The role of the Program Supervisor is to directly support the implementation of Pathways After School Program in coordination with the Program Coordinator and Manager of Programs. The Program Supervisor will perform on-site supervision of program staff and volunteers; facilitate various activities that promote physical activity, healthy eating and nutrition, positive personal development and wellness; and to engage and support elementary and primary school aged children and families in our community.
- Responsible for the day-to-day organization and operation of the Pathways After School Program
- Ensure the provision of a caring, stimulating and inclusive environment for the children and youth attending the program
- Work in consultation with Program Coordinator to select and facilitate activities aimed at achieving the desired outcomes of the grant guidelines
- Facilitate a variety of physical activities aimed at engaging students in fun, recreational and life-long learning objectives.
- Ensure the efficient day to day administration of the After School program including registration forms, daily registers, record keeping and recording staff hours.
- Plan, coordinate and provide a healthy snack to all participants within the program guidelines accommodating all dietary restrictions.
- Supervise and support on-site staff, volunteers and promote their contributions.
- Ensure adequate supervision at all times by maintaining appropriate staff/children ratios and effective deployment of staff.
- Supervise children attending the program and promote safety and respect amongst all participants.
- Ensure a friendly and supportive atmosphere is maintained by developing appropriate strategies to support children in managing their behaviour.
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish stable and consistent relationships with each child and their families/caregivers
- Liaise sensitively with parents on matters concerning their children while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensure that the health and safety needs of the children are met and all health and safety issues are dealt with immediately and appropriately. Ensure correct procedures are followed for administering first aid.
- Carry out daily risk assessments and ensure the supervision of children during activities inside or outside the school.
- Supervise the cleaning and tidying of the facility and be responsible for the safe storage of equipment, maintaining that all equipment is in good working order prior to usage.
- Report on a regular basis to Program Coordinator regarding issues of need and/or concern.
- Communicates the mission, values and operating principles of the organization to employees, and other stakeholders.
- Provides direction to the After School Program in terms of operations & programs, in accordance with the approved Strategic Plan of Pathways. Ensures that appropriate policies, procedures, and methods are being utilized.
- Post Secondary graduate Child/youth related field such as Early Childhood Educator, Sport and Leisure, Child and Youth, Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Kinesiology or related field.
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Program planning and facilitation experience an asset
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff, the public and program participants while maintaining objectivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, community agencies and the public.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office with the ability to prepare and write reports/records and maintain same.
- Ability to effectively perform job duties with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including frequent standing, walking bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Ability to use various sports equipment used in program.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check)
- Car and valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
Contract from September 4, 2013 to June 27, 2014 Up to 12 hours a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday on-site program delivery 3pm to 6pm
Remuneration $16.00 per hour
**Potential for contract renewal 2014-2015 school year
We are recruiting for Relief/on call positions only
Indeed - 9 months ago