Paragon Security

Paragon Security Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good part time job while in school.
Security guard/Concierge (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2014
Obviously these kinds of jobs are not meant to be career choices. Work load is not heavy. Pay is not good for a reason. Management was good overall, but takes long time to communicate back to you.
fun environment
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: rude customers
Made inbound/outbound calls, did data entry on ever call, verified sales, and the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Job is alright great coworkers
Security Guard (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 12, 2014
Horrible company no room for any advancement unless you've been at the same site for minimum 5 years even then you need friends in high places to get a promotion. Company always second guesses your every move and never has your back in any situation. Always have to look over your shoulder as head office/supervisor is always spying
Productive and fun place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 2, 2014
I enjoy working at my place . I have learned a lot of new things. Data log, Dispatching , inventory track. My co-workers. Improved my verbal and personal skills
Overall its a great company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2014
What I personally like about this company is that it treats their employees like family and not just an employee, which really shows that they care about you.
Fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
Pros: fun job, good money
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was proceed with my patrols, make reports, help others. What I learned was this is an awesome field to work in, easy management. Friendly environment, friendly co-workers. There wasn't any hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was it was fun.
productive and busy
Team Administrator (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: politics
Paragon was a good place to work at first, you got your job done and it was a laid back atmosphere. After a while in the office you learn to see the politics between people mostly management. It seems to be if you keep away from them it is ok.
There was never a formal performance review done in the 9 months that I worked there. Informal review was done – more... and followed up on but no record.
Things are promised to guards and staff but are not seen through (raises, promotions, change in positions) – less
scarborough
Security Guard (Former Employee), 1210 sheppard Ave. East, toronto, On,M2K 1E3January 5, 2014
Tuesday to Saturday from 4 to midnight
enjoy my job
My co-worker sometime was late and I have to stay a little bit late
get long with my co-worker never had any problem
always worked as team
making sure bukdings are secure and safe
Security Guard (Current Employee), mississaugaDecember 30, 2013
Pros: driving around and being your own boss on the shift
Cons: long hours and nite shift
looking for windows or doors unsecure.
making sure that parking lot are found all in order.
helping staff members safe to there cars
security guard
security guard (Former Employee), corus entertainmentNovember 25, 2013
The management is good and cooperative. When they just start a new site then things really sucks. Paragon just got a new
contract with a new site which was secured by g4s before. They keep same g4s few employes on the site. There is totally mismanagement is going on the site. The supervisor do not know how to manage a site. He is not providing proper – more... information to the guards working there. If something wrong happens then they blame the guards. The stupid maintenance monitor the security like the thieves. The security is on site to secure the site.
The management really needs to know what is going on the site
The stupid maintenance is blaming new guards instead of site supervisor. The corus entertainment site really sucks. – less
Great place to start in the Security and Law industry
Assistant Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2013
Great company to start and develope into the Security industry,
A continuous learning experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: garaunteed employment
Cons: very difficult to maitain personal fortitude.
A fantastic company to make you realize where you want to be.
fun and also life lessons shown.
Paragon Security (Former Employee), rexdale, ontarioNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
trying to catch people stealing, also patrolling the mall most of the day a security guard.
Reasonably productive job sites
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto,ONTOctober 21, 2013
In the field of security you can have many different things happen from day to day.
Flexible and reliable
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: pay rate
The jobs gives the worker a chance to gain a variety of knowledge from doing a variety of security jobs.
A LOT OF FAN IN MY JOB
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: total autonomy
Work in security is just work for people, costumer service is the key issue to perform the job very well. There are lots of things to learn, sometimes is hard, and sometimes is enjoyable but at the very end of your day, you will have a smile when you look back and see what you did for people. DEFINITIVELY I LIKE MY JOB. IT0 IS A PASSION.
ideal security company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2013
It was a good experience, The people who at the site i was at were very easy to work along side with.
Fast pace work!
Patrol Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2013
Pros: taught me basics of accounting
Pizza depo was a very knowledgeable experience. It was my first job in which I learned how to manage a store and take the business into my own hands. Here I learned the basics of accounting; how to how to manage accounts, how to read the lost and profits sheets and to see how much the revenue the store has earned. Since I was the store manager I kept – more... my respect with the employees, I was very helpful and helped the store as much as I could. The toughest part of the job was the hours since I couldn’t find enough time for my education. – less
Good Work site
Security Guard - Aviva Canada (Current Employee), ScarboroughJune 14, 2013
Pros: very quiet site.
Very easy job.
I get along with all the employees here at Aviva.
Management team is cooperative and very good communication.
Co-workers are awesome, always have eachothers back.
Hardest part-None
Director of Security Services in Toronto's financial district
Director of Security Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
Functioning as a Director of Security at King and University in Toronto was always exciting, fulfilling and a non-stop learning opportunity. This is critical infrastructure that constitutes the country's economic engine. The professional, dynamic, fast paced environment was incredibly stimulating.

Normally as a live-in contractor, the relationship – more... has limited boundaries of authority. I was fortunate enough to serve Bentall Kennedy on many corporate levels, outside my daily Director role on site. Unfortunately, because Bentall Kennedy does not include Security in the company's strategic design, there is no opportunity for advancement. – less

1 2 3