PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE

PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fellow workers were friendly
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2016
Pros: work if you like being treated badly
Cons: you are not respected
My view of the management team, was not what I would call professional at all. The management was not there for us. They did not address problems that occurred in a professional manner. It was more about them and their schedule, then it was about the workers.
stressful environment
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Cons: long hours, not structured
very stressful environment, high expectations for mediocre pay, not much support from management. Very disorganized, many of the field staff are not committed and there is a high turnover rate
Fast paced and well liked
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Warm enviroment to work in
Very good workplace to work at gives you the experience that you need to have for a PSW. Job was close to home and was convienent for me at the time being.
Good steping stone
PSW (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 1, 2016
ParaMed is a great place to work, they provide an excellent opportunity to refine skills.
There is lots of work available and overtime is always offered when working outside of your availability.

Management is always very busy but are eager to fix issues and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.

Overall ParaMed is a good place to work, and is an excellent stepping stone if you plan on applying to work in a hospital at a later date.
flexible work place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I would have liked more travel time $ but wage went up fairly quickly.
coordinators are a bit all over the place but supervisors are thorough
Hardest part is seeing your clients leave
Easiest part is getting along with the clients.
Over all a good place to work, benefits were good.
If you need help you get help.
Love the clients
Psw (Current Employee), Simcoe County, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Seeing clients smile, friendly staff and managment.
Cons: Pay, little hours.
I enjoy working with the clients. The company said I'd be full time however I am no where near full time hours. There's not enough down shifts to pick up to even get me close to full time hours. Pay is horrible. If I knew what I know now, I never would have left my other Job. I constantly stress about being able to pay bills now and am having to look for a 2nd job.
I really like my job as a psw
PSW (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: would like more hours
I help with adl's and lite house keeping showers .I learn that every person needs are different .I like my clients smile every time I see them
Excellent environment
registered nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: supportive staff
Excellent and supportive environment to work. Provides various inservices to help nurses keep their skill relevant and up to date
Previous employer
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 26, 2015
Exceptional as well. I feel that, even though i wasn't with Paramed long, that the care given to the clients was extremely attentive and compassionate. The organization was on top of things...always.
awful
PSW (Former Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONNovember 23, 2015
they dont fit around the clients need
basically hire people off the streets and do not perform proper training whatsoever

management has no concept of proper healthcare they act as business owners not health care professionals.

not one client i had liked paramed at all.

i would never suggest this company.
is fun depends how people feels every day but they are good must all the time
home support worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: not many hours
Cons: hard for me to know how many hours am gonna have every two weeks??
I always enjoy what I do,company is good,but I need more hours to work this is my only concern.I don~t like to work and a place where I don`t have my regulars hours is a little stressful for me,this is my reason to try to find another job.
caring for others
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: pleasing others
Cons: no enough hours
understanding people of other nations
rewarding when helping others
complete paper work daily and clearly
be prompt
hardest part was to get the people to feel use full
personal care bathing
my very first job experience as a health care aid back in 1992. :) Good ole days and nothing bad to say~ All very good!!
Health-care Aid...back in '92 (Former Employee), Windsor/Essex RegionlJune 11, 2015
Pros: Professional staff.
Cons: Long hours.
Para-med health-care is one of the best providers of professional health-care in windsor essex county and throughout our province. You will not be dissapointed to find out that your health-care provider is coming into your home from Para-med services. Only the very best are welcomed into the professional team of this nursing and personal support service to our community. Trust ensured, you and your family have no need to worry. Exceptional and professional care will be introduced and provided leaving you feeling the support and professional care that you as an individual surely deserve.
Productive Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: to promote independent living.
Cons: long hours
In home care is demanding, but its worth it to have the clients stay in their own homw as long as they can function independently with the help of a PSW. I love the job but not the distance in driving from one client to another out of town. I also like the independent work and one on one with the client. They appreciate what we do for them.
Good place, need a backbone though
wore lots of hats (Former Employee), LondonMay 13, 2015
It was a good place
co workers were great, job is good, never really down time, always busy.
Manager not so great, Has favorites. Demands, Controls, Disrespects.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: pretty much worked on my own
Cons: spit shifts
personal support worker
enjoyed helping people
working split shifts
I like working for paramed they gave me lots of hours and were very helpful for training
Management knows nothing about my job
PSW (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, freedom in my work schedule
Cons: my manager is clueless
I love my clients. I love my job. Management is clueless as to what truly needs to be done in the home. I sent my supervisor numerous emails regarding the needs for clients and often the needs didn't get met. Not sure if she passed it on to CCAC or not.

Lots of advocating to my supervisor regarding clients' needs with little to no action. Again that could be CCAC's fault. I have had to give clients my personal phone number due to a lack of ability to communicate with the family.

I love my co-ordinator because she understands what I do.

The pay needs some work. I give nursing home-style care and advocate just like they do in the DSW field and in nursing homes.

I wish my supervisor would come out and witness how care must be completed. I have clients who have lifts. I am not supposed to operate them until I am trained by a physiotherapist. Meanwhile, their 70 yr old arthritic spouse is expected to operate it. I have operated it to spare her pain.

I love my job, just wish management would revamp policies to make them apply to our clients
Poor Management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), KitchenerJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: wear and tear is heavy on personal vehicle
No opportunities for advancement and management only cares about the numbers not the quality of care given to its patients
Supportive employee to clients and staff.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Guelph and Cambridge, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: wages
I would see between 5 and 8 seniors everyday
Seniors are very informative and always have great stories to tell
Co-workers were very helpful and worked as a team
it is never easy when a client passes on.
I really enjoyed my job as a PSW. Being there to help the clients thru some of their toughest toughest times, made me feel rewarded in my job.
JOB fULFILLMENT
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2014
RECEIVING FULFILLMENT BUT HAVING MY CLIENTS PASS AWAY IS THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB.