Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Resort Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 April 2017
My position is busy, my passion is working with people and the community and Parkbridge has given me that opportunity everyday.

I see a bright future here at Parkbridge. I look forward to may more years.
Pros
Career Opportunities, Great People, Work Events
Great Company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON26 April 2017
At Parkbridge you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work.

I have been working at Parkbridge for over 2 years now and love that not one day is the same. Lots of variety and learning experiences.

The people are what makes the company great to work for!
Pros
Free coffee and snacks, great company culture, employee recognition program
Too many chefs in one kitchen!
Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
All about the bottom line. Sadly customer service is lacking in Ottawa to say the least. They promote care and customer service but do not practice this amongst their residents not staff. Be prepared to be overworked and receive zero recognition in return. Due to recent management changes, this has become a revolving door.
Good luck!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
Former Employee
former (Former Employee) –  employee18 April 2016
The Management in this company is terrible, most of them have NO idea how to manage.They treat you great when you first start out, but you soon learn that they want everything from you for nothing. Staff are treated badly, told that they are incompetent and are never recognized when they do some extra for the company. The pay is terrible for what is expected of you.

The worst company I have ever worked for. Best thing for me was leaving this volatile situation.
Pros
Cons
wouldn't know where to start
Keep searching...
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON15 April 2016
Although this company has deep pockets and encourages career development, you are just a number to them. This company makes endless promises and they trying ramming what they think is a positive culture down your throat. Don't expect to sleep at night... you will be worrying if you are the next one on the chopping block.
Pros
has some really great people...
Cons
has some not-so-great people... benefits are awful, culture is worse
Incredible thought forward dynamic company to work for
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  BC22 March 2016
I have been with the company for 3 years and have seen a lot of change, all for the betterment of the company. The company is relatively young and in these 3 years we have been strengthening our main business pillars. We now have that infrastructure in place and our leadership team is laying out the vision for us for the next 5 - 10 years.

Our leadership team is a group of passionate people who are moving at incredible speed to ensure we meet our objectives. Our President & CEO, along with the leadership team provides us with quarterly updates encouraging questions and feedback at any time. I have worked for several large national companies, it is always difficult to keep a close knit culture in large companies, but our leadership group has managed to do that. The culture of our company is work hard and have fun along the way. You are strongly encouraged to be an active participant in the way we do business, to voice your opinions on how things are being done. A bonus is the annual national "Academy", a venue where our managers across the country gather to learn best practices, build relationships, and be part of the visioning of our company.

I know I have the freedom each day to make decisions based on the direction our business is moving. This has been the best work experience I have had in my 30+ years of work and encourage you to join our company. If you have passion for real estate management, if you love customer service and solving problems, if you flourish in an environment where each day is different, then this is the place for you.
A great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 March 2016
Have worked at Parkbridge for a few months now and am really happy to be working with so many dedicated, passionate people who really care about our customers. It makes me care about my work even more. A great place to work.
Absolutely love my job!
Recreation Director, Resort Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON19 March 2016
I have worked for Parkbridge since 2011, and I don't have a single complaint.

My typical day can be hectic, with many reservations and activities for kids taking place all at the same time - it is a very fast-paced environment but I find it to be enjoyable. I work with a great group of people who all put in effort to ensure we can give our guests the best experience at our resorts. I have worked at four parkbridge resorts in the Georgian Bay region, and I have felt the same amount of team work and genuine interest in all of my co-workers at every resort.

Management is always there to support me, and I have never felt uncomfortable with bringing forth any ideas, suggestions or concerns. I am always treated with kindness and respect.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with current and new guests at our resorts. I love meeting and getting to know our guests.

I have never felt overworked or underappreciated, which is something that I appreciate as I have worked for other companies where I have felt both overworked and underappreciated.

I am enjoying my time working for this company, and hope to continue to enjoy it in the future.
Pros
Love my co-workers, boss, and the guests I see every day
Worst working experience of my life
National employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
This company seems pretty awesome in the beginning, however that slowly changes into a person being mistreated, and bullied.
Salaried employees are denied overtime even though you are expected to travel early in the day and at night. There is 0 work/ life balance. I regularly worked 15 hour days and was NEVER compensated for my time.
This company has the money and potential to be great, however with the current state of upper management, it is absolutely horrible. There are SO MANY workers on stress leave and off on medical leave due, clearly there is some mismanagement here. There is also a revolving door of employees because as soon as people figure out how poorly they will be treated and how things work there, they get out as fast as they can.
MOST HORRIBLE WORKING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!
Cons
Long hours, no compensation for working long hours, poor leadership
Disconcerted with Trends in Employee Treatment
Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  National4 March 2016
The beginning of your tenure with the company starts out really great; the leadership team engages new corporate level employees and makes them feel welcome. They say all the right buzz words: Respect, Honesty, Integrity, Authenticity, and Work life balance. Upper management sets out operational parameters and guidelines that are very reasonable, and the perks are great. Then things begin to take a downward trajectory; it starts slowly at first, almost imperceptible until the change is so drastic that the demands and requirements in no way resemble those initially outlined. When those demands are not met, the employee is met with hostility, debasing comments are made to their face about their intelligence, and defamation of character behind the employees back is not uncommon.

One corporate national manager in particular enjoys ridiculing and mocking their employees to other members of the team; making reference to intelligence, region they are from, and appearance; all while the employee is present. Any attempt to engage this manger in constructive dialogue is met with sarcasm and scorn unless you echo back exactly their opinions. When the concern was brought to the attention of the HR department; the employee was mysteriously no longer employed by the company, due to restructuring.

Communication with other employees who no longer work for this company, both those who have chosen to leave and those who were exited by the company; has sadly revealed many stories that run along similar lines within all the termed "Corporate Functions" (Departments).
Top 5 worst employers
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Everywhere11 July 2015
If you enjoy being disrespected, not valued, worked hard and generally manipulated by your superiors, this is the ideal company to work for.
There is absolutely no way you can work here and have any kind of self respect or ethics, especially with the way upper management runs their business models.
Whole company is run like a cash cow with no respect to employees and their families, clients and their lives.

The very few honest hard working people that are left in this company are methodically being replaced by either foreign imports or lower paid unqualified individuals with no experience or any sense of pride.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6