Utility Clerk (Part Time) – Parkland Village
Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc. (“Parkbridge”) is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential land lease communities, recreational resorts and marinas. Our overriding mandate is to make residential and recreational communities affordable, yet exceptional.
Established in 1998, Parkbridge’s portfolio has grown significantly from two original properties with 650 sites. In early 2013, the company surpassed the milestone of 100 properties with over 27,500 operational and potential expansion sites. As a clear testament to the rising popularity of land lease for a growing number of people, our communities are found all across Canada.
Previously a public company, Parkbridge was purchased in January 2011 by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), one of the largest institutional investors in Canada, with over $90 billion in assets under management, ushering in a new era of dynamic growth and leadership.
With extremely high occupancy levels, a great portfolio of assets, favorable demographics, strong financial fundamentals, and access to substantial capital, the company is well positioned for significant growth organically and through acquisitions.
It is the goal of Parkbridge to provide every resident with a secure, safe, enjoyable, attractive and well-maintained Community. In pursuit of this goal we are currently recruiting for Utility Clerk for our Parkland Village location in Spruce Grove, Alberta.
- On a monthly basis conduct meter readings from each home in the community
- Process monthly water invoices to residents
- Assist the Office Administrator in collecting rent and other accounts receivable
- In the absence of the Office Administrator, ensure that daily closeout, daily deposits and filing monthly reports to the Community Manager are completed
- Process Community Enhancement inspections as directed by the Community Manager
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clean background check required
- 1 -2 years experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform work out doors year round is essential
- Ability to work full time hours approximately one week a month and part time hours the remaining weeks in the month.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
- General mathematical and budgeting skills.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Oral & written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment Criminal and Credit Background Check
Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Applications for this position will be kept on file for up to 6 months and may be considered for other positions within Parkbridge.