Pawsitively Pets – Toronto, ON
Want to be a part of a great team and work with animals every day?
Pawsitively Pets is a one-of-a-kind hands-on animal program that provides seniors, adults and children with the opportunity to interact hands-on with a variety of different animals in an engaging, educational environment. Our staff are animal experts and share their love and knowledge through our unique programs. Pawsitively Pets also offers pet sitting services for a variety of animals at our location or in the pets home. Our organization is growing and is offering meaningful opportunities for individuals with strong presentation and animal skills. We welcome resumes from enthusiastic, motivated team players who wish to work for a cause they believe in -- a cause that is committed to educating people on animals, responsible pet ownership and caring for animals.
The role at Pawsitively Pets is unique in that we are looking for an individual who has a love of animals and would be comfortable working with a variety of pocket pets, reptiles and birds. (Training will be provided to ensure you are well educated on the education facts we share during animal presentations.) Our ideal candidate will be available on a part-time basis and must be available at least 3 weekends every month. We are happy to work around other part-time work schedules and school schedules.
If you are applying for this position you must have a love for animals and children, have strong communication and presentation skills, feel confident presenting to a group, and hold a valid drivers license and have access to a car. (Some of our programs are at our location, others are off-site.)
You will be expected to:
- Learn all aspects of our hands-on animal programming topics. Available to work at least 3 weekends each month if not more. This could include both Saturday/Sunday, or just one of these days depending on our scheduling.
- Have your own transportation (you will need a car to transport animals to parties and events,)and valid drivers license.
- Participate in all aspects of animal care duties when scheduled, this includes cage cleaning, feeding and general health checks on all our animals.
- Work with children and provide engaging programming
- Present to large groups in a confident manner
You can expect to:
- To join a fun team who loves animals
- Competitve pay ($15 per hour) with the opportunity for benefits
The Ideal Candidate:
- Outgoing personality
- Currently in a post-secondary program that focuses on children or animals - or have completed a program of this nature
- Available to work out of our Central Toronto location - 202 Parkhurst Blvd. (mid-town Toronto)
- Bilingual French/English is an asset but not required
We will be accepting resumes until August 1 and contact candidates of interest only.