The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day production operations at the plant facility including pro-actively conducting root-cause analysis and correcting operating issues and employee activities. The position is responsible for ensuring a safe operation, key targets and results are achieved, and effective management of resources, as well as identifying and leading continuous improvement initiatives, and scheduling related services to help ensure production objectives are met.
Critical Success Factors
- Provide leadership in driving strong health and safety performance through due diligence, training, audits, communication and education, and root cause analysis of incidents. Where necessary, take corrective action to address unsafe situations and employee behaviours, uphold Parmalat's cardinal and other safety rules and procedures, and communicate with appropriate resources to address any hazardous conditions or unsafe employee conduct.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff by providing work direction, performance feedback, and recommendations for training and development. Promote a positive labour-management relationship, including efforts to continuously improve the team culture and to establish high levels of employee involvement.
- Support operation of the production departments/teams to ensure that quantitative and qualitative measures included in the operating plan are met, including those related to standard costs, cost reductions, productivity, health and safety, GMP, sanitation, customer satisfaction, production scheduling, staffing and capital/technological improvement plans.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's corporate and legal obligations under the Collective Agreement, as well as various statues and regulations such as the Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- College diploma or University degree and/or minimum 3 years of experience as a supervisor and/or providing leadership to production teams in dairy or related food or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making skills
- Strong team facilitation/leadership skills and commitment to employee development and continuous improvement methodologies
Indeed - 10 months ago