ParaMed Employee Reviews

Disorganized
HSW (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON14 September 2017
. I enjoy the job very much but as a part time I work between 8-10-12 hour days. Some times my sifts are split by 2/3/4/5 hours only to go back for less then two hours. I really use to enjoy my job, if your clients are happy so was management. Now you can't do enough and still get more clients through out the day. It's a great job if your looking for hours and enjoy connecting with people in the helping role as I do. But as for a regular schedule, understanding of personal needs, or balance...unfortunately this is the new life of a paramed worker,in Kenora.
Pros
Working with amazing people
Cons
The office is completely unorganized
PSW (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 September 2017
I love the job itself but the office is a complete mess and has caused me a lot of stress.
No communication, double booking, placing me with clients I cannot do on a constant basis.
Other than that I like it. I like being on my own
Pros
Clients
Cons
Office
Room for improvement
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 August 2017
Things are getting out of control at Paramed sice they bought Revera. Our new employers have set very strict and rigid regulations and policies. Our working conditions have gone from good to bad.
Pros
Free gloves
Cons
Shady employers
I love seniors and enjoy their company as they do mine.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 August 2017
The hardest part of the job is driving in this city all day. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my clts feel comfortable and important. They know that I care about them and look forward to my visits. I don't want to say much about management because it changes monthly.
Pros
clients
Cons
driving in London
No chance of having permanent work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 June 2017
I was sent to dirty places, smoke filled places, and hoarders places smelling like animal urine. I was also attacked by a resident Paramed should screen these places and know ahead what they are sending their employees into. And employees should be made aware before walking into these environments
Pros
Cons
Scattered shifts
good company overall
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 June 2017
It was a pleasure to help seniors in the community with their day to day activities.
Para Med was always there if any problem should arise.
I would sometimes be the only face a senior may have seen in a day because of their isolation.
Would either provide them with personal care or some meal prep or meds check.
Sometimes just making sure they are safe.
Pros
Working on my own, satisfaction of helping someone
Cons
Sometimes could be stressful, depending on situation
One of the worst company to work for
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 June 2017
It'll take yrs to get regular and even when you're regular, you get 26 guaranteed hours a week.
Union doesn't help. They keep hiring people but not enough hours for everyone. You're expendable. Take it as part time job if you're really needing one. Companies like this makes you want to work under the table jobs instead.
Pros
Cons
Long in between shifts, not enough hours, no benefits
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Embrun, ON2 June 2017
Helping elderly with ADLs and company for elderly. Good coordinators and always around to help. Supplies are accessible. Making sure that their employees are safe.
Pros
Kilometer paid
Cons
Less hours
One of the worst
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 June 2017
Literally one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Pay is no good, the hours are atrocious. even with full time you have no guarantee of hours, expected to be available even when you're not scheduled. I never received a schedule until the week before very earliest and was expected to work excessive hours (like 11 night shifts in a row, day shifts followed by night shifts followed by day shifts) Not to mention many clients were going without their shifts filled because scheduling staff were too lazy/incompetent to do their jobs. Even tried to file an official harassment complaint and was completely ignored. Almost every client and staff member i met was unhappy with this company.
Pros
HORRIBLE company to work for!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 March 2017
I worked for Paramed in the office for 3yrs. It was the worst job I ever had. The management is absolutely the worst I've ever seen. If there is an opportunity to throw you under the bus and make themselves look good, they will. You can never get a straight answer from any other management team and not one of them agrees with the other so your instructions are always conflicted and confusing. You are expected to do the job of numerous people but get paid a disgraceful salary. I would not recommend this employer to a homeless person. Wait what am I thinking, working for Paramed pays so horribly you could be a homeless because you can't afford to pay your bills!!
Pros
Cons
poorly managed office, low salary, extremely unrealistic workload
fun and great staff
Personal Support Worker/Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
paraded was a great company t work for I had great supervisors who were always available when needed and offered solutions when asked . They offered CPR classes to us at no cost , gave us bonuses in summer and winter.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no free lunch for caregivers
One of the better community care options but still...
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2017
Benefits are great, Hours are ridiculous, mandatory on call is ridiculous, management is a mess, pay rate is low. Drastic changes to company infrastructure on a monthly basis allowing no real adjustment to changes being made. I would only recommend ParaMed in a desperate situation.
Great people to work with
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 February 2017
I over all enjoy working for the company, I truly enjoy helping people and this place gives me that ability. Hardest part of the job is the hours I have to be away from my family. The best part is making the clients happy
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
evening and weekend work
enjoy learning new things
Client /service Specialist (Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON30 January 2017
I enjoy learning new things. I are reliable and dependable. Quicker learner and enjoy going to work. I have learnt lots from ParaMed I just haven't had to use my Medical schooling at all
Great experience... but hours were an issue
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2017
Not enough hours available for new staff.
Training was good
Just wished there was more options to get more then part time hours
I did recommend, but not now!
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 December 2016
Enjoyed the p/t flexible hours was on my own most the time & enjoyed the Clts too & they did come first not so much with management, the benefits none even tho it's offered, pay was minimum wage with no year end pay raise for all the work you do, no recognition, I wasn't appreciated enough, was given addition 2-4 dollars increase by the government , but how long was that going to last, I asked no answer. They do stay on top of any training that's needed which is mandatory & with pay, they use Blackberry cells to do the scheduling & emailing in concerns + adding any changes too this tech is one great thing, all I'm saying is I hope they realize how valuable a PSW is and be fair & offer $15-16 or more per hr!
Pros
Working on my own as well as the flex able hrs!
Cons
Under paid, not valued!
Ok
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Notl15 December 2016
Paramed is a great company to work for the educational opportunities are endless. Co workers are nice and uplifting. Human resources personal are top notch and always for the employee.
Pros
Alot of educational oppertunities
paramed
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON24 August 2016
making your own hours is great if you have early appointment you can wait to see clients later in the day, wound care can be very interesting, from seeing a skin tear to a major incident, never a dull moment working for paramed out in the community, co workers are great and super helpful, everyone is always there to help when needed
Worst job of my life
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 August 2016
Management is horrendous, no follow through, no help no replies to any questions or issues. Coordinators pick favourites and most field staff just doesn't seem to care. Worst environment I've ever seen. Would not recommend this to anyone even my worst enemy
Pros
Elect to work
Cons
See comments
Horrible place to work.
office employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON23 July 2016
I worked in the office for a few years. Management is horrid. If they don't like you for any reason...expect no support, to be lied to, bullied and expectations raise for just you. The nonsense that goes on in the office is unprofessional and ignored by management (shopping on line, facebook, constant personal cell phones ringing.) Breaks are only monitored for the non favorites. Staff meetings are a joke..it would appear that management is incapable of problem solving
Job advancement is nil Co-workers are gossips and are more concerned what's going on with others than doing their job. Job advancement is almost impossible unless you are on the managements favorite list, or are related in some way.
The thing that concerned me the most though, was the lack of follow through when issues with the psw's care for the clients were brought forward to management, and nothing was done about it. I would only assume that if the clients were one of their family members and needed the help that they would expect that the psw's would complete all tasks expected and stay the duration that they are being paid for
If you are a friend or related to management...it's a great place to work, however if you show up for work...do your job ...don't expect anything from the management team.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional, no guarantee of hours, horrible benefit package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7