ParkBench is looking for passionate, dedicated and success-driven individuals to join as Editors to develop media coverage and user content.
About the company
Founded in early 2013, ParkBench is an online marketing company that uses a hyper-local approach to connect businesses with the communities they serve. ParkBench is the first of its kind to allow businesses to offer deals & coupons as an instant thank you to consumers simply for writing reviews.
The company was founded by three Canadian entrepreneurs and, in less than six months, has helped businesses pass on over $1 Million dollars CDN in savings to customers—simply for showing local love for their communities. ParkBench is currently working in with local businesses in Liberty Village, The Annex, The Danforth, King West, and Queen West, Waterfront, and plans to expand significantly over the coming months.
The site has already added events, social media promotions, and an online community message board in the new launch of ParkBench and users will be able to download the ParkBench App shortly.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to gain experience in editing and marketing as well as applying concepts learned in the classroom
- The chance to work with other bright, motivated young professionals in a fast paced start up environment
- A professional letter of reference will be provided
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Prepare and edit copies requiring improvement
- Proof read material for errors
- Review proofs to create final copies
- Research market and media trends for best outlets to publish content
- Verify facts, dates and other information in materials
- Help create marketing and promotional material
- Work with others in creating final copies
Qualifications and Requirements
- Currently a student or a recently graduated student from a post secondary institution
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple tasks at a time with deadlines
- Love to edit and write
If this position piques your interest, please submit your resume, cover letter and a short paragraph on why you believe your skill and knowledge would be a fit for this position to hr at parkbench.com or respond by applying directly to this posting.
Looking forward to interviewing you!