Pathways Academy and Early Learning Centre is an educational facility offering a blend of traditional and Montessori teaching methods in classroom settings.
The following position is now available:
- ECE Teacher for a Montessori Based Toddler class
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: $13.00 Hourly for 40 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: February 10th
Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Immunization records, Tuberculosis test
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma from a recognized college or university (courses or certification in Montessori is an asset)
- Current First Aid/CPR certifications
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience is an asset
- Clear criminal reference check
- Maintain and create a welcoming, caring and stimulating learning environment following guidelines in the Day Nurseries Act and Pathways Academy Personnel Standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Policy and Procedures manual, Child Abuse Policy, Behaviour Management Policy and Day Nurseries Act
- Flexibility in work shifts and length of shifts required / hours of work are ratio dependent per Day Nurseries Act
- To attend and actively participate in monthly staff meetings
- To attend external training events as requested by the Principal
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship
- Represent Pathways Academy in a positive and professional manner and maintain confidentiality within and out of the school.
- Volunteer and follow through with commitments, fundraising and other Pathways Academy events, workshops, etc.
- Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions
- Participate in 1-3 professional development training events yearly
- May be required to provide supervision and direction to co-op students placed within the centre
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested parties may submit their resumes no later than Wednesday, January 22nd.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Interviews will be held January 28th - 29th