Parker Hannifin

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Efficient
2nd Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterville, OHDecember 5, 2013
High stress work environment
Great company to work for
Competitive wages and benefits
Fast Paced and Challenging
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), BarnstapleDecember 5, 2013
Pros: parking, canteen, bonus
Cons: very long hours often required
Fast paced, challenging but rewarding. A growing business, which trades world wide and offers opportunities for the right people
Hardwork
Lead Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Lithia SpringsDecember 2, 2013
There are multiple challenges each day when working in manufacturing environment. I am faced with managing the staff more hands-on to accommodate quick changes in the volume and staffing throughout the day. One of my most challenging task throughout the day has been understanding the forecast of the orders as well as maintaining the budget for the department.

One – more... of the highlights of the job is seeing the satisfaction of the each person in the department after we have reached our goals. – less
Many opportunities to learn new jobs.
Production Laborer (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INDecember 2, 2013
Pros: flexible job, learned all of the different areas of the shop, i was a floater to different locations which made it nice to a different job when needed.
Cons: didn't see myself making it a career, very tough on my hands.
I would start off by going to my machine I was running, pull my orders for the day, get with my supervisor to see if there are any orders ahead of the ones I have already to get done first. Pull my parts from the stockroom and stamp them with the correct numbers needed on them.
Management was helpful.
Hardest part is when my machine would be down or – more... something would go wrong with it.
The most enjoyable was finishing all the orders needed for the day and starting on the next days orders ahead of time. – less
Friendly and fun to be there
Machinist (Former Employee), Farr West UtahNovember 27, 2013
Parker was a great place to work, it was always easy making it to work because the work crew made it so I wanted to be there, and be apart of the team.
Very educational experience in real-world engineering practices
Process Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee), Livingston, TNNovember 25, 2013
Fantastic Supervisor/Mentor. Taught me more than I would have ever expected in 1.5 years.
Intern at parker
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Otsego, MINovember 24, 2013
Working for parker has made me think out of the box i loved my internship there.
Great company, great potential
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: work culture
Parker Hannifin Stratoflex is a great company with a nice niche of product line, servicing industrial, aerospace/defense, etc. The difficulty here is having such great product and quality but taking to long to get it out the door. Must take care of the customer!
Good and bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wickliffe, OHNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits, hours, and pay
Cons: the environment seemed friendly, but condescending at the same time. i would not work for them again if i was offered a position.
This is a great company to work for, and the management is terrific. They treat their employees well. However, I cannot say the same for temporary employees. The training is not thorough and the trainers are impatient and unkind. They have gone through five temps in less than a year. I always received good feedback from my supervisor, so I was taken – more... aback when they ended my assignment. I felt mislead and deceived, as there was no indication that they were dissatisfied with my performance. – less
Was a fun place to work until Plant Manager changed.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), New Haven, INNovember 15, 2013
Pros: clean work enviroment
Cons: manadatory overtime. sometimes 7 days a week.
Great co- workers enjoyed learning new processes. Was able to most overtime if you wanted. Had good benifits.
Having Company Parties
Shipping Receiving, Assembly, Inventory (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 11, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: heathcare
It was a good typical day. I have learn how to work has a team player. Management was a good support team.The co-worker was great.Their was no hard part of the job.My co-worker work has a team and support one other.
Great place to start a career.
NDT Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great healthcare and competitive pay. parker takes care of their employees.
Cons: culture changes are needed.
Parker is a great place to start a young career. Just like any other large company, room to advance is dependent on hard work and the general age of the workforce. Parker-Hannifin has also shown a recent push to keep employees happy. Although a culture change is happening, there is still a tendency to react instead of using foresight to prevent problems.
produtive work place good co-workers
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Creedmoor, NCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: company lunches, family day and medical benifits
Cons: long hours
Steady work pace for 12 hrs. shift inspecting and packing of parts. While working for the company I learned different measurements and tools to use to ensure perfect size of the product. The management was like any other company firm but fair. The people on any of the shifts were helpful, friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job was the – more... hard floor made your feet ache. The most enjoyable part of the job was to have an night that the machines ran well. – less
people
Production, Inspection, Quality Control, Assembler (Former Employee), New Haven, INOctober 28, 2013
Pros: challenge
Cons: lost job due to lack of work
I enjoyed my job at Parker. I love a challenge. lost my job due to lack of work
Parker was a very satisfying work experience for me.
Product Development Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee), New Britain, CTOctober 22, 2013
• My typical day started off around 6:00, I started a few hours earlier because between 8:00 and 9:00 AM the alarms would start going off throughout the facility.
• I learned a lot about managing several projects at the same time, some long, some short.
• The management was all new people, and a little indecisive because of the experience level, but – more... all good people
• My co-workers were some of the hardest workers I know.
• The hardest part of the job always knew you had a ceiling over you, as they never seemed to promote from within.
• The most enjoyable part of the job was when I solved an issue and got a line back up and running, or figured out a way to use components that were already determined to be scrap. – less
X
CAD Designer I / Layout Designer (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 20, 2013
Pros: x
Cons: x
Not sure what to say. Good company to work for. Just did not provide the career i was looking for.
Excellent work environment.
Engineering Assistant (Customer Service) (Current Employee), Manitowoc, WIOctober 20, 2013
Customer Service - whatever it takes to not only satisfy the customer's expectations, I strive to EXCEED the customer's expectations. I personally set the bar extremely high!!
Productive, Punctual, Knowledgable, reliable, trustworthy
CNC Set-Up Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no serverane payed
A typical day for me included set up of multiple machines, manufacture different aerospace components. I learned multiple ways to figure out any issue that arises. I managed teams of employees at the same time while still keeping up with my work load. To me their was no hard part of my day because I love what I do and enjoy all of it.
piers are good to work with, nice and clean work enviromen
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), New Hope, MNOctober 16, 2013
start at 6:30 am and usually finished by 3:30 pm, I enjoy the hands on the equipment and the people I work with. The micro-management is the hardest thing to deal with.
Stable environment
IR&D and Product Design Engineer (Current Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 14, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits, great coworkers
Cons: long commute, bland type of work, bland facility
A typical day at work consists of managing several programs at varying states of qualification and production. Some are failing, some are in development, some require cost reduction and optimization. I've learned a great deal about document control, corporate communication, and exercised my existing skills in problem solving, idea development and marketing – more... of ideas. At the sight the management does it's job, at the corporate level the executives have great vision. The lab personnel are extremely proficient at their duties and have the work ethic of military being mostly former military. The engineering team, is sound academically but slightly lacks a large element of practicality and engineering wisdom and hence find themselves testing in circles and repeating failed attempts. The job itself is not hard at all, which is the hardest part of the job. It's hard to get motivated about ancillary products. The most enjoyable parts are the rare occasions one can get absorbed in problem solving, tinkering, prototyping, marketing, management of testing, inspiring production. – less

About Parker Hannifin

Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning – Read more