JUNIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST
Pavilion Advisory Group Ltd., a wholly‐owned subsidiary of Pavilion Financial Corporation, is a full‐service investment consulting and advisory firm, assisting clients with the end‐to‐end management of their investment programs including investment policy development, asset allocation strategy, investment manager structure, selection and monitoring. In addition, Pavilion delivers discretionary implemented consulting and portfolio management for institutional and high‐net‐worth investors.
Pavilion is looking for Junior Investment Analyst for its Investment Management team in Winnipeg. The candidate will provide support to both the high net worth channel as well as the overall Investment Management group.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring client portfolios on an ongoing basis to ensure their adherence to assigned mandates.
- Preparing trade recommendations for portfolio rebalancing, deposits, withdrawals, and mandate changes.
- Executing mutual fund, equity, and foreign exchange trades.
- Preparing and validating pre- and post-trade allocations and resolving trade settlement issues.
- Performing cash management.
- Reviewing corporate actions and presenting recommendations on the course of action.
- Assisting in research efforts and strategy development.
- Generating reports on an ad hoc and periodic basis.
- Completion of a B.Comm. or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Completion of Level 1 of the CFA program, or the Canadian Securities Course would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to investigate and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Self-initiative, motivation, and ability to improve operations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver a consistently high level of service and performance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and often stressful environment.
- Keen interest in investment management, and capital markets.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools particularly MS Excel.
- Fluent French would be an asset.
Pavilion Advisory Group Ltd. offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested applicants should forward their resume no later than February 28, 2014.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.