Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 June 2017
very fun and productive. Improved my customer service skills. Definite career progression.
Great team work with professional and positive environment.
Great deals on items.
Great pay for students.
Able to work in all different area...
Can be a lot.of pressure from.managers who are under pressure from.their managers and eager to please . Sometjmes unrealistic expectations
Productive and fun work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 June 2017
Great ,friendly staff , always have something to do and enjoyable. There is a variety of positions to work for. i learned the busier you are working the faster the day goes by. It is hard on the feet and back but worth your time. Most enjoyable part is working on the costume wall and getting to use their head sets to communicate between employees!
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
May have to work on Halloween!
Good place and people but the scheduling wasn't great and manager wasn't honest.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS20 June 2017
It was a good job, I learned much from the people I worked with who were all kind, understanding, and helpful. The management was good enough but scheduling was done poorly (in my experience) and I wasn't informed it was seasonal (even when I asked whether or not it was) until after I stopped getting shifts which left me without a job.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Poor scheduling, long shifts during holidays.
Good beginner job - Be aware of your rights as a staff member.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 June 2017
Had the job as a part-time/seasonal job. Worked well as a temp. job, but issues regarding management were immediately apparent. Staff members often got scolded in front of customers and other staff members. In some cases training was not sufficient. A good job to have if you are looking for a temporary work, but some changes are needed for it to be an appropriate full-time job.
Manager problems
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 May 2017
Our manager was replaced by someone who has no idea what he is doing and we ended up behind on stock because he refuses to work with the system that we had that was more efficient. Instead opting to favor the "corperate" way.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
The manager
Not a bad place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 May 2017
The co-workers and management are great (for the most part)
I get more motivated whenever i had someone assisting me with my work for stuff like doing stock, over-stocking and down-stocking, ballons and returns
The management is great their friendly and their approachable
Sometimes the hours are very inconsistent like very short shifts like 3-4 hour shifts (even during halloween the hours can still be short)
And the company's improving with it's reputation
Pros
30% employee discount, free ballons
Cons
Bad/Inconsistent hours, awful keroke music
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
I would recommend for a first-time job, you learn how to engage with customers but also learn how to use a cash register. The people I have dealt with are nice for the most part, just be ready for a rush during Halloween
Fun people to work with
Halloween specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 May 2017
I truly enjoyed working at Party city, the employees and management really helped my experience! They were extremely friendly and helpful, they made me feel like I was a part of a big family.
ok job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
good slow faced job typical day is slow manger are ok, halloween is crazy busy and everything is rushed but over all a good easy going job that pays average.
Fun workplace & environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
My co-workers were usually very fun, and understanding. I developed more patience at this job. Some managers were nicer than others, but overall all very understanding.
Pros
Good discounts.
Cons
More enthusiasm required.
Don't Party in Party City
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 May 2017
difficult bosses. Difficult work load. You can only work for the pay as the environment is super difficult. no wonder everyone leaves every year after halloween hours are done.
get a second job with this one!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2017
Horrible, no benefits if your parttime, horrible benefits if your even full time. no chance for career advancement. Sometimes your left with two people on a busy sunday afternoon to work the tills. Horrible cashier technology to work with. depending on where you work the workers are always straped for hours. Unless you have another retail job on the side you will not make ends meet. Especially with fluctuating hours that are not at all reliable. I overall had horrible work experiences working there. The most enjoyabe part was blowing up balloons.
Pros
customer interactions
Cons
not enough hours. no benefits, no chance to advance
bad
Seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
bad very busy and rude customers. the shifts were very short. ar one point we never had soap in the bathrooms and our manager refused to restock it because a customer had kept on stealing the bottle.
Good Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 April 2017
Adapted well to the environment and enjoyed learning my way around the job. Most of my coworkers and managers were excellent and easy to get along with.
Fun Place To Work
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Party City is a fun place to work, and a very friendly environment

A typical day of work includes working with balloons helping customers plan and organize parties
I learned a lot of different things about balloons and I have become more creative in thinking .
The culture within party city is that everyone is for everyone, and we help each other out in order to make all of us successful as a team and not just one person.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
This place is a very good place to work. The staff is very friendly. The hours are good. They are very flexible with their hours. The supervisors are very nice.
Daily tasks
Executive Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2017
Always changing the floor setups, Productive and a busy work place. Never a dull moment with the everyday procedures and tasks that are time sensitive.
Productive and hardworking.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Party City, I was able to take my time in the first beginning to find out how to use the machine. After three days, I was able to work proficient and fast.
Pros
30% off everything.
Cons
Was only seasonal.
Seasonal city
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 March 2017
Worked for the halloween season, got good hours and a great learning experience, I would recommend to any one looking for a good temporary position in s
Seasonal position
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2017
Party City was an alright place to work. It got pretty busy during the Halloween season but was manageable. The store required of me to find costumes, clean shelves of merchandise and help people with finding things that they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval