Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc. (“Parkbridge”) is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential land lease communities, recreational resorts and marinas. Our overriding mandate is to make residential and recreational communities affordable, yet exceptional.
Established in 1998, Parkbridge’s portfolio has grown significantly from two original properties with 650 sites. In early 2013, the company surpassed the milestone of 100 properties with over 27,500 operational and potential expansion sites. As a clear testament to the rising popularity of land lease for a growing number of people, our communities are found all across Canada.
Previously a public company, Parkbridge was purchased in January 2011 by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), one of the largest institutional investors in Canada, with over $90 billion in assets under management, ushering in a new era of dynamic growth and leadership.
With extremely high occupancy levels, a great portfolio of assets, favorable demographics, strong financial fundamentals, and access to substantial capital, the company is well positioned for significant growth organically and through acquisitions.
Our BC Regional office in Surrey, BC currently has an opening for a Service Desk Technician. The Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs according to Change Management best practices.
- Build rapport with service desk customers.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the Service Desk Manager.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups with end users as required.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Maintain project documentation
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer sciences.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week.
- On-call availability for 7 days per month.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
If you are interested in this role please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter via email or visit www.parkbridge.com
Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Applications for this position will be kept on file for up to 6 months and may be considered for other positions within Parkbridge.