PartsSource Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
i love to drive so what is better than to serve the local garages
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 15, 2016
upon starting my shift ,I check over the car for oil,power steering fluid, and everything else on the checkout list. I learned about how many small , private garages there are. My managers are always there if I have questions and will answer them fully to my satisfaction.My coworkers are a great bunch to work with . They can make me laugh and provide me with help when I need it. the most enjoyable part of the job is customer service ,ie getting the part to the garage ASAP so the customer can get back on the road again
Beware
Inventory Specialist, Shipper/ Receiver, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 18, 2015
I was currently just let go after two years of working at PartSource in Edmonton and Spruce Grove and my termination papers state without cause and I only got a week severance. Different rules apply to different people depending on who is friends with upper management. High turn over of people because pay is low and once you do get raises it takes forever to get. No one wants to work and Management refuses to teach or train properly. its okay if you are looking for part time or have intention of finding a different job.
great managment
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 8, 2016
Very relaxed atmosphere, store manger is fantastic. Slow in the winter but busy in the summer. Pro: Employee discount.
very nice work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 15, 2016
good place to learn about cars and expand your knowledge on car parts. very good environment. everybody is very fun to work with friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heavy lifting
My partsource is trash.
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 6, 2016
Partsource is a nice job if you have automotive knowledge, however most times the managers of partsource end up hiring people with no knowledge at all. The computer systems are outdated so you're fairly limited when you search for car parts. I can't speak on behalf of all part sources as some are ran differently, however the part source that I worked at is absolulty horrible. The managers pester you and honestly threaten to cut all your hours if you don't sell brake cleaner. The reason why they ask you to sell their expensive brake cleaner is because the managers of the store receive bonuses from HR. Currently, we've had 3-4 guys quit because the managers don't know how to run the store. A manger hired his own cousin, and favors him by giving him more hours than all the other part timers. The other manager hired his best friend, they take 2 hour lunch brakes with each other, and they enjoy destroying merchandise because they think it's hilarious acting like complete idiots. We have complained to Canadian tire about their behavior, however it has all amounted to nothing because the district manger just ignores the problem. As long as they see that they are making money, they will not change a thing. As an employee, you also don't get access to any bonuses, and you also don't get any access to any discounts in store.
Pros
Free shop key
Cons
no bonuses, horrible managers, low hours
Poor Wages, Heavy Lifting, No Safety
Driver (Current Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 30, 2014
When you are hired you are told that when it is not too busy for delivering parts you will "assist" the counter staff in putting away the order and working stock. Soon, however, management will have you putting away orders while the counter staff laugh and joke around. If management sees that you are in good physical shape they will insist that you do all the heavy lifting in the store that nobody else wants to do, including relining car batteries and building displays of jugs of motor oil. New hire package included a place to sign to verify you have received your 100 dollar voucher for steel toe shoes. I did not receive a voucher, and when I asked about this, the manager told me steel toe shoes are not required only for counter staff because they are putting the parts away (Hahaha). Very low wage for the amount of heavy lifting and grunt work required. Very poorly run store. Still have not received my first pay cheque after nearly one month. Employee discount requires 3 month probation passed and you must apply for a Canadian Tire Mastercard to get the savings.
Pros
they hire anyone (high turnover)
Cons
unsafe, poorly run store, low wage