Parkdale Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Meaningful work
Dental Assistant Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2015
Love my work, and the people that I work with. The job is challenging, but the work is meaningful making it all worthwhile. It is a learning environment, and everyone respect each other. There are good days as there are bad days, but at the end of the day we all learn from the experiences, and we know our work makes a difference in other people's lives.
Generous job training and amazing work environment!
Student Intern. / Medical Reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
Parkdale Community Health is an invigorating work environment. The staff is very involved in community events. The management team at PCH are friendly, understanding and patient people. PCH has a kitchen area and break room. The staff washrooms are modern and very clean. The diverse clients streamed in all day and shifts typically start at 7-8am ending at 5-6pm. Hardest part of the job is identifying and dealing with aggressive clients especially during walk-in clinic hours. At PCH I enjoyed many things! My co-workers where all nurturing and fun. I enjoyed leaning how to use Purkinje software and medical filing systems. Most of all I enjoyed registering newly Canadian patients and explaining to them the benefits of Ontario health insurance coverage and all the city of Toronto funded programs available to them now. Overall its a great environment full of good people dedicated making positive changes in the Parkdale community.
Pros
Everything!
Very Good Environment
Medical Secretary / Reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2012
A typical work day can sometimes be predictable. Great co-workers, and the hardest part was to leave at the end of my contract. I enjoyed working close to home at that time. My manager was very supportive and helpful in difficult situations. I leaned a lot about cultures.