Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

they treated me good
they are understanding
they are considerate
its a fun place to work
I like the balloon orders
they buy take out when you work when the store is closed
Productive, fun workplace.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Hired on as a seasonal employee, busy work environment that was managed by a skilled team of employees who with the proper training made a hectic work environment manageable.
Good temporary work
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2016
It was good working there although work was temporary so it came and went and you had certain opportunities open up. It was nice working there although work wasn't really constant.
good and nice work place
sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: good brakes
Cons: very fast past
its a fun and grate place to work and learn and got to be fast and stay on your toes and the co-workers where nice and easy to get along with
all employees encouraged to wear costumes for Halloween season!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), #2141 Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: GREAT atmosphere, Manager went out of his way to make team happy
Cons: small back room therefore no where to have lunch
have radio contact with picture wall associate, while being back room costume server. filling costume order efficiently with a smile. replenishing a costume product in orderly efficient manner to better customers speedy pleasant service.
Very slow and dull workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
The co worker were extremely high energy and made working there fun but the management team sat in the back watching you on camera and didn't actually try and solve problems. The management also was extremely rude and didn't care for his employees
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: parties
Cons: not much
great place to work
friendly people
different tasks everyday
good hours
great management
learned very much
productive workplace
satisfying work
Great experience for developing basic skills needed to survive in the workplace.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Discount is beneficial if you like to host parties.
Cons: The store is mostly busy around Halloween time, meaning if you're looking for a stable position, shifts and opportunity are limited.
This company is great for developing customer service skills as it is very involved with the customers. You also get the chance to learn the basics of being a cashier/front-line worker. Lastly, this company also teaches you how to maintain and manage inventory and stock.
Fun Atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Fun work place and task can be easily handled
Cons: Can't use employee discount that much
Fun work place and supportive management. All task given can be easily done with proper training and learning experience. Co-workers are helpful giving tips to fellow workers and helping each other out when the amount of work task is overflowing
Fun place to work at.
Stock Person (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: good timing lunch breaks
Cons: bad communication with my assistant manager.
A lot of toys , candy , party supplies and costumes. I always had a smile on my face working there. I was never later for work was always on time and kept a smile on my managers face.
A Big Company trying to Run like a Small Company
Manager (Current Employee), canadaNovember 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility of Schedule
Cons: too many
This is a multi billion dollar company that tends to do things 3x. It is being run and micro managed like a small company. They pretend to listen to their employees but don't really. There are promises of things to come in compenation but deliverables to date. the demands are not like anything else in retail and the top leaders have lost focus on what it is like to run a store and the challenges that happen.
productive/ not very friendly people
cashier (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 27, 2015
I work my butt off to get my job done and all I do is get treated like garbage, don't get me wrong it is an ok job but the people there don't treat you with any respect
Fun place but
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: fun store
Cons: long hours...very clicky...no regard for work/life balance
too many managers....good job for first timers...health and safety is a joke...

some people had training and some didnt ....very clicky
Party City Macleod SE Location Job Review
Sales associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Fun job for the most part.
Cons: No receiving dock for shippments, last minute schedules.
Party city was a fun work environment, however the management team was disrespectful at times, disorganized, and irresponsible. They don't know how to run a proper team, they may be one of the best stores right now but without the loyalty of the sales associates the store would fall apart.
enjoyable place of work
Stock Person (Former Employee), 222 Baseline Rd, Sherwood Park, AB T8H 1S8August 21, 2015
The people were friendly and the work was good, I enjoyed every minute of working there. The management was quite good, they were friendly and made sure that the work was getting done.
Fub place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), CALGARY,ABAugust 5, 2015
My typical day at work was dealing with cash and customers, the management wasn't understanding.Co-workers were amazingly fun. The hard part of this job was the Halloween Rush and most enjoying was meeting new people
really friendly environment
Customer Service and Shelf Stocker (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 25, 2015
Pros: the breaks were a nice 30 minutes
Cons: more quiet in non holiday months
I thought the co-workers were really nice and had a good work flow.
Communication was a big factor inmy job and schedules were well organized.
went by fast but kind of boring and slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 8, 2015
My job here was seasonal for the month of October, it was actually kind of slow paced because all i was doing was walking down the isle and watching people if they steal or if anything out of place.
Great place to work with benefits
Team Lead (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount
Cons: work schedule
Customer service. Was given direction and would execute jobs with little supervision. Great people to work with as well as management. Was able to advance in a short amount of time.
Team based work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Discounts on costumes
Cons: Long hours standing
A typical day would including stocking and organizing shelfs. Have being hired a seasonal position at halloween there were many people searching for costumes so I would be in charge of the costume wall and locating costumes of their choice.

Many things that I learned while working at Party City is that it's crucial to work as a team because there are so many individual tasks as a group that benefit everyone in the end when everything is running smooth and calm.

Management was helpful and very involved. They always jumped in when you needed help and knew what tasks fit well with each employee.

The hardest part of the job was when I was put on the costume wall by myself and the store was very busy, but I worked through it and organized everyones costume orders and called another co-worker to help me out, and in the end everything was running smoothly.

They most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find exactly what they needed and making sure they leave satisfied and happy, knowing they have a store they can rely on for all of their party needs.