Pareto Corporation

Pareto Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great people
Program Planning & Call Centre Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 17, 2013
Great people worked at Pareto.
The company has gone into bankrupcy.
My typical day was fast paced with constant changing deadlines.
Productive workplace with great people.
Product and Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2013
Pros: casual attire unless meeting with clients.
Cons: no job security.
Casual setting with the ability to remain professional. I learned a lot at Pareto, as I was hired right out of university. I loved everyone that I worked with and I loved our products.
I worked very hard to complete each days work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga to Scarborough, Toronto and DurhamOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good team morale
Cons: less competent team members and those who did not show up for work.
We were sometimes understaffed for the number of sets to be completed in one day. Sometimes those days would go 8-10 hours.
I learned to complete a wide variety of sets. Everything from toothpaste to ice cream.
Some members of the time were only able to complete the smaller sets. I most often worked on the larger sets. For instance, 36 to 40 feet of – more... cereal by myself, including shelf adjustments, replacing strips and price tickets.
Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoy my work and take pride in the completion of a clean, well organized and accurate set. – less
Good pay, and interesting work place
Direct Sales Force (Former Employee), VancouverMarch 5, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: training
I learned how to effectively communicate with managers and how to appropriately qualify customers, also obtained a self-motivated, accountable & results-oriented individual with “can do” attitude.
Recruitment team is poorly managed-- the director is a fool
Part of the recruitment department (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: strong team environment
Cons: poor director who comes in late and leaves early. director doesn't work he delegates
Working at Pareto is okay if you value high volume recruitment where no interviews take place. The director is uneducated but very positive. He is driving the recruitment team into the ground.
Able to interact with different person
Part time Sales Representative (Current Employee), GTAFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: flexible time
Cons: no definite workplace
I never had a proper training but I was able to understand the product that I need to sell. My supervisors are very cooperative and approachable. T
Not a strong management team
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Executive Management did not understand the division I worked in. Not a strong, supportive culture.
A productive and easy going place to work
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2012
Pros: company treats lunch and ice cream during the summer
Cons: month end deadline is very tight and can be stressful at times
Starts with a 15 minute meeting with AR team to review weekly tasks and challenges.
If there are any area of improvement needed they are related to upper management. These concerns can be reviewed and in some cases require time to work out in order to get a process in place to come to a resolution. Managment can be very motivating and encourages you – more... to do more and where you can improve and become sucessful.
Hardest part of the job is improving a process as it takes a few steps from managment to get a process to take off.
Most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team and the culture of the company is fun and easy going. You are treated with respect and have the flexiability to work at your own pace at time, but also am aware when you will have to keep up with the pace of demands to get the work accomplished by a deadline. – less
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 16, 2012
Code and coordinate approvals on all invoices prior to entering into the GL
Regularly review organizational purchases to determine if consolidating accounts with vendor reach optimal volume discounts
Management of all vendor statements and accounts
Customer service
Maintained and help implement organizational procedures and policies
Adjustment journal – more... entry postings
Month end AP to GL reconciliation
Process of manual and bi-weekly cheque runs in Canadian/US funds
Electronic Fund transfers
Match supplier invoices with P.O. to ensure all invoices have been received and billed correctly
Assist with Year-end audit schedules Report to Controller and CFO with special projects as assigned – less
Pareto Review
Project Manager - Merchandising & Retail (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2012
This company is a vibrant, constantly growing company that really aims high and is one of the market leaders in the Shopper Marketing Industry.
Terrible Place To Work
Account Manager (Former Employee), North YorkNovember 6, 2012
Pros: they will match 50% of your rrsp contribution to a max of $2500 per year.
Cons: worst place on earth to work
- Compensation:
You can work here for years and never get a pay raise. Even with inflation, you'd expect your company to give you something but no, not Pareto, not a dime more. Even a cashier at Rexall can get a raise after so many hours worked. Not here.
Bonus: if you are lucky your department gets a bonus, but it's up to your manager to decide what – more... you get, which means they can keep the majority of it for themselves. A Bonus is NOT a raise and it never covers the average 3% of inflation.
Benefits: 80% with a cap for the year. but you do get $300 for the year Health Spending but that quickly goes, if you have to get your teeth fixed or need eyeglasses ($50 only for every two years is nothing).
the only good thing is that they will match 50% of your RRSP contribution to a max of $2500 per year. not a lot but its something.

- Culture:
Stressful. if business increases and people decrease, you're expected to take on more with no compensation or even a thank you. It's just expected of you.
If you are labelled as "difficult" because you say no to something or can't or stand your ground on something you believe in or don't kiss behinds, it is very hard to shake and therefore people will look upon you as such.
CEO makes innuendo "jokes" on Organizational Webcast.
Company Holiday Party gets more lame every year.
Incentive programs is non-existant but they do "try"

- Job Security:
People have been jumping ship for a while, or get let go if "you're not a team player" but what their definition of a team player differs from most. If someone doesn't like you, it's very easy to get fired, all hearsay. Cliques get together and get people fired, i've seen it.
If you ask for help or ask them to hire someone else, they won't and fire you because you can't do the job, but then will find two or three people from other departments to split your job.

- Management:
all the good managers have left. all that's left are people who advanced through making their team work to the bone and they take the credit for. They have no taste and no imagination.

- Work/Life Balance:
you are expected to work weekends and late. if you don't "you don't belong here" (webcast statement).

Worst place to work!
on a positive side, there are some people here who are very nice and do work hard, I just feel bad for them.
Pot lucks are employee driving without any support from management (they just show up for the free food). – less