lead to successful sales every day and working together to reach goals set by management.
Opportunity to advance, great benifits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), OrangevilleMay 20, 2015
Pros: Incentive Program - Great Benefits
Cons: Long Hours, Always Short Staffed
Typical day would include - opening store, cash count, greeting customers, explaining promos, working through new hire work books, training, inventory scanning, product placement, shelf displays, talking about promotions with customers, assisting with sizing for children and adults.
I learned many different customer services skills, organization skills, and training methods for new and existing staff.
Management was always able to help you move up in the company and encouraged staff to apply for opening positions.
Co-workers were hard working and motivated.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with demand for new products and keeping up with busy months when short staffed.
Most enjoyable was the customer interaction as well as the close friendships developed between staff.
Working at Payless
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: The employes are very friends and helpful
Cons: The management is stressful
It is great to work in an enviornment that is understanding and co-workers are very helpful when you first start working but the hours are limited and management is very stressful.
A great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches occasionally
Cons: Lack of hours
A typical day at work consists of engaging with customers, finding desired shoes, measuring kid's feet, and ensuring the showcases for shoes displays were organized. The management was overall great, however there was a lack of employee training. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as they were very helpful and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was the clean up procedure after each shift was completed. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers and being able to help someone.
good pay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: slow-paced environment
The hours given are not much.
The starting pay is good.
The benefits are also good.
However, the workplace is not as good.
Productive work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Pickering, ONApril 8, 2015
It is a great place to start working, the team I worked with is like a family and very supportive. I learned a lot about customer service and lots of other skills.
fun work
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), edmonton , ABApril 1, 2015
Its good team work job
I learned lot about customer experience
I love to come on work everyday
Mangement is so good work as a team
New company to Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: long hours
It was one of the first store to open in Canada. This was an eye opening experience when I first started.
Learning how to set up new stores was new for me.
Being taught how to set the shoes up on the racks was interesting
Fun and satisfying. And as a team we mutually resolved problems that arose and we were able to achieve our goals.
Store Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: quarterly training on manager competency and rewards (under old management)
Cons: i did not like working on some cash registers as they were very slow.
It's fun and I had an excellent learning experience in Payless Shoesource. I like the way that the company gave me training on their products and procedures which helped me better serve the customer. I learnt how to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
A very warm work environment with fun-loving people,Happy selling shoes
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: quick career growth if sincere and hard working
Cons: too often promotion change
A typical day at work started with me signing in the system at the back office; checking the communications from the head office, sales performance of my associate and that day's target sales. Then I would give a round in the store to see how my merchandises are displayed and give a break to the associate.Take care of the sales floor till the associate is back. Then we used to do the next task to be completed;either filling or shipment or any management or training job. End of the store hours, closing the Point Of Sales and computer after calculation and locking the store.So i have pretty much learned all skills required in a retail environment. My co-workers were fun-loving and hard working,so it was never tiring being long hours in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers. Different people different personalities with different needs,and making most of them happy used to make me love this job more.
Productive and fun work environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 4, 2015
Started by opening the store and serving customers politely and cashing them out. When it came time for new promotions it would require tagging every sale item and making sure everything was in its correct order and clean.
Unorganized
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Intellectually stagnant
Suitable for a short period of time
Unaccommodating for students
Expect you to be "Lifers"
Typical Minimum wage treatment
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oro Medonte OnFebruary 11, 2015
loved working here.
great people, sad that the company closed.

the hardest part of this job was going home at the end of the day. i made so many good friends here.
Good company and great managers.
Sales (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 8, 2015
It was a great little job for me while I was in Kelowna B.C for 8 months they were very flexible with me coming and leaving in such a short time. It was a good company and my managers we're very nice they even hired me at the other store in Kelowna so they could give me full time hours.
A typical work day at Payless Shoe Source
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: sales and cashier experience.
Cons: work environment was poor, lacked professionalism.
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with shoe inquires, fittings, etc. Taking out the trash, ensuring the store front was presentable (clean), re-stocking and re-vamping shoes.
store discounts
assistant store manager (Former Employee), welland ontarioJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: no room for advancement
Overseen all aspects required when manager was away and out of building. Coached staff and exceeded daily goals set fourth by the company
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Helping customers, putting away shoes, going to the bank, coworkers are a lot of fun.

1 2 3 4 5

About Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource helps footwear enthusiasts worldwide shop like Imelda Marcos. One of the top shoe retailers in the world, Payless – Read more