Paragon Security Employee Reviews

Just to pay the bills
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
It is the worst to place to work, no opportunities. Their employees are just their hoard of cash pickers who make them good money but they can't even pay the employees a competitive salary. They are the worst, the management sucks, everything is a big joke to them.
Pros
All the problems of your work life
Cons
Everything about this company
Valuable work experience and community-orientated
Security Officer/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
A typical day varies from day to day as i worked the swing shift, but the daily routines would include a quick brief from the Guards of the previous shifts, access patrol, exterior and interior patrols, and receiving emails/calls from many residents and answering their needs. Co-workers i was involved with were excellent and professional. The hardest part of the job were always the emergency situations, as you never know when or what to expect. From fire alarms to domestic disputes, all were challenging but I was able to stay calm and handle each situation easily. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interactions with multiple individuals on a daily basis, which set the job atmosphere positively and always looked forward to starting shifts. You always learn something new every shift, which is what i looked forward too.
Pros
Social Interactions, Networking, Atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Contracts change every couple years so most companies take over the employees contract
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
Well this company has been better then many companies that I've worked for in the past. But the end is still the same, the place of work changes companies every couple years and the employees have a choice to stay with the company that you work for or stay at the contract, so whichever company takes over you become an employee there.
Pros
Job security, know you have many places you can work.
Cons
Low salary for the responsiblities.
All that Glitters is NOT Gold....
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
I was told at the Training Session when I joined this company was that you can move up and do really well with Paragon as long as you do a good job and put in the effort....well...I have worked hard and dedicated myself to the company and it has been a financial struggle more than anything else.
In (6) six years of working for Paragon I had to fight and argue to receive a raise.
From then on...I was deemed a Problem Maker by HR Management.
I inquired about moving up in the company, since I have over 20 years experience, and I get the same attitude from Management that "There are over a thousand guys wanting to get in the Head Office as Managers but there's no room."
I have seen employees who joined the company later than I did and they are already working at the Head Office.
It seems like unless you have Friends in High Places...there is no way you can rise up in this company.
Definitely will be looking elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Nice Uniforms
Cons
Trying to get a raise with this company is like pulling teeth.
Low Wages but Fun Job
Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 October 2016
There is very little room for growth with this company. They also advertise higher wages than they actually pay, you will start at minimum wage and if you get a raise it will be at very most only a dollar above minimum wage. The job is very easy and you work with great people.
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Long Hours Low Pay
Good working relationship.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
People good to work with management not supportive to staff I would not recommend them Good people to work with the last job I had good working relationship with the supervisor. The wages and benefits were acceptable gained some valuable experience.
Pros
Salary and benifts
Cons
Not a good working invirement.
Bad company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 December 2016
They're low paying, low benefits, they treat you bad at certain sites. Some employees talk behind your back, and otherwise shows no respect to the new guys. Stay away from Paragon if you want to have a better job in Security.
Love my job
Security supervisor concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I been working for Paragon security for the past fours years, two as a security guard two as a security supervisor. My main job site are Condominium concierge desk excellent customer service.
Pros
LOTS OF DIFFERENT CULTURES
Cons
LONG HOURS
Decent security company.
Concierge security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
As master concierge a typical day at work would be arriving quarter to 8am, being briefed by the night guard and reviewing notes. Once morning arrives for the majority of residents I would greet them as well as discuss any issues they are having pertaining to maintenance or getting them parcels that were delivered prior.

