Parsons

Parsons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day at work
Volunteer Home Health Care of West Tennessee (Current Employee), TNJune 10, 2014
very busy, very rewarding regarding patients and coworkers
Productive and challenging environment with friendly and helpful co-workers
Engineer II (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 5, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers and good management
Cons: lack of opportunity for growth
I have spent the past 8 years of my career at Parsons who hired me as a fresh graduate out of college. I have learned many new skills and made leaps and bounds in my growth as an engineer but I believe that it is time for a change and a fresh challenge.
Missile defense chapter of the PARSONS brand
Computer Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 3, 2014
Missile defense chapter of the PARSONS brand out of San Diego California.
Work
Project Controls Scheduling Manager (Former Employee), BaghdadJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Nice place to work, good peaple, lots of work ect,ect ect ect,ect ect ect,ect ect ect,ect ect
The Fort Worth office was a very stressful place to work from,
ET III (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
A typical work day was to go to the work site and do installations necessary to upgrade the site.
I learned to what the customer wanted and tried to make them happy.
My management, in My opinion was the worst management I have ever had in my entire work career.
My co- workers were a great bunch of guys who knew what needed to be done and how to do it.
The – more... hardest part of my job was having to go to the office and deal with the management there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was what I was working on and seeing that the work I did made these sites much better when we were done. – less
Great working experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), HoustonApril 12, 2014
Pros: flexible working time, nice colleagues, excellent management
Cons: a/c makes office too cold in summer
Parsons is a great engineering company with excelent mangement system. Meanwhile, it have wonderful working culture and environment. Colleagues at Parsons are very nice to each other.
Good Company to invest your future in
Assistant Superintendent / Material Control (Former Employee), Aiken, SCApril 12, 2014
Great benefits and opportunity for advancement worldwide.
Industry Dinosaur
Office (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: traditional company, many locations, good pay & fair health benefits
Cons: little room for advancement for administrative workers, issues or complaints often ignored.
The company has been around for over 60 years. Business practices are in dire need of updating. Like most corporations, upper/executive management is out of touch at base level operations. Unfortunately many suggestions or information given by employees are heard but often not acted on.
A great experience
Technical Field Installer (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2014
Pros: the ability to get experiences in different states
Cons: healthcare
Started my day, check schedule write down lats an longs and notes if need, stop at warehouse pick-up supplies that are need for job.

I learned, Ask Yourself * Supplier Awareness * Quality Installation NPE * Best Practices Method of Procedure (MOP)* ETTCS MSN Installation Process *Fiber Inspection & Cleaning *E911 PSAP Testing Requirement * Smart Laptop.

Management – more... was great keep us with work and interacted
with teams, day to day as needed.

Co-Workers was great worked well together, and got the projects done on time as scheduled. – less
Large Company
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Completed expansive facility condition assessments and focused on sustainable alternatives.
Summary
Program Control - Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 24, 2014
A construction company entering into the world of DoD of contracting.
Productive Working Place
Senior Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee), MuscatMarch 17, 2014
Pros: flexi timing, good working atmosphere.
Cons: no family medicals, financial remuneration not as per the market standards.
I am working in Parsons for the last seven and half years. I have learnt a lot in this organization. But after spending more than seven years in this place I feel there is a slump in the growth curve both in the technical and financial sphere.
A very great place to work
Geophysicist/Field Scientist (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed my years spent here. It was a very fast paced and educational place to be employed
Expert Administration
Temporary Executive Assistant / Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: academia environment
Cons: na
Outside administrators welcomed, room for advancement, democracy encouraged, love Parsons!
Worked close with project engineer
lead carpenter (Former Employee), Mc Guire Air Force BaseFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: cold and teadious.
Job also included writing safety data sheets. Such as trip dangers ,hazards, and health safety. Besides the building of temporary walls, so other trades could continue production during the winter months. Worked closely with engineer . Checking steel elevations and column measurements. Continuously checking generators for fuel so heaters stayed on. – more... I had two other carpenters I had under me that I assigned daily tasks. Among operating backhoe to keep sight free of snow. – less
This company is a poor company to work for, They don't take care of thier employees.
Resident Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA home site, travelFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: travel, and not getting perdium on time.
A company that doesn't look after their employees, to set up their stays out of town, and making sure they get their perdium in a timely manure. They don't care so long as you do the work, weather you sleep in your car, or under the stars.
Busy
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: available upward movement
Cons: multiple programs and moving seems like every 2 yrs
Point of contact for Facility managers, future tenants and multiple Owners’ consultant during construction to assist/coordinate/review Contractor(s) workmanship throughout Construction. Review of potential modifications; provide technical cost evaluation and recommendations for all Change Order Proposals (COPs). Wonderful company to work for. I love – more... my co-workers. – less
NOT A GOOD COMPANY
Security (Former Employee), ColumbiaJanuary 23, 2014
You put in a complaint to HR and the guy you complained about gets found guilty of office bullying you and then they make him your Assignment Manager, how does that work? THEN they let you go 3 months after the complaint to HR! Never will I suggest this company!!!! They do not value you their employees!!
Great place to work as long as you're the right color
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: salary. fellow employees, actual job
Cons: poor management, job security
Was let go right before my PR was due "what a coincidence" and the reason given was reduction in workforce.. More like budget cuts so senior officials can have that xmas bonus. Wasn't the only one in the lay off train.

Their were useless construction-based safety tests that are mandatory that only help for the rebid of the contract. Incompetent managers – more... who have no sense of the mission or in tune with the employees they manage. This company is out to make lots of money, which isn't bad but at ANY MEANS POSSIBLE. – less
Fast pace and always busy
Associate Lane Technician (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: expensive health care
Inspect state and commercial vehicles for safety and emissions.
learned OBD 1 and 2 emissions and safety
Co-workers are great and good at team work
Manager are flexible
Weather is worst part being work is outside
the best part about job is the new people you meet everyday

About Parsons

About Parsons Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues – Read more