Party City Corporation
1,186 reviews

Party City Corporation Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment, great customers, friendly staff
Team Lead (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 6, 2015
I learned a lot at party city. I received 2 promotions in my year there, starting at a regular sales associate doing typical cashier duties, putting stock away and recovering the store to the next step as a front end supervisor during the busy halloween season, which brought on more responsibilities like authorizing returns and discounts and directing staff on where they are needed. and the final promotion to a team lead where I was an opening and closing manager, took care of counting the tills and making float, printing and implementing reports and managing a team of about 5 staff regularly. during my time here I partook in additional work like relaying the store (big display flips), inventory, and also was asked to go to other Party City locations in Ontario that were not up to standards and helped them reach the desired potential.
North queen location
Sales (Former Employee), Etobicoke ontarioMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Nothing!
Cons: Everything!
Never work here!!! Please save yourself! It was the worse job I've ever had in my life!!!! Management and staff were verry immature never trained! I can't express how bad this job was!
Productive and fun workplace
Party City Sales Associate (Current Employee), BellevilleMarch 26, 2015
I enjoy working at this location, I find it a good work environment. I would recommend this job to students who are in school or completing post-secondary education.
Fun, energetic, and fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work involves cleaning the store and interacting with the custumers. I've learned how to operate the cash, handle customer complaints, and keep things organized. The management were extremely nice and the co-workers were very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping the store clean when it was filled with customers looking for help. The most enjoyable part was the employees who made it fun to work there.
Good company to work for
Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee), BarrieMarch 17, 2015
I enjoy my job at Party City but my schedule changes week to week and it is hard to balance work/life. The job and upper management in this company is great.
exceptional experience in a limited amount of time
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: management staff
Cons: seasonal position
I was hired as a seasonal associate during the Halloween season, and during this time I was trained by friendly staff and was encouraged to succeed at every opportunity. during my time at Party City I always looked forward to going into work because I knew that it was going to be a productive and fun shift.
Fun place to work with great employees
Team lead / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AbFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: staff was very nice
Cons: boss was rude, management is not good.
Typical day at work was stocking shelves and helping customers.
I learned how to manage cash and basic store care.
Management was overall okay, not the best, hardly understandable when it came to certain things.
Co-workers would make your day much more enjoyable.
Having to constantly move product around.
Getting to meet new people.
Fine, exciting work that I wish I had more time with.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Party City was a great employer for the month I was there, and I would have enjoyed working with them more, but after the Halloween season was over they chose not to extend my temp contract. Too bad.
awful.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 29, 2015
never been treated so horribly in my life. management + head office had disgusting selling tactics and had no respect for employees.
Its a fun place to work at, lots of enegery but poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 28, 2015
My co workers are awesome the management needs an improvement. We have lost a lot of hour. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along and works together. I have learned a lot about sales and customer service.
Productive and fun environment
Sales - Seasonal (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 25, 2015
-Helping customers find what they are looking for and putting things away where they belong.
-How to greet customers and ensure they find what they are looking for.
-Great group of workers to be around.
More hours needed
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Would be a great place to work if consistant hours were given
Productive place
Cashier/ Customer service employee (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 12, 2015
This job was fun and energetic. I developed a lot of patience working here especially because it was a child like environment. I gained cashier experience at this job as well as very good communication skills.
Fun and exciting
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Loved working here. Fast-paced and fun, was never bored. All co-workers were super friendly and close in age rage, got along with everyone really well and enjoyed being around colourful party supplies!
stocker/costumer service
Socker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
stocked shelves
helped costumers get the supplies they needed
kept store clean and neatly kept
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONNovember 19, 2014
Helped customers with costumes and planning parties
co-workers were the best
blew up balloons if there were balloon orders
Horrible place to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
I had a terrible work experience with Party City. The management was corrupt and was taking money from new employees, as well as stealing their banking information, particularly the one in Toronto at Keele and Finch.
Fun and experimental place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: 30% discount, friendly co-workers, when seasonal for halloween alot of hours.
Cons: hours drop from over 50 a week to 8 after season, uncooperative costumers, 30 minute break.
A typical day at work for party city on a seasonal hire for Halloween would be either being a cashier, and cleaning the front area of the store. I would also be put on cleaning to where I managed the down and over stock, and clean isles or helping costumers in obtaining costumes from the costume wall. I learned that there can be really uncooperative costumers and it is a lot of pressure during really busy days. management was good. they were all really polite and helpful when needed. My co-workers were fun people and friendly to everyone. The hardest part of the job was having to do a lot of things at once and having uncooperative costumers. The most enjoyable part is that I made new friends and obtained a working experience.
excellent career growth
General Manager- seasonal job (Former Employee), edmontonJuly 4, 2014
Pros: developed your training skills
Cons: busy life
i learned everything in KFC. how to became a good follower and a leader.
i developed my managerial skills in this company

Was seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: seasonal
this was a seasonal job
it was fun, but i wish it had lasted longer

Party City Corporation Photos