Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Global Company
Tunnel Specialist / Civil and Structure Division (Current Employee), SingaporeJuly 8, 2015
Global experience in tunnel and underground projects, specially inSingapore MRT and Cable Tunnel and Rock Caverns related to rock and tunnel engineering
In learned to use Wispa system
Quality Analyst/ Report Engineer (Former Employee), LimpopoJuly 6, 2015
Pros: loyality
Cons: hardworking
PB is a good company it care about its employees. it was great working for them. and in termes of payment they are very good they pay on time at all times. they provide even awareness trainings to keep the employees up to date and effective.
Terrible Company - at least in non-U.S. arenas
na (Current Employee), naJune 7, 2015
Pros: Pay is decent
Cons: Everything you could think of
Poor upper management, poor communication, structure too segmented, many inept and unqualified people. Company is cheap, IT support and knowledge base is comical - offices are cheap, dirty, scant on necessary resources.
This company makes money because they have an old reputation they ride off of, and because they work on sluggish, big dollar projects; but the company, atmosphere, management, overall work quality is 20 years behind the curve.
Good place to learn - Big projects - Lot of Experienced People
Business Analyst - Power Sector (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 5, 2015
Pros: Good Learning, Experienced people, Exposure to Big Program Management & Project Management Jobs, Big brand Name in Middle East
Cons: Nothing as such
PB is really very nice place to work. There are really big flagship projects in PB which makes it so special in the whole construction consulting industry.

Management is really good with very old school of thoughts in their minds of doing the business. But they are successful in doing so and its really good for the company & the employees.

Its one of the best place to work within Middle east.
Fair Management and Good Co-workers
Senior Cad Design Draftsman (SDDM) (Current Employee), SingaporeMay 30, 2015
Pros: Meal Allowance for doing overtime
Cons: well balanced between work and family
A good place to start on developing the potential, with a little more motivation and benefits, people will stay longer than before. Work place ethics is upholded firmly and friendly co-workers.
Good company to work for
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
This is one of the better companies to work for in NYC in my opinion, people are nice even pay is on the low side, and i enjoyed the freedom i got from the job.
Used to be great but no more
Senior Vice President - Operations Planning (Current Employee), Newark, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: Salaries and benefits start out as good.
Cons: Negative culture, cut throat management, vindictive leadership
When I first started at PB in 1996, it was an enjoyable, family like company. As the new owners took control in 2009 (Balfour Beatty at the time,) the culture began to change. Expensive hiring of so called "highly compensated" business development executives resulted in there so called experts delivering nothing, eating up overhead and productive department budgets being cut, perks eliminated and severe restrictions of training and development as a result of their incompetence. The only item that mattered to "Executive Management," was profit, at all costs and at the expense of qualified staff. And they all seem to wear "toupees!" Vindictive behavior by these so called "industry giants" recently hired resulted in the best and brightest staff to leave.
The other complaint is the lack of ethics and honor by the administrative managers; constant gossip, prying into employees private lives and retaliatory behavior. These managers cannot be trusted.
It was a good place to work but not anymore.
A good company to work in
Modeler II (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2015
It has a good work/life balance and more innovation oriented. I had a good learning experience working at Parsons Brinckerhoff
best place to work
Rail Track Engineer (Current Employee), Saudi arabiaApril 13, 2015
Enjoyed working in team evironment. worked together to achvieve goals. The management is great and support staff is awesome.
Great Global Company
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Ephrata, PAMarch 4, 2015
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a great global company that is highly ranked in the engineering world.

I would recommend this company to others.
Productie and good work environment
Designer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 4, 2015
Co-workers are great and there is a positive work environment. Learned a lot about MCDOT and ADOT design standards. Assisted in designs under several municipal standards.
First Construction Job
Field Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2015
I love my Field Office! We are a big dysfunctional family but that's what makes the job pleasant and fun to be at. I actually look forward to coming to work on a daily basis. The Inspectors have a wealth of knowledge. This is a whole new world for me but I enjoy it very much.
No comments
Modularisation Yard Manager (Former Employee), Perth, WAFebruary 10, 2015
No comments because I was taken over by them to maintain the continuity of the site work when the previous PMC was replaced.
Remote Work
Regional Environmental Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: stingy time off and benefits
I did not work at a PB office so I cannot really speak to the culture, I imagine it varies greatly from office to office. The company does adopt a health & safety and environmentally sustainable culture that filters even into it's remote project offices.
Productive place
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good payment
Cons: insurance and old tools
Good place to expand your knowledge of Civil Eng. Nice working office and nice staff that would like to grow up.
Great company for new engineers
Civil Engineer I (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great people, a lot of exposure
Cons: very tight deadlines, at the mercy of clients
This company is a great place to start your career because they let you work on all different types of projects. However, after a few years you may realize that you're not doing much more than what you were when you first started.
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2014
Pros: offer areas of growth for advancment
Cons: work away from home alot
A fast paced and energetic workplace. Worked out in the field and enjoyed the opportunity to grow with the company. Employees share knowledge and ability generously so you can complete your job effectively. Upper management could be more interactive. Great benefits and compensation package.
Very detalied place
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches good pay
Cons: short breaks
A typical day consisted of - Data Entry Data Wipes, PC Deployment, Data Migrations, PC Inventory
Challenging and fullfilling career
Lead Quality Control Analyst & CAPA Administrator (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 20, 2014
Working in the disaster business is thrilling and adventurous. No natural disaster is the same & you are faced with different challenges daily. Not only is it a fast pace environment, but it requires being able to multi task in that fast pace.

Managing & analyzing quality control is detail oriented as well as demanding in the need for accuracy & efficiency. Meeting contractual obligations while still maintaining a budget is difficult but a rewarding challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping to rebuild lives after devastation. It can be trying, but is so fulfilling to know that what you do helps people in need.
ONE OF THE MOST RACIST COMPANIES I'VE EVER WORKED FOR
Buyer (Former Employee), NEW YORK, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: i found no pros working for this company
Cons: racist, discriminatory, nepotism, no room for advancement, unqualified management
Most of the employees in Corporate Purchasing, Materials Management and Procurement Card were friends of the V.P. with no experience. If it wasn't racial slurs by the director, it was degrading comments. One friend hired of the V.P. would come in early, go through everyone's desks and paperwork, eavesdrop on conversations and report back to the V.P. The V.P. made up titles for her friends with no real job responsibilities and lied about their credentials. Some of them were promoted 2-3 times within a two-year period.

In the morning, they would be out smoking cigarettes, at the gym or out having breakfast.

(FACT) At every level in the department, all the salaries of the caucasian employees were higher than the African American employees.

Once the V.P. realized how import the positions we held in Purchasing were, she moved some of us to other departments of lesser importance or designated an overseer to watch our every move. She also removed us from any outside representation of the company and would send caucasian employees in our place.

Although we were degreed individuals, she would have all our emails and correspondence checked for grammar and her and her closest partner in crime has access to review all our emails.

I as a Senior buyer one of my responsibilities was suppose to be to travel abroad to implement an e-procurement system but was told after I was hired they decided against it because I has children (discrimination). The real reason was because one of the V.P.'s friends wanted to travel.

I filed a complaint with H.R. and the company's EEO, they never got back to me or returned my calls even after the HR person I filed the complaint with admitted they knew what was going on and that the department had a long history of discriminatory practices.

As a result, I was fired as well as other people of color. The department was eventually white-washed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees – Read more

Parsons Brinckerhoff Photos

Parsons Brinckerhoff staff in our Lancaster, Pennsylvania, office.