ParaMed

ParaMed Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Understanding and fun place to work.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free bbq and lots of free education classes to in-prove your skills as a personal support worker
Cons: long hours on the weekends
Productive, friendly, understanding and fun place to work. The staffs at ParaMed are very helpful, willing to work with your availability. They sometimes have BBQ at the office for the staffs.
Field work provides independent work environment.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), North Bay, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: no employee opportunity to provide feedback on scheduling discrepancies.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive impact I have on my clients.
Great job if you enjoy living in poverty!
Psw (Current Employee), Oshawa,ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: nice clients, flexible hours
Cons: terrible pay checks, always begging for hours, no respect from management
This is a dead end job!no wage increases,paying for most of my gas out of my own pocket,as paramed only pays a small portion of what I use.have to use my own cellphone minutes to call clients,even though nurses can use the company's phone.have to track down a supervisor for cupboard key anytime you need gloves,even though nurses can help themselves.when – more... I lost my dad I got no bereavement pay,not even a sympathy card.no pension plan or sick days,always begging for hours,even though I've worked my butt off for them for years.they treat their psws shamefully!without the hardworking frontline workers like us these well paid managers wouldn't have a job.disgraceful! – less
Not a lot of support from co-workers
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great for working within my availability
Cons: lack of communication
Didn't find that staff worked together very well, not a lot of communication. Management not always approachable, therefore felt like I was really working on my own.
rating 4 good place to work, make sure staff/nurses are happy and fair wages
home support worker level 3 (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 2, 2012
Pros: self satisfaction, client satisfied with care, good wages, great management and support.
Cons: no work available when graduated.
as a psw your scheduled is made up for you with times to visit. Help out the client with their daily hygiene routines and activities of daily living eg. food prep, cleaning etc. working closely with management for ADL help eg. grab bars if needed or nursing staff needed.

I have learned many things with clients adjustments from eg. surgery, falls, stroke – more... etc. Their coping strategies and changes that are made to help cope.

Management worked well as a team here. My only regret is not waiting for a nurse position with this company when graduated.

Co-workers great. Good teamwork makes a huge difference!

Hardest part of this job was leaving, with no nursing work available.

Most enjoyable part was satisfaction of the client. Your self esteem grows on this! I have had many client say thank you for listening! – less
They were excellent with there employees
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Pickering, ONAugust 13, 2012
I only worked with ParaMed for a short time but within that time the company is extremely organized and making sure you got your hours. The co-workers were extremely helpful at all times. I enjoyed meeting new clients and returning to clients that I got to know. I learned so much at ParaMed, it was my first job going from home to home and it was an – more... excellent experience. I learned that a friendly smile goes a long way no matter how the client is feeling. If you are friendly and pleasant they seem to perk up right away. The hardest part off my job was leaving. I left because we moved. – less
Good for the experience
CLERICAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 3, 2012
Pros: the pay
Cons: working every single weekend
In my time at Paramed, they were very secretive, would hire people without giving you the chance for advancement and did not take into consideration people's home life for scheduling. If you worked weekends, you worked every weekend, not just every second.
They constantly critisize the two teams (eg afterhours and daytime Coordinators) which makes for – more... a stressful work environment.
They also critisize your skills but refuse to spend time actually training with you.
Management seems to go through many candidates for the position. In 8 months, there were 3 Office Managers, 1 of which was brought in as a layover. The district manager was brought in from another location as well.
Coworkers were fun to work with, while some others talked about you behind your back which you will find in every office environment, but they don't seem to stop it at the source there.
It turns into bullying very fast.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you worked with the people you were most comfortable with and they would help whenever need be, and you helped each other get the work done that was needed.
You ended up being more appreciatable of others rather than the actual company which made the job enjoyable. – less
Home care, is gratifying.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), North Bay, OntarioNovember 27, 2011
Pros: health care, the people you support.
Cons: unstable hours.
You have to be able to work on your own with no supervision. There is always someone to ask questions to for verification. Must be pleasant and be able to provide assistance to people in there own home. Must have your own transportation.
UTILIZES MY SKILLS AND IS CHALLENGING
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Lancaster, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: gaining experience in blood collection and processing specimens and paperwork
Cons: traveling many miles and gas prices
I'm an independent contractor and receive my work orders from a LLC in the state of New York.
I travel up to 50 miles from my home to the Insurance clients home and perform the requirements of the Insurance Companies on the work order.
A typical day of work is a combination of traveling and appointment of 4 or 5 people totaling 7 hours then processing – more... the paperwork and specimens which can take up to 3 hours, depending on the amount of paperwork.
I have learned about clinical studies, running EKGs, and different approchs on successful blood collection by hands on experience.
The hardest part of the job is driving all the miles and the long hours it takes to process everything but the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting different people, homes and seeing the different parts of the country. – less
Fun start up company, no pay but lots of expirence
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Provo, UTAugust 20, 2013
I learned how a start up web company works, how to communicate and work on code with the other employees through Github. Loved doing it but they currently don't have anything left for me to do at the moment.
excellent experience opportunity
Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate (Current Employee), McAlester, OKDecember 3, 2012
Pros: lots of field experience, with trauma and medical patients
Wonderful employer, dedicated staff, responding to difficult life and death situations with great order and experence
Great experience
Clinical Coordinator/LVN (Current Employee), Fountain Valley, CAJune 19, 2012
I have enjoyed working here, I really would like to expand my hands on experience
Produktiver Arbeitsort
Leitung Schulsekretariat (Former Employee), Baar, Kanton ZugJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: intéressant, umgang mit den verschiedensten menschen
Cons: chaotisch
Privat-Schule, mit einem chaotischen Management. Keine Sitzungen, Arbeitsbeschrieb wird nicht eingehalten, keine Schulleitung. Am besten gefiel mir der Umgang mit Studenten, Dozenten, Ämter, gute Schulsoftware