PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE

PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to learn skills in a fast paced environment.
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 14, 2016
Paramed is a good place to learn skills in a fast paced environment while also learning to effectively manage your time.
No job security
RPN (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 14, 2016
Hours are not consistent, and even though the majority of the contract workers are struggling to make ends meet they continue to hire new staff. Management is not supportive, mostly due to the extremely high turnover rate. Once they begin to address an issue they end up leaving and the problems become cyclical. Visiting staff is no longer allowed to enter through the staff door towards the back. Treated like lower class citizens when we have to pop into the office. Definitely a huge wall between office staff and visiting staff. Being an employee there has made me question my decision to become a nurse. I've doubted myself, my decisions, and my skill level and ultimately have come to realize that it's not me- it's the poisonous environment that is Paramed.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Lots
Wonderful company
Visiting nurse (Current Employee) –  East durhamMay 15, 2016
Currently employed with this company and love it, it has a great team spirit and is very appreciative of their employees. However, I am looking to settle in Dufferin County.
Worst place
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 11, 2016
The location in South Keys, Ottawa, was horribly managed. All staff were constantly stressed with no support from upper management. A disappointment because the pay was good but HR down to operations and even front desk was miserable. Stay away.
very flexible
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 7, 2016
Able to adapt work schedule around academic schedule - very flexible. Good clients, good pay. However, very difficult to plan weeks in advance as schedule is received three days ahead.
Pros
good learning opportunities for nursing/flexible schedule
Cons
split shifts/ hours not always guaranteed
Office
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONMay 7, 2016
Busy fast paced environment.
Team work is a must!
Supportive management team is also an asset.
It's a job- and a job is a job.
Very Valuable Experience
REGISTERED PRACTIAL NURSE ENHANCED (RPNE) (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ONApril 21, 2016
During my years at Paramed Home Health Care I enjoy the very valuable experiences and continue to acquired a tremendous skill set.
fellow workers were friendly
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2016
My view of the management team, was not what I would call professional at all. The management was not there for us. They did not address problems that occurred in a professional manner. It was more about them and their schedule, then it was about the workers.
Pros
work if you like being treated badly
Cons
you are not respected
stressful environment
Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 29, 2016
very stressful environment, high expectations for mediocre pay, not much support from management. Very disorganized, many of the field staff are not committed and there is a high turnover rate
Cons
long hours, not structured
Fast paced and well liked
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Very good workplace to work at gives you the experience that you need to have for a PSW. Job was close to home and was convienent for me at the time being.
Pros
Warm enviroment to work in
Good steping stone
PSW (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 1, 2016
ParaMed is a great place to work, they provide an excellent opportunity to refine skills.
There is lots of work available and overtime is always offered when working outside of your availability.

Management is always very busy but are eager to fix issues and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.

Overall ParaMed is a good place to work, and is an excellent stepping stone if you plan on applying to work in a hospital at a later date.
flexible work place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I would have liked more travel time $ but wage went up fairly quickly.
coordinators are a bit all over the place but supervisors are thorough
Hardest part is seeing your clients leave
Easiest part is getting along with the clients.
Over all a good place to work, benefits were good.
If you need help you get help.
Love the clients
Psw (Current Employee) –  Simcoe County, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoy working with the clients. The company said I'd be full time however I am no where near full time hours. There's not enough down shifts to pick up to even get me close to full time hours. Pay is horrible. If I knew what I know now, I never would have left my other Job. I constantly stress about being able to pay bills now and am having to look for a 2nd job.
Pros
Seeing clients smile, friendly staff and managment.
Cons
Pay, little hours.
I really like my job as a psw
PSW (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I help with adl's and lite house keeping showers .I learn that every person needs are different .I like my clients smile every time I see them
Pros
would like more hours
Excellent environment
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Excellent and supportive environment to work. Provides various inservices to help nurses keep their skill relevant and up to date
Pros
supportive staff
Previous employer
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 26, 2015
Exceptional as well. I feel that, even though i wasn't with Paramed long, that the care given to the clients was extremely attentive and compassionate. The organization was on top of things...always.
awful
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONNovember 23, 2015
they dont fit around the clients need
basically hire people off the streets and do not perform proper training whatsoever

management has no concept of proper healthcare they act as business owners not health care professionals.

not one client i had liked paramed at all.

i would never suggest this company.
is fun depends how people feels every day but they are good must all the time
home support worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
I always enjoy what I do,company is good,but I need more hours to work this is my only concern.I don~t like to work and a place where I don`t have my regulars hours is a little stressful for me,this is my reason to try to find another job.
Pros
not many hours
Cons
hard for me to know how many hours am gonna have every two weeks??
caring for others
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 26, 2015
understanding people of other nations
rewarding when helping others
complete paper work daily and clearly
be prompt
hardest part was to get the people to feel use full
personal care bathing
Pros
pleasing others
Cons
no enough hours
my very first job experience as a health care aid back in 1992. :) Good ole days and nothing bad to say~ All very good!!
Health-care Aid...back in '92 (Former Employee) –  Windsor/Essex RegionlJune 11, 2015
Para-med health-care is one of the best providers of professional health-care in windsor essex county and throughout our province. You will not be dissapointed to find out that your health-care provider is coming into your home from Para-med services. Only the very best are welcomed into the professional team of this nursing and personal support service to our community. Trust ensured, you and your family have no need to worry. Exceptional and professional care will be introduced and provided leaving you feeling the support and professional care that you as an individual surely deserve.
Pros
Professional staff.
Cons
Long hours.

PARAMED HOME HEALTH CARE Reviews by Job Title