Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 February 2017
A typical day a work is extremely fast paced and customer oriented. I have learned to multitask a lot, because we have to answer the phone while cashing out customers. There is nothing too hard about it but at work we can deal with ballons.
Pros
ballons
Cons
no ballons
relaxed
-physically demanding
- moveable hours
-great place to work
amazing staff
overall a great job for a student
Fun, busy, out going work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canada1 February 2017
Party City was fun, the empolies were fantastic and amazing to work with. Management was understanding and reasonable with most situations.
Growing Pains
Market Trainer/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario31 January 2017
The company is in a large state of growth and with that they seem to have found it hard to implement a good training strategy to build effective management. They run on an "old school" upper management style which does not work well with today's day and age.
The business is ever changing and there is always something to do which is keeps the work day rewarding. It is faced paced and sometimes a hard environment to keep adapting to.
Pros
fast paced environment and busy
Cons
poor training and not room for adavacement
Learning opportunities are always growing.
General Manager District Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Always exciting. Never a dull day. Great opportunities for learning and personal growth through consistant follow up and planner execution.
Pros
fun, exciting, teaching
Cons
work life balalnce is a bit off
very fun workplace
Stock & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
worked stock and as a cashier. Management were friendly and approachable, and coworkers were easy to work with. lots of customer service, which was ultimately very rewarding.
A great work place with some improvements
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 January 2017
Improvements could be made with management attitude towards employees.
However most coworkers were polite & friendly.
"Break Room" was not the greatest..

Could be a little more understanding with balancing school & work.
fun place to work
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
I only worked as a temp but i was able to fall into a rhythm with work , the hours were good i only wish i was able to be hired on permanently.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
only temp work
Fun and uplifting work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
The management was good. I learned valuable skills like time management and cashier skills. The people were nice and encouraging.
good
BC V7P 1R7 - Cashier and sales assistant (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 January 2017
what your company does in terms of providing fantastic health care service for B.C residents.Therefore , I would like to have the opportunity to do Co-op in your company as an Automation tester and get involved in coding and testing software in order to assist the test team in scripting and executing test cases.
nice people to work with. but no room for advancement for male employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 January 2017
fun place to work most of the time. made some new friends there. but on more than one occasion its been said out rite that" its a woman position and men are there to lift things". co-workers were very nice people. it was usually enjoyable to work there.
Wonderful place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 December 2016
Had a great experience working at Party City. The staff and supervisors are very sincere and friendly. Though the store was somewhat disorganized with the way we stocked products at the end of the day it was overall a good day at work.
Pros
good pay for part time highschool students
Staff :)
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 December 2016
The staff were always fun and a blast to work with. The managers were very understanding of school life and everything else. The break room was a little stuffed and so forth but everything else was very average.
Pros
Very fun staff, flexible hours
Cons
Scheduled you so you wouldn't get a break
Decent
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
Good work environment great people and very considerate and flexiable hours. i very much enjoyed working there and the workers were very friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
early hours
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 December 2016
Receiving stock and doing cash. I learned how to read a planogram. Management was awesome. Co-workers were very down to earth. Hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold receiving product. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the joy of children when they got what they needed.
Pros
Free lunches some days
Cons
Not alot of hours after halloween
Very fun environment to work in, great people and Co workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hespeler, ON3 December 2016
Everyday i would go to work excited knowing the environment i was going to work in for the day. Everyone was extremely nice and management was outstanding.
Fun place to work, the day goes by quickly.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 November 2016
Go to work.
You work hard and get everything completed.
You must be able to mulit task.
The employees were great to work with.
Management priorities changed frequently.
Pros
Flexibility of hours, nice people.
Cons
Seasonal working, limited hours of reliable employment.
Loved my job
Team Leader/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2016
I loved my job at Party City, the original manager, staff, the job itself, and of course our customers. I have learned to grow with my leadership skills and grow within a company.

I was responsible as a sales associate from Dec. 2014 to March 2015. I would run cash up front, I was responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the store.

From March 2015 to June 2016 I was Team Lead. I was responsible for making sure each shift ran smoothly. Zone ownership, plannograms setting and changing. Maintaining cleanliness of store, I have experience using cash, debit and credit transactions. I have also opened and closed the store, and change tils for shift change.

The reason for leaving this job was favourtism in the work place with certain staff and new management, and lack of hours given.
Benefits
Cons
cut hours and poor management
Great work enviornment and good management
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 November 2016
I would get straight to work at either backroom service or the costume wall service. At the end of the shift I would leave or if I went until closing I would help with returns. The workplace was comfortable and it really helped me with time management and my communication skills. This was my first actual part time job, but I jut wish it wasn't on a seasonal based terms. My managers were all well organized, kind, and they all helped me with the different things I needed. The job gave me some really good amount of hours and experience. Almost all my co workers were cool and professional and they helped made the shifts more enjoyable. All my coworkers and I worked as a team and got through our shifts successfully. The hardest part was just the closing hours because of all the returns. The best part of the jobs was getting to convers and meet new people.
Pros
Good manager, discounts, co workers
Cons
returns, store cleanup
Neat place to work
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
It was very fun and everyone there was so kind. Beautiful people and vibes. Very organized. It was one of the best jobs I've had

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location