PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE

PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: to promote independent living.
Cons: long hours
In home care is demanding, but its worth it to have the clients stay in their own homw as long as they can function independently with the help of a PSW. I love the job but not the distance in driving from one client to another out of town. I also like the independent work and one on one with the client. They appreciate what we do for them.
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: pretty much worked on my own
Cons: spit shifts
personal support worker
enjoyed helping people
working split shifts
I like working for paramed they gave me lots of hours and were very helpful for training
Management knows nothing about my job
PSW (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, freedom in my work schedule
Cons: my manager is clueless
I love my clients. I love my job. Management is clueless as to what truly needs to be done in the home. I sent my supervisor numerous emails regarding the needs for clients and often the needs didn't get – more... met. Not sure if she passed it on to CCAC or not.

Lots of advocating to my supervisor regarding clients' needs with little to no action. Again that could be CCAC's fault. I have had to give clients my personal phone number due to a lack of ability to communicate with the family.

I love my co-ordinator because she understands what I do.

The pay needs some work. I give nursing home-style care and advocate just like they do in the DSW field and in nursing homes.

I wish my supervisor would come out and witness how care must be completed. I have clients who have lifts. I am not supposed to operate them until I am trained by a physiotherapist. Meanwhile, their 70 yr old arthritic spouse is expected to operate it. I have operated it to spare her pain.

I love my job, just wish management would revamp policies to make them apply to our clients – less
Poor Management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), KitchenerJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: wear and tear is heavy on personal vehicle
No opportunities for advancement and management only cares about the numbers not the quality of care given to its patients
Supportive employee to clients and staff.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Guelph and Cambridge, ONNovember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: wages
I would see between 5 and 8 seniors everyday
Seniors are very informative and always have great stories to tell
Co-workers were very helpful and worked as a team
it is never easy when a client passes on.
I really enjoyed my job as a PSW. Being there to help the clients thru some of their toughest toughest times, made me feel rewarded in my job.
JOB fULFILLMENT
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 4, 2014
RECEIVING FULFILLMENT BUT HAVING MY CLIENTS PASS AWAY IS THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB.
clents are like a family
Home services worker or SOS (Current Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 13, 2014
I think the most enjoyable part of the my job is that I get to talk with the same people everyweek and get to know them on a personable level, I think the hardest part is the amount of driving and looking for parking spots in the city is not that much fun, I work by myself for approx. 2 hours with each client cleaning their house as to what jobs they want me to do
fun work place
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), 2003-2014August 28, 2014
full time work, cookind studyind and exercising after work
Great company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 12, 2014
Fun, family oriented environment, enjoy helping others. Very diverse team. HIgh attention to detail and superb customer service skills.
Co-workers vs. Management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), London ontarioAugust 4, 2014
Co-workers were great. Management was terrible. Enjoyed working with all my clients.
Rewarding job with a few annoyances
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Niagara on the LakeMay 27, 2014
Pros: extremely rewarding job
Cons: makes for a very long day if you are filled up all day with only little gaps between clients.
Overall I enjoyed my time as a PSW with Paramed.
The wonderful clients I had the pleasure of knowing really made my job a lot easier.
Can set up your own schedule and the office is flexible with your availability.
Communication between PSW/coordinator could sometimes be frustrating, but there were many wonderful girls in the office that were a lot of help.
Long work hours, supportive management, disorganized schedule
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Scarborough/Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: supportive management, building relationships with clients
Cons: long hours, split shifts, last-minute scheduling, no salary increases
Work hours were typically long days (7am-7pm), however the days were split (often 3-4 hours off in the afternoon, unpaid) I found these split hours to be frustrating because it left little free time. I – more... ended up working 6 days a week to ensure full-time hours and felt burnt out. Management is great and supportive and the coordinators are great, very appreciative of them and their hard work. Often there was last-minute calling to schedule client visits which I felt was frustrating but unavoidable. Additionally, high amounts of personal travel costs which I felt was not appropriately paid for. – less
Productive and a challenging workplace. A stepping stone, training ground and where my nursing skills were refined.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), London, ONMay 3, 2014
Cons: long hours, minimum pay
Being a staff nurse handling different cases, routinely being rotated in different areas in the hospital from the operating room to the ward, it is where I have fully embraced nursing as a profession. My superiors and colleagues were so supportive, they lend a hand for a budding professional like me. Though the pay was minimum, it is where I had found myself being productive professionally.
Productive Caring Environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Belleville, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: always getting gifts, lots of education upgrading
Cons: split shifts
I am a Personal Support Worker, I am a recent graduate from Loyalist College, I am passionate about palliative care, dementia care, and overall caring for the ill, and those who need rehabilitation from surgeries. Management are great they are there all the time when you need someone to talk to, co-workers are very good, and great atmosphere. I enjoy every bit of my job, and find no task hard.
A very difficult way to make a living.
Psw (Current Employee), OshawaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great clients
Cons: no appreciation from management
Wonderful clients,but no appreciation or respect from management.no raise in salary or gas allowance in 5 years.always begging for hours.
Overall a good place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: no advancement opportunities
The people I worked with amazing, it was a stressful environment at times, we helped and supported one another through the tough times. Communication and listening skills were heightened due to the type – more... of inbound calls that we were receiving. You just had to know when to stop and listen and not get caught up with all the work ahead of you. A typical day, was generally very busy, customer service and health care company the demands can be very high at times. – less
Lots of work
Accounting Coordinator - Full Time (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: small working environment.
Cons: long hours
Lots of work to be done and not enough staff which leads to excess pressure on others. Good place to work for. A women denominated office.
Professional and fair company
Personal Support Worker - Community Homecare (Current Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 22, 2013
One of the best paying homecare positions. Management is fair and approachable. Some co-ordinator problems, mainly with one person only. A great company to work for.
good hrs
Full time Medical Coordinator (Current Employee), Niagara On The LakeAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: high stress
overall assisting clients with their needs is very rewarding
productive and fun environment
Licensed Practical Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 5, 2013
supervising and mentoring unregulated care providers. contact stakeholders.

About PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE

Providers of exceptional quality Home Health Care services and Workplace Health and Wellness programs. With an outcome-based approach – Read more