Parker Hannifin

Parker Hannifin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High Advancement opportunities.
Value Stream Team Leader (Current Employee), Manitowoc, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons: long hours and little guidance
Parker offers a great chance to learn and grow as a manager and advance quickly in the operations field. But it comes with a price, long hours and little guidance makes for a stressful work environment.
good management and supervisors
supervisor (Former Employee), otsego michiganMarch 7, 2014
Pros: excellent money good benefits
Cons: very hot in the summer
enjoyed very much learned blue prints and how to use calipers and other quality control tools for parts spec...learned lead roles..schedule making and setup of 65 machines
An excellent company
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 5, 2014
A very ethical company, great benefits, good pay and a superior safety record.
fun
General Laborer (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLMarch 3, 2014
it was a fun work place but management is real slow on handleing situatios
Loved it !
Department Lead (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2014
Pros: special events and celebrations through out the year. located very close to home.
Cons: todays competitive economy. life happens
I advanced my skills, knowledge, and put it all to good use. While continually making improvement by spearheaded projects, I had a very great working repore with my employees and management! I loved the open door policy, which made it easy to deal with all issues and new ideas! I could always count on management with their support when needed. My operators – more... never hesitated to ask questions and perform the tasked assigned to them. We were very team oriented. Accomplishing goals and then setting new ones! Soaring to continually keep the customers happy!

Unfortunately, my job was eliminated due to downsizing with todays economy and overseas competition. These are things that happen in life that can not be controlled.

With that being said................I am looking for a new home to be able to achieve world class productivity and have the same pride I did at Parker! – less
productive
Senior Data Specialist/Distribution -Publications (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 25, 2014
working for a big company was a great success for me because i was so young and i had just graduated from a 2 year college
as a junior accountant that was so great because i got hired right after i graduated from college, soon as i was 3 years working for
accounting as a account payable and account receivable i was promoted and i was the youngest of – more... the company i was only 21 and i was promoted to be in charge of 10 person in the department
that was the most enjoyable part of the job, i had many different
challanges in the company – less
A great company to work for.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: my job was moved to another state.
Very busy, quick pace. I was employed for almost 21 years. I enjoyed working with the customers. Had to be able to resolve any customer issues on the spot.
fun place to work
Assembly Leader (Former Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: dinners
Cons: raise
a typical day at parker was great I had so much fun and met a lot of people management was nice. my co workers was great we work very hard together
A mixed internship
Intern (Former Employee), Batesville, MSFebruary 15, 2014
Being an internship, of course there weren't opportunities for advancement before graduation or much compensation. My internship was extended to 2 years from one until budget caused my layoff so they had some flexibility and appreciation of my efforts.

The people were pleasant to work with and I was supported when I expanded my skills to take up CAD – more... drawing of production prints. Minor mechanical improvements were used by the toolsetters and my suggestions were seriously considered by engineers.

The production employees were enough set in their ways to make fixing problems in their habits very difficult. Perhaps that is why management and the engineering department have been replaced since I was there, trying to find leadership to take control of a marginally profitable plant. – less
Good Workplace
Buyer (Current Employee), Batesville, MSFebruary 14, 2014
The job is okay. Just interested in moving on to another facility.
Geat Experince
Machininst (Former Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 13, 2014
Fast pace production environment. Great full time production environment
Startup
Manufacturing Engineer / Project Support (Former Employee), Hollis, NHFebruary 11, 2014
Worked for a short period of time.
Cool product.
Work life balance was terrible
Productive and interest in succeeding
Deburring (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good administration
Cons: reduced space
A typical day at work would include meetings in the morning to encourage the workers. There was always harmony and cooperation between co-workers, never arguing or disagreements. The hardest part of the job was working on big manifolds since they were complicated and delicate parts to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch time because – more... we'd all get together to eat and talk about experiences in the job or in our life. – less
Market leader in its industry
Product Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Involved with technology transfer and development of the a new product line in the Americas
Excellent benefits, work/life balance was poor in a salary position.
Facility manager/support departments supervisor (Former Employee), Chetek, WIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: clean, organized safe work environment
Cons: poor work/life balance
Excellent work environment.
Internal training in lean was productive and helpful to meeting the bottom line.
Far too many non productive meetings causing long hours for managers and supervisors. Expectations for salaried employees was far above normal/reasonable expectations. This is a divisional issue as expectations and culture vary greatly between – more... divisions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with hourly employees, they truely cared about their performance and the performance of the company. – less
Fun and productive
Human Resources Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJanuary 29, 2014
Parker was a great place to work. The people where very welcoming.
Limited
Independent Business Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2014
Limited capabilities and opportunities for growth key in manageing distribution for the region and meet and exceed growth goals
Strong global player
Group Talent and Development Manager Europe (Current Employee), Based Hemel Hempstead - significant travelJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: varied role with opportunities work accross many cultures
Cons: long hours culture!
Parker is a global organisation with a strong HR culture embedded in the business. The company takes pride in its drive for empowerment and development activities and every day brings a different challenge.

The leadership are approachable and there are lots of opportunities for growth.
productive, easy money
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Eaton, OHJanuary 28, 2014
sit at work station, put parts together that have been thru the machines, make sure they pass and pack them
If you love machines and is real good with your hands, that's the place to work at for sure!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ALJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: lots of machines to deal with that teaches you different things.
Cons: concrete floors is a pain after standing long hrs on them. i say floor mats are highly needed
Parker Hannifin is a nice cool place to work. Pay is great and the hrs are nice as well. Job can be on the dirty side depending on the area you're in but all in all, well worth it and fun. People there are real cool and nice.

About Parker Hannifin

Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning – Read more