SAFETY CODES OFFICER
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in the Planning & Development Services Department for a Safety Codes Officer (Building Inspector). Reporting to the Manager, Planning & Development Services Department, the Safety Codes Officer (Building Inspector) examines building plans, inspects buildings under construction and issues permits for residential buildings in compliance with the Alberta Building Code, referenced standards and associated regulations for elements of public safety governed under the Safety Codes Act and other regulations for the protection and safety of the public. These activities are undertaken under the direction and mentorship of the Senior Safety Codes Officer (Building Inspector).
- Must meet the prequalification educational and relevant experience requirements for Building Code discipline as prescribed by the Alberta Safety Codes Council.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have a Journeyman Trade Certification with three (3) years of relevant experience or certified Architectural, Construction/ Mechanical Engineering Technologist with three (3) years relevant experience in building construction, or an architect or professional engineer (civil or mechanical) with three (3) years relevant experience after degree in the building construction industry.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License. A current Driver’s Abstract must be provided.
Competition Number: 14-18IN
Rate of Pay: $68,689 to $85,845 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, May 2, 2014 at 4:30pm
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Days Off Program
Further information concerning this position can be obtained by calling Paul Hanlan, Manager, Planning & Development Services Department at 780-968-8439.
- Interested candidates are invited to forward their application/resume, quoting the Competition Number, to: Human Resources, Parkland County, 53109A HWY 779, Parkland County, AB T7Z 1R1 or fax to 780-968-3232
- Please note that if you are applying by email, ensure that your resume is sent in either a Microsoft Word format (.doc/.docx), Rich Text Format (.rtf), or Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (.pdf).
- Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
- For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Indeed - 9 months ago
A robust and vibrant municipality, Parkland County offers a variety of choices and experiences for residents and visitors alike. With the...