My valued client is the Canadian office of a privately held worldwide organization (headquartered in Germany). The Company specializes in the manufacturing, sale, service and support of vacuum and other high-end packaging machinery for various industries across Canada, the USA and internationally.
Due to ongoing company growth, this exciting new position has become available. The ideal candidate will be a valued Consultant to the Senior Management Team and a business partner to the Department Heads. He or she will originate, execute and lead HR practices and objectives for the Company with the goal to drive and maintain a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, work quality, efficient productivity, goal attainment with a strong focus on the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior and loyal team of employees.
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Start Date: January 2014
Reports to: President
As Sr. H.R. Generalist, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing & executing annual HR Plan;
- Ensuring HR Policy, procedure & program compliance;
- Recruitment (liaising with external recruitment agency when required)
- Structure & Role Reviews;
- Performance Management;
- Culture/Employee Engagement - managing/launching employee engagement surveys & developing an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes productivity, fun, high performance, quality and continuous improvement ;
- Managing the day to day operations of the Company’s HR functions;
- Adherence to all Provincial & Federal Employment Laws & regulations;
- Developing the HR department;
- Organizational design, succession plans and development;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Structure and composition of Company-wide committees;
- Employee communication;
- Compensation & Benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
- Employee services and counselling;
- Managing the annual HR budget.
As Sr. H.R. Generalist, you have:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources Management (CHRP designation preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years’ direct work experience in a HR Generalist role within a small, corporate HR environment – preferably with at least two (2) of those years in a manufacturing industry ;
- Proven, hands on experience in the areas of Recruitment, Compensation & Benefits, Training & Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Corporate Communications;
- A high proficiency in HRIS software and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- A high degree of business acumen, client service and professional confidentiality;
- Certification (or willing to obtain) in Part 1 Joint Health & Safety Committee a definite asset;
- An ongoing practice of maintaining up to date knowledge of all relevant HR industry trends and laws;
- An excellent comprehension and knowledge of all relevant employment laws (Provincial and Federal);
- An excellent command of the English language with effective written/verbal communication and presentation skills (fully fluent in French or German as a second language – written and verbal – would be a definite asset);
- A passion for people and the proven ability to build and develop strong working relationships, internal and external, with the organization through a consistent approach of integrity and trust;
- Strong intrinsic motivation, accountability, a self-starter attitude and the ability to work independently;
- Solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to establish priorities, set and meet clear deliverables and multi-task under tight timelines and within a fast-paced and ever changing environment;
- The ability to be a creative thinker who can bring innovation to projects and efficiencies to processes;
- A passion for hard work, high standards and proven results;
- An understanding and acceptance of unpredictable hours and the need for collaboration, as needed, during key deliverables/timelines;
- A great sense of humour, the ability to change directions at any time and an inquisitive work ethic that digs deeper to find answers and solve problems as they arise;
- The ability and flexibility to be able to travel, as required, for Company projects;
- A mature, professional, collaborative and respectful attitude and approach with all members and levels of the organization as well as with clients, suppliers and guests.
President; Chief Financial Officer; Vice-President, Sales; Colleagues/Peers in both Canada & Germany, Clients; external suppliers/vendors, government agencies, industry associations.
None but will have direct reports as department grows.
Minimal, as required only. International trip may be required per year.
Competitive base salary with annual performance review. Excellent career growth opportunity.
Health and dental (effective after 90 days of completed full-time employment)
Three (3) weeks’ paid vacation after one (1) year of completed full-time employment, plus all mandatory annual provincial and federal statutory holidays. Annual vacation in year one is pro-rated based on start date.
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please send your resume (in Microsoft Word format) along with your base salary expectations and a brief summary of why you feel you are best suited for the role to the address listed.
Deadline for applications: Friday, December 20, 2013
Please be advised that all applications will be reviewed equally against the specific requirements of the position based solely on candidate experience and qualifications. Our client is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the individual and collective growth of its employees and a commitment to diversity in the workplace.
Your interest in this career opportunity is greatly appreciated. Please note that only those applicants selected for a phone interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Thank you.