Paragon Security Employee Reviews

working with people , solving promblems
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Keeping people and property safe. It was fun and exciting work. Trying to solve problems on your own as most time you work only. Each day was different and sometime challenging. I love working with people and helping them.
Pros
working with people
Cons
long hours sometime.
Decent security company.
Concierge security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2016
As master concierge a typical day at work would be arriving quarter to 8am, being briefed by the night guard and reviewing notes. Once morning arrives for the majority of residents I would greet them as well as discuss any issues they are having pertaining to maintenance or getting them parcels that were delivered prior.

I would discuss any issues with property management who would be the client of my company and get feedback on what I could do with my team to enhance our security and customer service, which leaves a lasting impression on residents.
Pros
Free coffee, decent pay.
Cons
No breaks/lunch, if someone was late for their shift you had to stay, no discipline for those who were late.
Disappointing, Disrespectful & Deplorable.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Pros- Wage: The hourly wage for "guarding" this particular client was one of the two pros. It is higher than the industry standard, but not worth it when you take into account the following cons.
Pros- Union: Luckily this site has a union but guards are too afraid to involve them for fear of losing their jobs.

Cons- Management: Out of touch with the actual duties of the guards. Too many Managers always "passing the buck" and getting in each others way.
Cons- Schedule: Due to the constant miscommunication between the client and Paragon there are countless schedule changes making it near impossible to have another part-time job. Also, they DO NOT have full-time permanent positions for guards off the street. It's part-time until you "apply" for one internally.
Cons- Parking: No parking onsite for Security staff.
Cons- Training: The training programs are ill equipped to prepare you for the position. They are 5 days long, but should be it least 10.
Cons: Supervisors (IRC)- They have one persons back. They're own.
Cons: Staff Turnover- It's a revolving door for guards due to the reasons I've listed above. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring for this (not a shopping centre) location.
Pros
Hourly Wage, Union
Cons
Management/Supervisors, Work Enviroment, Scheduling, Parking, Communication, Staff Turnover, Training
Its okay.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Just like every other security company. Nothing especially good or bad about them, 40 hour training course is decent, and you get an interview immediately after you complete it.
Good team and teamwork.
Security (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2016
Its a very safe workplace. I learned how to deal with different people everyday. Great co-workers and very co-opertive. Hardest part is everyday I have to face different situation but that is also helpful to progress my confident level.
Disorganised
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2016
Lack of organization with the scheduled shifts a guard must work. No proof or copy of schedule is given to the security guards for follow up. The schedule is sent by word of mouth or through phone. No communication between Schedulers or higher ups to security guards.
Pros
Supervisors and colleuages at the site itself.
Cons
Disorganised and lack of communication
Its a stepping stone to reach a career within similar duites of what you would do as a security guard at a hospital
Security Guard / Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2016
1- I have had an amazing time because i met amazing people that turned into life long friendships I couldn't have had anywhere else

2- Get breifed, change into uniform, complete what is required of your duties for the day

3- You need to experience it for your self to know what it's like
Pros
u'll make best friends, and amazing contacts, work along with nurses cops doctors etc
Cons
not all patients think of you as wanting to help them so be careful
productive and good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2016
I have joined paragon back in 2013 and it was an amazing experience that i had by working with this company.

I was working with minimum supervision; therefore I have put all my afforded in this job.

In this job, I have learned and achieved a new level of experience when it comes to deal with Consumers and Managment.

