Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist
About the Job
Job Title: Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist
Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Location: This position is based out of the Patterson Canada Technology Centre in Calgary Alberta.
Lines of Business: Dental Practice Management Software, Digital Imaging Equipment and Computing Infrastructure
Proposed Start Date: asap
Patterson Dental Canada – Technology Centre: http://pattersondental.ca/doc-en/techcenter.htm
Patterson Dental Canada is looking for a career minded individual to fill the position of Inside Technology Instructor at our Technology Centre in Calgary, Alberta. As a qualified candidate you will be welcomed to join us supporting our branch operations and customers across the country.
The Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist focuses on the creation and delivery of customer training; product development; customer conversion process; and assistance to the Support Team. Communicates effectively in person and over the phone and is passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience.
The Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist will receive exposure in the following areas:
- Deliver web based training over the phone to Patterson customers.
- Drive the update and creation of new web based customer training.
- Act as a secondary resource for national trainers as the need arises.
- Liaise with the Patterson product development team: product testing; bug reporting; product enhancement requests; product documentation; etc.
- Assist in various aspects of the conversion process of offices transitioning to Eaglesoft or Patterson Imaging.
- Take on an active role on the support team troubleshooting Patterson’s suite of office management software, digital imaging equipment, hardware, data backups and database connectivity.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
The Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist will come into contact with various groups which include:
- Administration staff and operational teams;
- Vendor Partners;
- Office managers, dentists and related teams within the dental environment.
- This role is based out of the Patterson Canada Technology Centre in Calgary, with some travel required.
- Comfortable dealing with the technical aspects of our practice management software suite.
- Flexible in working on or offsite from Mon – Fri between the hours of 6:00am - 6:00pm MST.
- Willing to travel to customer sites as required and attends trade shows.
- Additional duties as required to support the business or team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working in a dental office in an administrative and clinical role.
- Post-Secondary education in the dental field.
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written English skills and be able to communicate clearly with clients by phone, in person and in writing.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
Compensation for this role will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience, health benefits, pension plan and free parking.