Parkland Fuel Corporation

Parkland Fuel Corporation Employee Reviews

Very demanding and hectic work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Always lots to do and a lot of people running around trying to get others to do something. A little uncoordinated, given the size of the company. Good summer hours program and rewarding projects.
Pros
Summer work hours
Good place to work!
Graphic Designer/Mktg (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 January 2017
Good salary, not sure about management, good company overall, all drinks coffees, pops, supplies where included while working there, as well sandwiches. I enjoyed board meetings. There is always something interesting happening. There was no pressure from management, very easy going environment. Professional.
Changing.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande prairie24 December 2016
Parkland is a good place for people wanting to advance. If you are able to relocate you will have lots of opportunity. If you get hired get to know the perks. Be used to change because the company is always looking for new ideas and technology. Seasonal workloads can be demanding so be prepared to have a busy and a slow season. Good benefits, salary and share match program.
Pros
Coworkers. Programs. Opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Changing culture. Seasonal demands. Need to enjoy change.
Stay far away!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 November 2016
Would not recommend working here. Management is disorganized. There is no structure or follow through. Expectations will not be met as they do not have the staff or equipment to properly do the job. Equipment is dated and constantly breaking down. Employees are not given the tools to do their jobs properly resulting in poor customer service.
Pros
Friendly staff/Co-workers
Cons
Disorganization, No follow through, Poor Management
Worked for them for six years.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB24 July 2016
Relay bad communication and favoritism. Rarely got a thank you for long hrs away working. Great job for a single person with no life cause they can fallow a simple schedule and don't care about thier drivers. Best job I ever quit lol the manager was a jerk.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor comminications and no advancement opportunities
Enjoying it so far
Full time employment (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 May 2016
Parkland has been good to us since taking over our business. The west teams are striving to make us feel like part of the Parkland family overall. We have been with them for a year and positives are visible. They are trying to promote a good balance between retail east and west and it looks like it is working to me. There are some nerve racking days but for the most part even since the sale I feel my job is pretty secure.
Pros
Great HR presence, open communication
Cons
Meetings, many many meetings
love my work and enjoy a lot.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 April 2016
My every day is typical I enjoy my work very mutch.Customer daily gives me a new tip about my services due to a friendly relation with them.
I learn how to satisfied customers with your good behaviour,smile and greetings as your dress.
No co-worker (Feel very guilty when guys drive off).
It is quite difficult only one person deal cash register,lottery,facing and clean the store.
Engage customer inform about trade deals and increase the size of their basket is most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Consider the Sailery of employes.
Cons
Its difficult to menage store by one person.
Management....that is all
Worker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 December 2015
Great team. Good yard guys and co workers. Even from other branches. But the management is horrible!!! To say the least. And zero organization. Every day to day active has to go threw management. Anything need to be ordered has to go to the manager. Nothing gets done. Its more of a joke then job. Good luck...you'll need it
Pros
Wage
Cons
Useless management
tough place to be, especially if you are good at your job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  AB27 November 2015
This place burns through good people like a fireplace burns through wood. Company uses people up in order to get through the most recent acquisition, then simply starts on the next. They talk the talk about employee engagement, but don't follow through with commitments.
Desirable company that doesn't support their employees
Finance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer16 August 2015
Complete lack of support for employees. Team building and cohesion are not in place. Focus is on profit and sales instead of employee morale and effective communication.

Lacks integrity.
Great Place
Fleet Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 July 2015
Parkland Fuel Corporation is a great place to work.
deal with e-mails, phone calls and lots of trucks.
Most enjoyable was the appriciation that I have recieved from working here.
Parkland horrible place to work
Branch admin (Current Employee) –  grande prairie18 January 2015
parkland is a horrible place to work, bad management, horrible raises, they have no lenient for there employees and they fire u for stupid stuff. Lots of employees quiting!
Routine
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 October 2014
Working has pros and cons, typical start is supporting operations remotely and when in office various duties include monitoring servers, processing files, supporting tickets, maintaining database systems, development as per requirement
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Un-communicated expectation
Great place to work if you are career orientated. Large company
Project Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta2 October 2012
Wages - above average
Lots of changes last year of employment.

Lots of great people

Cubilcal environment
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
big company - social aspect hard (feeling like a number not a person)

2.9