Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Cashier and Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 August 2017
Fun place to work. Always something to do or customers to work with. Creating balloon bouquets was always challenging and interesting. Customers were fun and friendly.
Cool first job
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2017
It was only seasonal for halloween. It's a fun place that got a little hectic at times but thats retail! The supervisors there were helpful and really laid back so there was never any issues.
Pros
discount of costumes, cute little kids in costumes
Cons
only seasonal
Fun Workplace!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
I didn't work here for long but for the time I did it was very enjoyable, my co workers were very friendly and it was overall a fantastic work experience. The managers were good along with the boss. It was a very fast paced environment. Wish I could have worked there longer then I did.
Terrible
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2017
I worked at party city part time for the Halloween season a few years ago. I was harassed by and old man who had been saying inappropriate things throughout the days that i had worked. I did not enjoy my time working there as the store was filthy and extremely unorganized.
People are nice
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC28 July 2017
Spend all my day at the cash register, interacting with my coworkers and customers is entertaining. Not enough hours for me to have a break on shift. Once a week I would restock candies in the front, which is enjoyable.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Certain aspects can be tedious
Unsteady hours after Halloween season
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 July 2017
Good job until post Halloween season. 30+ hour work weeks turned into 6 hour work weeks and will lay you off without telling you that you're laid off (no hours on schedule). Halloween season is good season job.
Pros
Nothing that stands out from other jobs
Cons
Hours dry up after december
Fun place to work with a lot of caring individuals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 July 2017
It was a well operating store and allowed me to utilize my working skills and helped me gain experience in the working field. Employees were respectful and allowed me to fulfill my potential
Pros
staff was generous
Cons
hours were really long
Good
Casher/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 July 2017
The job helps you acquire fast paced working skills along with customer service.

Can be difficult with long hours and dealing with tough customer cliental.
Ok
Halloween seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 July 2017
Party City was a blast to work at. Except when Halloween is over and they fire a ton of staff. Other than that it's a fast paced but also easy going environment. It allows for people to work as a team and get stuff done.
Diverse and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
OK place to work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
ok place to work. Management is not bad. Opportunities for advancement not so much. Given that I was laid off I really don't have many great things to say about the company.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON23 June 2017
very fun and productive. Improved my customer service skills. Definite career progression.
Great team work with professional and positive environment.
Great deals on items.
Great pay for students.
Able to work in all different area...
Can be a lot.of pressure from.managers who are under pressure from.their managers and eager to please . Sometjmes unrealistic expectations
Quick Paced and Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
A typical day would be me checking on what task or area i'm working ,and help out customers find what they are looking for. Clean and organize shelves, place returned items back to original spots. learned many different terms and how to find and know which product is supposed to go. Management was great, easy to talk to and approachable. Hardest part was keeping up with customers request for costumes. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a mixed aged group.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
not enough shifts
Productive and fun work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 June 2017
Great ,friendly staff , always have something to do and enjoyable. There is a variety of positions to work for. i learned the busier you are working the faster the day goes by. It is hard on the feet and back but worth your time. Most enjoyable part is working on the costume wall and getting to use their head sets to communicate between employees!
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
May have to work on Halloween!
Good place and people but the scheduling wasn't great and manager wasn't honest.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS20 June 2017
It was a good job, I learned much from the people I worked with who were all kind, understanding, and helpful. The management was good enough but scheduling was done poorly (in my experience) and I wasn't informed it was seasonal (even when I asked whether or not it was) until after I stopped getting shifts which left me without a job.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Poor scheduling, long shifts during holidays.
Good beginner job - Be aware of your rights as a staff member.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 June 2017
Had the job as a part-time/seasonal job. Worked well as a temp. job, but issues regarding management were immediately apparent. Staff members often got scolded in front of customers and other staff members. In some cases training was not sufficient. A good job to have if you are looking for a temporary work, but some changes are needed for it to be an appropriate full-time job.
Manager problems
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 May 2017
Our manager was replaced by someone who has no idea what he is doing and we ended up behind on stock because he refuses to work with the system that we had that was more efficient. Instead opting to favor the "corperate" way.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
The manager
Not a bad place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 May 2017
The co-workers and management are great (for the most part)
I get more motivated whenever i had someone assisting me with my work for stuff like doing stock, over-stocking and down-stocking, ballons and returns
The management is great their friendly and their approachable
Sometimes the hours are very inconsistent like very short shifts like 3-4 hour shifts (even during halloween the hours can still be short)
And the company's improving with it's reputation
Pros
30% employee discount, free ballons
Cons
Bad/Inconsistent hours, awful keroke music
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
I would recommend for a first-time job, you learn how to engage with customers but also learn how to use a cash register. The people I have dealt with are nice for the most part, just be ready for a rush during Halloween
Fun people to work with
Halloween specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 May 2017
I truly enjoyed working at Party city, the employees and management really helped my experience! They were extremely friendly and helpful, they made me feel like I was a part of a big family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval