Paris Jewellers Employee Reviews

Worst Company I Have Every Worked For
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2017
Stayed way too long on hopes for a raise that I was promised over and over again. High expectations and no rewards or no recognition. They expect you work way harder then your being paid for, management and HR has no respect for the employees, I kept thinking the longer I stayed It would finally pay off, leaving was the best decision I ever made, I encourage everyone and anyone to stay far away.
fun place to work
Master Goldsmith (Former Employee) –  Paris (88)13 September 2017
Busy and repetitive work, Busy all the time and lots of work load, very much work pressure, very risky work responsibility, multicultural environment
Finish job before shipping
Making new rings
Cons
long hours and time management to finish job
Ever evolving
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 August 2017
I can say I enjoyed working here a lot. Great culture, newly evolving systems and great people. Very family oriented company which is hard to find these days.
Pros
minimal travel
Not what it seems
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 August 2017
When I first worked for Paris, I loved the brand, the company, the people...everything! They had a change in management and many other changes that resulted in some unpleasant changes at the store level.

The current store manager is rude, plays "favourites" with staff and treats others horribly, talks about customers and staff behind their backs, and is very passive aggressive.

I am extremely disappointed with the quality control of products. Since working there I have had a few services done and none of the pieces have been returned in a timely or satisfactory condition.

The only saving grace is the assistant manager and full/part time employees who tries to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
Assistant manager, clean store.
Cons
Broken promises.
Stay away
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2017
I hated my time working here. I lasted 5 months and then just quit. Awful place, rewards are close to nothing, the higher ups are terrible and management is manipulative, they expect you to drop EVERYTHING for this job (and I mean everything. I was called in to work on a day that I took off for a very good reason. A funeral for my grandfather. They expected me to be in that day as soon as the funeral ended. Like what?), very snobby (feels like high school with all the drama and bullying of lower positioned employees) Dodgy company, terrible customer service to boot (their repairs are AWFUL) the entire upper level is now garbage.
Pros
pretty jewelry, but thats about it
Cons
literally everything else
Abused
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
THERE IS TOO MUCH DRAMA, no privacy NO RAISE after promised. "part time" more like they dont want to pay you and give you benefits? Just stay clear! Terrible company
Pros
Learned about jewelry
Cons
literally everything else
Learning about Jewellery was a wonderful experience
Assistant Manager/PT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
This was my first experience in sales at a jewellery store. I learned all about gems stones, pearls and diamonds. I was able to work myself up to an Assistant Store Manager and really enjoyed the atmosphere
Will Not Recommend.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
A lot of unethical practices inside this company.
No raises, although they are promised to every staff member.
Verbally abusive management (in my experience) and inappropriate names for staff.
They expect you to drop everything in your personal life for work.
Promise commitment to quality, but do not deliver on it.
What they demand from staff is unrealistic.

I would consider a different position if this is offered to you.
Pros
Beautiful products to sell.
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, low pay, and low chance of job advancement.
Not recommended!!
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2017
When started with this company over 4 years ago, it was owned by the parents of the girls who now have it. There was a lot of respect for the people who worked for for them! The original owners were REALLY GREAT PEOPLE! That can not be said anymore. The rules and company running has all changed. They now run on fear of there staff. You get wrote up all the time about stupid things! Never made to feel like you are doing a good enough job. All of the very good people that were at H/O are now gone and you can not trust ANYONE, there is no support. They are not about customer satisfaction anymore. Targets are not realistic so you will not get a raise! If you now have viable piercings or a hint of fun color in your hair it has to go. It is no longer a fun place to be! Staff turn over is very high!!
Pros
Staff discounts, pay is not good so you don't have the extra to spend
Cons
Getting wrote up often!!
Customer experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
I got denied sending in my bracelet for repairs and the manager was awful to the employee and all the customera vacated the store because of her attitude.
its an alright comapny
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 April 2017
work way too much and get paid too little and they are very very strict. cant have piercings , or colored hair, they make you do huge training books, and you have to role play daily.
Alot of liars
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
I feel head office is all about themselves and expect the front line employees to always disappoint customers with lies and way over charge customers for repairs .
The past 4-5 months a fair amount of repairs are being sent back to head office .
I have seen and heard so many horrible things .
There are a few hot heads in the head office and they want to write you up for silly childish things .
You work hard and train hard with no recognition. No raises .not much for bonus
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bully ..childish write ups, over priced
Overworked, undervalued
Manager (Current Employee) –  AB9 January 2017
Paris Jewellers claims to have great values, which no one upholds. They have excellent training programs in place, which they expect to be completed in not enough time.

