Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Great experience for developing basic skills needed to survive in the workplace.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 November 2017
This company is great for developing customer service skills as it is involved with the customers. You also get the chance to learn the basics of being a cashier/front-line worker. Lastly, this company also teaches you how to maintain and manage inventory and stock.
Pros
Discount is beneficial if you like to host parties.
Cons
The store is mostly busy around Halloween time, meaning if you're looking for a stable position, shifts and opportunity are limited.
Busy, non-reliable management and unorganized work setting
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  oshawa17 November 2017
Physical labour is no problem, but safety precautions were not taken seriously or regarded at all. The management was quite unorganized and most times communication was off. Complete training was not offered during the beginning of the job, and many aspects of the job was not introduced until later on. The only take-away was the gained retail experience and customer service experience. As for my co-workers, they were supportive and communicated well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers.
Pros
Discounts on in-store products
Cons
Heavy lifting and stacking, unorganized management
Boring and dull
Cashier-Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON17 November 2017
Management wasn't the greatest
was expected to know things without training
lack of supervision
not enjoyable shifts
out of all the employees,two were friendly
It is a fun place to work friendly
Food Services Clerk, CSC (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2017
I love to work at party city fun filld place i would work all year long next year i do look forward to applying again with party city itis a great opportunity yo work at party city
Good to short time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 November 2017
Good place to work for the short term. Management was on the border of being quite aggressive in tone to being quite pleasant and funny. It was depressing at times to being ok for being a seasonal job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management has some great individuals and some really really mean ones
Hours
Balloons, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 November 2017
They need more hours, the only good time to work is Halloween, other then that it sucks. 5 hours a week is something i cannot live off, if i had at least 3 days a week id be okay.
Pros
good environment
Cons
bad hours
Fun and energetic atmosphere!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
I enjoyed helping out in the Halloween season, learning new stocking strategies and sharing my existing stocking experience with others.

The hardest part of the jobs is to be able to use ceiling high ladders to stock and display product. Must not be afraid of heights!
fun work place
Customer Service Rep/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 November 2017
it was fun to work there. great staff. my tasks where pretty fun got to work with a lot of fun people great store. really fun at Halloween going to get costumers costumes.
Pros
fun staff
Halloween
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 November 2017
Good crew
Made life long friends
Had an amazing time dressing up for customers
as well as assisting customers with their needs
Amazing perks offered
Fun
nice company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 November 2017
i worked here as a seasonal worker for the Halloween season and it was a great experience. i got to work with some awesome people. i definitely had a fun time, but i found that sometimes one of my supervisors would put me on costume wall and then ask me to do something in another area of the store, which is fine, but then they'd get upset if i wasn't on the wall despite that they had moved me from it.
fun workplace
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 November 2017
They have a lots of party items. I think good environment, people are very nice, helping each other. They are good team work.
I learned different skills....
Nothing to say here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 November 2017
there is nothing to say here I had no problem with how this were done at this job. i have no idea what to write here but I can not skip it . would love to work there again.
Fun and good experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2017
Helped me to learn new traits. The management was over all great and very understanding. The experience over all was a very positive one. I made memories that i won't forget
Ok place I guess
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
A typical day at work was not at all bad. There was a good environment so it was fine. The management however, was horrible. Nobody knew what they were doing and they would put that stress on the employees.
fun positive atmosphere great place to work
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 October 2017
Really enjoyed working there, Management was great and you always felt like part of the team. Had fun 90% of the time at work! Loved all the products sold there.
Pros
good discount
Cons
working weekends
Mainly a Halloween Store
North York - Store Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 October 2017
Halloween time you will get 30+ hours a week and after that they will let people go and the hours will then be minimal. The store is more boring when it's not Halloween.
Productive and fun filled work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 September 2017
Working at Party City was amazing! I loved working along side all management and staff. Party City made sure we all knew how to blow up balloons, take orders, and put up merchandise.
Fun and caring work Environment
Part-Time Store Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 September 2017
I had the privilege of working with some wonderful people and learn new skills. Every day there was something new and all co workers were very supportive and helpful of one another
Fun workplace!
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2017
It's usually pretty busy especially during September because it's close to Halloween, but time goes by fast since it's busy and it's really fun during those times.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Easy fast paced job with little or no pay increase
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 August 2017
Love the work I was able to do with the company but due to terrible management I resigned. worked with this company for over three years and was promoted twice within the store but unfortunately with management changes my positions were compromised. Never once was given a raise unless issued by the government. Busy at halloween but was nothing a big seasonal staff couldn't handle.
Pros
Great coworkers, easy work, 30% discount
Cons
Terrible management, no raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.