ParaMed Employee Reviews

Patient care was great, leaving because of management
Enhanced Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 December 2017
I love the patient care aspect.
Management was disorganized and didn't care about their employees.
There was no middle ground, you either had 5 patient visits, or you were told you had to see upwards of 10 or more.
When asking a supervisor for help, the usual answer was "you need to figure it out"
Upper management claimed to have no knowledge of the staffing shortage for over a year.
The employee turn over rate is really high
Pros
Patient care
Cons
management
great job to practice and learn new skills
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Paramed is an excellent company that strives on the success of their clients as well as staff success. i have nothing but pleasant memories of my fellow coworkers and even my supervisor. They were always eager to help and maintained a respectful and dignified environment for everyone. I have learned many skills from working at Paramed that have enhanced my skills as a nursing student.The best part of working at Paramed was being able to help clients with various diagnosis.
Pros
learning new skills and gaining hands on experience of various diagnosis
Cons
No set hours ex. 0730 to 1930
Enjoyable and welcoming environment.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 December 2017
Working at the hospital was enjoyable and I learned a lot from the patients. The hospital environment was very supportive towards myself and other health care aides.
Great clients and other Psws
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON,1 December 2017
Management is very unprofessional, rude, not easy to talk to when you have to email everything, sending psws to see new clients before the client has been accessed by OT. That is how is how injuries happen. p
Pros
Decent wages, and with the old management it may even be better than it is now
Cons
Long hours, no help, vacation days being denied, and only 2 paid sick days a year
Great Company
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON27 November 2017
Great company to work for, not always guaranteed hours. Lots of skills learned, with very helpful nurses, Company tries to accommodate your schedule best as possible.
Rewarding place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 November 2017
*Well rounded career opportunity
*Meeting new people everyday
*Emotional and Physically demanding
*Not recommended for those in it just for a job.
*Needs compassion
*Understanding of physical and mental disabilities, that the clients face daily

Hardest part of job is the hours are not guaranteed. pay cheque can vary.

Most enjoyable is meeting the people and knowing your presence is making a positive impact on their daily living.
pleasure to work for this company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North York, ON17 November 2017
This company has provided me with wide area of knowledge and confidence to perform all functions of personal care. During my work at ParaMed Home Care, I performed a variety of tasks for clients including but not limited to; mobility, ambulation, and transferring, and other duties under the supervision of a registered nurse. I am able to efficiently give companionship to keep the clients engaged in routine life.
Good clients horrible mangement
PSW (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 November 2017
Its a great place to work to meet some great clinets. But the staff at this place is the worst staff you ever have to deal with. They expect you to work 10 hour days and when asked can you work longer and you say no they take hissy fits and are very rude to you. Everything is done through email which they never respond to at all. This company could be great if they got rid off the office staff and hired some psw to run things. I would never reccomend anyone to work here unless you want constant stress from these people..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible office staff, long hours, very stressful
Enjoyable
SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 November 2017
I really enjoyed working with all of the patients in the comfort of their own home. It gave me great pleasure to see them happy or to succeed with their daily activities.
Pros
good balance
The Most enjoyable experience
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 November 2017
I learned to face new challenges at work that makes me inspired and grow more as a person. I have the best colleagues and became all my friends. I got to meet different people with different culture which is fun to hear when they shared stories and adventure. The most enjoyable part in the job when we work as a team. I love being a Medical Staff I enjoy every single day working with people who are in need. Management was great!
Sadly went downhill after change of management
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2017
ParaMed is a fine place to work under good leadership. Sadly, this changed a year ago and the company is feeling the change in culture in a very negative way
to maintain a position in facility or hospital here in Edmonton
CHW. Cluster care (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 October 2017
as I love being a care giver each day starts off with a smile and possitive attitude towards each task during my day....hardest part of job is wanting to beable to do more for client/residents when its not on careplan....most enjoyable part of my day is knowing I made a difference and I did a good job
Pros
great support working together
Cons
not enough time for tasks
terrible place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2017
It's not even just a terrible job. It's terrible toward people who are counting on a service to better their lives. The office part of the operation has no compassion for the field workers and clients. In the office, it is a lot of just filling shifts with no regard to how continuity makes a large difference
lots of changes lately
Clinical Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
interesting work place culture.
I do not want to write review about the company. Thank you very much for asking. I answered the rest of your questions.
Pros
good coffee
Cons
all pros
this was great
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON12 October 2017
I had a great student placement here. Being able to make your own schedule is great when trying to work around different schedules. The hours are not guaranteed which is a down side.
an excellence experience you learned
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2017
a very nice people you gonna work with...a team work , compassionate employer,and good benefits, it is a home care who has a deep level of caring and compassionate
Pros
free time
Cons
Not a good place to work
Health Care Aide/Respite worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Not enough hours. Don't protect their staff from unclean/ unhealthy environments. And also alzheimer's clients who attack you. Send you back to dangerous situations and unclean/ unhealthy work environments.,
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours to survive on.
Great place to be
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
Days were busy but enjoyable
never a dull moment and every day presented a new challenge
I was part of a wonderful team, supportive in every way
It was hard work but lots of fun as well
Negative environment
RPN (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2017
High turnover. Lots of work to complete past working hours with no compensation. Upper Management is horrible has no respect for front line staff. Management doesn't try to keep good staff.
Loved te job just not the company
PSW (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON28 September 2017
This was my first PSW job. I loved the work, going to people's houses and helping them was great. I had some issues with my coordinator. The coordinators are just to under staffed and so errors occur and then they blame the bottom guy. this would be a great place to work if they had more staff in the scheduling department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9