Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist
About the Job
Job Title: Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist
Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Location: This position is based out of the Patterson Canada Technology Centre in Calgary Alberta.
Lines of Business: Dental Practice Management Software, Digital Imaging Equipment and Computing Infrastructure
Proposed Start Date: asap
Patterson Dental Canada – Technology Centre: http://pattersondental.ca/doc-en/techcenter.htm
Patterson Dental Canada is looking for a career minded individual to fill the position of Inside Technology Instructor at our Technology Centre in Calgary, Alberta. As a qualified candidate you will be welcomed to join us supporting our branch operations and customers across the country.
The Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist focuses on the creation and delivery of customer training; product development; customer conversion process; and assistance to the Support Team. Communicates effectively in person and over the phone and is passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience.
The Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist will receive exposure in the following areas:
- Deliver web based training over the phone to Patterson customers.
- Drive the update and creation of new web based customer training.
- Act as a secondary resource for national trainers as the need arises.
- Liaise with the Patterson product development team: product testing; bug reporting; product enhancement requests; product documentation; etc.
- Assist in various aspects of the conversion process of offices transitioning to Eaglesoft or Patterson Imaging.
- Take on an active role on the support team troubleshooting Patterson’s suite of office management software, digital imaging equipment, hardware, data backups and database connectivity.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
The Dental Software e-Trainer/Product Specialist will come into contact with various groups which include:
- Administration staff and operational teams;
- Vendor Partners;
- Office managers, dentists and related teams within the dental environment.
- This role is based out of the Patterson Canada Technology Centre in Calgary, with some travel required.
- Comfortable dealing with the technical aspects of our practice management software suite.
- Flexible in working on or offsite from Mon – Fri between the hours of 6:00am - 6:00pm MST.
- Willing to travel to customer sites as required and attends trade shows.
- Additional duties as required to support the business or team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working in a dental office in an administrative and clinical role.
- Post-Secondary education in the dental field.
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written English skills and be able to communicate clearly with clients by phone, in person and in writing.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
Compensation for this role will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience, health benefits, pension plan and free parking.
Patterson Dental provides dental offices with all of their hardware and software needs to run an effective practice.