Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Fun and upbeat workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BCJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be cleaning the store, welcoming customers, cleaning and tagging shoes, tidying displays, organizing displays, putting up displays, and pairing shoes together. I learned valuable organization skills, time management skills, and the importance of reliability. The management was very accommodating and did an excellent job at working around my school life. My coworkers were very helpful while I was working there. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands, standing on my feet for 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on a customers face when I was able to help them find the shoe they were looking for, quickly and efficiently.
Pros
I aquired volunteer hours
Cons
No benefits
Opportunity to advance, great benifits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OrangevilleMay 20, 2015
Typical day would include - opening store, cash count, greeting customers, explaining promos, working through new hire work books, training, inventory scanning, product placement, shelf displays, talking about promotions with customers, assisting with sizing for children and adults.
I learned many different customer services skills, organization skills, and training methods for new and existing staff.
Management was always able to help you move up in the company and encouraged staff to apply for opening positions.
Co-workers were hard working and motivated.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with demand for new products and keeping up with busy months when short staffed.
Most enjoyable was the customer interaction as well as the close friendships developed between staff.
Pros
Incentive Program - Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Always Short Staffed
Required some travel and the wage did not compensate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABDecember 10, 2015
The manager at the store was good but I was required to work at some stores that were quite a distance and there was no compensation for the travel
Payless ShoeSource Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical work day consists of assisting customers, stocking shelves, and cleaning the sales floor.
I continue to learn different customer service skills and others, such as, managing store duties (opening and closing).
Management and my co-workers are friendly and always bring a positive attitude to the work environment.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to fully satisfy customers, when we are sold out of their sizes or fail to carry certain products. The most enjoyable part would being able to work with my co-workers and selling the product.
Overall fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2016
Working at Payless has been a wonderful experience for me. I learned what it was like to work retail and gained sales experience. My day would consist of communicating with customers with different needs and I would cater to their needs with the best of my ability. My co-workers were amazing, outgoing and very friendly with one another. We were able to exchange shifts when needed, and would send each other work schedules so we all knew our timings for the week. The most enjoyable part of job was getting together with managers after closing, to look at our sales of the day and being recognized for doing a great job after a long days shift. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were not able to find what they were looking for. Although, I would always do my best to find alternatives for them which resulted in a more positive outcome.
Pros
Friendly and outgoing coworkers
Cons
Shifts and hours were not consistent
It was a productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 20, 2016
-A typical day at work would be ringing up sales.
-What I learned was how to organize merchandise by looking at their codes.
-I loved my coworkers they were very friendly and cooperative.
-The hardest part of the job was probably the heavy lifting.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work because I really loved the experience and the work atmosphere.
Pros
-Free lucnhes
Cons
-There were no cons
Great co-workers, balanced work with fun.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2016
I opened and closed the store, dealt with customer complaints. handled sales and stock. hardest part was meeting manager requests when dealing with customers who wanted to be left alone. Loved co-workers. I am constantly learning and growing when it comes to skills acquired by jobs.
Pros
loved my job
Cons
tough expectations.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 17, 2016
The team was great to work with, everyone helped each other out to reach goals. The associates are not given enough hours, and not enough team members get to work together to reach store goals and requirements to complete daily tasks.
Pros
30% off of shoes for team member
Cons
computer system slow, the system to return items is too long and complicated with customer purchases of multiple items
great working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2016
Fast paced working environment with lots of tasking. I've learned to be a leader and to motivate my team. The management staff are amazing and are always there to provide assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to identify customers needs and providing assistance.
Fast paced and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
A typical day started with me checking the entire store, making shure everything is where it should be, opening, cleaning, getting ready for the day, the environment was great, I loved all my co-workers, as a manager you have to balance paper work, stock, and give great customer service, The hardest part of the job was, only when stock was delayed, made it hard when we did not have what our customers wanted, I loved my coworkers and the stores music, it made you happy.
Pros
Great discounts
organization, communication, challenging
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 21, 2016
A day at work includes running and organizing shipment, ensuring the store is at its best and of course we have enough product to sell on the floor. Also ensuring the store is kept clean and everything is where it belongs. Dealing with customers and helping them find what they need as quickly and efficiently as possible. I have learnt to be patient and how to deal with many different ages from children to the elderly that require extra attention. Also I have improved on my cash handling skills and multi-tasking. This is important because you could be helping up to multiple families, and 5 to 10 people at the same time as well finishing your daily duties. Management is great always on top of everything and understanding of the needs of their employees. The team I work with is amazing, they always are will to assist you when you are leading the store to obtain the days sales goals. The hardest part of the job is to ensure that everyone who comes leaves satisfied. Which sometimes may not be the case and that can be challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone leaves satisfied with your customer service skills and returns to purchase more product.
Pros
friendly staff, understanding
Cons
People leaving angry when you've tried your best the help them
Lots of hours
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Good place to work if you like long shifts and heavy work loads.
Co-workers are friendly and nice make shifts more enjoyable.
Managers, do little to no work on the sales floor.
Ability to multitask is highly important as you will be constantly interrupted or taken away from your task by customers demanding your assistance.
Pros
Free snacks sometimes
Cons
Rude customers
Had nice experience, learned a lot at my first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 9, 2016
it was a great place to work with nice management. Colleagues were really helpful. it wasn't really hard job. i enjoyed my time and most awesome part was dealing with customers.
It's a great place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 1, 2016
● Organized shoe racks.
● Directed customers to the racks and suggested items.
● Multi-tasked to balance customer service and maintained the store.
● Always served customers with a smile.
Fun and challenging
Practical Tasks/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 7, 2016
The company is competitive and it is great for those that are looking to be competitive, that was the hardest but most exciting part!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Co-workers not teaming up
Payless shoe source
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2016
Over all work experience was terrible, worker and managers were rude and lazy. The store is completely disorganized and no well kept.
fun to go to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 26, 2016
Stock was always prep and organized and ready to be put away, and the atmosphere was always relaxed but steady. The most enjoyable part was being able to organize the stock.
Great place to work, no advancement opportunities
Sales Associate/Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 19, 2016
A lot of Payless stores were letting go many employees, I looked for another career as this was happening. It was a great place to work, met lots of people enjoyed sales, was good at it, loved the marketing aspect. Unfortunate the pay would never increase.
opened store, did schedules, stock, conference calls, delegated , traveled for meetings, making sure we make target
Assistant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSNovember 8, 2015
I loved working at Payless. I had a great team and we all worked well together. Our team was based on a customer based experience. Management was supportive in a way that a family is , its our home away from home, My job taught me how to manage and multitask, but always making sure the customer comes first and leaves happy. If they leave happy then they will come back thats how you keep a company going strong. Sadly I had to move and give up my position.
Pros
The experience, and travel for conferences, hotel, meals, gas
Cons
I loved my job
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2016
I love working there as the team is filled with great people and we work well together. I want to stay there but I went to school so I could find a career and there for this is why I will be leaving here only when I have a career.