Parsons

Parsons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Parsons
CAD Technologist (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 17, 2014
Engineers treat CAD Technologists like slaves.
Over worked and underpaid.
Not appreciated by management.
Dynamic and challenging
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: always opportunity, dynamic culture, accountable management
Cons: heavy internal politics, inability of company to support staff when challenged by client
Oversight of client construction program/project. Engaged in BD and Marketing. Continued education opportunities and training. International projects involvement opportunities.
Parsons-One of the Best Companies
Principle Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee), Newport, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: we finished the elimation of the agent vx in a timely manner.
Cons: the results could have been tragic if mishandled
A typical day began with meeting with Engineering to discuss any updates on changes in the daily schedule designed to terminate the Agent VX.

I would meet with the laboratory specialists to verify if there had been any safety reports, spills or accidents from the previous day. None were ever reported while I was there. The laboratory specialist were – more... key in helping us destroy the Agent VX.

Reviewed Safety practices daily with the Safety Manager and determined if there were any issues from handling of the Agent the day before. None were reported.

Met with Government personnel on a bi-weekly basic to provide status of the issuing of purchase order and Subcontracts for various requirements to assure all contract deliveries were within budget and one time for delivery,

Management and Co-workers were serious Professionals who understood the importance of a safe environment to destroy the Agent VX.

I also managed the Contract for the Facility Personnel who were responsible for cleaning of the interior building on the entire site in Newport, Indiana.

We finished the program early and most of the people who were required to stay to close-out were there when I left the company to return to Indianapolis, IN. – less
Majority of resources do not have enough time in a day to complete tasks
Contracts Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: constantly interesting projects
Cons: workload
Many managerial resources are overwhelmed and due to international projects many are working an average of 12 to 14 hour days, due to time variations and continuous tight timelines
Excellence work Atmosphere
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKOctober 9, 2014
Pros: numerous opportunities to learn and grow professionally
Cons: n/a
Interacting with all levels of the simulation world and with different ABCS systems was always very rewarding.
Challenging
SharePoint Architect (Current Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 9, 2014
Working hours are 60 hrs/ week.
You need to be jack of all and master of none.
Productive team players
Secretary III/Office Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City KSOctober 7, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work started as soon as you walked into the door.
I did not mind as I like working with our customers and field employees daily. I managed the front office. I was promoted from a secretary to office manager. Daily work included on-board and training of new staff including training. Purchasing job materials and supplies for the office – more... and field employees. Processed timecards and expense reports. Set up and coordinated all meeting and events. Handled difficult situations daily. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Mechanical Area Construction Engineer/Specialist (Former Employee), Aiken, SC 29803September 17, 2014
Enjoyed my time with Parsons and would recommend them to anyone.
A good Employer to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesSeptember 6, 2014
Parsons is a good employer to work for. One of the multi national and big employers operating in more than 62 countries all over the world.
Great company for growth
Resident Engineer/Construction Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: long-term project assignments, good management
Cons: difficulty in retaining employees in some regions
I've been an employee at Parsons for almost 8 full years. During my time, I have worked for two different divisions of the company and both were great experiences. The people really care about achieving a work/life balance and want to help you grow professionally. The compensation and benefits are excellent with an ESOP program that is top-notch.
Design Manager in Parsons
DESIGN MANAGER (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi UAEAugust 29, 2014
Review the architectural drawings to check the following issues:

The client requirements and their contract items with consultant.
This mission needs from me to know first what are the client's requirements and to be aware about the contract details between the client and the consultant. In many places and details the consultant will miss the right – more... way to do so in the drawings. accordingly I have to mark the missing requirements on the drawings and in the check list I have been prepared before.
In many critical cases I have to write an email to the project manager to take action or to explain to the consultant the required details or items . however all these conflicts will take place during the work shop. – less
Very professional, care for employees
Program & Construction Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, top pay, professional people, no politics
- a typical day at work: Managed my project, team and established priorities for the next few days
- what you learned: Better corporate senior management style
- management: Smart, professional, caring about the staff
- your co-workers: Skilled, dedicated, team players
- the hardest part of the job: Managing client expectations
- the most enjoyable – more... part of the job: Company meetings and events – less
Productive and Fun workplace. Depending on what you are looking for this could be a great place
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: travel, sponsored certifications, great co-workers
Cons: management
Work here requires you to be fully engaged on your project. There are a lot of moving parts and logistics are critical.Gained a great deal of knowledge working along side my PMs. The key is to keep your work as transparent as possible and communicate as often as possible with the client. This usually always created great relationships with my clients!
Reporting, yearly preparation of project budget, project reports, control and Monthly and Year end review and adjustment if necessary on each project.
Lead Cost Engineer (Former Employee), San Bernardino CaliforniaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: work time - 9/80 schedule.
Cons: can not think of anything i do not like.
Reviewed all payment to consultants and contractors for accuracy in amount needed to be paid, budgeted and coded to proper project and funds.
Since all my experience was with private corporation, I learned various funds from federal, state, local government and sales tax revenue.
Managed all (53) projects by budget, funds and code to the proper general – more... ledger accounts.
Can coordinate all aspects of the assigned projects with the project managers.
The hardest part of my job was to coordinate with the project mangers how their projects are funded. I tried to be patient, give them the absolute date I need the information and set a meeting with them for them to provide the funding and discuss with me why projects are funded the way they are.
I truely enjoy all aspects of my work. – less
Excellent Company
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 18, 2014
Government projects. Department of Defense and Department of Energy
Work
Laborer (Former Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be there to get the job done.
cohesive design team and friendly work enviornment
Rail/Civil Engineering Consultant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 16, 2014
Parsons provided support and resources to enhance daily design tasks. Communication was strong and team was friendly.
you don't want to work for Parsons
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2014
Cons: see comments
although the pay might be good, you don't want to work for Parsons. Management is the pits - complaints and issues are not addressed, the only thing management addresses is chewing an employee out for something petty.
Engineering Coordinator
Scheduling/Planning Engineer (Current Employee), Jeddah, S02August 9, 2014
Fulfilled the following responsibilities in various Infra+MEP Projects:
* Coordination with contractors on various issues on site related to
MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing), HVAC, & Civil works.
* Follow up and maintain records on Daily maintenance work
orders & assignment of work to concerned technicians.
* Preparation of reports related to – more... engineering work.
* Preparation of Instructions Manual.
* Cross Checking of BOQs.
* Preparation of Power Point Presentations.
* Preparation of Job Estimation, Material Issue Request, etc in
CITRIX.
* Preparation of Activity Flow Charts.
* Sometimes used to work on design software like AutoCAD,
AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, etc. – less
Challenging Projects and Interesting International Locations
HSE Manager (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, Baghdad, and MoscowAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good esop, 401k and fantastic travel opportunities
Cons: can't think of any.
Parsons allowed me to work in various international locations that provided opportunities for personal and professional challenges.

1 2 3 4 5

About Parsons

About Parsons Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues – Read more