ParaMed Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE company to work for!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 March 2017
I worked for Paramed in the office for 3yrs. It was the worst job I ever had. The management is absolutely the worst I've ever seen. If there is an opportunity to throw you under the bus and make themselves look good, they will. You can never get a straight answer from any other management team and not one of them agrees with the other so your instructions are always conflicted and confusing. You are expected to do the job of numerous people but get paid a disgraceful salary. I would not recommend this employer to a homeless person. Wait what am I thinking, working for Paramed pays so horribly you could be a homeless because you can't afford to pay your bills!!
Pros
Cons
poorly managed office, low salary, extremely unrealistic workload
I did recommend, but not now!
Personal Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 December 2016
Enjoyed the p/t flexible hours was on my own most the time & enjoyed the Clts too & they did come first not so much with management, the benefits none even tho it's offered, pay was minimum wage with no year end pay raise for all the work you do, no recognition, I wasn't appreciated enough, was given addition 2-4 dollars increase by the government , but how long was that going to last, I asked no answer. They do stay on top of any training that's needed which is mandatory & with pay, they use Blackberry cells to do the scheduling & emailing in concerns + adding any changes too this tech is one great thing, all I'm saying is I hope they realize how valuable a PSW is and be fair & offer $15-16 or more per hr!
Pros
Working on my own as well as the flex able hrs!
Cons
Under paid, not valued!
One of the better community care options but still...
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2017
Benefits are great, Hours are ridiculous, mandatory on call is ridiculous, management is a mess, pay rate is low. Drastic changes to company infrastructure on a monthly basis allowing no real adjustment to changes being made. I would only recommend ParaMed in a desperate situation.
fun and great staff
Personal Support Worker/Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
paraded was a great company t work for I had great supervisors who were always available when needed and offered solutions when asked . They offered CPR classes to us at no cost , gave us bonuses in summer and winter.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no free lunch for caregivers
enjoy learning new things
Client /service Specialist (Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, ON30 January 2017
I enjoy learning new things. I are reliable and dependable. Quicker learner and enjoy going to work. I have learnt lots from ParaMed I just haven't had to use my Medical schooling at all
Ok
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Notl15 December 2016
Paramed is a great company to work for the educational opportunities are endless. Co workers are nice and uplifting. Human resources personal are top notch and always for the employee.
Pros
Alot of educational oppertunities
paramed
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON24 August 2016
making your own hours is great if you have early appointment you can wait to see clients later in the day, wound care can be very interesting, from seeing a skin tear to a major incident, never a dull moment working for paramed out in the community, co workers are great and super helpful, everyone is always there to help when needed
Terrible management
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 August 2016
The only good thing about this job are the wonderful clients you interact with every day.The hourly wage is good,but,unless you are willing to work day and night,you will not get full time hours.It seems like every time I would get a lot of hours,CCAC would step in and start cutting client hours,so you would be back to part time.Its a no win situation.CCAC'S bottom line is saving money,at the expense of proper client care.When you try to advocate for your clients,it falls on deaf ears.All they care about is saving money..Supervisors rarely return messages,and there is no communication.I do not feel valued or respected for the hard work I do everyday.I advise anyone thinking of joining this company to stay away.You will not be valued or appreciated by this company.
Pros
Great clients, good hourly wage for senior employees
Cons
No full time hours, heartless CCAC workers always cutting client hours, terrible management
Great experience... but hours were an issue
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 January 2017
Not enough hours available for new staff.
Training was good
Just wished there was more options to get more then part time hours
Worst job of my life
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 August 2016
Management is horrendous, no follow through, no help no replies to any questions or issues. Coordinators pick favourites and most field staff just doesn't seem to care. Worst environment I've ever seen. Would not recommend this to anyone even my worst enemy
Pros
Elect to work
Cons
See comments
Excellent place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON22 June 2016
my day starts at 9 and so far i only have a few clients and i do fill ins when they have fill ins available. I bathe my clients and get them ready for their day. I have learned that every client is different and has their own wants and needs. Management is excellent they are always there 24/7 if i ever have any problems. I dont have any coworkers. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone. I care so much about people and my clients and I dont like to hear when some of my clients are embarrassed about having an accident for example. The most enjoyable part of my job is the smile on my clients faces when I have helped them. It truly is a rewarding job helping someone even if it's the smallest thing they appreciate it so much
Pros
pick and choose my hours
Cons
not getting enough consistent hours
Horrible!
PSW (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON31 May 2016
Rate of pay is lower than other home care providers starting only @ 15.50. Scheduling team is in Renfrew, Add on clients at the last minute, sure you get a blackberry but this is severely abused by Renfrew adding clients at the last minute and or at the same times.
Supervisors don't have answers about anything, and training by the supervisor if after hours is a no go even if they say they will be there, they're not.
They put too much on your and don't schedule properly, get your own scheduling team in Cornwall???

