PartSource Employee Reviews

forgot something
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sour Spring, ON12 January 2018
make sure you know how to mop the floor you will mop it the floor and washrooms throwing garbages cleaning washrooms.come on part source you forgot to mention all these?
Great workplace with a great boss!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2018
The job was great, it payed very good and also the partsource has a lot to offer from many different jobs, like team lead and managing and Warehouse!!
Pros
15 minute breaks, Great boss.
Cons
A lot of walking and stocking, mainly delivery’s and customer service.
death of retail
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
a typical day at Partsource is spent doing the jobs of 4 different people for the price of 1, having long periods between customers to the point of boredom, having management tell you to do at least 3 things that don't make any sense
the best thing about Partsource is the customers, who generally know what it is they're looking for
the hardest part of the job is putting up with management, who are always hired from outside the company and seemingly have no experience
be prepared to train yourself
Pros
free time to look for other jobs
Cons
pay, hours
Enjoyed the time I spent with the company
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 November 2017
Having the job title as a Parts Driver is always unpredictable. At times, weather can play a factor in how long it takes to make the delivery on time. Always enjoyed working with co-workers and helping customers with their needs.
Good place to gain knowledge through experience
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2017
Helping customers find the right parts and help with diagnoses using obd2 scan tools, and advice and tips from past experiences and previous knowledge. Installing wiper blades and keeping the front floor stocked and clean for customers.
I miss some of my fellow co-workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 October 2017
That is the only positive about working at this job. Met some very nice people. I miss the Customers and some of the Employees.

It was a good job but things could have been better. Not going to put down the job or company or anything anymore. It is not worth the hassle.
Pros
Nice co-workers and clients/customers
Cons
management, etc
Partsource
auto parts (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2017
This company is a very good to work for.
The hours may be long at times ,but over all I enjoyed it very much.
I learned a lot and gained knowledge through this company
Good Place to Work
Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Overall good place to work for people who like cars. Working here is employees the opportunity to meet new people and get more familiar within the automotive industry.
Retail overall
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON19 June 2017
DM was not very motivating. Very micromanaging and always complaining.
All the talented people at head office left shortly before I decided to leave. Was a decent job.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Dm
Not a good place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  Store 76419 June 2017
Terrible place to work. Corporate attitude toward employees is bad. You are limited to 24 hrs per week at minimum wage. When you're not driving they expect you to perform janitorial work.
Fun learning environmet
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 May 2017
Come and find out
Good people to work with
Learn more about cars
Meet car enthusiast
Part of a team
Good work hours and accommodation
..........................
Good and bad at the same time.
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2017
Its a fairly easy job to get the hang of. You need to be able to lift a lot but its easy. The customer service skills you learn are really useful. The hardest part of the job is trying to please customers and not violate company policy. They also do not pay well.
Pros
Easy going work environment
Cons
You don't get paid for your lunch, doesn't pay well.
Depends on the person
Parts Pro (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 May 2017
Good first job, but gets repetitive really fast, so you will be very bored most of the time. Overall it is a good place to work if you get things done and do as told.
Pros
discount, flexible hours
Cons
stress, boring
OK for part-timers, advancement opportunities are just a title
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
Only good for part-timers looking to earn extra cash.
Don't expect too much for wages.
Co-workers are easy to deal with, but when it comes to upper management don't expect anything great.
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Bad management, little pay for extra work, shifts are irregular
Great People, Terrible Corporate attitude
Parts Counter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2017
As a company owned by Canadian Tire Corp. I expected to be treated fairly and given opportunities to improve my employment skills and lifestyle. I was very disappointed to learn of the maximum earning potential of all the employees below management. Wages are not enough to provide a comfortable lifestyle at full time. Corporate is constantly changing the policies of the stores without consulting management on the implication of and enforcement of these changes. policies are now in place that treat all employees as criminals and make it very difficult to do the most basic of tasks.
Pros
Great people in the partsource stores
Cons
Corporate oversight, constant illogical changes, little to no room for career advancement, low wages
Productive workplace in the automotive industry.
Automotive Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 April 2017
A typical day at work would consist of using our database to assist customers finding the correct parts for their vehicles that they wanted. I learned that my passion for the automotive industry increased with the help of working within it. Management was good and I got along with all the "higher ups". Not nessarily the hardest part of the position but something that proved problematic would have be not being able to acquire the parts for the customers in the case that they were not available. The most enjoyable part would be doing what I love everyday (working in automotive industry).
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2017
There is never a dull moment working with this crew and there is never a reason to stand around but can still have fun doing the jobs. The pay isn't very good but store management makes up the difference.
Good co-workers
Automotive Parts Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 January 2017
New experiences everyday. Worked on parts counter dealing with wholesale and retail accounts both on phone and in-store. Did deliveries as required.
Lovely work force, Stressful environment
Parts Pro (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2016
the people who I was employed with became as close as family to me in a matter of months. the field was interesting and the culture was fascinating, however the constant bickering and abuse from customers over simple mistakes plus added stress from the management eventually pushed me enough to leave
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
rough management and stressful environment
hard work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2016
Lots of paperwork for receiving. There is depot and store transfer to be put in the system plus finding and matching the invoices with that paperwork. Daily cores, defectives and resellables as well as a daily audit. Then receive skids by eye or by RF gun. Learned about car parts. Management was not so great at times. I liked working with my co-workers. They were very helpful when I needed it. The hardest part of the job at partsource was the paperwork for the weekly cores and defectives returns to depot. Most of it was enjoyable.
Pros
Free coffee and a laid back morning
Cons
lots of paperwork and heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PartSource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7