Paragon Security Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Guard (Former Employee) –  75 east Liberty13 June 2017
Fun workplace I was concierge the residents were wonderful people but the management was disaster there is no money in security its waste of time and sometimes it can be risky so it's not worth it there is lots of other opportunities out there
Pros
Cons
Waste of precious time
Drama company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Never a fixed one28 May 2017
They say they have a lot of work but never got full time
Only care about is the price for their uniform
Make a lot of drama , about the job and the company but in fact it's fake
Some times I get 3 or 4 hours shift only , this company is for certain people who get all the benefits but others are to do the shot part for them
Also you end up working for about 7.5 an hour , as they deduct money for uniform , union , taxes , not a promising thing
It's good as a start to make your way to other better companies
Some people there are real a** ***** !!
Pros
Cons
Short hours
working for them for half a year
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
still no benefits.......
way better opportunities with other companies.....
still no full time position ...
no day shifts....
give out 4 hour shifts....
Satisfactory
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone in my personal life to work for Paragon. They are a good company, very strict with certain rules. The site I worked at was very demanding and a lot of hierarchy happens behind closed doors
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome place to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 May 2017
Hours are very flexible and it has a great work environment.

The team that you get to work with make everyday exciting and everyone is more than willing to teach each other. Supervisors are very good at communicating with staff and working with you to get the hours you want.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this company.
Pros
Friendly supervisors, flexible hours
Cons
Boring periods (expected with a security job)
Horrible People to work with
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 May 2017
The job itself was very rewarding however the people I worked with were horrible especially the supervisor! There was way too much DRAMA on the team! The supervisor took advantage of one of his employees, hired her based on her looks and when he was finished with her, he had her fired because he didn't want to face the fact that he was using her while he was waiting to marry someone. A supervisor did this... and he got away with it. Oh how I wish you knew what's happened in that office you sit in.. and to the women who work here in the future, be very cautious as I wouldn't want you to be a victim either.

I'd also like to point out that these guards stay in the office watching Netflix on their phone while "monitoring CCTV", they play games on the computer, they sit around talking instead of doing their job they are being paid to do... very unprofessional. This sets a bad example to new guards and then they wonder why they can't complete their probabtion properly...

When I started working for Paragon, I was very proud of myself and had so much respect for the company... and this experience changed it all.
Part time
Security Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Various job locations6 May 2017
Will often give you shifts on the days you specifically say you can not work. Will not specify your kind of work until last minute. Coworkers are amazing
Good Guards, bad management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
Everyone you work with at your site are amazing, however management is terrible, constant pay mistakes and schedule mistakes, schedulers are terrible at their job, no support from the higher ups for legitimate safety concerns with equipment and resources.
There are much better companies out there
Productive and a very busy working place.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto26 April 2017
Co-workers and supervisors were helpful. I really enjoyed my job as I learned a lot and got lot of inspirations.Very busy environment. However, pay rate was minimum wage.
Security can be dull
Desk Guard / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto25 April 2017
Like many jobs, who you are working with is much more important than where you are working or what you are doing. Many of your duties can be mundane and monotonous, but good teammates can make you day.
Typical Garbage Contract Security Company
Former Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
What can I say? Your treated like gold and told the world when hired. However your treated like a number and nothing more with Paragon. The training is decent, however the Management is brutal. Very low standards and professionalism is shown when dealing with issues.

Whatever the issue is they will do what is convenient for them. If you need a job its ok, however be aware of empty promises. I would advise any one looking to advance themselves professionally to look elsewhere. Low pay for an company that calls themselves professionals.

If high turnover rate, low pay, low moral on sites are what you seek, then Paragon is your company.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Lack of advancement, low pay, quality of life outside of work
cant get hold of managment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
started out here and at first it was good, they hire everyone though and not enough places to put people. Pay is very low and was never able to get a hold of management or coordinators.
Worthy for the experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
Management is very disorganized and lacks constant communication with their employees.
Management is also often rude especially when they call you last minute hoping you'll pick up a shift.
Lack the ability to provide some sort of set schedule or rotational schedule to make the life and work balance better and easier.
Salary is a good place to start however won't be enough for a career.
Get to deal with a large diversity of different people daily on the job and helps expand knowledge with the public.
Cut throat!
Consierge (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
I worked for this ridiculous rip off company as a consierge at a residential condo.

The training was a joke, they teach you to follow "the post orders" and when you do the correct thing the site ppl get rid of you, although you are doing what you are supposed to do. They send you to another site.

The residents are miserable people hard to please, not to mention if there is a fire alarm and you trying to do what you have been train for and to put up with all the nonsense !

Just so you all will and should know the pay is a big joke, minimum wage to work for this company

I would give it 0 stars cause that what they deserve, and like a job agency all they want is your $$$ !!!
BEWARE PEOPLE GET A BETTER JOB...YOU GONNA REGRET!!!!
Pros
Cons
Uncaring management, long hrs and little pay!
Productive and Quiet workplace
SECURITY GUARD/CONCIERGE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
I work at Kilgour Estate 1, a condominium north of Eglinton on Bayview Ave. This is the first site Paragon gave me. I worked the swing shift and got switched to afternoon within 4 months. Very quiet and good environment. I have been here for a year now and its fine.
Pros
Quiet, very nice people and not a lot of dramas
Cons
hour feels longer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON8 March 2017
fun love my job , its great working with resisdent and mangement good problem sovling , learning new thing and dealing with new arising sitiuation acting in a proffessional manner
Pros
fun
Cons
fun
Good instructors and efficient training
Security Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
They offered me a job right after the end of my training in a very prestigious condominium working overnights. All the residents loved me and I did my best to accommodate them. However, working nights, and not being able to sleep well during the day, made me extremely ill. I provided Paragon with doctor's notes indicating that I was unable to work nights any longer. Therefore, I asked the management for a day job, but they offered me a job in a horrible building- without proper training, to replace a very diligent employee that had worked for them for years. I refused to do such an immoral thing. And shortly after that, the management dismissed me for being unsuitable for their company.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Unprofessional and biased management
Horrific hours for Horrificly low pay - no overtime all security companies cheap.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON4 March 2017
This is my situation and i speak formyself alone.

Picture this, you are working shifts such as 11pm-11am on a friday, only to return the same sunday to work 11am to 11pm

wednesdays you work 7am-3pm and tuesday from 3 pm-11pm lol.

you are doing this for under 1500$ monthly, lol. just imagine.
Pros
easy work
Cons
pay, work/life balance
Great Management
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Its amazing how you can benefit from working in security at Paragon . Working there had taught me to develop outstanding skills from interpersonal skills to problem-solving abilites .
Management is understanding and always listening to new suggestions and complains .
Sometimes , dealing with the public can be stressful in Security but Positivity is always the answer and in most cases it pays off.
Pros
New friends
No chance of advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2017
The advancement is very limited and liability is 100% yourself despite the fact that a union deducts from your paycheck EVERY time. Hours are fixed/varied without any say & pay is severely low in security industry vs. the potential of what you may deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paragon Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8