Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc. (“Parkbridge”) is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential land lease communities, recreational resorts and marinas. Our overriding mandate is to make residential and recreational communities affordable, yet exceptional.
Established in 1998, Parkbridge’s portfolio has grown significantly from two original properties with 650 sites. In early 2013, the company surpassed the milestone of 100 properties with over 27,500 operational and potential expansion sites. As a clear testament to the rising popularity of land lease for a growing number of people, our communities are found all across Canada.
Previously a public company, Parkbridge was purchased in January 2011 by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), one of the largest institutional investors in Canada, with over $90 billion in assets under management, ushering in a new era of dynamic growth and leadership.
With extremely high occupancy levels, a great portfolio of assets, favorable demographics, strong financial fundamentals, and access to substantial capital, the company is well positioned for significant growth organically and through acquisitions.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Resort Manager will support the Company’s objectives by implementing the company's plan for the resort and fulfilling the company's responsibilities to its customers at our Gallagher Lake RV Resort, BC.
The Resort Manager will perform all job duties toward the goal of ensuring the best possible guest service, while meeting or exceeding financial goals for this incredible Okanagan 148 site RV Resort. Major areas of responsibilities include customer service, managing the annual operations, personnel management, resort enhancement, and other related property management duties.
This position plays an integral role in implementing the company’s vision for the resort and to serving guests with excellence by way of the following:
- Train staff on how to effectively deliver exceptional customer service
- Build a solid brand recognition for the property based on delivery of service
- Ensure safe and enjoyable environment for guests and employees
- Hire, train and supervise staff, as required. Ensure all staff members understand resort goals, standards and policies and comply with company policies and procedures;
- Schedule and monitor shift coverage based on business needs
- Ensure we comply with provincial labour laws
Asset Maintenance/Physical Property Management
- Responsible for the buildings and equipment
- Ensuring Health & Safety issues are a daily priority in the delivery of services
- Oversee outside contractors delivery of services, ensuring they follow property protocols
- Implement and achieve the annual business and financial plan
- Oversee daily preparation of cashier reports, payroll and other daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Oversee the collection reports and security of monies from registration fees and sales
- Track budget progress and report any discrepancies
- Actively participate in future projections of growth for the property
- Maintain an accurate computerized guest registration system
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience in property, hospitality or similar management experience, including minimum five years supervisory experience required
- Experience developing and maintaining long term customer relationships an asset
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects
- IT literate, advanced experienced and skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline would be an asset
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and credit background check.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and cover letter via email or visit www.parkbridge.com to apply
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that applications for this position may be kept on file for 6 months and may be considered for future opportunities within Parkbridge.