Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Property Manager (Community Manager) will support the Company’s objectives by implementing the company's plan for the community and fulfilling the company's responsibilities to its homes sites and customers at Langley Grove Estates, Langley, BC.
The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary education and/or at least 3 years management experience in the property, residential management, hotel, hospitality or similar industries. The Property Manager plays an integral role in implementing the company’s vision for the community by way of the following:
- Operate the community in accordance with Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities procedures to establish and maintain the company goal;
- Implement and achieve the annual business and financial plan for the community
- Track budget progress and report any discrepancies
- Consistently administer the community rules and regulations in a fair, unbiased manner
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees by implementing the Health and Safety Policy
- Maintain an awareness of local economic and housing market conditions.
- Regularly attend community committee and tenant association meetings and work with community groups to enhance the quality of life for all residents;
- Actively promote programs which improve the community
- Know and understand all federal, provincial and city laws and regulations which govern and affect the manufactured housing industry and the operation the community;
- Thoroughly understand the community Lease Agreement and all relevant governing legislation;
- Develop and maintain the emergency response plan for the community.
- Hire, train and supervise staff, as required. Ensure all staff members understand community goals, standards and policies and comply with company policies and procedures;
- Comply with all labour laws;
- Report all 'on the job' accidents, no matter how minor, in accordance with company policy
- Oversee Office Administrator and maintenance staff ensuring all criteria is met;
- Process, approve and code all vendor invoices for payment weekly
- Develop/implement maintenance policies and procedures;
- Ensure all maintenance and community upgrades are done properly in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Itemize and prioritize community maintenance plans detailing daily, weekly and monthly tasks;
- Ensure the effective maintenance of all infrastructure including roads, landscaping and utility systems;
- Maintain records of maintenance activities;
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of property, hospitality or similar management experience, including minimum two years supervisory experience required
- Experience developing and maintaining long term customer relationships an asset
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects
- IT literate, experienced and skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal record background check and a credit history check.
If you are interested in this Langley BC -based role, please send your resume and cover letter via email or visit www.parkbridge.com for more information.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc. (“Parkbridge”) is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential land...