Parsons

Parsons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Industry Dinosaur
Office (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: traditional company, many locations, good pay & fair health benefits
Cons: little room for advancement for administrative workers, issues or complaints often ignored.
The company has been around for over 60 years. Business practices are in dire need of updating. Like most corporations, upper/executive management is out of touch at base level operations. Unfortunately many suggestions or information given by employees are heard but often not acted on.
A great experience
Technical Field Installer (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2014
Pros: the ability to get experiences in different states
Cons: healthcare
Started my day, check schedule write down lats an longs and notes if need, stop at warehouse pick-up supplies that are need for job.

I learned, Ask Yourself * Supplier Awareness * Quality Installation NPE * Best Practices Method of Procedure (MOP)* ETTCS MSN Installation Process *Fiber Inspection & Cleaning *E911 PSAP Testing Requirement * Smart Laptop.

Management – more... was great keep us with work and interacted
with teams, day to day as needed.

Co-Workers was great worked well together, and got the projects done on time as scheduled. – less
Large Company
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Completed expansive facility condition assessments and focused on sustainable alternatives.
Summary
Program Control - Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 24, 2014
A construction company entering into the world of DoD of contracting.
Productive Working Place
Senior Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee), MuscatMarch 17, 2014
Pros: flexi timing, good working atmosphere.
Cons: no family medicals, financial remuneration not as per the market standards.
I am working in Parsons for the last seven and half years. I have learnt a lot in this organization. But after spending more than seven years in this place I feel there is a slump in the growth curve both in the technical and financial sphere.
A very great place to work
Geophysicist/Field Scientist (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed my years spent here. It was a very fast paced and educational place to be employed
Expert Administration
Temporary Executive Assistant / Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: academia environment
Cons: na
Outside administrators welcomed, room for advancement, democracy encouraged, love Parsons!
Worked close with project engineer
lead carpenter (Former Employee), Mc Guire Air Force BaseFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: cold and teadious.
Job also included writing safety data sheets. Such as trip dangers ,hazards, and health safety. Besides the building of temporary walls, so other trades could continue production during the winter months. Worked closely with engineer . Checking steel elevations and column measurements. Continuously checking generators for fuel so heaters stayed on. – more... I had two other carpenters I had under me that I assigned daily tasks. Among operating backhoe to keep sight free of snow. – less
This company is a poor company to work for, They don't take care of thier employees.
Resident Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA home site, travelFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: travel, and not getting perdium on time.
A company that doesn't look after their employees, to set up their stays out of town, and making sure they get their perdium in a timely manure. They don't care so long as you do the work, weather you sleep in your car, or under the stars.
Busy
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: available upward movement
Cons: multiple programs and moving seems like every 2 yrs
Point of contact for Facility managers, future tenants and multiple Owners’ consultant during construction to assist/coordinate/review Contractor(s) workmanship throughout Construction. Review of potential modifications; provide technical cost evaluation and recommendations for all Change Order Proposals (COPs). Wonderful company to work for. I love – more... my co-workers. – less
NOT A GOOD COMPANY
Security (Former Employee), ColumbiaJanuary 23, 2014
You put in a complaint to HR and the guy you complained about gets found guilty of office bullying you and then they make him your Assignment Manager, how does that work? THEN they let you go 3 months after the complaint to HR! Never will I suggest this company!!!! They do not value you their employees!!
Great place to work as long as you're the right color
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: salary. fellow employees, actual job
Cons: poor management, job security
Was let go right before my PR was due "what a coincidence" and the reason given was reduction in workforce.. More like budget cuts so senior officials can have that xmas bonus. Wasn't the only one in the lay off train.

Their were useless construction-based safety tests that are mandatory that only help for the rebid of the contract. Incompetent managers – more... who have no sense of the mission or in tune with the employees they manage. This company is out to make lots of money, which isn't bad but at ANY MEANS POSSIBLE. – less
Fast pace and always busy
Associate Lane Technician (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: expensive health care
Inspect state and commercial vehicles for safety and emissions.
learned OBD 1 and 2 emissions and safety
Co-workers are great and good at team work
Manager are flexible
Weather is worst part being work is outside
the best part about job is the new people you meet everyday
Cad Drafter / Civil Engineer
Cad Drafter / Civil Engineer (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
Ten years of experience in civil engineering including engineering design, analysis, planning, project management, field supervision of project construction and staff. Experienced in capital project design and development, commercial building design, Microsoft Project Scheduling, estimating/bill of quantities and security requirements. Provided engineering – more... support and oversight for marketing and sales and to teams of designers, drafters and site engineers including merchandise logistics. Proven ability to be proactive and provide innovative engineering solutions. – less
Excellent hands-on team approach
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2014
I would have remained with Parsons had the back log of work not declined.
Everyday was something new and interesting
Entry level installer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: individual employee rewards
Cons: too many lay-offs
Great company to work for, challenging with great benefits
Life at Parsons
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2013
Parsons is a fun place to work, I love the people I work with . Everyday I learn something new.
Productive workplace with a family type environment
Assistant CDE (Current Employee), Aiken, SCDecember 5, 2013
Each days provides a different task with different solutions
Outstanding company the salary in date and the manager is very kind
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Baghdad, IraqDecember 1, 2013
Outstanding company the salary in date and the manager is very kind
Really great company to work for.
Associate Planner/ Real Property Specialist, TAFB (Former Employee), Tinker Air Force Base, OklahomaNovember 15, 2013
Pros: great people.
We were part of the civil engineering contract on Tinker Air Force Base. The job was really intense and had a lot of layers to it. I got to wear a lot of hats and juggle Many projects. There were so many different components to my job and so many moving parts that there was never a dull moment. I loved every minute of it. I gained a lot of knowledge – more... from the people that worked there and how to work on a miliatary installation with with the mother load of personalities and different departments and contractors. I was an enormous bank of knowledge to pull from because people had been in their jobs for years and I was eager to learn and listen to them. Yes I am a people person.

Because I am very good with people I enjoyed working with such a diverse landscape of people. I did really well there.
I was very sad when they laid the majority of our group off, but I take away a alot of knowledge. – less

About Parsons

About Parsons Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues – Read more