ParaMed Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive day in Accounting
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
In my current position at ParaMed a typical day for me involved collecting any invoices and/or bills that needed to be paid for and doing so in a timely manner. Each day we inputted staff timesheets into our database to ensure staff pay was accurate and received on time with no errors. Created weekly reports for the Management team to show internal and external expenses. examples: Overtime report with regards to our staff out in the field. Hours of work for internal staff, and external staff. Number of clients/staff members. Answering questions from either external or internal staff regarding their pay. Example: errors or concerns re: hours worked. Also, entering new hires into database weekly.
Pros
Hardworking and fun team members
No job security
RPN (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 June 2016
Hours are not consistent, and even though the majority of the contract workers are struggling to make ends meet they continue to hire new staff. Management is not supportive, mostly due to the extremely high turnover rate. Once they begin to address an issue they end up leaving and the problems become cyclical. Visiting staff is no longer allowed to enter through the staff door towards the back. Treated like lower class citizens when we have to pop into the office. Definitely a huge wall between office staff and visiting staff. Being an employee there has made me question my decision to become a nurse. I've doubted myself, my decisions, and my skill level and ultimately have come to realize that it's not me- it's the poisonous environment that is Paramed.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Lots
less hours,no benefits
HCA (Current Employee) –  BC18 October 2016
they hire people who dont have a car and get paid the same as those who have cars. We pay union but its useless,no medical except msp. Revera was good until paramed took over. They don't care about us, all they care is money.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
less hours, less benefits
Excellent Home Care Provider
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 October 2016
I have worked for several home care agencies and this is the BEST agency to work for and provide high quality nursing care. The managers are devoted and practice enlightened management.
Pros
Highly educated nurses
good employer
Nursing Attendant and Food Service Aide Casual (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
They are good employers
good payers and respect and empower their employee
to work better and develop. I admire the management and the passion for excellence
busy faced paced environment
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 October 2016
I enjoyed working at ParaMed. My coworkers were like family. We all got along so well. I learned patience and understanding the needs of the clients and family members. I would schedule staff to go in clients home and tend to there personal care needs. I like the faced paced environment with organization
Pros
excellent communication with supervisor
Cons
job as assignment coordinator Moved to Belleville
Underpaid Overstress
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
For the peanuts this company pays it isn't worth the stress. There is no getting ahead of scheduling clients.

The supervisor for the coordinators is bias and will be unprofessional calling people out on the floor then speak with them face to face/ 1:1.

Turnover rate is high in the office.

Had over 4 receptionists in 8 months.
job and life balances out but my salary doesn't meet my expectations
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 November 2016
I start my work early in the morning and finishes at evening.I try to take advantage of each moment to learn more and attain more skills. Moreover, I'm able to manage everything with my ten years of experience as a nurse.
Pros
can balance my work hours with my life.
Cons
less hours
stressful environment
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 February 2016
very stressful environment, high expectations for mediocre pay, not much support from management. Very disorganized, many of the field staff are not committed and there is a high turnover rate
Cons
long hours, not structured
Special attention to the needs of the clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2016
Enjoyed working for Paramed great company . I only left because I moved Out of province. I loved making my clients day a little brighter each day . flexible hours 24 hour support available from supervisors. Not 1 bad thing to say about Paramed
Pros
Caring and supportive company
Cons
No cons
Good
RPN (Current Employee) –  London ontario30 July 2016
I am one of the RPN recently started to work with paramed.It is the best place to work.Flexible hours and good co workers and co ordinators.Actually I was really struggling to do APR and Opens.But now I am gaining confidence because of the help of my well knowledged clinical supervisors.I really love to work with paramed because they are really caring me as a staff.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough in class training on APR and doing opens, discharge and other paper works.
Love my clients
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2016
We can not receive more then a weeks vacation at a time even if we book it off 11 months in advance. We never know if our supervisor will be around to answer question.
Hardest part of the job is organizing our own schedule because the schedulers don't know how to or don't want too
Cons
No break when working a long day
Worst place
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2016
The location in South Keys, Ottawa, was horribly managed. All staff were constantly stressed with no support from upper management. A disappointment because the pay was good but HR down to operations and even front desk was miserable. Stay away.
fellow workers were friendly
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 April 2016
My view of the management team, was not what I would call professional at all. The management was not there for us. They did not address problems that occurred in a professional manner. It was more about them and their schedule, then it was about the workers.
Pros
work if you like being treated badly
Cons
you are not respected
Amazing place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 September 2016
I would have never left if it weren't for the car accident I was in. I loved working with the coordinators and my clients. Such a fun and uplifting company to have had the pleasure of working for! Was a second family for me.
Good steping stone
PSW (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2016
ParaMed is a great place to work, they provide an excellent opportunity to refine skills.
There is lots of work available and overtime is always offered when working outside of your availability.

Management is always very busy but are eager to fix issues and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.

Overall ParaMed is a good place to work, and is an excellent stepping stone if you plan on applying to work in a hospital at a later date.
Office
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON7 May 2016
Busy fast paced environment.
Team work is a must!
Supportive management team is also an asset.
It's a job- and a job is a job.
Long work hours, supportive management, disorganized schedule
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough/Toronto, ON27 May 2014
Work hours were typically long days (7am-7pm), however the days were split (often 3-4 hours off in the afternoon, unpaid) I found these split hours to be frustrating because it left little free time. I ended up working 6 days a week to ensure full-time hours and felt burnt out. Management is great and supportive and the coordinators are great, very appreciative of them and their hard work. Often there was last-minute calling to schedule client visits which I felt was frustrating but unavoidable. Additionally, high amounts of personal travel costs which I felt was not appropriately paid for.
Pros
Supportive management, building relationships with clients
Cons
Long hours, split shifts, last-minute scheduling, no salary increases
Good place to learn skills in a fast paced environment.
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 July 2016
Paramed is a good place to learn skills in a fast paced environment while also learning to effectively manage your time.
very flexible
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 May 2016
Able to adapt work schedule around academic schedule - very flexible. Good clients, good pay. However, very difficult to plan weeks in advance as schedule is received three days ahead.
Pros
good learning opportunities for nursing/flexible schedule
Cons
split shifts/ hours not always guaranteed

ParaMed Home Health Care Reviews by Location