PartsSource Employee Reviews

Character analysis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Working at Partsource was a nice experience. The staff I worked with were professional and courteous. On any given day the store always had something new to keep you interested. The staff always maintained a high level of respect for each and their customers. My only complaint was management, it's not so much I had issues with them it was more for the lack of training they received and the lack of knowledge of the auto parts industry they had. With that said, the best part of the job were the people I worked with, they were fun to be with and could always make you feel good when you were having a bad day.
Pros
Great staff, and the occasional free lunch
Cons
Poorly trained managers
Great place to work! Company is growing every year.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON26 May 2017
Challenging environment, that rewards hard working, knowledgeable employees. Invests in the employees and the community. Always room to grow your career through not only PartSource but also in Marks, Canadian Tire, FGL Sports, etc.
excellent learning environment
Parts Professionals & Part Deliveries (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
As part of Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC.A) growing network of interrelated businesses, PartSource employees are committed to ensuring that our commercial, retail, and Automotive Infrastructure customers enjoy a memorable customer experience. In return, our investment in our people includes a comprehensive total rewards package, including store discount programs and opportunities for career development.
Pros
learning
Cons
clientele
Brutal company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 February 2017
This company is awful , Upper management is never in the stores . They give no support. They hire their friends and flat out lie to others. They are not concerned with supporting and developing , they just care that customer don't complain to the office. They shift the blame as much as they can and try to use bullying management styles.
Pros
discount
Cons
no support, lying upper management
Not cool
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
they will totally set you up to fail. Unless you are on the good side of the higher up. Good staff discount but not worth the stuff
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Everything else
Unfair Business Practices
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 October 2016
I have been working at PS772 (Sault Ste. Marie) for two years. I received a raise of 4 per cent a few months ago, taking me up to the "Princely" sum of 11.75 per hour, for being Counter man, shipper - receiver, and Driver. When I asked why I was not receiving at least re-classification as shipper, I was told, basically, "because we're not allowing that".

The new GM is making 50k/year plus, and I, at nearly 57 years of age, am expected to try and survive on $11.75 per hour, while also doing a good portion of the managerial duties.

In addition, a very integral part of our team there was thrown out of the building upon giving his two weeks notice.

Any Ministry of Labour Inspectors out there, we're warming up to a showdown, I think.

If I wind up fired due to this post, you'll definitely be hearing from me.

I've had about enough of this B.S.!
i love to drive so what is better than to serve the local garages
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 July 2016
upon starting my shift ,I check over the car for oil,power steering fluid, and everything else on the checkout list. I learned about how many small , private garages there are. My managers are always there if I have questions and will answer them fully to my satisfaction.My coworkers are a great bunch to work with . They can make me laugh and provide me with help when I need it. the most enjoyable part of the job is customer service ,ie getting the part to the garage ASAP so the customer can get back on the road again
fun to work and learn
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 June 2016
since i have been with partsource i havent had any issues. co-workers are nice and pleasant. some days can be stressful but overall the things you learn can help further down the road.
Pros
learing experience
Cons
not very mant hours some weeks
great managment
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON8 March 2016
Very relaxed atmosphere, store manger is fantastic. Slow in the winter but busy in the summer. Pro: Employee discount.
very nice work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 February 2016
good place to learn about cars and expand your knowledge on car parts. very good environment. everybody is very fun to work with friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
heavy lifting
My partsource is trash.
Parts Person (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2016
Partsource is a nice job if you have automotive knowledge, however most times the managers of partsource end up hiring people with no knowledge at all. The computer systems are outdated so you're fairly limited when you search for car parts. I can't speak on behalf of all part sources as some are ran differently, however the part source that I worked at is absolulty horrible. The managers pester you and honestly threaten to cut all your hours if you don't sell brake cleaner. The reason why they ask you to sell their expensive brake cleaner is because the managers of the store receive bonuses from HR. Currently, we've had 3-4 guys quit because the managers don't know how to run the store. A manger hired his own cousin, and favors him by giving him more hours than all the other part timers. The other manager hired his best friend, they take 2 hour lunch brakes with each other, and they enjoy destroying merchandise because they think it's hilarious acting like complete idiots. We have complained to Canadian tire about their behavior, however it has all amounted to nothing because the district manger just ignores the problem. As long as they see that they are making money, they will not change a thing. As an employee, you also don't get access to any bonuses, and you also don't get any access to any discounts in store.
Pros
Free shop key
Cons
no bonuses, horrible managers, low hours
Beware
Inventory Specialist, Shipper/ Receiver, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton18 March 2015
I was currently just let go after two years of working at PartSource in Edmonton and Spruce Grove and my termination papers state without cause and I only got a week severance. Different rules apply to different people depending on who is friends with upper management. High turn over of people because pay is low and once you do get raises it takes forever to get. No one wants to work and Management refuses to teach or train properly. its okay if you are looking for part time or have intention of finding a different job.
Poor Wages, Heavy Lifting, No Safety
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary30 September 2014
When you are hired you are told that when it is not too busy for delivering parts you will "assist" the counter staff in putting away the order and working stock. Soon, however, management will have you putting away orders while the counter staff laugh and joke around. If management sees that you are in good physical shape they will insist that you do all the heavy lifting in the store that nobody else wants to do, including relining car batteries and building displays of jugs of motor oil. New hire package included a place to sign to verify you have received your 100 dollar voucher for steel toe shoes. I did not receive a voucher, and when I asked about this, the manager told me steel toe shoes are not required only for counter staff because they are putting the parts away (Hahaha). Very low wage for the amount of heavy lifting and grunt work required. Very poorly run store. Still have not received my first pay cheque after nearly one month. Employee discount requires 3 month probation passed and you must apply for a Canadian Tire Mastercard to get the savings.
Pros
They hire anyone (high turnover)
Cons
Unsafe, poorly run store, low wage