Pareto Employee Reviews in Canada

Bankrupt
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2015
This company is now bankrupt so it does not matter what I think about it. It was set up for failure by the leadership team. My co-workers were the best think about working there.
You are you own boss
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 10, 2015
Enjoyed going to various locations but unfortunately it is only a seasonal job when all new lines come out.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes having heavy trays to pull out and if a co-worker did'nt show up you would be left by yourself to finish the merchandising.
WalMart Rewards Card Recruit
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 3, 2015
Great place to work. I gained a lot of experience in the marketing and client relation along with the codes associated with it. Diverse environment, dealing with clients of multicultural backgrounds.
Place to grow
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2015
Great place for one to grow. Fun environment to work, as a team or as a individual. Constant opportunity to learn. Ability to excel once you put in the required effort.
WAS A NICE COMPANY TO WORK FOR
REGIONAL MANAGER NORTHERN ALBERTA, NORTHERN BC, (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2013
On A normal day of work, we would go over everything that was getting done in the filed and we would touch bass with all merchandiser in the filed .
we would check all reports that have been enter over the last day make sure all data was complete and that hours were correct.
we also checked routing reports as merchandiser submitted all the km they were driving.
then organized and planed out the next project and what was coming up, had conferences call, did interviewing and hiring .
management was great
co-workers were very nice
Great place to work at!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2012
The co- workers are amazing at Pareto! They are so flexible with your hours which is great if you are a student. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get a chance to meet so many people so you don't get bored of doing the same thing. You learn so much about branding and sales so it would be awesome experience if you would like to go into marketing or business.
Pros
learn so much about different products. great pay. they pay mileage.
Cons
short hours but you get many shifts. need a vehicle.
Bad Company Experience
Sales Marketinf (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 16, 2013
They required two days training which they didn't pay for and in the end for the 6 days I worked I made $45 dollars a day working 6+ hours a day as a manager that I wasn't paid as a manager just extra duties. My pay and not to mention time was ripped off and wasted and I would not recommend this company to anyone as their business mandate is to remind you daily that you can and will be fired for any reason .
Dynamic and Flexible Work Environment
Promotional Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2013
A typical day at work would be figuring out the location for that particular day and calculate how long it will take for me to get there. I do not have a car, however, I have always been capable of getting myself to the location on time, whether that mean I take a bus, subway, train, etc. My co-workers are great! They are extremely outgoing and readily available if needed, especially my project managers. The hardest part of my job has been the limited amount of shifts available. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to interact with people, meet new co-works depending on the location that I am working at, and getting to explore the city of Toronto by working.
Pros
being a part of a great team; working close to home
Cons
shifts are mainly for weekends; not given enough shifts
Seasonal
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Verdun, QCDecember 3, 2014
Super long days was stressful, Bringing out boxes, setting up was great and working on the projects was easy most of the time. Management was great to work with. Some co-workers were mean.
Pros
some great employees
Cons
some super long days
great marketing company with plenty of event marketing
promotional representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2012
event marketing and product knowledge.
management scheme is excellent but not much room for advancement.
wide range of age between co-workers
long hours working on your feet.
enjoy the perks of sampling new products before general public.
Pros
great people, fun work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Learning a lot
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 12, 2012
- Work in every different store and approach customers to introduce our product
- Experienced Target-Sales style
- My co-worker is helpful and friendly
- The hard part is to keep positive attitude no matter how rude customers are
- Enjoy: When you made the sale you will feel accomplish something
Pros
helpful co-workers
Cons
more traveling then it promised
terrible company
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ontarioNovember 12, 2012
Pareto is the cheapest company I have ever worked for. They do not look after their employees either, Wage increases are non existant & they never comment on a job well done. The turnover is huge because they treat their employees very poorly.
Cons
cheap company;no raises;never acknowledge a job well done;treat their employees poorlym
Director of Direct Marketing campaigns
Director - Client Operations/Direct Services (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONDecember 13, 2012
Senior Director overseeing $20M DM program/program management teams. Daily operations managmenet and conflict resolution to ensure client satisfaction. Client facing, customer retention and ensuring all SLA's were met with highest quality satisfation.
Stressful but can be fun at times.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2012
A typical day at shoppers drug mart would be dealing with customer complaints and store merchandise, either opening or closing the store it all depends. When i first got the job I started off as a merchandiser then gradually got the position as a assistant manager, I have learned so much typically being able to depend on myself working with deadlines always helps. Management at shoppers drug mart was like any place i would assume, strict and disciplined but when their were times to have fun it was ok. The co-workers weren't the best sometimes made the job a little difficult but their were a couple that made the day better. Which leads to my next point if I am working with someone I cant rely on it really makes the day difficult and leaves a lot of work for me and if I have someone i can trust it makes it a lot more enkjoyable.
Pros
being in charge.
Cons
no breaks, customer complaints.
I had fun working there.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  scarboroughAugust 26, 2012
I liked building walls for cosmetic department.
I got to work in many different stores. Such as Shoppers, Rexall, Walmart, The Source, and many others.
I didn't like travelling far to work. But they do pay travel time.
hardest part is the traveling.
Pros
they pay travel time
Cons
sometimes have to travel far
Busy and Friendly Environment.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillJanuary 19, 2015
Always helpful towards employees and customers requests.
Unfortunately Company was forced to close down
Not an ideal place
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 18, 2012
I learned a lot while in this position. However management was quite unfriendly and not the least bit interested in the employee's. Co-workers were easy to get along with and friendly. Sadly the turn over rate for employees is high as treatment of them is extremely unfair
traveling merchandising
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  vancouver islandSeptember 17, 2012
set up planograms for shoppers drug stores, beauty dept.
making sure each project is complete at a timely manner. ensuring with shopper drug store that the project is complete to there specifications.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
too much traveling
easy physical work
Grocery store merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ontarioJune 19, 2012
a typical day at work involves moving products around and interacting with store management and other employees along with customers.
the job is not hard at all, and as long as you enjoy your co workers its a pretty easy going fun job
Productive and fun to work with environment
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2013
- fast day at work
- Attaining new customers, communicating with them about the product (PK)
- Management i work with is always motivating, understanding and they build great teams to work with.