Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2014
Pros: offer areas of growth for advancment
Cons: work away from home alot
A fast paced and energetic workplace. Worked out in the field and enjoyed the opportunity to grow with the company. Employees share knowledge and ability generously so you can complete your job effectively. Upper management could be more interactive. Great benefits and compensation package.
Very detalied place
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches good pay
Cons: short breaks
A typical day consisted of - Data Entry Data Wipes, PC Deployment, Data Migrations, PC Inventory
Challenging and fullfilling career
Lead Quality Control Analyst & CAPA Administrator (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 20, 2014
Working in the disaster business is thrilling and adventurous. No natural disaster is the same & you are faced with different challenges daily. Not only is it a fast pace environment, but it requires being able to multi task in that fast pace.

Managing & analyzing quality control is detail oriented as well as demanding in the need for accuracy & efficiency. – more... Meeting contractual obligations while still maintaining a budget is difficult but a rewarding challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping to rebuild lives after devastation. It can be trying, but is so fulfilling to know that what you do helps people in need. – less
ONE OF THE MOST RACIST COMPANIES I'VE EVER WORKED FOR
Buyer (Former Employee), NEW YORK, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: i found no pros working for this company
Cons: racist, discriminatory, nepotism, no room for advancement, unqualified management
Most of the employees in Corporate Purchasing, Materials Management and Procurement Card were friends of the V.P. with no experience. If it wasn't racial slurs by the director, it was degrading comments. One friend hired of the V.P. would come in early, go through everyone's desks and paperwork, eavesdrop on conversations and report back to the V.P. – more... The V.P. made up titles for her friends with no real job responsibilities and lied about their credentials. Some of them were promoted 2-3 times within a two-year period.

In the morning, they would be out smoking cigarettes, at the gym or out having breakfast.

(FACT) At every level in the department, all the salaries of the caucasian employees were higher than the African American employees.

Once the V.P. realized how import the positions we held in Purchasing were, she moved some of us to other departments of lesser importance or designated an overseer to watch our every move. She also removed us from any outside representation of the company and would send caucasian employees in our place.

Although we were degreed individuals, she would have all our emails and correspondence checked for grammar and her and her closest partner in crime has access to review all our emails.

I as a Senior buyer one of my responsibilities was suppose to be to travel abroad to implement an e-procurement system but was told after I was hired they decided against it because I has children (discrimination). The real reason was because one of the V.P.'s friends wanted to travel.

I filed a complaint with H.R. and the company's EEO, they never got back to me or returned my calls even after the HR person I filed the complaint with admitted they knew what was going on and that the department had a long history of discriminatory practices.

As a result, I was fired as well as other people of color. The department was eventually white-washed. – less
Not so much fun as it was like engineering company
Chief Architect/Project Manager (Former Employee), ShanghaiSeptember 18, 2014
Nice team and fun but hard to communicate with design director, that was the tough part but we had very nice team building for each team and after each project!
Fun place to work and great team effort
CAD Operator III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work place
Cons: workforce reductions
Excellent management styles.
Excellent benefits.
Loved working in a place where creativity
is appreciated.
Good work life balance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWAugust 21, 2014
Strong transport sector engineering consultancy with an appreciation for worklife balance
Very productive and challenging work environment
Summer intern (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unpaid internship
A typical day at work involved research, data gathering, information assessment, writing and creating spreadsheets and tables. I learned to complete tasks associated with environmental studies per Federal and State requirements. My co-workers were all very helpful and educated. The hardest part of the job was completing tasks that are usually given – more... to people with more experience in the field of planning. The most enjoyable part of my job was having my work included in professional reports. – less
A very professional workplace where work is expected to be done at the highest standard
Assistant Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 2, 2014
Pros: you are continually challenged to improve and learn
Cons: very demanding work load, comes at expense of personal life sometimes.
There is never a "typical" day at Parsons Brinckerhoff. Every day, I was doing something different be it CAD work, loading or design calculations, specifications, or whatnot. It was almost always challenging and I would venture upon new problems each day.
Very accommodating environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
PB offers great benefits to employees related to work life balance and health. However, compensation guidelines are unfair and unequally distributed. The work environment is good overall because of minimal supervision, but management and employees in my department lack team building and collaboration among each other
Productive workplace
Document Controller (Current Employee), LPJuly 23, 2014
Pros: friendly people willing to assist when needed
I enjoy working at Parsons Brinckerhoff. It is a great stepping stone towards the future and to learn new things.
Engineering consulting firm
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2014
Great company to work with. Nice and professional people. Decent pay
PB Is a excellent international engineering firm
Senior Design Architect (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: one of the best companies in the world.
Cons: none.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an international engineering firm that excels in providing job satisfaction for all employees including advancement into management. PB strives to provide a highly organized work environment promoting excellence in product design and production.
Need more coordination in terms of work
Senior Cad Design Draftsman (SDDm) (Current Employee), SingaporeJune 26, 2014
Pros: paid overtime
Cons: long hours
A fast phased work environement, friendly co-workers, but the coordination of work loads need to be managed well.
Excellent benefits and friendly environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Medupi Power Station, Lephalale, LimpopoJune 23, 2014
Pros: medical aid, pension and free housing. month -end long weekend
Cons: far from loved ones, extreme temperatures
Typical work day is mostly boring administrative work. I've learned in my current position that we easily feel sorry for our circumstances when there are always someone out there that is far worse off than your imagination can ever conceive. Management is friendly, fair and helpful. Our co-workers are a potpourri of nations, languages and cultures which – more... make most conversations really interesting and educational.

The hardest part of the job is completing a project and the most enjoyable is when it's been done successfully. – less
Productive place to work with a comfortable
SENIOR PAYROLL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: friendly environment.
Processing employee changes and manual checks, answering employee inquires in regards to payroll. Supporting Human Resources and Accounting in duties pertaining to payroll. I've learned how to process International payroll manually. Management was great I was able to talk about any issues I had. Open door policy. The hardest part of the job was that – more... the work was not distributed evenly through out the payroll dept. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some great people and having freedom to work independently.... – less
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a highly professional construction management firm
Senior Construction Inspector (Current Employee), Tomball, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: having control of my daily activities and time.
Cons: working away from my home.
Reviewing inspector daily reports for payments to the contractor, remarks, calculations for payments, supporting documentation for the daily report (as-builts, calculations, or sketches).

Reviewing the project in the field: Meeting with the individual inspectors as they are observing the various construction activities.
Ensuring the owner that all – more... activities have proper supervision.
Communicating with the contractor to assure lane closures are set up properly, SWPPP is managed, and dealing with any problems in the construction.

Meeting with the owners with the consulting staff for updates and construction issues.

The hardest part of the job is when the contractor is not complying with the specifications and resolving their non-compliance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fine, professional people day in and day out. – less
It has been a great experience
Safety Director (Current Employee), Dulles and National Airports, Washington DCJune 6, 2014
My experience with the company has been great. I have met many challenges along the way. I feel I have been a positive influence as well as the Airport Authority being a positive influence on me in return. It is all about team work with positive end results.
No employee retention
Proposals,Marketing&Communications Manager-Africa (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 6, 2014
The overall group is a excellent group, however the Africa branch is a very toxic environment
Good client base and available opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJune 2, 2014
Parson's is well placed with large clients across the UK. This means that there is always varied and interesting work available working for clients involved in large scale projects.

1 2 3 4

About Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees – Read more

Parsons Brinckerhoff Photos