Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Very good experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
- A typical day at work would be helping out customers when they needed it.
I learned how to become more interactive with people when I worked at Payless.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
Grumpy constumers
Very unsafe workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
After working for this company in various roles in many different stores I would tell perspective employees to look elsewhere for work. After half of our store was forced to relinquish our fulltime position or be fired, we were then treated as though we were useless, worthless and easily replaceable. Even though all of us at this particular location were very long standing staff members, it appears that higher management would much rather train new-comers than keep and advance "senior" employees.
Threats made towards employees or an assault situation are not taken seriously by head office. Most of the days are spent alone in a free-standing store[meaning not in mall] and at one point (in an effort to cut hours even more) district managers suggested closing the stores with 1 employee. If our manager had been stupid enough to impliment this it would have left us alone and defenceless openly handling cash after sundown. Employee safety and security is of VERY low importance!
Pros
employee discount
Cons
UNSAFE work environment
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2016
a good job for anyone trying to get a good retail experience helped build customer service skills and a fun environment with room for you too grow also good discounts
Good environment...lots of work!
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 October 2016
This job is definitely for someone who enjoys organization, as someone who does enjoy this it works well for me. However, there are certain aspects that I do not enjoy. You must be able to lift heavy boxes, as well as be able to use a ladder everyday and lift boxes of shoes over your head and onto the top racks. This can become challenging and sometimes they do fall, so patience is key as well. Although I do enjoy the atmosphere because everyone is like one big family and we tend to get along very well, the job itself is not one of my favourites. Would definitely recommend it to someone who, once again, is VERY organized and enjoys constantly picking up garbage after customers, as well as making sure the store is constantly clean.
Pros
the people
Cons
goes by slow
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 October 2016
Great coworkers, fun environment. The only downside about the job is that the positions that the company offers are mostly small. There were not many hours available per week at the location i worked at.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
Short hours
Fun Work Place
Key Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 September 2016
Great place to work! Learned a lot about retain from working there. Co workers were amazing management for the most part were great! My group leader was understanding and hard working
Pros
Paless rewards
Cons
My manager was bad
Great co-workers, balanced work with fun.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
I opened and closed the store, dealt with customer complaints. handled sales and stock. hardest part was meeting manager requests when dealing with customers who wanted to be left alone. Loved co-workers. I am constantly learning and growing when it comes to skills acquired by jobs.
Pros
loved my job
Cons
tough expectations.
Had nice experience, learned a lot at my first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2016
it was a great place to work with nice management. Colleagues were really helpful. it wasn't really hard job. i enjoyed my time and most awesome part was dealing with customers.
great working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
Fast paced working environment with lots of tasking. I've learned to be a leader and to motivate my team. The management staff are amazing and are always there to provide assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to identify customers needs and providing assistance.
Payless shoe source
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 July 2016
Over all work experience was terrible, worker and managers were rude and lazy. The store is completely disorganized and no well kept.
It's a great place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 July 2016
● Organized shoe racks.
● Directed customers to the racks and suggested items.
● Multi-tasked to balance customer service and maintained the store.
● Always served customers with a smile.
Payless ShoeSource Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 June 2016
A typical work day consists of assisting customers, stocking shelves, and cleaning the sales floor.
I continue to learn different customer service skills and others, such as, managing store duties (opening and closing).
Management and my co-workers are friendly and always bring a positive attitude to the work environment.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to fully satisfy customers, when we are sold out of their sizes or fail to carry certain products. The most enjoyable part would being able to work with my co-workers and selling the product.
It was a productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2016
-A typical day at work would be ringing up sales.
-What I learned was how to organize merchandise by looking at their codes.
-I loved my coworkers they were very friendly and cooperative.
-The hardest part of the job was probably the heavy lifting.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work because I really loved the experience and the work atmosphere.
Pros
-Free lucnhes
Cons
-There were no cons
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 June 2016
The team was great to work with, everyone helped each other out to reach goals. The associates are not given enough hours, and not enough team members get to work together to reach store goals and requirements to complete daily tasks.
Pros
30% off of shoes for team member
Cons
computer system slow, the system to return items is too long and complicated with customer purchases of multiple items
Fun and challenging
Practical Tasks/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 June 2016
The company is competitive and it is great for those that are looking to be competitive, that was the hardest but most exciting part!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Co-workers not teaming up
fun to go to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON26 May 2016
Stock was always prep and organized and ready to be put away, and the atmosphere was always relaxed but steady. The most enjoyable part was being able to organize the stock.
Lots of hours
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 April 2016
Good place to work if you like long shifts and heavy work loads.
Co-workers are friendly and nice make shifts more enjoyable.
Managers, do little to no work on the sales floor.
Ability to multitask is highly important as you will be constantly interrupted or taken away from your task by customers demanding your assistance.
Pros
Free snacks sometimes
Cons
Rude customers
Fast paced and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
A typical day started with me checking the entire store, making shure everything is where it should be, opening, cleaning, getting ready for the day, the environment was great, I loved all my co-workers, as a manager you have to balance paper work, stock, and give great customer service, The hardest part of the job was, only when stock was delayed, made it hard when we did not have what our customers wanted, I loved my coworkers and the stores music, it made you happy.
Pros
Great discounts
full time sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2016
Good place to work for a part-time position during school. Balanced great with school, work. Overall it was a fun place to work in.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Long Hours
productive workplace
Customer service/Sales rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2016
Helping customers,making sales and doing returns
Learned excellent customer service skills,supervising by being a key sales, opening and closing the store.