Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2016
I love working there as the team is filled with great people and we work well together. I want to stay there but I went to school so I could find a career and there for this is why I will be leaving here only when I have a career.
very relax, reliable and comfortable environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 20, 2016
i have enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone. at this job i have learned that being in a team and working as a part of the team doesnt only help generate revenue for the company, but it teaches you life skills you can use outside of the job
Great place to work, no advancement opportunities
Sales Associate/Key Carrier (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 19, 2016
A lot of Payless stores were letting go many employees, I looked for another career as this was happening. It was a great place to work, met lots of people enjoyed sales, was good at it, loved the marketing aspect. Unfortunate the pay would never increase.
Fun and upbeat workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Guildford, BCJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: I aquired volunteer hours
Cons: No benefits
A typical day at work would be cleaning the store, welcoming customers, cleaning and tagging shoes, tidying displays, organizing displays, putting up displays, and pairing shoes together. I learned valuable organization skills, time management skills, and the importance of reliability. The management was very accommodating and did an excellent job at working around my school life. My coworkers were very helpful while I was working there. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands, standing on my feet for 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on a customers face when I was able to help them find the shoe they were looking for, quickly and efficiently.
sucks
Area Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Not enough growth management don't care about managers and less support from head office don't work here no pay rise

other shoe company will treat you better i don't recommend
Great learning environment for customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: less pay
- Learned about processing payments, selling, stocking, and customer service.
- Most of the co-workers were students who worked part-time
- Hardest part was dealing with returns and exchanges
- Enjoyable part was dealing with different customers
A great place to earn and learn.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 11, 2015
Good place to start your life in canada.
Coworkers and store managers are of great support.
I enjoy working at the store.
Fun Environment
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONDecember 10, 2015
Good place to work. Easy going, good co-workers. The hours were kind of crazy, as there was not a set schedule it as different all the time.
Required some travel and the wage did not compensate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABDecember 10, 2015
The manager at the store was good but I was required to work at some stores that were quite a distance and there was no compensation for the travel
confined space, multiple tasks that needed to be done, friendly staff
salesperson (Former Employee), 785, Milner Avenue, Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
It was a good introduction to the workforce and my first job. I learned fast, and it had mostly slow days, there was always something to do, and I wouldn't have to work hard to find a duty on the job.
Good place for part-time job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 26, 2015
Typical day would be a easy day, just provide great customer service and make a good sales for the company. Gained great customer service experience. Balance between customer service and task is the hardest part of this job. Helping customer to find the right product and guide them accordingly is the most enjoyable part.
Great Job, Terrible Hours
Cashier and Retail (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Familiarity
Cons: Not enough hours
I love my job and everything it entails, except for the security for my job, my hours fluctuate from 3 hours a week to 20 hours a week.
opened store, did schedules, stock, conference calls, delegated , traveled for meetings, making sure we make target
Assistant Mgr (Former Employee), Sydney, NSNovember 8, 2015
Pros: The experience, and travel for conferences, hotel, meals, gas
Cons: I loved my job
I loved working at Payless. I had a great team and we all worked well together. Our team was based on a customer based experience. Management was supportive in a way that a family is , its our home away from home, My job taught me how to manage and multitask, but always making sure the customer comes first and leaves happy. If they leave happy then they will come back thats how you keep a company going strong. Sadly I had to move and give up my position.
Never a dull moment
Multi-Store Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 2, 2015
There is never a moment where you will have nothing to do. There is always a lot of tasks being dropped down to store level from corporate on top of the general maintenance of the store. There is a good variety of products for women and kids, there is a selection for men however it is much smaller. As a manager I find it hard to complete all tasks that are assigned on a weekly basis due to the lack of support from corporate in terms of staffing hours for the pt associates.
productive, fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bedford, NSOctober 13, 2015
Pros: easy to work with, fun to be around
Cons: not flexible with shifts/days off
Productive, fun place to work, amazing costumers, great people to work with. fast pace, always upbeat.
not all about the numbers, makes getting to the numbers fun.
Retail Experience with Desire for Hard-Working Individuals
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Not Enough Payroll
Having worked there for 2 years there is a sense of accomplishment after completing a task or making a sale that just makes the shift. It isn't truly complex work but you have to have a dedication to the product, brand, or customer service experience and be able to follow instruction. A truly enjoyable shift at Payless ShoeSource is when there is that sense of accomplishment where the time was lacking stress, but instead promoting motivation.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Amzing co-workers
A typical day at work would consist of many things to accomplish for the day. Keeping busy with customers and daily tasks,
Great place to work if...
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Cheap shoes
Cons: Not much effort from management
Payless is a great place to work if you have managers that actually want to work. I've been an employer here for just under two years and I must say that the appreciation i get from the customers are great, however if I got the same appreciation from my management team, I'd never leave. This place has taught me some teamwork skills that I will cherish. Some good, some bad, but in the end that is life! I'd say the hardest part of the job would be getting motivation from the management to actually love what you do, rather than just pushing you to get things done. The most enjoyable part about Payless is my co-workers and learning from them.
Good friendly enviorment
Help and assist customers (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: 30% off merchandise on top of sales prices
Cons: 3 hour work day $11 an hour
I love meeting and talking to new people which is what you are going to do at Payless. The environment is amazing and fun. The staff are great however the pay is ok. You are for sure going to need another job on top but Payless is great.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: cheaper shoes and accessories
Cons: Quality of shoes do not last
It was fun to build up displays in the window and use our creativity.
Great store and fun customers to help and find deals they are looking for.
Industry