I would discuss any issues with property management who would be the client of my company and get feedback on what I could do with my team to enhance our security and customer service, which leaves a lasting impression on residents.
Pros
Free coffee, decent pay.
Cons
No breaks/lunch, if someone was late for their shift you had to stay, no discipline for those who were late.
Not necessary posting jobs mean they have jobs.
Previous security guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton6 December 2016
In simple english, they dont have enough jobs to provide to everyone. They have ads everywhere but when you registered with them, they wont call you. Or maybe you are one of employee who got Permanent job.
Second they like floating people around which means you may not have permanent location you may working one day here and another day somewhere. So be ready to be a floater. You may have to call everyday to find where you going today because like I said "floater".
Advice for new starter:
Ask them whether they really have something for you or go somewhere else. Dont waste your time waiting.
Pros
They provide good training
Cons
Not enough hours
No chance of advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 February 2017
The advancement is very limited and liability is 100% yourself despite the fact that a union deducts from your paycheck EVERY time. Hours are fixed/varied without any say & pay is severely low in security industry vs. the potential of what you may deal with.
Stay away from this company
Corporate Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
I wouldn't recommend this unscrupulous company to anyone looking for a job in the security sector! They advertise various job postings on indeed, you send your resume in good faith, then you receive a call from a recruiter inviting you to come in to there head office in North York. The nosey receptionist requests to see your license, and requests another copy of your resume even though you have already forwarded a copy to the HR dept. You are told to fill out their job application form which includes an employment contract that you are forced to sign even before you are made a job offer or anything! Once you are called in for the interview, the HR recruiter announces that the job you applied for is no longer available, he only just found about it which is total garbagge. Nice way to waste your time, especially if your coming from the opposite end of the city. Do your self a favor and avoid this horrible Security company, like other people have advised on indeed and Glass Door.
Pros
Cons
None - Dont' waste your time
Decnt company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2016
West ends office is reliable and trustworthy. Management varies though from site to site as with any security company. Wages are good and pay is never late . Other companies aren't as good of a place to work for. Overall enjoy my job
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Sometimes its a complete trainwreck
Simple Job
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
Very simple job. Hires a lot of people to fill positions. Very little room for advancement. Constant moving around from site to site. Booking time off is really difficult.
Pros
Meet a lot of nice people throughout the day
Cons
Terrible pay
Relevant entry-level job for a career in law enforcement
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON4 January 2017
Provides experiences that prepares for a potential career in law enforcement. Constant engagement with police officers daily(depending on the job site).
working with people , solving promblems
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 September 2016
Keeping people and property safe. It was fun and exciting work. Trying to solve problems on your own as most time you work only. Each day was different and sometime challenging. I love working with people and helping them.
Pros
working with people
Cons
long hours sometime.
Better than average security firm
Security (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 January 2017
Prompt pay. Caring management that is very flexible and willing to work with employees. Most enjoyable part is working with people. interesting coworkers.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Challenging shifts
Productive and friendly environment
Front Desk Concierge/Gatehouse Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 July 2016
A typical day at work is very easy going, i check the cameras frequently and interact with the guests and residents of the building. I've learned how to have patience with residents and how to deal with their issue to the best of my ability. I get along with the management very well. I am by myself my whole shift the only time i am with workers is when we are in transition. Their aren't any hard parts in this job, the most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the residents.
diverse
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2016
Working at Paragon security was very exciting because it was diverse. Everyday was a different day, did not know what to expect on my shift.
I learned to have better communication skills and a good judgment of people as I encountered 50+ people on a daily basis.
Management and co-worker were very helpful and always provided help when help was needed.
The job itself is not a hard job at all, some people make the job sound hard.
Pros
Cons
rotational shifts (nights and days)
Disappointing, Disrespectful & Deplorable.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 September 2016
Pros- Wage: The hourly wage for "guarding" this particular client was one of the two pros. It is higher than the industry standard, but not worth it when you take into account the following cons.
Pros- Union: Luckily this site has a union but guards are too afraid to involve them for fear of losing their jobs.

Cons- Management: Out of touch with the actual duties of the guards. Too many Managers always "passing the buck" and getting in each others way.
Cons- Schedule: Due to the constant miscommunication between the client and Paragon there are countless schedule changes making it near impossible to have another part-time job. Also, they DO NOT have full-time permanent positions for guards off the street. It's part-time until you "apply" for one internally.
Cons- Parking: No parking onsite for Security staff.
Cons- Training: The training programs are ill equipped to prepare you for the position. They are 5 days long, but should be it least 10.
Cons: Supervisors (IRC)- They have one persons back. They're own.
Cons: Staff Turnover- It's a revolving door for guards due to the reasons I've listed above. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring for this (not a shopping centre) location.
Pros
Hourly Wage, Union
Cons
Management/Supervisors, Work Enviroment, Scheduling, Parking, Communication, Staff Turnover, Training

2.9