Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyable place of work
Stock Person (Former Employee), 222 Baseline Rd, Sherwood Park, AB T8H 1S8August 21, 2015
The people were friendly and the work was good, I enjoyed every minute of working there. The management was quite good, they were friendly and made sure that the work was getting done.
Fub place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), CALGARY,ABAugust 5, 2015
My typical day at work was dealing with cash and customers, the management wasn't understanding.Co-workers were amazingly fun. The hard part of this job was the Halloween Rush and most enjoying was meeting new people
really friendly environment
Customer Service and Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 25, 2015
Pros: the breaks were a nice 30 minutes
Cons: more quiet in non holiday months
I thought the co-workers were really nice and had a good work flow.
Communication was a big factor inmy job and schedules were well organized.
went by fast but kind of boring and slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2015
My job here was seasonal for the month of October, it was actually kind of slow paced because all i was doing was walking down the isle and watching people if they steal or if anything out of place.
Great place to work with benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount
Cons: work schedule
Customer service. Was given direction and would execute jobs with little supervision. Great people to work with as well as management. Was able to advance in a short amount of time.
Team based work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Discounts on costumes
Cons: Long hours standing
A typical day would including stocking and organizing shelfs. Have being hired a seasonal position at halloween there were many people searching for costumes so I would be in charge of the costume wall and locating costumes of their choice.

Many things that I learned while working at Party City is that it's crucial to work as a team because there are so many individual tasks as a group that benefit everyone in the end when everything is running smooth and calm.

Management was helpful and very involved. They always jumped in when you needed help and knew what tasks fit well with each employee.

The hardest part of the job was when I was put on the costume wall by myself and the store was very busy, but I worked through it and organized everyones costume orders and called another co-worker to help me out, and in the end everything was running smoothly.

They most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find exactly what they needed and making sure they leave satisfied and happy, knowing they have a store they can rely on for all of their party needs.
Party City Job description
Sales/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable environment
Cons: Inconsistent hours
A typical day at Party City is spent tending to customer needs, and completing tasks within the store in order to keep the store running properly. I have learned over the years the importance of listening to exactly what customers need, and how your attitude plays a major role in performing good customer service. In terms of management, I have seen them all, great managers and not so good managers but through it all I have learned that having a good manager that understands his or her staff, as well as treats staff members fairly is extremely beneficial for the company and or franchise as a whole. The hardest part of my job is the labour intensive times such as merchandising, because it is constantly changing due to the fact that it is a seasonal store. In working over the years I can honestly say my most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with their needs, whether that be making a balloon arrangement for a two year old, to putting a smile on a customers face who leaves happy and satisfied.
very fun place to work at with children, making balloon orders, and helping customers with party ideas
Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: long hours, fun balloon arrangements, always something to do, knew my job extremely well and what was required
Cons: no teamwork was involved, management was very unprofessional
Absolutely loved my job for the duties that were required. Putting together balloon orders were my favorite. Learned how to multitask well, work in an environment that is fast paced, and learned how to work well on my own. Hardest part of the job was having no teamwork, or help from co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles brought to children and customers everyday. I am very outgoing and love building friendships with my customers and making sure every customer left without being upset.
Fun and Easy
Sales Associate/Seasonal (Former Employee), brampton onApril 14, 2015
Party city is a really fun place to work at the staff is really nice and you get to dress up on Halloween who doesn't like that?
Fun environment, great customers, friendly staff
Team Lead (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 6, 2015
I learned a lot at party city. I received 2 promotions in my year there, starting at a regular sales associate doing typical cashier duties, putting stock away and recovering the store to the next step as a front end supervisor during the busy halloween season, which brought on more responsibilities like authorizing returns and discounts and directing staff on where they are needed. and the final promotion to a team lead where I was an opening and closing manager, took care of counting the tills and making float, printing and implementing reports and managing a team of about 5 staff regularly. during my time here I partook in additional work like relaying the store (big display flips), inventory, and also was asked to go to other Party City locations in Ontario that were not up to standards and helped them reach the desired potential.
North queen location
Sales (Former Employee), Etobicoke ontarioMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Nothing!
Cons: Everything!
Never work here!!! Please save yourself! It was the worse job I've ever had in my life!!!! Management and staff were verry immature never trained! I can't express how bad this job was!
Productive and fun workplace
Party City Sales Associate (Current Employee), BellevilleMarch 26, 2015
I enjoy working at this location, I find it a good work environment. I would recommend this job to students who are in school or completing post-secondary education.
Fun, energetic, and fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work involves cleaning the store and interacting with the custumers. I've learned how to operate the cash, handle customer complaints, and keep things organized. The management were extremely nice and the co-workers were very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping the store clean when it was filled with customers looking for help. The most enjoyable part was the employees who made it fun to work there.
Good company to work for
Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee), BarrieMarch 17, 2015
I enjoy my job at Party City but my schedule changes week to week and it is hard to balance work/life. The job and upper management in this company is great.
exceptional experience in a limited amount of time
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: management staff
Cons: seasonal position
I was hired as a seasonal associate during the Halloween season, and during this time I was trained by friendly staff and was encouraged to succeed at every opportunity. during my time at Party City I always looked forward to going into work because I knew that it was going to be a productive and fun shift.
Fun place to work with great employees
Team lead / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AbFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: staff was very nice
Cons: boss was rude, management is not good.
Typical day at work was stocking shelves and helping customers.
I learned how to manage cash and basic store care.
Management was overall okay, not the best, hardly understandable when it came to certain things.
Co-workers would make your day much more enjoyable.
Having to constantly move product around.
Getting to meet new people.
Fine, exciting work that I wish I had more time with.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Party City was a great employer for the month I was there, and I would have enjoyed working with them more, but after the Halloween season was over they chose not to extend my temp contract. Too bad.
awful.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 29, 2015
never been treated so horribly in my life. management + head office had disgusting selling tactics and had no respect for employees.
Its a fun place to work at, lots of enegery but poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 28, 2015
My co workers are awesome the management needs an improvement. We have lost a lot of hour. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along and works together. I have learned a lot about sales and customer service.
Productive and fun environment
Sales - Seasonal (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
-Helping customers find what they are looking for and putting things away where they belong.
-How to greet customers and ensure they find what they are looking for.
-Great group of workers to be around.