Parmalat Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Very Challenging Work & Great Team Environment
SAP/Oracle Database Administrator Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
I worked with a great infrastructure team - the best co-workers I have ever worked with. Never a chance to get bored as the pace of change was quick. A great learning opportunity for anyone who was willing to work hard and smart.
Pros
Great social activities organized by social club. Complimentary coffee, milk, yogurt and other products.
Cons
Negativity emanating from senior management led to low morale among the employees.
Very fast paced environment with alot of responsibilites
Customer service/telemarking/route acct.clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 5, 2016
A typical day of work was calling clients,and receiving clients orders,and the odd complaint.
We learned how to work very fast in solving customer complaints,and processing orders,
Management was not always there,as we were understaffed,and management was overworked.
The hardest part of the job was trying to fulfill all of our orders within the 7 hour work day,including complaints,quality customer service.and processing all the orders.
The most enjoyable day was when the computer was working well with no slowdowns,the staff were all on time,people were smiling,and most of all,the customers were happy.
Pros
An actual full lunch hour/and or break when needed
Cons
missing /and or late employees, employees taking too luch leisure time
Worst place I ever worked at
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2016
People are unprofessional, scheming and will stop at nothing to sabotage each other for any advancement at all. Supervisors will blatantly favor their senior "buddies" with every single opportunities and let the new hires deal with the worst assignment and equipment.

The job only becomes tolerable after working there 20 years, when you are the one getting the favors. Do not even consider working there as a student.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
abusive supervisors and coworkers, terrible work conditions
Customer service
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 23, 2016
FYI if you will be sick for more than one day consider your position terminated. Poorly managed, does not support staff and no chance for growth. Worst company
Pros
Cons
Management lack of job security
Great summer employment.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 3, 2016
A great place to work. Fast pace, great people, great management. This company has taught me more about myself. The hardest part would be the hours, but the best part would be the employees I work alongside.
Great production plant to work in
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 15, 2013
Team work, line work packing and processing orders for customers.
Pros
great benefits over all great place to work
Cons
i relocated for husbands career forcing me to leave this company
Poor Employee Morale
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2015
Lack of knowledgeable and approachable management team. Poor working culture & decreased employee morale. No room to move up in company. Lots of micromanagement.
Great job, but poorly managed
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at works consists of filling out major customers orders and or replenishment of stock, rotation of inventory, along with depending on workload, loading/unloading of trailers and or receiving of inventory. I've learned other skills in different areas of the plant including the dry goods receiving area as well as working in the production area of the plant handing and setting up of product, material and ingredients. Management on the other hand has room for improvement its not quite as fair throughout the plant and poorly managed staff leads to unfortunate issues that aren't addressed effectively. Most of the workers are great and daily efforts to accomplish workload is done mostly with ease and teamwork. The hardest part would be the lack of effort with a few employees that lead to low moral throughout the crew. The best part is the security and the feeling of comfort at the fact that its not so rigid as most factory warehouse employers.
Pros
decent pay with fairly easy work
Cons
poor management
Factory where there is a lot one can learn
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
As a material handler, I deliver large amounts of dairy products by forklift in a safe and timely fashion. I ensure that labels and product are correct and meet company standards. Within the fast-paced environment, I have learned to pay attention to detail. I started working at Parmalat after my second year of university as a Packer. I showed dedication by acquiring my forklift license as I wanted to embark on a new challenge. My co-workers have plenty of experience and have taught me a lot. Now, I train new employees how to do their job in a safe and efficient way.
Pros
great management, wise and experienced co-workers, great hours, challenging, fact paced
Decent workplace with little growth opportunities.
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Typical day at work includes, checking emails, managing projects, leading cross-functional teams, product development, creating creative ads for flyers and magazines, recommending short and long term business opportunities for the company.
Cons
extremely long hours, no appreciation for your work
the worst place i ever worked.....
Forklift Operator - Raymond Reach - Endrider - BT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
the pay was great but everything else was the worst.... i walked away from that VERY RACIST PLACE
Good organization with a sincere consideration for employee
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2012
Busy and full of energy days
i learned excellent management skills, hands-on SAP
excellent co-workers
most enjoyable part of the job was completing assignments on time
Pros
flexible hours
Not a good atmospher
Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 2, 2013
Poorly run, hours were long the shifts were terrible, management was hard to work with
Wonderfull opertunity to interact with all types of people
AREA SALES MANAGER, SOUTH-WESTERN ONTARIO SALES (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Each day different.

Learned to listen to peoples needs.

enjoyed other peoples point of veiw

Hard to bridge the gap at times

Enjoyed meetings
Great People
Credit Representative / Account Reconciler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2014
Great people and good amount of work to keep you challenged. Management was easy to deal with and were always
Productive and fun
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Laval, B5October 20, 2014
Very enjoyable workplace. Ambiance of the company was very positive.
Productive and fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AlbertaMarch 18, 2012
Great place to work with great people. very repeditive work everyday. im not a huge fan of working in the dairy industry.
Pros
work four days a week
Cons
handling food all day
Stimulating environment, given a lot of responsibility
Accounts Payable and Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioJanuary 12, 2013
- trained new students in the accounting system
- participated in the digitization of the accounting system
Pleasant working environment and working conditions
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaNovember 23, 2012
Enjoyed my work.Friendly co workers. Gained plenty of experience over the years
bon salaire et avantage sociaux
chauffeur poids lourd (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 18, 2015
Faire des livraisons de produits laitiers directement dans de super marchés dans des semi-remorques. S'assurer de faire une vérification du véhicule avant départ, vérifier le contenu de la semi-remorque. Chez le client, je devais procéder au déchargement, vérifier les quantités, reprendre les retours et procéder à la facturation à l'aide d'ordinateur portatif. L'aspect agréable du travail de mon travail était la qualité des équipements (camions, remorques et transpalettes) et le côté moins agréable était la composition avec la circulation intense ainsi que l'affectation des livraisons dans des endroits étroits.
Pros
bonnes équipements
Cons
horaires atypiques