Party City Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work during Halloween
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 20, 2016
Seasonal position that I thought I would have been working after because I personally thought I was an amazing worker compared to others (not to be boastful of myself). It was fun being around people who were into Halloween, given that I wasn't because of how I was raised. Typical days would be 6-10 hour shifts, that would be boring and long. We only got one hour an hour break, and usually you didn't have time to take a break if the store was busy. Customers would ask for certain products we wouldn't have, and of course it would suck. Also, it was fun to see little kids try on costumes, or a customer would ask for advice when picking one out. The managers apparently didn't always last long at this particular store, and the assistant manager would be very moody at times. Granted, I never really got on their bad side, but when they snapped, it was quite shocking. Pay was minimum wage, and they hated you talking to your co-workers while on your shift. Team leaders didn't always get a long with the assistant manager either. Some employees would be so lazy, and would leave their work half done, and the evening employees would have to finish the job. I was training other employees and I was new myself, so sometimes, they would come to me, and ask questions. You had to also watch your pay, because they would put in the wrong amount of hours you worked. So then you'd have to wait the next two weeks to get payed.
Pros
Learning about costumes
Cons
Long hours and managers wouldn't always pay you the right amount
Seasonal Sales Associate
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work revolved around keeping my assigned aisles tidy and helping out customers as needed. I learned many things including customer service experience, cleanliness, how to stock shelves correctly and much more. I worked at quite a hectic time so management was all over the place which got confusing, especially when they would mess up the shifts and pays. My co-workers were great, many were very welcoming to the seasonal newcomers and gladly helped us along as needed, they were extremely friendly and helpful people. The hardest part of the job was the closer it got to Halloween, the crazier the store got and the more everything got out of the usual. What I enjoyed most was gaining so much valuable knowledge on the work field and gaining many friends along the way.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management was all out of wack
Fun workplace
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 10, 2016
The job provided good training for the basis of providing customer service as well as basic cashier training. A typical day would include working cash and stocking shelves when the store was quiet. The management was excellent as well as the other associates. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing people with customer service making them happy.
Pros
flexible
Cons
minimal hours
Fun, but no real hours.
Sales Representative, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be doing plannograms, stocking, unloading freight, helping customers on the floor, ect. The managers are pretty cool. My co-workers are great, however, I love them and they make the job worth it! The hardest part of the job is the off season, I've currently gone 2 months without a single shift with continuous "I'll see what I can do, we don't really need more people right now" instead of rotating the schedule so I could have at least ONE of the like, five another co-worker gets (who does the same thing as me).
Pros
friendly environment, great customers, smells great!
Cons
Little to no hours
meh
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 19, 2016
a typical day at work would have me come in, punch in, and go to the grill station and start flipping patties. All my co-workers were not in my age group so we did not have a lot in common. Most of the managers were nice but their were a couple that were unnecessarily rude. Working at a fast food restaurant taught me how to move quickly and efficiently, in a fast paced situation, as well as how to work together as a team.
Fun Atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 3, 2015
Fun work place and supportive management. All task given can be easily done with proper training and learning experience. Co-workers are helpful giving tips to fellow workers and helping each other out when the amount of work task is overflowing
Pros
Fun work place and task can be easily handled
Cons
Can't use employee discount that much
Good coworkers and a fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 10, 2016
Typically I am usually on cash, so I will be doing basic check outs with customers as well as meeting their needs of why they came in to the workplace. Sometimes if I'm not on cash, I will typically be working on the floor so I will be on ladders pulling down stock and filling the shelves to make sure that everything is in good condition.
Very slow and dull workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
The co worker were extremely high energy and made working there fun but the management team sat in the back watching you on camera and didn't actually try and solve problems. The management also was extremely rude and didn't care for his employees
productive workplace
great management
learned very much
productive workplace
satisfying work
Pros
parties
Cons
not much
very fun place to work at with children, making balloon orders, and helping customers with party ideas
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2015
Absolutely loved my job for the duties that were required. Putting together balloon orders were my favorite. Learned how to multitask well, work in an environment that is fast paced, and learned how to work well on my own. Hardest part of the job was having no teamwork, or help from co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles brought to children and customers everyday. I am very outgoing and love building friendships with my customers and making sure every customer left without being upset.
Pros
long hours, fun balloon arrangements, always something to do, knew my job extremely well and what was required
Cons
no teamwork was involved, management was very unprofessional
Productive and a fun work place.
Cashier/Customer Service, Stock (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 28, 2016
It depends if I was on cash my day could other be good or great which for me was just fine. I love to interact with the customers and to ask them if they found everything ok or if they had help looking for what they needed. I wanted to make sure they had a good experince while at our store.
If I was on the wall, the wall is where customers can come look at all the customes we have and pick out which one they would like. I found to be very fun and enjoyable especially if they had kids.
Fun place, relaxed but still efficient.
Stock, Recovery, Accessory specialist, Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Nothing bad about this place, People were nice, Nothing hard about the job. Just stocked shelves and helped people on the floor (customer service). Had to go really high on the ladders though, felt kinda unsafe but was necessary to reach the shelves even on the biggest ladder they had.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
One manager I did not like
Great experience for developing basic skills needed to survive in the workplace.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 18, 2015
This company is great for developing customer service skills as it is very involved with the customers. You also get the chance to learn the basics of being a cashier/front-line worker. Lastly, this company also teaches you how to maintain and manage inventory and stock.
Pros
Discount is beneficial if you like to host parties.
Cons
The store is mostly busy around Halloween time, meaning if you're looking for a stable position, shifts and opportunity are limited.
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 10, 2016
Doing morning Paperwork. Morning routines to ensure the store is grand opening looking ready for our customers. Helping customers with their shopping. Looking after the store to ensure that it has all the labels and sales promotion signs.
Team based work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day would including stocking and organizing shelfs. Have being hired a seasonal position at halloween there were many people searching for costumes so I would be in charge of the costume wall and locating costumes of their choice.

Many things that I learned while working at Party City is that it's crucial to work as a team because there are so many individual tasks as a group that benefit everyone in the end when everything is running smooth and calm.

Management was helpful and very involved. They always jumped in when you needed help and knew what tasks fit well with each employee.

The hardest part of the job was when I was put on the costume wall by myself and the store was very busy, but I worked through it and organized everyones costume orders and called another co-worker to help me out, and in the end everything was running smoothly.

They most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find exactly what they needed and making sure they leave satisfied and happy, knowing they have a store they can rely on for all of their party needs.
Pros
Discounts on costumes
Cons
Long hours standing
Working at Party City
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2016
The day would be great but when it came to closing, everyone was playing even the managers. I enjoy the communication between co worker and employees but there is a certain level
wasnt my thing
excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
the one manager was not a leader and just told us what to to with min training, also messed up the direct deposit a number of times
Pros
the people who worked there
Cons
everything else
all employees encouraged to wear costumes for Halloween season!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  #2141 Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 6, 2016
have radio contact with picture wall associate, while being back room costume server. filling costume order efficiently with a smile. replenishing a costume product in orderly efficient manner to better customers speedy pleasant service.
Pros
GREAT atmosphere, Manager went out of his way to make team happy
Cons
small back room therefore no where to have lunch
high pace energetic environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
its was an interesting job. Fast paced and always busy. Mix of good and bad customers but thats every business. Always changing stock so you have to be quick on your feet
Pros
great coworkers, high pace
Cons
not very flexable
Fun place to work
Cashier and merchandise stocker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 3, 2016
It was a great place to work over halloween, leading up to Christmas. After the holidays I went from working 40 hours a week to not one shift for 2 months.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
not enough hours

Party City Corporation Reviews by Location