Parkland Fuel Corporation Employee Reviews

Working with IT team is fun and productive work. Flexibility with Responsibility
ERP Sustainment Manager. (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 August 2017
It is great to work in IT team at Parkland. It is fun and productive work. Team is really help each other, with Flexibility and Responsibility. Management is very supportive to the positive change in culture.
Pros
Flexibility, Information Sharing. Work life Balance.
Cons
Lots of Work, though it is not a con, it is opportunity.
Overall a great place to be
Commercial Fuels Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC18 August 2017
Lots of room for advancement.
Strong support group with very skilled individuals.
Fair compensation packages.
A strong safety mindset.
I like the Share Purchase Plan.
I like the people.
I like the job.
Pros
well structered. strong customer base oriented.
Cons
sometimes operating a bit too much on the lean side in some areas
Poor mangament
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 August 2017
All the management wanted was to make money the customer does not matter to them... I believe in good customer service... they do not give u any feed back unless it is negative...if a lot of coffee has to be thrown out an email would go out about wasting money
Pros
Cons
Poor manegment
Stay away from edmonton branch
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
Good company just stay away from Edmonton branch. You will work a few days than no work so stay home.

Edmonton branch manager and dispatcher say "drivers are dime a dozen " and we get new drivers to replace anyone who anytime.

Due to bad management all the senior drivers quit in the last 2 months.

As driver no matter what happens you will be blamed
...
Cons
Low pay and few hours .
Great people, positive and progressive company. Great coworkers, great training, HSE, and leadership.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  BC27 June 2017
I thoroughly enjoy my job and look forward coming to work everyday. We have a great staff, satisfied customers and offer a lot of cross training and developmental training for our staff. For a such a large corporation the company has a small business/family feel and a lot of support available. We love to set our staff up to be successful by providing on the job training and support. Great benefits, employee share program and very stable company. If you have drive, a positive attitude and work hard you will thrive. I highly recommend Parkland as a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Lots of work, recoginition for hard work, excellent Safety program
Great Place to Work!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 June 2017
Parkland is great place to work.

The organization is growing rapidly! Due to the growth there are lots of learning opportunities.

The benefit and employee share purchase plan that they offer full-time employees is great.
Pros
Good Benefits, National company that is growing
Fast Paced and Enjoyable
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2017
I really enjoyed working for Parkland Fuel. The people were great and the work was sometimes challenging. The position was fast paced and always busy.
Not a great place!
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 April 2017
Worked here too long already!. Petty jealousies and favoritism galore! Tons of talk about employee engagement and what a value everybody is - no effort made to do this!! Parkland is all about the money - no employee appreciation at all! Buy this company and that company but they never cared about the employees doing the work!
I seen this from every department - Managers were just kissing the butt above and not caring about the minions doing the work. Extremely high year one turnover rate. If you like to work like a minion robot than this is the place for you.
Pros
regular pay cheque
Great Benefits, Growing Company
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
Great Benefits and overall culture. Growing company so things change fast and furious. Each acquisition means a change to procedures and increased workload. They are adding employees as fast as required for this purpose.
Pros
Benefits good, great atmosphere
Cons
Can be long hours in accounting positions.
Progressive and Aggressive Groth Model.
Retail Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Grow Supply Operate under a progressive SLT and Leadership Group. You have to be very versatile and flexable to work Parkland There is never a normal or given gauge to relay on. Expect the unexpected on a month to month basis, Mergers aquisitions, small company buy outs training and updates quarterly were a must. A very lucritive fair employee share plan. Great people to work with in the field started out as a family business. I made long lasting relationships at Parkland. Hardest part was work life family balance, in the demands of managing two Provinces in the retail Fuel supply and formal agreement structure.
Pros
compensations vehicles, Emplyee share and stock optons.
Cons
unhappy customers, immediate reaction time.
Oil "People"
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 January 2017
This company only cares about the minion-minded. You must fit into their corporate puzzle..education and experience do not help. Upon leaving...and you will...they force you to sign an agreement stating you will not communicate with their employees or bad-mouth the company. That alone tells me that they are used to it.
Good place to work!
Graphic Designer/Mktg (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 January 2017
Good salary, not sure about management, good company overall, all drinks coffees, pops, supplies where included while working there, as well sandwiches. I enjoyed board meetings. There is always something interesting happening. There was no pressure from management, very easy going environment. Professional.
Changing.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande prairie24 December 2016
Parkland is a good place for people wanting to advance. If you are able to relocate you will have lots of opportunity. If you get hired get to know the perks. Be used to change because the company is always looking for new ideas and technology. Seasonal workloads can be demanding so be prepared to have a busy and a slow season. Good benefits, salary and share match program.
Pros
Coworkers. Programs. Opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Changing culture. Seasonal demands. Need to enjoy change.
Stay far away!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 November 2016
Would not recommend working here. Management is disorganized. There is no structure or follow through. Expectations will not be met as they do not have the staff or equipment to properly do the job. Equipment is dated and constantly breaking down. Employees are not given the tools to do their jobs properly resulting in poor customer service.
Pros
Friendly staff/Co-workers
Cons
Disorganization, No follow through, Poor Management
Worked for them for six years.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB24 July 2016
Relay bad communication and favoritism. Rarely got a thank you for long hrs away working. Great job for a single person with no life cause they can fallow a simple schedule and don't care about thier drivers. Best job I ever quit lol the manager was a jerk.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor comminications and no advancement opportunities
Enjoying it so far
Full time employment (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 May 2016
Parkland has been good to us since taking over our business. The west teams are striving to make us feel like part of the Parkland family overall. We have been with them for a year and positives are visible. They are trying to promote a good balance between retail east and west and it looks like it is working to me. There are some nerve racking days but for the most part even since the sale I feel my job is pretty secure.
Pros
Great HR presence, open communication
Cons
Meetings, many many meetings
love my work and enjoy a lot.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 April 2016
My every day is typical I enjoy my work very mutch.Customer daily gives me a new tip about my services due to a friendly relation with them.
I learn how to satisfied customers with your good behaviour,smile and greetings as your dress.
No co-worker (Feel very guilty when guys drive off).
It is quite difficult only one person deal cash register,lottery,facing and clean the store.
Engage customer inform about trade deals and increase the size of their basket is most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Consider the Sailery of employes.
Cons
Its difficult to menage store by one person.
Management....that is all
Worker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 December 2015
Great team. Good yard guys and co workers. Even from other branches. But the management is horrible!!! To say the least. And zero organization. Every day to day active has to go threw management. Anything need to be ordered has to go to the manager. Nothing gets done. Its more of a joke then job. Good luck...you'll need it
Pros
Wage
Cons
Useless management
tough place to be, especially if you are good at your job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  AB27 November 2015
This place burns through good people like a fireplace burns through wood. Company uses people up in order to get through the most recent acquisition, then simply starts on the next. They talk the talk about employee engagement, but don't follow through with commitments.
Desirable company that doesn't support their employees
Finance (Former Employee) –  Red Deer16 August 2015
Complete lack of support for employees. Team building and cohesion are not in place. Focus is on profit and sales instead of employee morale and effective communication.

Lacks integrity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkland Fuel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6