Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
best place to work
Rail Track Engineer (Current Employee), Saudi arabiaApril 13, 2015
Enjoyed working in team evironment. worked together to achvieve goals. The management is great and support staff is awesome.
Great Global Company
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Ephrata, PAMarch 4, 2015
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a great global company that is highly ranked in the engineering world.

I would recommend this company to others.
Productie and good work environment
Designer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 4, 2015
Co-workers are great and there is a positive work environment. Learned a lot about MCDOT and ADOT design standards. Assisted in designs under several municipal standards.
First Construction Job
Field Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2015
I love my Field Office! We are a big dysfunctional family but that's what makes the job pleasant and fun to be at. I actually look forward to coming to work on a daily basis. The Inspectors have a wealth of knowledge. This is a whole new world for me but I enjoy it very much.
No comments
Modularisation Yard Manager (Former Employee), Perth, WAFebruary 10, 2015
No comments because I was taken over by them to maintain the continuity of the site work when the previous PMC was replaced.
Remote Work
Regional Environmental Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: stingy time off and benefits
I did not work at a PB office so I cannot really speak to the culture, I imagine it varies greatly from office to office. The company does adopt a health & safety and environmentally sustainable culture that filters even into it's remote project offices.
Productive place
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good payment
Cons: insurance and old tools
Good place to expand your knowledge of Civil Eng. Nice working office and nice staff that would like to grow up.
Great company for new engineers
Civil Engineer I (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great people, a lot of exposure
Cons: very tight deadlines, at the mercy of clients
This company is a great place to start your career because they let you work on all different types of projects. However, after a few years you may realize that you're not doing much more than what you were when you first started.
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2014
Pros: offer areas of growth for advancment
Cons: work away from home alot
A fast paced and energetic workplace. Worked out in the field and enjoyed the opportunity to grow with the company. Employees share knowledge and ability generously so you can complete your job effectively. Upper management could be more interactive. Great benefits and compensation package.
Very detalied place
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches good pay
Cons: short breaks
A typical day consisted of - Data Entry Data Wipes, PC Deployment, Data Migrations, PC Inventory
Challenging and fullfilling career
Lead Quality Control Analyst & CAPA Administrator (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 20, 2014
Working in the disaster business is thrilling and adventurous. No natural disaster is the same & you are faced with different challenges daily. Not only is it a fast pace environment, but it requires being able to multi task in that fast pace.

Managing & analyzing quality control is detail oriented as well as demanding in the need for accuracy & efficiency. Meeting contractual obligations while still maintaining a budget is difficult but a rewarding challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping to rebuild lives after devastation. It can be trying, but is so fulfilling to know that what you do helps people in need.
ONE OF THE MOST RACIST COMPANIES I'VE EVER WORKED FOR
Buyer (Former Employee), NEW YORK, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: i found no pros working for this company
Cons: racist, discriminatory, nepotism, no room for advancement, unqualified management
Most of the employees in Corporate Purchasing, Materials Management and Procurement Card were friends of the V.P. with no experience. If it wasn't racial slurs by the director, it was degrading comments. One friend hired of the V.P. would come in early, go through everyone's desks and paperwork, eavesdrop on conversations and report back to the V.P. The V.P. made up titles for her friends with no real job responsibilities and lied about their credentials. Some of them were promoted 2-3 times within a two-year period.

In the morning, they would be out smoking cigarettes, at the gym or out having breakfast.

(FACT) At every level in the department, all the salaries of the caucasian employees were higher than the African American employees.

Once the V.P. realized how import the positions we held in Purchasing were, she moved some of us to other departments of lesser importance or designated an overseer to watch our every move. She also removed us from any outside representation of the company and would send caucasian employees in our place.

Although we were degreed individuals, she would have all our emails and correspondence checked for grammar and her and her closest partner in crime has access to review all our emails.

I as a Senior buyer one of my responsibilities was suppose to be to travel abroad to implement an e-procurement system but was told after I was hired they decided against it because I has children (discrimination). The real reason was because one of the V.P.'s friends wanted to travel.

I filed a complaint with H.R. and the company's EEO, they never got back to me or returned my calls even after the HR person I filed the complaint with admitted they knew what was going on and that the department had a long history of discriminatory practices.

As a result, I was fired as well as other people of color. The department was eventually white-washed.
Not so much fun as it was like engineering company
Chief Architect/Project Manager (Former Employee), ShanghaiSeptember 18, 2014
Nice team and fun but hard to communicate with design director, that was the tough part but we had very nice team building for each team and after each project!
Fun place to work and great team effort
CAD Operator III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work place
Cons: workforce reductions
Excellent management styles.
Excellent benefits.
Loved working in a place where creativity
is appreciated.
Good work life balance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWAugust 21, 2014
Strong transport sector engineering consultancy with an appreciation for worklife balance
Very productive and challenging work environment
Summer intern (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unpaid internship
A typical day at work involved research, data gathering, information assessment, writing and creating spreadsheets and tables. I learned to complete tasks associated with environmental studies per Federal and State requirements. My co-workers were all very helpful and educated. The hardest part of the job was completing tasks that are usually given to people with more experience in the field of planning. The most enjoyable part of my job was having my work included in professional reports.
A very professional workplace where work is expected to be done at the highest standard
Assistant Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: you are continually challenged to improve and learn
Cons: very demanding work load, comes at expense of personal life sometimes.
There is never a "typical" day at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Every day, I was doing something different be it CAD work, loading or design calculations, specifications, or whatnot. It was almost always challenging and I would venture upon new problems each day.
Very accommodating environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
PB offers great benefits to employees related to work life balance and health. However, compensation guidelines are unfair and unequally distributed. The work environment is good overall because of minimal supervision, but management and employees in my department lack team building and collaboration among each other
Productive workplace
Document Controller (Current Employee), LPJuly 23, 2014
Pros: friendly people willing to assist when needed
I enjoy working at Parsons Brinckerhoff. It is a great stepping stone towards the future and to learn new things.
Engineering consulting firm
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2014
Great company to work with. Nice and professional people. Decent pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees – Read more

Parsons Brinckerhoff Photos

Parsons Brinckerhoff staff in our Lancaster, Pennsylvania, office.