ParaMed Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Great company for new-grad nurses
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 January 2017
ParaMed is a great company to start your health care career with. They offer a good benefits package, good hours and the opportunity to advance with the company and earn more based on your skill level and experience. Management is very supportive and approachable, I have nothing negative to say about any employee I have encountered in my two years with the company. It's always been a positive experience for me.
Pros
Work phone provided, great atmosphere, highly approachable management
Cons
Restricted/Limited client needs, can feel repetitive
they treat there employees very badly
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 January 2017
clt"s are wonderful but the supervisor is an idiot. supervisor does not stick up for employees. only got 1.50 raise in six years there. the decreased the pay for km travelled. not a good employer at all.
Pros
great clt
Cons
horrible supervisor
Fantastic organization for autonomous practice
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
- self-scheduling of patients for daily visits
- management very approachable and welcoming
- ability to guide your own practice as long as policies and procedures are being met
- on-call shifts 16:30-08:00 and then a full day of work the next day
- more on-call shifts than I anticipated and desired to work (very restricted in what you can do while you're on-call since you have to be available to see patients if you can't troubleshoot over the phone)
Pros
self-scheduling of daily patients
Cons
too many on-call shifts and too long of on-call shifts
I really enjoy my job and the clients that I service
RN Home Care Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON2 January 2017
The job and clients are enjoyable, but my wage and benefits are not very good. The company and management is very unorganized.
Productive day in Accounting
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
In my current position at ParaMed a typical day for me involved collecting any invoices and/or bills that needed to be paid for and doing so in a timely manner. Each day we inputted staff timesheets into our database to ensure staff pay was accurate and received on time with no errors. Created weekly reports for the Management team to show internal and external expenses. examples: Overtime report with regards to our staff out in the field. Hours of work for internal staff, and external staff. Number of clients/staff members. Answering questions from either external or internal staff regarding their pay. Example: errors or concerns re: hours worked. Also, entering new hires into database weekly.
Pros
Hardworking and fun team members
Clueless management, unruly employees
Clerical coordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 February 2017
Worst job I ever had. Management unprofessional and disengaged with the employees. Absenteeism isn't managed, office staff constantly calls in sick, resulting in snowball effect down the chain. Favoritism runs rampant as well as bullying amongst office staff. HR is non existent. Disgusting work environment.
Pros
Unlimited free sick days!!
Cons
Mismanaged employees
Love the great group of staff
RPN (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON22 December 2016
Love paramed best job ever flexibility is wonderful we eork to full scope and I have had many opratunitys to broaden my skills since joining g the team
Pros
Self scheduling flexible work life balance
Cons
Not busy enough low pay
No job security
RPN (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 June 2016
Hours are not consistent, and even though the majority of the contract workers are struggling to make ends meet they continue to hire new staff. Management is not supportive, mostly due to the extremely high turnover rate. Once they begin to address an issue they end up leaving and the problems become cyclical. Visiting staff is no longer allowed to enter through the staff door towards the back. Treated like lower class citizens when we have to pop into the office. Definitely a huge wall between office staff and visiting staff. Being an employee there has made me question my decision to become a nurse. I've doubted myself, my decisions, and my skill level and ultimately have come to realize that it's not me- it's the poisonous environment that is Paramed.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Lots
No Comment
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON26 January 2017
Busy schedule, lots of time management, multi tasking, constant non stop changes and scheduling issues. Lots of sick calls. Great to help people
less hours,no benefits
HCA (Current Employee) –  BC18 October 2016
they hire people who dont have a car and get paid the same as those who have cars. We pay union but its useless,no medical except msp. Revera was good until paramed took over. They don't care about us, all they care is money.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
less hours, less benefits
Excellent Home Care Provider
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 October 2016
I have worked for several home care agencies and this is the BEST agency to work for and provide high quality nursing care. The managers are devoted and practice enlightened management.
Pros
Highly educated nurses
good employer
Nursing Attendant and Food Service Aide Casual (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
They are good employers
good payers and respect and empower their employee
to work better and develop. I admire the management and the passion for excellence
busy faced paced environment
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 October 2016
I enjoyed working at ParaMed. My coworkers were like family. We all got along so well. I learned patience and understanding the needs of the clients and family members. I would schedule staff to go in clients home and tend to there personal care needs. I like the faced paced environment with organization
Pros
excellent communication with supervisor
Cons
job as assignment coordinator Moved to Belleville
job and life balances out but my salary doesn't meet my expectations
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 November 2016
I start my work early in the morning and finishes at evening.I try to take advantage of each moment to learn more and attain more skills. Moreover, I'm able to manage everything with my ten years of experience as a nurse.
Pros
can balance my work hours with my life.
Cons
less hours
Underpaid Overstress
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
For the peanuts this company pays it isn't worth the stress. There is no getting ahead of scheduling clients.

The supervisor for the coordinators is bias and will be unprofessional calling people out on the floor then speak with them face to face/ 1:1.

Turnover rate is high in the office.

Had over 4 receptionists in 8 months.
Flexible
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 November 2016
-Great co-workers, supervisors, coordinators
-Flexible schedules
-Meeting families
-Helping those in need
-Hard to get a stable income

A typical work day, checking your digital device for daily clients, traveling to their homes. Providing AM or HS care accordingly. Reporting observations to supervisor or coordinators, and documenting.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Best Agency I Ever Worked For !!!
health care provider (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 December 2016
I really can't say enough good things. They are the most professional health care agency I have ever worked for in the 25 years I have been a health care worker.
Pros
Very Professional and smart staff.
Cons
They could pay a bit more to the employees. I could make more money elsewhere, but am quite devoted to ParaMed, in spite of this.
Environment where you feel like you make a difference in the community
Clerical Coordinator/Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 December 2016
Great place to work. The office has been more like a family setting. Most of the staff work together to achieve and succeed.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks
Cons
Can be a stressful environment at times
Special attention to the needs of the clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2016
Enjoyed working for Paramed great company . I only left because I moved Out of province. I loved making my clients day a little brighter each day . flexible hours 24 hour support available from supervisors. Not 1 bad thing to say about Paramed
Pros
Caring and supportive company
Cons
No cons
mehh
Registered Practical Nurse/Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
pay is good but the hours very lacking, no consistency and makes things hard to plan life, technology is very behind and nurses arent given enough responsiblity.

ParaMed Home Health Care Reviews by Location