Pason is the leading global provider of specialized data management systems for land-based and offshore rigs worldwide. Our rental solutions, which include data acquisition, wellsite reporting, remote communications, and web-based information management, enable collaboration between the rig and the office.
Pason’s energized and focused work environment empowers each team member to push the envelope of traditional thinking to create new solutions to old problems. We place considerable focus on a culture that nurtures imagination in an atmosphere where people are free to perform to their fullest potential in an open and friendly environment.
Pason has an immediate opening for an Server and Storage Administrator to join the Information Technology team located in the Calgary office. Our team provides a full range of network, infrastructure and application support to our internal (office and remote), and external customers located worldwide. Our efforts ensure highly available applications and infrastructure, allowing our customers to operate efficiently, effectively and securely. Just a few of the operating systems, infrastructure, and applications that we support include: Windows, Linux, VMware, NetApp, Cisco and HP routing and switching, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics SL, and NetBackup. We also provision and maintain customer utilized network infrastructure consisting of VSAT terminals and leading edge cellular data technologies.
Pason is seeking a Server and Storage Administrator to work with internal teams to provision, maintain and support mission critical, customer facing infrastructure. As a member of the infrastructure team, your responsibilities could range from provisioning physical and virtual infrastructure, to deploying and maintaining enterprise storage, to kickstarting VMs, to performing ongoing capacity and performance monitoring. Upgrades to virtual infrastructure including software and hardware are also within the scope of the individual’s activity. Attention to detail and a proven ability to investigate and troubleshoot complicated multidisciplinary problems are required. Familiarity with one or more of VMware HA, VDI, ESX and vSphere, NetApp, NetBackup, would be a definite asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and deploy VMware, Xen based server and virtual infrastructure
- Provision, monitor and maintain NetApp or other enterprise storage
- Monitor and troubleshoot (storage and compute) performance and capacity
- Demonstrate high level of analytical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with enterprise virtual infrastructure monitoring tools
- Work with Pason change control processes to ensure system availability
- Attention to detail
Essential Job Requirements
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related experience
- 5+ years experience designing, building and maintaining virtual infrastructure
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of NetApp SAN Storage and SAN Fabric architecture and its hardware and software components
- Experience building and deploying VDI, public/private/hybrid cloud
- Recognized IT certifications such as VCP, CCNA would be an asset
- Experience with other hypervisors, storage and server technologies would be an asset
- Scripting skills in one or more of Perl, bash, Powershell, expect, Python
- Excellent technical writing, communication and interpersonal skills
Working at Pason
Pason promotes a healthy lifestyle within and outside the workplace. Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive base salary compensation.
- Access to onsite amenities such as fitness and workout rooms; Pilates and yoga classes.
- Foosball, ping-pong, and an outdoor ball hockey area.
- Summer barbeques and other Pason-sponsored social and community activities held throughout the year.
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.