I was grateful to have this job and the opportunity to help to my community.
Conceirge
Concierge services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Dealing first hand with the public/residents of the condo suites, and interacting with them was great. The duties that I was obligated to preform were also good.
Productive and friendly environment
Front Desk Concierge/Gatehouse Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work is very easy going, i check the cameras frequently and interact with the guests and residents of the building. I've learned how to have patience with residents and how to deal with their issue to the best of my ability. I get along with the management very well. I am by myself my whole shift the only time i am with workers is when we are in transition. Their aren't any hard parts in this job, the most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the residents.
All that Glitters is NOT Gold....
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
I was told at the Training Session when I joined this company was that you can move up and do really well with Paragon as long as you do a good job and put in the effort....well...I have worked hard and dedicated myself to the company and it has been a financial struggle more than anything else.
In (6) six years of working for Paragon I had to fight and argue to receive a raise.
From then on...I was deemed a Problem Maker by HR Management.
I inquired about moving up in the company, since I have over 20 years experience, and I get the same attitude from Management that "There are over a thousand guys wanting to get in the Head Office as Managers but there's no room."
I have seen employees who joined the company later than I did and they are already working at the Head Office.
It seems like unless you have Friends in High Places...there is no way you can rise up in this company.
Definitely will be looking elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Nice Uniforms
Cons
Trying to get a raise with this company is like pulling teeth.
nice site
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  square oneJuly 11, 2016
its really nice place to work in the management staff is forthcoming and listen to the issues and try to solve them .the scheduler is a fantastic person
Pros
they are assessable
Cons
pay rates
Working with paragon------- good or bad----u decide
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ONJuly 7, 2016
I got my licence from this company in September 2015. They promised to give job too. But they gave me work just for 3-4 days in Xmas. They make the people fool that they will provide job. After that they call once every 2-3 months for one shift where no guards go. You cannot go due to some other job. Then they ask you to return uniform. They deduct money and keep the uniform too. Is this not a way of snatching money from people. If they charge money, they are not supposed to get uniform back. At the end when you return uniform, and issue for full price to new guards. Then they issue record of employment with "M" code, means dimissed. These low natured paragon bosses do not think, if they cannot provide work then how they are mentioning this code. This creates trouble for you for next security company. So, in this case, neber tell to new security company that you worked in this stupid company.. This is their meanness. They think all employees are their slaves. They can write ten times "M" code. we do not care.. But just for information of people who want to work for paragon. You do not need to agree with me. That is Your choice.

Just if you want to get training of security guard, it is fine. But do not rely if they say we will give you work. That is befooling the people and snatching money from innocent immigrants.
Pros
making fool
Cons
no hours
Dont go to the walk-in they are not hiring.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
I wasted my time by following up on this post. I went in for a walk-in interview in June 2016 and I was told straight forward that there are no jobs available here. This happened after I fill out a long questionnaire/form and had all my information and ID Photo copied. I would like to inform others so they are not deceived by this as well.
good company but needs improvement on alot of areas
Security Guard / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
Patrolling the mall checking to make sure doors are secured, contractor escorts, arrests. Didn't feel welcomed or comfortable with paragon and how they handle things
Paragon Security
Concierge (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 30, 2016
Fun work environment. Sometimes the days get busy but most of the time its very chill. The Client service manager is very helpful. When it comes down to Property Managers they are very strict some times
Paragon Security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 19, 2016
I am very happy working for Paragon Security. I get enough hours, the employees are professional and friendly and it is a very secure job. The downfall is that I work 12 hour overnights and this is hard on my body due to my weekly schedule, but there is nothing wrong with this, it is simply a personal opinion.
Pros
secure pay
Cons
overnights/long hours
My review of Paragons company
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work was fairly organized and consisted of standard procedures. With this company I was able to learn various ways to deal with different personalities and types of people. I also learn how think quickly in certain conflicts and scenarios. Management was fair when keep in mind that I was a university student and had to dedicate a specific amount of time to school. My co-workers were always respectful and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was finding a balance between pleasing residents, while following the companies policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting a lot of new people and developing new relationships.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconvinent work ours
Paragon Security Review
SECURITY GUARD / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
The workplace was great but as for the management they don't treat you like a person they just treat you like a number. For example if you call to take shifts they will give you shifts but if you are home one night and they call you and you decline the shift they will stop calling you for shifts.
Non enjoyable
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Low pay and terrible hours. They constantly messed up my pay every week . The Hr department was extremley underqualified and had no idea what they were doing.

2.9