Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and energetic workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
Party City was an energetic place, where there was rarely nothing to do. There were few times where there are less than 10 people in the store at any given time, aside from closing, and there were always fellow employees to help me when I needed assistance, or did not know what to do. I helped keep the isles clean and organized, though I also helped put costumes back into their packaging in the back room and put them away into their required boxes.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
I get to party city, I time in, say good morning to everyone working that day. Then I check where I am located for the morning and what time my break will be at. I always ask management if anything needs to be done right away and if everything is good I help coworkers with their tasks. My coworkers are the best, with different age groups we still all get along and have fun. The hardest part of the job would have to be managing the ladders, since I am five foot 2 and some ladders look like ten feet tall that can be difficult moving.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers leaving with a smile on their face!
Pros
Chill staff, competition
Loved my job
Team Leader/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2016
I loved my job at Party City, the original manager, staff, the job itself, and of course our customers. I have learned to grow with my leadership skills and grow within a company.

I was responsible as a sales associate from Dec. 2014 to March 2015. I would run cash up front, I was responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the store.

From March 2015 to June 2016 I was Team Lead. I was responsible for making sure each shift ran smoothly. Zone ownership, plannograms setting and changing. Maintaining cleanliness of store, I have experience using cash, debit and credit transactions. I have also opened and closed the store, and change tils for shift change.

The reason for leaving this job was favourtism in the work place with certain staff and new management, and lack of hours given.
Benefits
Cons
cut hours and poor management
Productivity and overall Responsibilities at Party City
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 July 2016
Party City provided me with several different experiences that are applicable in future jobs. It taught me the proper and polite way to deal with customer, and answering questions for them that you may not be familiar with or are in your line of work. They also showed me how collaborative efforts can help achieve goals for the company much effectively and efficiently. Management and Coworkers made party city an amazing experience, everyone was nice and made me feel like i was at home. It was a fun experience all around getting to know everybody and not having to go through any difficulties throughout working there.
Pros
Good lunch times, and great staff
Cons
Far location
Fun place to work, the day goes by quickly.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 November 2016
Go to work.
You work hard and get everything completed.
You must be able to mulit task.
The employees were great to work with.
Management priorities changed frequently.
Pros
Flexibility of hours, nice people.
Cons
Seasonal working, limited hours of reliable employment.
Positive and fun workplace with friendly staff
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 July 2016
A typical day at work is a mixture between face-paced, steady and slow. I learn something new every shift and experience as much as I can. I find it easy to manage this job because of the limited amount of hours I am offered weekly and the convenient location of Party City, Belleville. My co-workers are the nicest and most warm and welcoming people I have come across. The hardest part of this job, in my opinion, is the lack of hours I'm given to work. The most enjoyable part of this job, in my opinion, is getting to converse with customers when I am serving them from the other side of the counter as a cashier. Having that opportunity to assist others and give them a smile to leave the store with.
Pros
friendly staff, welcoming, flexible hours, convenient
Cons
short hours, limited job training, no break time during some shifts.
Great work enviornment and good management
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 November 2016
I would get straight to work at either backroom service or the costume wall service. At the end of the shift I would leave or if I went until closing I would help with returns. The workplace was comfortable and it really helped me with time management and my communication skills. This was my first actual part time job, but I jut wish it wasn't on a seasonal based terms. My managers were all well organized, kind, and they all helped me with the different things I needed. The job gave me some really good amount of hours and experience. Almost all my co workers were cool and professional and they helped made the shifts more enjoyable. All my coworkers and I worked as a team and got through our shifts successfully. The hardest part was just the closing hours because of all the returns. The best part of the jobs was getting to convers and meet new people.
Pros
Good manager, discounts, co workers
Cons
returns, store cleanup
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS7 November 2016
Good working place with great people. Give me good hours and a lot too do. And nice people. Good hours. I leaned howith to do balloons and how to do orders, how to help people industry stuff and how to work faster and do more than one thing to do at a time and hpeople to do cash.
meh
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 May 2016
a typical day at work would have me come in, punch in, and go to the grill station and start flipping patties. All my co-workers were not in my age group so we did not have a lot in common. Most of the managers were nice but their were a couple that were unnecessarily rude. Working at a fast food restaurant taught me how to move quickly and efficiently, in a fast paced situation, as well as how to work together as a team.
Very fun environment to work in, great people and Co workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hespeler, ON3 December 2016
Everyday i would go to work excited knowing the environment i was going to work in for the day. Everyone was extremely nice and management was outstanding.
Nice work environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 June 2016
It was a nice work environment and everyone was nice to work with. I learned many tasks throughout my time there. The hardest part of the job was having the weight of other people's responsibilities on my shoulder and for the amount of work the pay wasn't too great.
Pros
Benefits, the people
Cons
Good coworkers and a fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2016
Typically I am usually on cash, so I will be doing basic check outs with customers as well as meeting their needs of why they came in to the workplace. Sometimes if I'm not on cash, I will typically be working on the floor so I will be on ladders pulling down stock and filling the shelves to make sure that everything is in good condition.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 September 2016
tpical day at work

opening front end cash; cleaning
helping xuztomers throught the day and keeping the store as tidy as possible
cleaning up the sotre and sweep the floors
Fun, but no real hours.
Sales Representative, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC20 April 2016
A typical day at work for me would be doing plannograms, stocking, unloading freight, helping customers on the floor, ect. The managers are pretty cool. My co-workers are great, however, I love them and they make the job worth it! The hardest part of the job is the off season, I've currently gone 2 months without a single shift with continuous "I'll see what I can do, we don't really need more people right now" instead of rotating the schedule so I could have at least ONE of the like, five another co-worker gets (who does the same thing as me).
Pros
friendly environment, great customers, smells great!
Cons
Little to no hours
Fun to work at around Halloween season.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ont15 April 2016
a typical day at work included assisting customers to find party equipment. I learned basic stock training, managers and cowworkers are all fun to be around and keep you feeling uplifted. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high demand of costumes when halloween season was on, the most enjoyable part however was satisfying customers with their party needs.
Fast paced and fun workers
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 July 2016
fast paced, so many caring costumers and co workers.
selling costumes, blowing up balloons, stocking shelves, and helping costumers with purchase decisions.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
Fun environment to work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 September 2016
The most difficult part of the job is the lack of work life balance. The companies unrealistic requirements make it almost impossible to enjoy a day of work.
Seasonal Sales Associate
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON4 April 2016
A typical day at work revolved around keeping my assigned aisles tidy and helping out customers as needed. I learned many things including customer service experience, cleanliness, how to stock shelves correctly and much more. I worked at quite a hectic time so management was all over the place which got confusing, especially when they would mess up the shifts and pays. My co-workers were great, many were very welcoming to the seasonal newcomers and gladly helped us along as needed, they were extremely friendly and helpful people. The hardest part of the job was the closer it got to Halloween, the crazier the store got and the more everything got out of the usual. What I enjoyed most was gaining so much valuable knowledge on the work field and gaining many friends along the way.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management was all out of wack
Neat place to work
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
It was very fun and everyone there was so kind. Beautiful people and vibes. Very organized. It was one of the best jobs I've had
good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC28 July 2016
Doing same thing every day, nothing learned, average but good, good to work with others people, no advancement, day off.
Pros
No breaks
Cons
no advaniecment

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location