Paragon Security

Paragon Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I good place to work to learn responsibility and security procedures.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Not really physically tiring.
Cons: You have to working weekends and holidays.
On a typical day, you have to complete building inspections, sign in and out contractors and cleaning employees, and go for hourly patrols to make sure the mall is in good order. The co-workers you work with are very friendly and helpful and will assist you when their help is needed. My supervisor was strict when he needed to be, but was also a good person to work with. He was firm, but fair. The hardest part of the job was on the days when you have to work by yourself and a situation arises where you need another security guard to back you up. In those situations, Police would need to be called if a situation was too dangerous for one person to handle. The most enjoyable part of the job is to go on exterior and interior mall patrols to see if the mall is in proper order.
Great company to work for, take care of their employees
Receptionist & Hydro One Concierge (Former Employee), 483 Bay Street, Toronto, OntarioAugust 2, 2015
This was a great company to work for, they do their best to get you a site placement that will be perfect for you, they train their staff very well before being put on the job. The employees are very well taken care of, very family oriented company.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2015
Every time I come in to work I would greet every residence with a smile. I enjoyed the company of every residence. I learned the qualities of various different cultures. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and management. Management was really helpful when I was in need of more shifts. I think the hardest part of being a concierge is ensuring everyones safety while performing day to day tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be meeting new people and speaking with residence.
Good working experiene
Security Guard (Current Employee), misssissaugaJune 30, 2015
good working experience learned a lot, they treat everyone wit respect and everyone equally. Great company to start off your security career with
Semi-Productive Company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJune 23, 2015
Pros: High Paying Sites
Cons: Lack of Shifts
I found it is hard to gain a full time position with the company due to the constant shifts in schedules which made it hard to obtain a full time position which was secure/
Paragon Employer
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
Provided security for shopping malls for square one and condominiums. I was taught quality skills with customer cliental.
Security Director (Current Employee), Parkway PlaceJune 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: High turnover
I learned everything that I needed to know from being a Security Guard to being a Security Director.

The property management changed very often and I never had an issue with anyone at all.

My co-workers are hard working individuals that strive to make our team shine.

Hardest part of the job was the turnover of staff and management.
Productive and learning environment
Concierge (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good sites
Cons: Longs hours specially in nights
Overall good working environment with supporting management and colleagues.
Overall good working environment with supporting management and colleagues.
Work place had not the conditions to perform security duties properly.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Security Officer can created a new ways to perform duties and development ideas.
Cons: Post orders did not go to the reality on the daily basis
Paragon has a good training department, however when people are deployed to the security services posts, everything change dramatically. There is a lack of supervision, and communication between CEO's and security supervisors and guards. Post orders are opposite to the reality.
Very friendly and helpful co-workers with a lot of opportunities to grow.
Guard (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 15, 2015
- Arrive at different sites and talk to the property manager to understand everything that is expected from me.
- Dealing with clients to keep a good relation with the company for future business.
- Very helpful and easily accessible
- Very helpful and friendly
- Very friendly co-workers where it makes it feel like you're not working.
Pretty mundane on midight shift
Security Guard (Former Employee), Condominium at Old Mill stationMay 6, 2015
Pros: easy going on midnights and ressdents were friendly
Cons: 12 hour weekend shifts, 3 out 4 weekends
Condominium Concierge, greets visitors and residents and does access control at front desk. Calls up residents to get clearance for guest to enter. receives and signs for deliveries then organizes them for pick -up and notifies residents, Patrols Condominium, once a shift during slow times. Keeps a logbook hourly and writes reports on special circumstances that may occur such as accidents and incidents. keeps a sharp look out for residents in need of assistance or trouble.This is solitary work with just you and the clients and management occasionally visiting.I worked the midnight shift and the hardest part was 3 out 4 weekends were 12 hour shifts back to back.
Good for first opportunity
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent for students
Cons: Long hours
Is an excellent company. It helps its employees to develop customer service skills and critical thinking. Is an excellent start for people who has no Canadian experience and want to enter to the Canadian Job force. Paragon also has the option of working part time that fits perfect for students.
professional enviroment
Concierge/ Front/ Info desk (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: NO
Cons: 24/7
Take control of the safety and enforcement of the side at all time. No mistake is acceptable on duty as everything depends on the decisions you make.
Interesting place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), North York, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Typical night at work is usually sitting around watching patients, I learned a lot about different mental health and social issues. Management is horrible and not trustworthy at all. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the Mental Health Act patients. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone through a rough time in their life.
Great place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough hours.
Great place to work and enjoyed the hours that were available.
Productive and Assertive
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2014
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: mid-night shift
Its a very quite and proffessional working environment. They take very keen interest in their employees and they make sure that we are poperly trained before they put us out on sites.
Learned alot and gave me great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 13, 2014
Great working environments, enjoyed the people I worked with. They projected a positive image on health and safety standards. Property management, officers and residents had a great relationship.
ups an downs
Security Guard (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay steady day job
Cons: being let go after 28yrs service
busy
a lot of things
no comment
lovely people
cut throat atmosphere
again the people
High-paced and interesting job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
A typical day includes area patrols, access checks and construction inspections as well as interaction with the public

This job provided me with me with a vast understanding and familiarity with the corporate culture of the financial district and the high-pace of the downtown core.

Management was professional, part of the team, and willing to take full control and responsibility in times of crisis or emergency.

Coworkers were all trained professionals and capable of all duties required.

The most difficult part of that job was the intensity and high-paced atmosphere which requires improvisational skills and thinking on your feet.

The most enjoyable part of the job is related to the high-paced atmosphere. No two days are alike.
ok
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: get experience, good stepping stone to become a cop
Cons: pay is not there, only good for short term work
ok if your single, young person or retired. Good experience if you wanna become a cop or branch to different kinds of security

1 2 3

About Paragon Security

Paragon Security is Canada's largest family owned security company. In business since 1976, we employ over 3,500 security professionals – Read more

Paragon Security Photos

Join our team of professionals
Real Jobs Now!