The Manager, DSD Planning is responsible for gathering data and conducting analysis to assist with finding the most cost efficient use of distribution network / resources to carry out the direct store delivery (DSD) business in Western Canada, and participate in other regions of Canada. Additionally, participate in fleet management and analysis.
Critical Success areas include:
- Assist team in optimisation of routing across the western fluid and culture DSD operations.
- Conduct monthly analysis and reviews of distribution network and recommend adjustments to improve overall efficiency of the system.
- Participate/lead in DSD network reviews in various regions in order to identify and implement opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings.
- Lead the team when implementing changes to route structure, and designing DSD model for all new business to assimilate into current structure.
- Participate in budgeting by providing input on annual budgeting and preparing monthly analysis and explanations on budget variances for DSD.
- Develop and monitor service provider scorecards and take corrective action where necessary.
- Coverage for Distribution Coordinator and DSD manager.
- Other distribution or warehouse related duties as required.
- Take leadership of assigned projects and bring to completion within set timelines.
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- University degree in a related discipline such as transportation, warehousing and distribution, or a combination of education and experience
- PLog or CITT designation an asset
- Minimum five (5) years of distribution experience
- Excellent analytic and project management skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Microsoft Office products including Excel and Access, and SAP
- Knowledge of routing software and Microsoft Map Point an asset
- Highly developed communication skills with ability to successfully influence and negotiate
- Ability to lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams
- Results driven with a focus on creative solutions
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
Indeed - 18 months ago
With over 120 years of brand heritage in the Canadian dairy industry, Parmalat Canada is committed to the health and wellness of Canadians...