ParaMed Employee Reviews

Good clients horrible mangement
PSW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 November 2017
Its a great place to work to meet some great clinets. But the staff at this place is the worst staff you ever have to deal with. They expect you to work 10 hour days and when asked can you work longer and you say no they take hissy fits and are very rude to you. Everything is done through email which they never respond to at all. This company could be great if they got rid off the office staff and hired some psw to run things. I would never reccomend anyone to work here unless you want constant stress from these people..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible office staff, long hours, very stressful
Enjoyable
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 November 2017
I really enjoyed working with all of the patients in the comfort of their own home. It gave me great pleasure to see them happy or to succeed with their daily activities.
Pros
good balance
The Most enjoyable experience
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 November 2017
I learned to face new challenges at work that makes me inspired and grow more as a person. I have the best colleagues and became all my friends. I got to meet different people with different culture which is fun to hear when they shared stories and adventure. The most enjoyable part in the job when we work as a team. I love being a Medical Staff I enjoy every single day working with people who are in need. Management was great!
Sadly went downhill after change of management
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2017
ParaMed is a fine place to work under good leadership. Sadly, this changed a year ago and the company is feeling the change in culture in a very negative way
to maintain a position in facility or hospital here in Edmonton
CHW. Cluster care (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 October 2017
as I love being a care giver each day starts off with a smile and possitive attitude towards each task during my day....hardest part of job is wanting to beable to do more for client/residents when its not on careplan....most enjoyable part of my day is knowing I made a difference and I did a good job
Pros
great support working together
Cons
not enough time for tasks
terrible place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2017
It's not even just a terrible job. It's terrible toward people who are counting on a service to better their lives. The office part of the operation has no compassion for the field workers and clients. In the office, it is a lot of just filling shifts with no regard to how continuity makes a large difference
lots of changes lately
Clinical Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
interesting work place culture.
I do not want to write review about the company. Thank you very much for asking. I answered the rest of your questions.
Pros
good coffee
Cons
all pros
this was great
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON12 October 2017
I had a great student placement here. Being able to make your own schedule is great when trying to work around different schedules. The hours are not guaranteed which is a down side.
an excellence experience you learned
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2017
a very nice people you gonna work with...a team work , compassionate employer,and good benefits, it is a home care who has a deep level of caring and compassionate
Pros
free time
Cons
Not a good place to work
Health Care Aide/Respite worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Not enough hours. Don't protect their staff from unclean/ unhealthy environments. And also alzheimer's clients who attack you. Send you back to dangerous situations and unclean/ unhealthy work environments.,
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours to survive on.
Great place to be
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
Days were busy but enjoyable
never a dull moment and every day presented a new challenge
I was part of a wonderful team, supportive in every way
It was hard work but lots of fun as well
Negative environment
RPN (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2017
High turnover. Lots of work to complete past working hours with no compensation. Upper Management is horrible has no respect for front line staff. Management doesn't try to keep good staff.
Loved te job just not the company
PSW (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON28 September 2017
This was my first PSW job. I loved the work, going to people's houses and helping them was great. I had some issues with my coordinator. The coordinators are just to under staffed and so errors occur and then they blame the bottom guy. this would be a great place to work if they had more staff in the scheduling department.
Paramed Home care
Préposée aux soins à domicile (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 September 2017
Cet emploi était bien mais je n'étais pas bien rémunérée pour les tâches que je faisais.
good company,good workers
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
GOOD place to grow in the career. This company respects people involve in care either giver or taker. They are 24 hours reachable and instant solution for any problem .
Pros
directions are great by office
Cons
overwhelming sometimes
Over worked.Under paid! Period!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2017
Dangers are often overlooked regarding client history/psw safety. In the time I gave 110% to my clients I was often scolded for rescheduling clients due to SEVERE weather. Im not going to see anyone dead.
Pros
You can work as many hours as you want too.
Cons
Youre disposable.
Poor management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 September 2017
Doesn't respond to our needs as quickly as they reach out to us in times of their needs.
Poor coordination, scheduling and management.
Doesn't review client's background and reassess client's progress.
Lots of work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 September 2017
COMMUNITY CARE IS AN AMAZING ENVIRONMENT TO WORK. Lots of work and the paperwork can be overwhelming. Its important to learn how to organize everything.
Good place to start
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa14 September 2017
Paramed has wonderful employees and provides a wonderful necessary service to the public. At times the position can be demanding and stressful but a rewarding part is to work with the public to help them receive care that they need,
Disorganized
HSW (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON14 September 2017
. I enjoy the job very much but as a part time I work between 8-10-12 hour days. Some times my sifts are split by 2/3/4/5 hours only to go back for less then two hours. I really use to enjoy my job, if your clients are happy so was management. Now you can't do enough and still get more clients through out the day. It's a great job if your looking for hours and enjoy connecting with people in the helping role as I do. But as for a regular schedule, understanding of personal needs, or balance...unfortunately this is the new life of a paramed worker,in Kenora.
Pros
Working with amazing people