Parker Hannifin

Parker Hannifin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worked with some great people.
Production Lead (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: bonus checks every quarter and being a lead
Cons: management would not stand up for there employees.
started out the day putting everyone in the jobs they needed to do for the day, checked charts, checked production levels, went to my job for the day always varied where I was each day, wrote work orders when machines broke down, ran footage, checked production numbers every hour to make sure we were hitting goal, did paperwork at the end of the day, – more... then shift reports. I loved being a Lead at Parker Hannifin and loved the people that I worked with. – less
This was one of my Top Two Jobs I ever enjoyed
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: office politics
Typical work - cash application
learned various software convrsons
management was very easy to work with
coworkers were good team players
hardest part of the job was talking to "engineeres"
most enjoyable was dealing with both Military and Commercial airline accounts.
Great opportunity to experience real world engineering profession
Assist in development of lean production schedule (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 10, 2014
I've been an intern at Parker for about five months. Everyone from the management to the operators on the production floor is friendly. I've had the opportunity to step up from book and classwork knowledge to an actual business where decisions have real consequences and efforts have more tangible results. It's been a great learning experience.
HR duties for Chas Plant
Human Resource Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: large company with good benefits
Cons: large company with headquarters in another state
Handled all HR, benefits, worker's compensation and safety for a workforce of 45 employees.

Enjoyed working with all the employees in a different environment for welders. Most welders work in a dirty environment but at this plant all work was done in a clean environment due to product produced.

Hardest part is working for a global company with headquarters – more... in another state with different laws and culture. – less
Great friendly work environment
Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 31, 2013
I learned a lot during my internship with Parker. The people there are friendly and helpful. They will assist you in reaching your goals and provide a great learning experience.
Pleasant, Professional
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Mayfield Hts, OHDecember 15, 2013
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: only being temp.
Keying invoices for payment, calling for EFT set up, Quality checking scanned documents. Learned a new accounts Payable system. Enjoy management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job is it is only temp.
Inside Sales Correspondent (Former Employee), Richland, MIDecember 14, 2013
Awesome benefits, good training programs & good people. plenty of opportunity to grow or advancement.
Excellent company, employees, and work environment.
Market Development Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 9, 2013
Excellent company, employees, and work environment. I would highly recommend this company to any potential position candidates.
Good management and co-workers
Engineer (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILDecember 8, 2013
Good management and co-workers. Not a lot of room for advancement if you don't make yourself available to transfer from division to division.
Productive and Efficient
2nd Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterville, OHDecember 5, 2013
High stress work environment
Great company to work for
Competitive wages and benefits
Fast Paced and Challenging
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), BarnstapleDecember 5, 2013
Pros: parking, canteen, bonus
Cons: very long hours often required
Fast paced, challenging but rewarding. A growing business, which trades world wide and offers opportunities for the right people
Hardwork
Lead Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Lithia SpringsDecember 2, 2013
There are multiple challenges each day when working in manufacturing environment. I am faced with managing the staff more hands-on to accommodate quick changes in the volume and staffing throughout the day. One of my most challenging task throughout the day has been understanding the forecast of the orders as well as maintaining the budget for the department.

One – more... of the highlights of the job is seeing the satisfaction of the each person in the department after we have reached our goals. – less
Many opportunities to learn new jobs.
Production Laborer (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INDecember 2, 2013
Pros: flexible job, learned all of the different areas of the shop, i was a floater to different locations which made it nice to a different job when needed.
Cons: didn't see myself making it a career, very tough on my hands.
I would start off by going to my machine I was running, pull my orders for the day, get with my supervisor to see if there are any orders ahead of the ones I have already to get done first. Pull my parts from the stockroom and stamp them with the correct numbers needed on them.
Management was helpful.
Hardest part is when my machine would be down or – more... something would go wrong with it.
The most enjoyable was finishing all the orders needed for the day and starting on the next days orders ahead of time. – less
Friendly and fun to be there
Machinist (Former Employee), Farr West UtahNovember 27, 2013
Parker was a great place to work, it was always easy making it to work because the work crew made it so I wanted to be there, and be apart of the team.
Very educational experience in real-world engineering practices
Process Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee), Livingston, TNNovember 25, 2013
Fantastic Supervisor/Mentor. Taught me more than I would have ever expected in 1.5 years.
Intern at parker
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Otsego, MINovember 24, 2013
Working for parker has made me think out of the box i loved my internship there.
Great company, great potential
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: work culture
Parker Hannifin Stratoflex is a great company with a nice niche of product line, servicing industrial, aerospace/defense, etc. The difficulty here is having such great product and quality but taking to long to get it out the door. Must take care of the customer!
Good and bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wickliffe, OHNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits, hours, and pay
Cons: the environment seemed friendly, but condescending at the same time. i would not work for them again if i was offered a position.
This is a great company to work for, and the management is terrific. They treat their employees well. However, I cannot say the same for temporary employees. The training is not thorough and the trainers are impatient and unkind. They have gone through five temps in less than a year. I always received good feedback from my supervisor, so I was taken – more... aback when they ended my assignment. I felt mislead and deceived, as there was no indication that they were dissatisfied with my performance. – less
Was a fun place to work until Plant Manager changed.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), New Haven, INNovember 15, 2013
Pros: clean work enviroment
Cons: manadatory overtime. sometimes 7 days a week.
Great co- workers enjoyed learning new processes. Was able to most overtime if you wanted. Had good benifits.
Having Company Parties
Shipping Receiving, Assembly, Inventory (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 11, 2013
Pros: lunch
Cons: heathcare
It was a good typical day. I have learn how to work has a team player. Management was a good support team.The co-worker was great.Their was no hard part of the job.My co-worker work has a team and support one other.

About Parker Hannifin

Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning – Read more