Paragon Security Employee Reviews

Valuable work experience and community-orientated
Security Officer/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
A typical day varies from day to day as i worked the swing shift, but the daily routines would include a quick brief from the Guards of the previous shifts, access patrol, exterior and interior patrols, and receiving emails/calls from many residents and answering their needs. Co-workers i was involved with were excellent and professional. The hardest part of the job were always the emergency situations, as you never know when or what to expect. From fire alarms to domestic disputes, all were challenging but I was able to stay calm and handle each situation easily. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interactions with multiple individuals on a daily basis, which set the job atmosphere positively and always looked forward to starting shifts. You always learn something new every shift, which is what i looked forward too.
Pros
Social Interactions, Networking, Atmosphere
Cons
Salary
All that Glitters is NOT Gold....
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
I was told at the Training Session when I joined this company was that you can move up and do really well with Paragon as long as you do a good job and put in the effort....well...I have worked hard and dedicated myself to the company and it has been a financial struggle more than anything else.
In (6) six years of working for Paragon I had to fight and argue to receive a raise.
From then on...I was deemed a Problem Maker by HR Management.
I inquired about moving up in the company, since I have over 20 years experience, and I get the same attitude from Management that "There are over a thousand guys wanting to get in the Head Office as Managers but there's no room."
I have seen employees who joined the company later than I did and they are already working at the Head Office.
It seems like unless you have Friends in High Places...there is no way you can rise up in this company.
Definitely will be looking elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Nice Uniforms
Cons
Trying to get a raise with this company is like pulling teeth.
Contracts change every couple years so most companies take over the employees contract
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Well this company has been better then many companies that I've worked for in the past. But the end is still the same, the place of work changes companies every couple years and the employees have a choice to stay with the company that you work for or stay at the contract, so whichever company takes over you become an employee there.
Pros
Job security, know you have many places you can work.
Cons
Low salary for the responsiblities.
Low Wages but Fun Job
Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2016
There is very little room for growth with this company. They also advertise higher wages than they actually pay, you will start at minimum wage and if you get a raise it will be at very most only a dollar above minimum wage. The job is very easy and you work with great people.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Long Hours Low Pay
Good working relationship.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
People good to work with management not supportive to staff I would not recommend them Good people to work with the last job I had good working relationship with the supervisor. The wages and benefits were acceptable gained some valuable experience.
Pros
Salary and benifts
Cons
Not a good working invirement.
Decent security company.
Concierge security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
As master concierge a typical day at work would be arriving quarter to 8am, being briefed by the night guard and reviewing notes. Once morning arrives for the majority of residents I would greet them as well as discuss any issues they are having pertaining to maintenance or getting them parcels that were delivered prior.

I would discuss any issues with property management who would be the client of my company and get feedback on what I could do with my team to enhance our security and customer service, which leaves a lasting impression on residents.
Pros
Free coffee, decent pay.
Cons
No breaks/lunch, if someone was late for their shift you had to stay, no discipline for those who were late.
Stay away from this company
Corporate Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
I wouldn't recommend this unscrupulous company to anyone looking for a job in the security sector! They advertise various job postings on indeed, you send your resume in good faith, then you receive a call from a recruiter inviting you to come in to there head office in North York. The nosey receptionist requests to see your license, and requests another copy of your resume even though you have already forwarded a copy to the HR dept. You are told to fill out their job application form which includes an employment contract that you are forced to sign even before you are made a job offer or anything! Once you are called in for the interview, the HR recruiter announces that the job you applied for is no longer available, he only just found about it which is total garbagge. Nice way to waste your time, especially if your coming from the opposite end of the city. Do your self a favor and avoid this horrible Security company, like other people have advised on indeed and Glass Door.
Pros
Cons
None - Dont' waste your time
diverse
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2016
Working at Paragon security was very exciting because it was diverse. Everyday was a different day, did not know what to expect on my shift.
I learned to have better communication skills and a good judgment of people as I encountered 50+ people on a daily basis.
Management and co-worker were very helpful and always provided help when help was needed.
The job itself is not a hard job at all, some people make the job sound hard.
Pros
Cons
rotational shifts (nights and days)
Productive and friendly environment
Front Desk Concierge/Gatehouse Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2016
A typical day at work is very easy going, i check the cameras frequently and interact with the guests and residents of the building. I've learned how to have patience with residents and how to deal with their issue to the best of my ability. I get along with the management very well. I am by myself my whole shift the only time i am with workers is when we are in transition. Their aren't any hard parts in this job, the most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the residents.
working with people , solving promblems
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2016
Keeping people and property safe. It was fun and exciting work. Trying to solve problems on your own as most time you work only. Each day was different and sometime challenging. I love working with people and helping them.
Pros
working with people
Cons
long hours sometime.
My review of Paragons company
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at work was fairly organized and consisted of standard procedures. With this company I was able to learn various ways to deal with different personalities and types of people. I also learn how think quickly in certain conflicts and scenarios. Management was fair when keep in mind that I was a university student and had to dedicate a specific amount of time to school. My co-workers were always respectful and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was finding a balance between pleasing residents, while following the companies policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting a lot of new people and developing new relationships.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconvinent work ours
Decnt company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2016
West ends office is reliable and trustworthy. Management varies though from site to site as with any security company. Wages are good and pay is never late . Other companies aren't as good of a place to work for. Overall enjoy my job
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Sometimes its a complete trainwreck
Disappointing, Disrespectful & Deplorable.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 September 2016
Pros- Wage: The hourly wage for "guarding" this particular client was one of the two pros. It is higher than the industry standard, but not worth it when you take into account the following cons.
Pros- Union: Luckily this site has a union but guards are too afraid to involve them for fear of losing their jobs.

