Paragon Security Employee Reviews

Security can be dull
Desk Guard / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto25 April 2017
Like many jobs, who you are working with is much more important than where you are working or what you are doing. Many of your duties can be mundane and monotonous, but good teammates can make you day.
Typical Garbage Contract Security Company
Former Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
What can I say? Your treated like gold and told the world when hired. However your treated like a number and nothing more with Paragon. The training is decent, however the Management is brutal. Very low standards and professionalism is shown when dealing with issues.

Whatever the issue is they will do what is convenient for them. If you need a job its ok, however be aware of empty promises. I would advise any one looking to advance themselves professionally to look elsewhere. Low pay for an company that calls themselves professionals.

If high turnover rate, low pay, low moral on sites are what you seek, then Paragon is your company.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Lack of advancement, low pay, quality of life outside of work
cant get hold of managment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
started out here and at first it was good, they hire everyone though and not enough places to put people. Pay is very low and was never able to get a hold of management or coordinators.
Cut throat!
Consierge (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
I worked for this ridiculous rip off company as a consierge at a residential condo.

The training was a joke, they teach you to follow "the post orders" and when you do the correct thing the site ppl get rid of you, although you are doing what you are supposed to do. They send you to another site.

The residents are miserable people hard to please, not to mention if there is a fire alarm and you trying to do what you have been train for and to put up with all the nonsense !

Just so you all will and should know the pay is a big joke, minimum wage to work for this company

I would give it 0 stars cause that what they deserve, and like a job agency all they want is your $$$ !!!
BEWARE PEOPLE GET A BETTER JOB...YOU GONNA REGRET!!!!
Pros
Cons
Uncaring management, long hrs and little pay!
Productive and Quiet workplace
SECURITY GUARD/CONCIERGE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
I work at Kilgour Estate 1, a condominium north of Eglinton on Bayview Ave. This is the first site Paragon gave me. I worked the swing shift and got switched to afternoon within 4 months. Very quiet and good environment. I have been here for a year now and its fine.
Pros
Quiet, very nice people and not a lot of dramas
Cons
hour feels longer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON8 March 2017
fun love my job , its great working with resisdent and mangement good problem sovling , learning new thing and dealing with new arising sitiuation acting in a proffessional manner
Pros
fun
Cons
fun
Good instructors and efficient training
Security Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
They offered me a job right after the end of my training in a very prestigious condominium working overnights. All the residents loved me and I did my best to accommodate them. However, working nights, and not being able to sleep well during the day, made me extremely ill. I provided Paragon with doctor's notes indicating that I was unable to work nights any longer. Therefore, I asked the management for a day job, but they offered me a job in a horrible building- without proper training, to replace a very diligent employee that had worked for them for years. I refused to do such an immoral thing. And shortly after that, the management dismissed me for being unsuitable for their company.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Unprofessional and biased management
Horrific hours for Horrificly low pay - no overtime all security companies cheap.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON4 March 2017
This is my situation and i speak formyself alone.

Picture this, you are working shifts such as 11pm-11am on a friday, only to return the same sunday to work 11am to 11pm

wednesdays you work 7am-3pm and tuesday from 3 pm-11pm lol.

you are doing this for under 1500$ monthly, lol. just imagine.
Pros
easy work
Cons
pay, work/life balance
Great Management
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Its amazing how you can benefit from working in security at Paragon . Working there had taught me to develop outstanding skills from interpersonal skills to problem-solving abilites .
Management is understanding and always listening to new suggestions and complains .
Sometimes , dealing with the public can be stressful in Security but Positivity is always the answer and in most cases it pays off.
Pros
New friends
No chance of advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2017
The advancement is very limited and liability is 100% yourself despite the fact that a union deducts from your paycheck EVERY time. Hours are fixed/varied without any say & pay is severely low in security industry vs. the potential of what you may deal with.
Great company to work for!
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  floater8 February 2017
The staff at Paragon are always approachable and friendly! I am currently a full time student therefore I chose to be a floater and I get amazing flexible hours
fun workplace
Licensed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 February 2017
-patrol hallways and report any issues
-good communication skills
-friendly management
-everyone got along well with each other
-constantly paying attention to everything coming over the radio
-conversing with people on campus
Pros
great staff
Cons
Better than average security firm
Security (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 January 2017
Prompt pay. Caring management that is very flexible and willing to work with employees. Most enjoyable part is working with people. interesting coworkers.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Challenging shifts
Unfair Treatment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
I was not very happy, I felt that I was a different type of treatment. An unfair treatment that is. I would personally say it was a terrible experience working for them.
Amazing Company to work for
Receptionist & Hydro One Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
Loved working with Paragon, would go back in a heartbeat, only reason I left was I moved out of Toronto. Great staff, training and options of schedules and work environment
Relevant entry-level job for a career in law enforcement
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON4 January 2017
Provides experiences that prepares for a potential career in law enforcement. Constant engagement with police officers daily(depending on the job site).
Love my job
Security supervisor concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I been working for Paragon security for the past fours years, two as a security guard two as a security supervisor. My main job site are Condominium concierge desk excellent customer service.
Pros
LOTS OF DIFFERENT CULTURES
Cons
LONG HOURS
Just to pay the bills
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
It is the worst to place to work, no opportunities. Their employees are just their hoard of cash pickers who make them good money but they can't even pay the employees a competitive salary. They are the worst, the management sucks, everything is a big joke to them.
Pros
All the problems of your work life
Cons
Everything about this company
Bad company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 December 2016
They're low paying, low benefits, they treat you bad at certain sites. Some employees talk behind your back, and otherwise shows no respect to the new guys. Stay away from Paragon if you want to have a better job in Security.
Simple Job
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
Very simple job. Hires a lot of people to fill positions. Very little room for advancement. Constant moving around from site to site. Booking time off is really difficult.
Pros
Meet a lot of nice people throughout the day
Cons
Terrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8