Definitely room for advancement, however, as I did advance within the company. To achieve this, I had to sacrifice my entire personal life, and neglect any non-work relationships.

The company is very willing to invest in you if you show promise, but have very high expectations about your work in return.

The company in general has very little focus, often unable to decide where their efforts should be applied. This leaves the employees scrambling to keep up with whimsical directions the company is headed.

I recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a reliable part-time job, where you are willing to do the work but not invest yourself too much.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Optional benefits for full time employees
Cons
NO work life balance, High expectation, Low Pay
fun place to work very professional
Goldsmith (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
fun place to work , everybody is friendly
secure place for full time job boss are
very professionals. clean and good environment to work the family alway very respectfull to their people
do not work for them
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2016
Horrible company to work for - mess up on pays - don't pay over time - expect you to do things that are unacceptable - don't pay over time - treat you like you are nothing
13 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Though we are sad to read that you had a terrible experience with the company, we truly wish you all the best in your next chapter. I do encourage that if there are any discrepancies or concerns with your pay to please reach out to our payroll department so we may look into this for you. Thank you.

Terrible place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2016
Worst company ever alot of the positive reviews on here have come from upper management who consistently lie pay is awful and bonuses structure is unattainable the company was give to the kids who have no clue how to run it they bully people constantly and yet have an anti bully campaign going . They pushed all the good people out and now Head office is all liars including the CEO time to find another job asap and would never recommend this place to anyone not even to buy anything
Pros
Cons
Upper management
13 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Paris Jewellers and for providing us with your feedback. We always encourage our employee to review Paris Jewellers, and ask that they are completely honest, whether it is positive or negative. In regards to your comments about bullying in the workplace, I strongly encourage you to speak to your manager or district manager if you are still with the company so we may address any issues. If you are no longer in the company and feel comfortable, please feel free to reach out and provide us with your concerns so we may ensure that others do not have similar experiences to yours. Wishing you all the best.

Not worth it
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Alberta27 June 2016
Too much pressure to sell for very little rewards. Impossible to make a living at unless you are a district manager would be my guess. I loved management but they don't understand that it is hard to be motivated when you can barely feed yourself off these wages
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Pay is not good
11 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Paris Jewellers and for providing constructive feedback. We hope we can learn and grown from you review. Best of luck in your future.

Great place to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2016
This is a an amazing company to work for, There is always help needed in anything you need. They put their people first before anything .

The turn over rate is very low. My co workers are more or less like my family. We work as a team and not against Each other.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making our customers happy. and hearing their stories, and being able to be apart of it <3
Pros
They spend their time and money on helping you achieve.
Cons
It's alot of work.
Work/Life Balance needs improvement
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2016
Family owned company, travelled excessively, staff retention low due to unattainable bonus structure and low wages to all staff for this industry.
Cons
very long hours and unattainable bonuses
stay clear of this place!
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  calgary20 August 2015
This place is incredibly mismanaged! Not sure who their vendors are but the quality of product is lacking. Everyone at the head office is fake, and brown-nosers. Since i left in March all management that was decent have left.
Pros
50 % off jewellery
Cons
No work/life balance, awful for pay, dodgey benefits that I'm fairly sure they con u into 100% of ur own benefits, unrealistic goals, long hours, made to work in location with black mold, jewellery I have purchased has tarnished, manipulation techniques, some store managers make more than district managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paris Jewellers. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9