Paragon Security Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Paragon Security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 19, 2016
Pros: secure pay
Cons: overnights/long hours
I am very happy working for Paragon Security. I get enough hours, the employees are professional and friendly and it is a very secure job. The downfall is that I work 12 hour overnights and this is hard on my body due to my weekly schedule, but there is nothing wrong with this, it is simply a personal opinion.
Paragon Security Review
SECURITY GUARD / Receptionist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
The workplace was great but as for the management they don't treat you like a person they just treat you like a number. For example if you call to take shifts they will give you shifts but if you are home one night and they call you and you decline the shift they will stop calling you for shifts.
Non enjoyable
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Low pay and terrible hours. They constantly messed up my pay every week . The Hr department was extremley underqualified and had no idea what they were doing.
Mobile Patrol Supervisor
Mobile Patrol Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
Pros: Driving, minor supervision
Cons: extra work at short notice
- Quality assurance
- Testing and Training
- Conducting patrols
- Good management and strong culture
- The most enjoyable part of the job comes from being outside driving with little supervision.
diverse
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 6, 2016
Pros: long hours
Cons: rotational shifts (nights and days)
Working at Paragon security was very exciting because it was diverse. Everyday was a different day, did not know what to expect on my shift.
I learned to have better communication skills and a good judgment of people as I encountered 50+ people on a daily basis.
Management and co-worker were very helpful and always provided help when help was needed.
The job itself is not a hard job at all, some people make the job sound hard.
pleasant workplace in a condominium
Condo Concierge (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: the training was done well
Cons: doesn't want you to move to a different position within the company
it was a very nice environment to work in everyone was polite. i enjoyed working with my co-workers at the time before i had to go on mat leave to have my baby
Rewarding position with various learning experiences
Security Guard, Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Working alongside the management
I enhanced my knowledge of the security and administrative environment, while adapting to constant and various emergency situations, dealing with them alongside a great team of employees.
fun place to work, friendly staff
Security Guard/Shift Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Pros: lots of experience to earned
Cons: low pay rate
The hospital environment is an ever changing one, and with that it keeps you well on your toes thus providing a wide range of challenges.
move you around and change your pay to less
Security Guard (Former Employee), Bay and Dundas to Young stFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: need more
check IDS operate control-room doing patroll,s around the mall, report to management anything damaged, train others ,escort people out of the mall when asked ,talking to store workers
Good for entry level job and students
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: flexible, treat you with respect
Cons: pay
Overall good company to work for.
All depends on the site you get assigned to. But they will switch you to another location at your request.
security officier
Security Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
I have security experience. I went into this field to build experience to one day become a police officer. i gain lots of knowlegde and skills.
they will treat you very poorly
concierge (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
they will violate your rights. wont pay properly unless you argue with them. they will ignore your calls when you need work. ask for favors all the time. if you work with them stay in touch with your union, youll need someone to protect you.
Really good law enforcement experience
Security Guard (Mobile Patrol/Supervisor) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Learned a lot from this company and recommend anyone who wants to get into law enforcement to join this company. Enjoyed working with the managers and coworkers. Everyone is polite and friendly
Hands on job and great learning experiences
access control (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: working with good people
Cons: low paying job
-securing the 3 business buildings
-access control
-lockups
-emergency procedures
-daily reports
-great management
-great coworkers
-dealing with emergencies such as elevator malfunctions, and break and enters (worst)
-interaction with lots people (enjoyable)
Professional
Security Guard (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 20, 2015
By being able to work for Paragon, i have been able to assess, plan and act through any situation, which has helped me build my skill in critical thinking. Paragon has taught me how to write reports, document information in different companies computerized software systems and to treat everyone with courtesy and respect.
Some good Some bad Same old Same old
security (Current Employee), Durham Region, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Hours and above averge pay
Cons: Training or lack of availablity
22 years and 7 companies later I had been informed by current employees how much better Paragon was compared to other companies. So after working for a year I still see to same things in Paragon as every other company. I've ask to receive paragon training during this year and only recieved my first aid re-cert. For the most part when I have asked or inquired with management thw response is quick. Pay is a little better than more in the region I work in. Hours are in no short supply basic 40 hours up to some weeks 60 if I want
productive company
Security Guard (Current Employee), North York, ONDecember 14, 2015
Pros: Good People working there at all Levels
Cons: Sure there are some but not many
Paragon is a good place if you are looking for a job in the security industry there staff are upbeat and friendly. A work day is what you make it as you will start as a floater and work your way to a full time sight. The more shifts you are open to doing the faster you will get a full time sight. Learned better time management skills and situation awareness, CPR First aid, MS Word. Co workers are usually professional and well kept and over all good people. The hardest part of the job is the hours sometimes the hours can be very bad but comes with the territory of working security. Enjoyable parts of the job include helping people, patrolling walking around and just the over all interaction.
Good Part-time job
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
Good place to work, okay benefits. They hire anyone and put them on the job but they do train well. Booking days off is really hard at times. Sometimes they will call you and ask where you are on your day off, even if you have booked off days ago.
review
Guard (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: long hours
paragon security is flexible great way to gain experience with many different shifts avail. Fun out going people to get along with
Security Officer maintains a secure environment for customers and employees at all times.
Security Guard (Current Employee), North York, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long hours
This role is a robust position with many daily duties that include protecting company assets and assisting with operations controls.
Headquarters