PartSource Employee Reviews in Canada

Not bad for Canadian Tire Corporation
Commercial Manager/Parts Pro/Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
Willing to work around your schedule. Advancement wasn't too bad just wasn't willing to pay enough to support a family. The only employee on salary at the store was the Store Manager who did whatever he pleased so I ended up doing his job for him all the time.
minimal hours, completey corporate, dont care about you
Automotive parts delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 1, 2016
they just care about their bottom line and profits, they give you the least hours they can get away with and have actual policies that stated that you can not work more than 24 hrs a week and they really just do not care about you at all
productive and laid black
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 15, 2016
really enjoyed my time at part source, the people are great. the most enjoyable part of job was working with car parts and dealing with customer with classic cars.
productive anf fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 14, 2016
great place to work staff is great , customer service is our up most importance! working hours are perfect for any life style!
It's a job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 23, 2015
O.K. some days, others...very trying on the nervous system.
Pay isn't great, and there is not a hope of advancement. I have not had any formal training in learning other aspects of the business, and after what I have seen in the last three months; I wouldn't recommend working for Partsource.
Pros
donuts occasionally
Cons
Attitudes of co-workers
Best Job ever. But just a Job.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Blockbuster is now defunct but was a great first job.
I would hope to find a workplace with such an atmosphere again.

We were a tight-knit, supportive team who even today have social ties and are still friends.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great family feeling, secure if you wanted to work.
Cons
Late night retail environment
fun team of people to work for and have work for me
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONOctober 3, 2015
every day has purpose and being part of a team of dedicated people makes responsibilities a pleasure. Dealing with customer on a daily basis is exciting and rewarding
Pros
smiles on customer faces
Cons
losing good people when it happens
enjoyed working for Partsource
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONOctober 13, 2015
I learned a lot from all my co-workers and management it was a nice place to work....with lots of room for advancement and learning a lot about vehicle's.. and parts and the new computer system...
fun
Store associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 30, 2015
was at partsouce for coop during high school. Pretty good place to learn a little bit about cars and car parts. most of the time its enjoyable and the hours are nice.
Pros
fun
Cons
nothing
Typical Work Day Experience
Auto Parts Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
It's a very easy-going job that has lots of customer interaction, both commercial and retail. Most employees have lots of automotive knowledge however those with the most knowledge and experience tend to be the first to leave into the automotive field due to the little pay. Working there is fun great people and very little work drama. The head managers have very little automotive knowledge and are mainly focused on the retail aspect of the store which has resulted in reduced commercial customer volume. The biggest downside is the large amount of customer phone calls in the store for simple questions. This is due to the fact that PartSource's website lacks the information of part stock or information resulting in customers phoning the store to get that information which causes an inconvenience to any customers in the store needing help or commercial customers trying to place orders. If the website was more like Canadian Tire's where you can look up the product before coming to the store it would run 100 times more efficiently. This isn't considered an annoyance rather than an inconvenience to customers waiting to purchase a product. Other than that I feel it's a great start if you want to get into the automotive trade but not ready to be an apprentice yet or if you're in college wanting a job to pay off schooling.
Pros
Great Employees, Fantastic employee discount on automotive parts and supplies. Flexible Scheduling.
Cons
Large Employee Turnover Rate, Management has little knowlege of automotive, Pay could be much better due to requiring a large amount of automotive knowledge, Unnecessary large volume of phone calls due to a lack of a functional website.
Great place to learn and advance in automotive parts.
Commercial Manager/assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2013
Partsource is a great place to learn about automotive parts. The direct link between your DIY to commercial account.

It is a very fast paced environment. A great place to work as a team.

Room for all kinds of advancement from driver to store manager, their is always something new to learn about.
Great Work Environment for Car Lovers
PartsPro/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 28, 2014
If you know your stuff with cars and parts, it should be pretty straight forward giving advice and help with parts.

Can get very busy, lack of staff can hinder efficient service to customers in the evening shifts.
Pros
automotive related if you love cars
Cons
busy hours sometimes hindered by lack of staff
Great working experience
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day at work we assist and serve commercial and retail customers on auto parts needs and knowledge. Set up the showroom with promotional products as well as keeping the showroom stocked up in an organized fashion. I've learned to manage a team of four, two counterman, and two drivers on completing daily tasks and planning their routes to deliver to our commercial clients. My co-workers all get a long really well which makes my job as team lead much easier. Most enjoyable part of the job is to see customers come back regularly in seeking for our help and thanking us for the assistance we provide. The hardest part about the job would be handling a unsatisfied customer, our mistake or not, and to make the right decision to benefit both parties, and keeping the customer satisfied and continue to do business with our company.
Pros
great team, amazing managers, flexible schedule
Cons
short staffed
Great job overall
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 10, 2012
Great place to work for! I started as a part-timer and moved my way up to Team Lead. I have had the chance to interact with many different people and faced many challenges along the way. I feel like I learn something new every time I work there.
Pros
flexible with great staffing.
Cons
job can be very fast paced and demanding.
spend your day catering to CTC shops
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 5, 2013
-learned account management and politics
-boss was former store owner before store was bought by company and he had a hard time adjusting to corporate life
-enjoyed dealing with public
fun place to work at
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2014
I was able to be interactive with clients and ensured they received the correct part
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
pay
Worst ever
Parts pro (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 15, 2013
If you like no direction, and a manager that that will not think for herself, but kisses the regional managers you know what this is for you. Would not recommend at all.
Cons
everything
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 13, 2012
-Manage a shotgun delivery service to all surrounding CTC stores
-Very good team
-Well structured
-Solid Management
-Fast-paced
Pros
store discount
Cons
indoors
Productive Place to work at
Sales (Current Employee) –  WindsorMarch 22, 2013
I would help our Shipper and receiver with the over night order.. Put Stock away. Help any Customers with any automotive needs..
Flexible schedule, very nice owner, managing and training were lacking
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 11, 2012
A typical day at work involved putting stock away, answering phone calls from customers and commercial accounts, typical cashier duties, researching parts locations from 3rd party vendors, sales reconciliation at the end of the day. Partsource taught me many useful things about maintenance of vehicles and about many related products available. The store manager failed to teach me anything, and was very unapproachable. The owner and assistant manager, however, were always happy to answer my questions or tell me WHY something was the way it was, and not just show me the procedure for accomplishing said task. My Co-workers were for the most part very friendly, happy to help out, and in turn I would happily help them out as well. The hardest and most frustrating part of the job was finding 3rd party auto parts, especially when the manager would not help out, and not ever teach me where to look in the first place. I found the customer service side of the job the most enjoyable, and found the most satisfaction from helping customers solve problems.
Pros
flexible schedule, good work pace
Cons
no training whatsoever, management issues