Parker Hannifin

Parker Hannifin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Family orientated, very close, committed,
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Manitowoc, WIApril 2, 2014
Pros: laid back, every got along, teamwork
Cons: promotions, small company
* Involved with Daily Production
* Daily Attendance
* Just started working with Lean, new to company
* Implemented all OSHA Safety Programs, Training and Meetings
* Worked with Production Manager daily with Production and Projects
* Was new to company and short term, I was still training in each of the areas to understand operations
I learned how to better treat employees
Manual and CNC Lathe Machinist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 31, 2014
Because of poor management, I was able to better serve my employees as a supervisor. I was mistreated along with coworkers. Due to mismanagement, I became a better employee and supervisor for other employers.
Do nothing management, double standard management, lazy management
Engineer (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCMarch 29, 2014
Pros: heath benefits are fair
Cons: bad lazy management, hostile work environment, production folks waste time texting on phone playing videos games
Hostile work environment. Supervisors and managers allowed to yell at and intimidate engineers and workers. Management have their little clicks. If you are in the click you are good. Managers and supervisor support each other in a non-spoken code I got your back and I will not let you fail even when you made the mistake or wrong decision. So when an – more... associate disagrees then the management circle the wagons and start the intimidation tactics of workers and engineers. Management does nothing to solve problems, just blames engineers. Managers are good at assigning, blaming and loading up work on coworkers/engineers. Unfair when given out bonus shares, saying you have to do something special, but giving others shares just for showing up, the click factor and used as hostility towards those that management dislikes. – less
The work was'nt bad but I did not enjoy the hours.
An assembly line worker (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, inMarch 25, 2014
Pros: profit sharing.
Cons: hours, worked third shift
This was an assembly line type of job.Piece work. Fast pace from brginning to end.
Unproductive workplace with no advancement oppotunity
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Morton, ILMarch 22, 2014
Originally owned by a Canadian company. Parker had just recently bought out this company before I left. While I was there management seemed to be in disarray. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Corporate Environment
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPMarch 17, 2014
Pros: geographically and finanically suitable
Cons: staff don't have boss' foresight
A strong superior with great future prospects. Flat structure, located in East Rand, international concern, international support.
I was only Temporary till Jan. 1 cause of fiscal cliff
Assembler/tester/builder (Former Employee), Avon,ohioMarch 16, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, nice 8 hour work day, pay(if i would have gotten hired in)
Cons: senseless drama between people there
Great place to work if i would have gotten hired in. Very nice place air conditioned and heat very relaxed. I read blueprints and assembled airplane wheels and brakes.
High Advancement opportunities.
Value Stream Team Leader (Current Employee), Manitowoc, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons: long hours and little guidance
Parker offers a great chance to learn and grow as a manager and advance quickly in the operations field. But it comes with a price, long hours and little guidance makes for a stressful work environment.
good management and supervisors
supervisor (Former Employee), otsego michiganMarch 7, 2014
Pros: excellent money good benefits
Cons: very hot in the summer
enjoyed very much learned blue prints and how to use calipers and other quality control tools for parts spec...learned lead roles..schedule making and setup of 65 machines
An excellent company
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 5, 2014
A very ethical company, great benefits, good pay and a superior safety record.
fun
General Laborer (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLMarch 3, 2014
it was a fun work place but management is real slow on handleing situatios
Loved it !
Department Lead (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2014
Pros: special events and celebrations through out the year. located very close to home.
Cons: todays competitive economy. life happens
I advanced my skills, knowledge, and put it all to good use. While continually making improvement by spearheaded projects, I had a very great working repore with my employees and management! I loved the open door policy, which made it easy to deal with all issues and new ideas! I could always count on management with their support when needed. My operators – more... never hesitated to ask questions and perform the tasked assigned to them. We were very team oriented. Accomplishing goals and then setting new ones! Soaring to continually keep the customers happy!

Unfortunately, my job was eliminated due to downsizing with todays economy and overseas competition. These are things that happen in life that can not be controlled.

With that being said................I am looking for a new home to be able to achieve world class productivity and have the same pride I did at Parker! – less
productive
Senior Data Specialist/Distribution -Publications (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 25, 2014
working for a big company was a great success for me because i was so young and i had just graduated from a 2 year college
as a junior accountant that was so great because i got hired right after i graduated from college, soon as i was 3 years working for
accounting as a account payable and account receivable i was promoted and i was the youngest of – more... the company i was only 21 and i was promoted to be in charge of 10 person in the department
that was the most enjoyable part of the job, i had many different
challanges in the company – less
A great company to work for.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: my job was moved to another state.
Very busy, quick pace. I was employed for almost 21 years. I enjoyed working with the customers. Had to be able to resolve any customer issues on the spot.
fun place to work
Assembly Leader (Former Employee), Merrillville, INFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: dinners
Cons: raise
a typical day at parker was great I had so much fun and met a lot of people management was nice. my co workers was great we work very hard together
A mixed internship
Intern (Former Employee), Batesville, MSFebruary 15, 2014
Being an internship, of course there weren't opportunities for advancement before graduation or much compensation. My internship was extended to 2 years from one until budget caused my layoff so they had some flexibility and appreciation of my efforts.

The people were pleasant to work with and I was supported when I expanded my skills to take up CAD – more... drawing of production prints. Minor mechanical improvements were used by the toolsetters and my suggestions were seriously considered by engineers.

The production employees were enough set in their ways to make fixing problems in their habits very difficult. Perhaps that is why management and the engineering department have been replaced since I was there, trying to find leadership to take control of a marginally profitable plant. – less
Good Workplace
Buyer (Current Employee), Batesville, MSFebruary 14, 2014
The job is okay. Just interested in moving on to another facility.
Geat Experince
Machininst (Former Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 13, 2014
Fast pace production environment. Great full time production environment
Startup
Manufacturing Engineer / Project Support (Former Employee), Hollis, NHFebruary 11, 2014
Worked for a short period of time.
Cool product.
Work life balance was terrible
Productive and interest in succeeding
Deburring (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good administration
Cons: reduced space
A typical day at work would include meetings in the morning to encourage the workers. There was always harmony and cooperation between co-workers, never arguing or disagreements. The hardest part of the job was working on big manifolds since they were complicated and delicate parts to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch time because – more... we'd all get together to eat and talk about experiences in the job or in our life. – less

About Parker Hannifin

Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning – Read more