Cons- Management: Out of touch with the actual duties of the guards. Too many Managers always "passing the buck" and getting in each others way.
Cons- Schedule: Due to the constant miscommunication between the client and Paragon there are countless schedule changes making it near impossible to have another part-time job. Also, they DO NOT have full-time permanent positions for guards off the street. It's part-time until you "apply" for one internally.
Cons- Parking: No parking onsite for Security staff.
Cons- Training: The training programs are ill equipped to prepare you for the position. They are 5 days long, but should be it least 10.
Cons: Supervisors (IRC)- They have one persons back. They're own.
Cons: Staff Turnover- It's a revolving door for guards due to the reasons I've listed above. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring for this (not a shopping centre) location.
Pros
Hourly Wage, Union
Cons
Management/Supervisors, Work Enviroment, Scheduling, Parking, Communication, Staff Turnover, Training
Its a stepping stone to reach a career within similar duites of what you would do as a security guard at a hospital
Security Guard / Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
1- I have had an amazing time because i met amazing people that turned into life long friendships I couldn't have had anywhere else

2- Get breifed, change into uniform, complete what is required of your duties for the day

3- You need to experience it for your self to know what it's like
Pros
u'll make best friends, and amazing contacts, work along with nurses cops doctors etc
Cons
not all patients think of you as wanting to help them so be careful
Paragon Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 May 2016
I am very happy working for Paragon Security. I get enough hours, the employees are professional and friendly and it is a very secure job. The downfall is that I work 12 hour overnights and this is hard on my body due to my weekly schedule, but there is nothing wrong with this, it is simply a personal opinion.
Pros
secure pay
Cons
overnights/long hours
Good Part-time job
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2015
Good place to work, okay benefits. They hire anyone and put them on the job but they do train well. Booking days off is really hard at times. Sometimes they will call you and ask where you are on your day off, even if you have booked off days ago.
productive and good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2016
I have joined paragon back in 2013 and it was an amazing experience that i had by working with this company.

I was working with minimum supervision; therefore I have put all my afforded in this job.

In this job, I have learned and achieved a new level of experience when it comes to deal with Consumers and Managment.

I was grateful to have this job and the opportunity to help to my community.
False advertising of hourly wage
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Downtown toronto4 November 2016
Advertising say one thing and when you go there is a totally different thing.no one gets 16 per hour no matter what.
You do more than just security work.the work load is heavy for just 12 per hour. The Scheldule is ridiculous and work only in the company 's favor.
Disorganised
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Lack of organization with the scheduled shifts a guard must work. No proof or copy of schedule is given to the security guards for follow up. The schedule is sent by word of mouth or through phone. No communication between Schedulers or higher ups to security guards.
Pros
Supervisors and colleuages at the site itself.
Cons
Disorganised and lack of communication
Mobile Patrol Supervisor
Mobile Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
- Quality assurance
- Testing and Training
- Conducting patrols
- Good management and strong culture
- The most enjoyable part of the job comes from being outside driving with little supervision.
Pros
Driving, minor supervision
Cons
extra work at short notice

2.8