Party City Corporation
1,150 reviews

Party City Corporation Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, energetic, and fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work involves cleaning the store and interacting with the custumers. I've learned how to operate the cash, handle customer complaints, and keep things organized. The management were extremely nice and the co-workers were very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping the store clean when it was filled with customers looking for help. The most enjoyable part was the employees who made it fun to work there.
exceptional experience in a limited amount of time
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: management staff
Cons: seasonal position
I was hired as a seasonal associate during the Halloween season, and during this time I was trained by friendly staff and was encouraged to succeed at every opportunity. during my time at Party City I always looked forward to going into work because I knew that it was going to be a productive and fun shift.
Fun place to work with great employees
Team lead / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AbFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: staff was very nice
Cons: boss was rude, management is not good.
Typical day at work was stocking shelves and helping customers.
I learned how to manage cash and basic store care.
Management was overall okay, not the best, hardly understandable when it came to certain things.
Co-workers would make your day much more enjoyable.
Having to constantly move product around.
Getting to meet new people.
Fine, exciting work that I wish I had more time with.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Party City was a great employer for the month I was there, and I would have enjoyed working with them more, but after the Halloween season was over they chose not to extend my temp contract. Too bad.
awful.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 29, 2015
never been treated so horribly in my life. management + head office had disgusting selling tactics and had no respect for employees.
Its a fun place to work at, lots of enegery but poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 28, 2015
My co workers are awesome the management needs an improvement. We have lost a lot of hour. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along and works together. I have learned a lot about sales and customer service.
Productive and fun environment
Sales - Seasonal (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
-Helping customers find what they are looking for and putting things away where they belong.
-How to greet customers and ensure they find what they are looking for.
-Great group of workers to be around.
More hours needed
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Would be a great place to work if consistant hours were given
Productive place
Cashier/ Customer service employee (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 12, 2015
This job was fun and energetic. I developed a lot of patience working here especially because it was a child like environment. I gained cashier experience at this job as well as very good communication skills.
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Loved working here. Fast-paced and fun, was never bored. All co-workers were super friendly and close in age rage, got along with everyone really well and enjoyed being around colourful party supplies!
stocker/costumer service
Socker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
stocked shelves
helped costumers get the supplies they needed
kept store clean and neatly kept
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 19, 2014
Helped customers with costumes and planning parties
co-workers were the best
blew up balloons if there were balloon orders
Horrible place to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
I had a terrible work experience with Party City. The management was corrupt and was taking money from new employees, as well as stealing their banking information, particularly the one in Toronto at Keele and Finch.
Fun and experimental place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: 30% discount, friendly co-workers, when seasonal for halloween alot of hours.
Cons: hours drop from over 50 a week to 8 after season, uncooperative costumers, 30 minute break.
A typical day at work for party city on a seasonal hire for Halloween would be either being a cashier, and cleaning the front area of the store. I would also be put on cleaning to where I managed the down and over stock, and clean isles or helping costumers in obtaining costumes from the costume wall. I learned that there can be really uncooperative costumers and it is a lot of pressure during really busy days. management was good. they were all really polite and helpful when needed. My co-workers were fun people and friendly to everyone. The hardest part of the job was having to do a lot of things at once and having uncooperative costumers. The most enjoyable part is that I made new friends and obtained a working experience.
excellent career growth
General Manager- seasonal job (Former Employee), edmontonJuly 4, 2014
Pros: developed your training skills
Cons: busy life
i learned everything in KFC. how to became a good follower and a leader.
i developed my managerial skills in this company

Was seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: seasonal
this was a seasonal job
it was fun, but i wish it had lasted longer
Most dysfunctional workplace, ever!
sales associate (Former Employee), Nepean, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: unstable workplace, bad management
I applied to what was called Party Packagers at the time, and was hired to work full-time a month after the store was open. I worked 8-4 Monday to Fridays. When I got my first pay, I was disappointed because I was making less working full-time. The manager was shady and hard to trust. The staff were hard to work with and seemed out of touch with reality. My supervisor often accused me of insubordination and wrote me up for something I didn`t do. Me and another guy working there were let go after working 2 months there. I cleaned out my locker and left, and the manager said "Don`t go slashing my tires". I used him as a reference, and he ended up screwing me out of a job opportunity.
Fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee), sherwood parkMarch 10, 2014
Its a job
Its not a bad or a good job, its just a job.
It can be fun or stressfull depending on the managment.
The dress code is stupid and very biased.
Lots of Fun
Assistant to General Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: get to dress in costumes for work
Cons: only short term store
I worked to Party City at their temporary Halloween City location and it was one of the best jobs ever. What other company will let you get dressed up in a costume every day for work and at the same time it helps promote their business.
Even though this was only a temporary location I made great friends and aquaintances. The knowledge and skills gained from this company will help with future employment.
Party City - South Edmonton Common
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: consistent lunch break time, agreeable co-workers, location was close to restaurants
Cons: was only a temp job
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers find the specific product they came to the store location for and stocking up empty shelves.

I quickly learned that prior to working at Party City, I hardly knew what it was to have a face to face conversation with a customer, no matter what age. It was a great learning experience, and it served me well.

Co-workers were very nice, polite and hard-working teenagers.
Although the store did have some older adults, most of my co-workers were either teenagers or young adults.

Most enjoyable part of my job was
probably seeing little kids coming in to shop at Party City
and being so excited to get a helium balloon or
a brand new toy. I also worked the Halloween season, that was
quite fun. At the peak of the Halloween holidays, work usually consisted
of finding parents of kids the right coded costume pack.

Party City Corporation Photos