Information, is scarce and this company is going down in my opinion!

Horrible to employees and don't take clients requests lightly but in essence they really don't care about anything other than making money!
Pros
Working mostly by yourself, the clients
Cons
scheduling team, unprofessional, and not that great pay
great place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 May 2016
I have been with paramed for going on 4 years and it has had many good and bad times. but in the community it gives me flexibility to work around my families schedule. we have had our fair share of managers but they have been great for the most part.
Pros
flexible
Cons
can be demanding
Great
Community School Health Nurse (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 March 2016
I have four visits per day and get paid per visit. I have an amazing schedule and work with awesome kids. I assist kids to give their insulin. I have a great manager. My co-workers are caring people. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids grow up over the years.
Pros
Schedule is amazing
Cons
Unstable pay-If student is off I dont get paid
very fast pace place on your feet
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2016
helping assist clients with disabilities or seniors in a hospital setting; job included helping clients be fed, bathed, clothed, helped them with getting them in and out of bed, their mobility.
unprofessional workplace
office staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 January 2016
Awful place to work. Bullying, poor management, and just plain unprofessional. Management follows through on NOTHING. Bully's run the show. Say they have zero tolerance but do nothing. Cutbacks so staff are overworked, don't replace people when off so others resent them. Put out policies and then don't do anything about them if they are not followed. Basically some people just sit around on their cell phones or Internet all day in front of management and nothing is done about it while others work their butt off. So in a nutshell - work hard get nothing, be a bully and be rewarded.
Little room for advancement and learning opportunities
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 April 2016
Coworkers are very friendly but generally unhappy with the working conditions.

Management does not listen or ask for employees input.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Horrible place to work.
office employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON23 July 2016
I worked in the office for a few years. Management is horrid. If they don't like you for any reason...expect no support, to be lied to, bullied and expectations raise for just you. The nonsense that goes on in the office is unprofessional and ignored by management (shopping on line, facebook, constant personal cell phones ringing.) Breaks are only monitored for the non favorites. Staff meetings are a joke..it would appear that management is incapable of problem solving
Job advancement is nil Co-workers are gossips and are more concerned what's going on with others than doing their job. Job advancement is almost impossible unless you are on the managements favorite list, or are related in some way.
The thing that concerned me the most though, was the lack of follow through when issues with the psw's care for the clients were brought forward to management, and nothing was done about it. I would only assume that if the clients were one of their family members and needed the help that they would expect that the psw's would complete all tasks expected and stay the duration that they are being paid for
If you are a friend or related to management...it's a great place to work, however if you show up for work...do your job ...don't expect anything from the management team.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional, no guarantee of hours, horrible benefit package
Nice environment Friendly staff
PSW (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 December 2015
I would start by going to my first clients house in either their home or a facility and I would bath, dress and make their meals, and tidy up their homes.
Id clock my hours on my work cellphone as well as my driving time
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 February 2016
this job was also too strenuous I had to visit clients homes and help them in show and so forth and often times I didn't get enough hours only three clients per day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ParaMed. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7