Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Employee Reviews

Excellent Team atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
Great place to work. Great team atmosphere. Excellent clients. Benefits are top notch. Executive team really cares about all the employees and their opinions.
I have worked for Parkbridge for almost 14 years and have enjoyed it from day one.
Unorganized and inconsistent
Maintenence technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2017
Waisted time spent on tasks because tools are not provided and tasks have to be redone because mananagement changes what may be important. Management more concerned about how they look to other managers and not the client. Clients are not a priority. Employees are not valued and not well paid. Best part of the job is self satisfaction of accomplishing tasks needed.
Pros
Biweekly paycheques
Cons
Watching manager waste time and money, and neglecting staff skills
Professional yet caddy
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON6 November 2017
If the Executives and HR Manager could filter out the extremely caddy employees at this office, what a wonderful place to work it would be. Too bad it bears such an uncomfortable workplace culture.
short term
Sr HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON5 September 2017
I did not work there long enough to have a good enough perspective. However fit in an organization is essential and its hard to fit into a culture that doesn't really exist. The amalgamation of several acquired companies was the culture, as good as its going to get until culture is firmly established at its best
Pros
benefits salary
Cons
snotty hr team
I AM Parkbridge
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 April 2017
The company is growing with lots of changes. If you are open to change and learning new things this company is good to work for.

I like the people I work with and we work together as a team.
Learning new systems and processes.
Pros
People I work with, Growing
Cons
Changes
Great Company!
Resort Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 April 2017
My position is busy, my passion is working with people and the community and Parkbridge has given me that opportunity everyday.

I see a bright future here at Parkbridge. I look forward to may more years.
Pros
Career Opportunities, Great People, Work Events
Great Company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON26 April 2017
At Parkbridge you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work.

I have been working at Parkbridge for over 2 years now and love that not one day is the same. Lots of variety and learning experiences.

The people are what makes the company great to work for!
Pros
Free coffee and snacks, great company culture, employee recognition program
Too many chefs in one kitchen!
Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
All about the bottom line. Sadly customer service is lacking in Ottawa to say the least. They promote care and customer service but do not practice this amongst their residents not staff. Be prepared to be overworked and receive zero recognition in return. Due to recent management changes, this has become a revolving door.
Good luck!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
Great company- IF you fit the mold.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON20 March 2017
the hardest part of the job is knowing what "policies" (there are never any written ones) apply to the entire company, and what applies to certain people (aka salary levels)- and where to draw that line.
There was no manual for my position, you were expected to know everything without a reference guide and had to seek management assistance for anything new that came up. lack of guidance as a whole.
Pros
free coffee and snacks
Cons
lack of direction, including lots of vacant positions and restructuring
Exciting Company- Great Place to Work
Communications (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 December 2016
Parkbridge is a great place to work. Given the company is rapidly growing there is no shortage of work, and opportunities for advancement.

Employer CARE culture can be seen through company and departmental off-sites which include personal development and employee appreciation opportunities.

Ongoing employee appreciation is strong with a specialized recognition program (called Take the Cake).

Employee pride is contagious and can be seen on the daily through the "I am Parkbridge" company culture.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement, Rapidly growing successful company
Atmosphère quelques fois stressant, mais très productif.
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Camping Caravelle23 September 2016
J'ai adoré mon travail de réceptionniste, j'ai développer ma capacité à bien servir les gens, peu importe s'il y a du stress ou non.
Pros
Patrone très aimable
Cons
Stress
Hi stress no life balance
Regional & Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario and Quebec29 August 2016
When Company was publicy traded great place to work every one helped each other and senior management would listen. When BCIMC purchased new CEO promised and acted like company cared hired lots of senior VP to pretend to under stand customer and employees concerns. Very toxic environment
Pros
Customers
Cons
Poor Senior management
Busy but enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, ON11 August 2016
Part-time hours really need more hours as I am busy with the accounting part of the job, preparing leases for house closings, dealing with lawyer offices, maintaining the gate security system, and answering residents questions. The people I work with a good people. Everybody gets along which makes a busy crazy working day a little easier.
Pros
relaxed environment to work
Cons
need more hours
Great Place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 July 2016
I love working here . The culture is great . The company has been growing and so there is a lot to be done on the support side but that's why they hired us to grow the business and people skills.
Be prepared to be a leader and to take initiative .
Pros
Authentic Leaders
Cons
On boarding is weak
Former Employee
former (Former Employee) –  employee18 April 2016
The Management in this company is terrible, most of them have NO idea how to manage.They treat you great when you first start out, but you soon learn that they want everything from you for nothing. Staff are treated badly, told that they are incompetent and are never recognized when they do some extra for the company. The pay is terrible for what is expected of you.

The worst company I have ever worked for. Best thing for me was leaving this volatile situation.
Pros
Cons
wouldn't know where to start
Keep searching...
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON15 April 2016
Although this company has deep pockets and encourages career development, you are just a number to them. This company makes endless promises and they trying ramming what they think is a positive culture down your throat. Don't expect to sleep at night... you will be worrying if you are the next one on the chopping block.
Pros
has some really great people...
Cons
has some not-so-great people... benefits are awful, culture is worse
Don't be fooled by positive reviews
Western Canada Support (Former Employee) –  Alberta and BC28 March 2016
There are two sides, which are very different, when working for this company. The Regional Managers, Property Managers, Administrators, and Maintenance personnel are fabulous to work with. They truly love their jobs and the communities they run. Working with them is a delight. When talking with the seasonal employees who run programs and deal with customers, they seem to have an overall positive working experience, which is due to the property managers and regional managers creating great work environments.

The national employees and the leadership team is another story altogether; a hostile, un-supportive work environment has been created where the VP's, Directors, and National Managers do not take the time to understand the differences between regions within the company, and how that should have an impact on the way the regions are supported. Any attempt to logically explain why something is done a certain way is met with mockery and hostility.

Any attempts to maintain an effective communication schedule with your boss is ignored; and justified under the guise of giving the employees autonomy to make decisions. Unfortunately you can never win. Any decision that you make will be questioned and you are asked why you didn't contact them before making the decision; but if you do happen to communicate with your boss, you are asked why you can't seem to make any decisions on your own, and if you expect them to babysit everything you do.

I would not warn anyone away from working at the property level; however think very hard regarding what kind of work environment you
  more... want to be in if considering working at the corporate level. By the end you will know exactly how strong you are.  less
Pros
Life experience learning to survive abuse
Cons
hostile work environment
Incredible thought forward dynamic company to work for
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  BC22 March 2016
I have been with the company for 3 years and have seen a lot of change, all for the betterment of the company. The company is relatively young and in these 3 years we have been strengthening our main business pillars. We now have that infrastructure in place and our leadership team is laying out the vision for us for the next 5 - 10 years.

Our leadership team is a group of passionate people who are moving at incredible speed to ensure we meet our objectives. Our President & CEO, along with the leadership team provides us with quarterly updates encouraging questions and feedback at any time. I have worked for several large national companies, it is always difficult to keep a close knit culture in large companies, but our leadership group has managed to do that. The culture of our company is work hard and have fun along the way. You are strongly encouraged to be an active participant in the way we do business, to voice your opinions on how things are being done. A bonus is the annual national "Academy", a venue where our managers across the country gather to learn best practices, build relationships, and be part of the visioning of our company.

I know I have the freedom each day to make decisions based on the direction our business is moving. This has been the best work experience I have had in my 30+ years of work and encourage you to join our company. If you have passion for real estate management, if you love customer service and solving problems, if you flourish in an environment where each day is different, then this is the place for you.
A great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 March 2016
Have worked at Parkbridge for a few months now and am really happy to be working with so many dedicated, passionate people who really care about our customers. It makes me care about my work even more. A great place to work.
Toxic Culture, unhappy employees, frustrated customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Across Canada19 March 2016
Notably, Canada's largest slum landlord, vying for top spot on the toxic culture scoreboard.

This organization is managed by an ego driven and self-supporting executive team, more concerned with their own titles, promotions and bonuses than the customers they serve. This company is owned by a teacher's pension fund, one that should be conducting third party audits on a regular basis. If I were a teacher and knew the scope of problematic issues throughout this company who is responsible for looking after my pension money, I would hire the auditors myself.

On a daily basis I witnessed seniors in tears, pleading with community managers to talk to the powers that be and convince them not to raise the rents, as they have every year since the new leadership team took over. These seniors cannot afford the rent on their mobile homes.

Middle management and operations level staff deal with the customer complaints about the leadership team being unapproachable, uncaring and unwilling to address real community problems, like fixing roads, or maintaining common areas, but the leaders will spend six figures on the annual company get together.

Slowly but surely, the good employees are leaving, these are the ones who understand the value of happy employees and satisfied customers.

I quit to be true to myself. My values are in complete conflict with this company's self proclaimed values. They have the words, the mission and value statements and cram them down the employees throats at company functions. Unfortunately, they do not live up to any one of them.

I feel for those
  more... employees who feel they can't leave, or have no place to go. There is definitely life after Parkbridge, a very good life and when the door closes, another always opens.

Find a job with a company that is driven by purpose, not ego. I wish you all the best in your search.
Pros
Can't think of any pros, I'm still bruised by the experience
Cons
Ceo, leadership team, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Reviews by Location