Parachute, a dynamic national charitable organization located in central Toronto, is currently seeking a strong innovative strategic thinker to join their management team.
Reporting to the VP Corporate Strategy, Marketing and Development, the Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of all of Parachute’s marketing and communications strategies. In this role you will develop an annual marketing plan led by the strategic needs of the organization to execute a comprehensive and cohesive national/local marketing campaign for all of Parachute’s events and programs. You will manage all internal and external communications. You will work closely with Parachute’s national network of community stakeholders to engage the community at large. Aligned with the business needs of the organization, you will position the organization as a trusted source for knowledge and be responsible for ensuring consistent and cohesive messaging internally, externally and brand leadership.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications will also be responsible for developing a public relations strategy to ensure ongoing and impactful media coverage for the organization. Communication will be closely linked to the goals of the organization and include working with the Government relations team.
- Initiate research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs, including direct mail, corporate sales, Internet marketing, conventions, workshops, advertisements, sales tools and other initiatives;
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with corporate business goals and objectives;
- Ensure all messaging conforms to and builds on the brand and brand identity;
- Develop marketing plans within budget requirements;
- Create and implement an effective Social Media Strategy and Program;
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners as needed for joint marketing activities;
- Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement;
- Identify and pursue opportunities for collaboration with other organizations on communications efforts;
- Develop, manage and produce materials to create a cohesive image and message for print and all on/offline communication vehicles distributing according to an appropriate timeline.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field;
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience at one or all an ad agency, communications company or corporate brand management including the handling of corporate communications, original writing and editing, and public relations;
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management;
- Proven track record in creating and executing successful direct and online marketing programs;
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines & budgets;
- Experience in development and implementation of a Social Media Strategy;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all forms of media (Broadcast, print & web based)
- Excellent computer, presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, creative thinking team player;
- As required, able to act as a spokesperson for the organization;
Candidates should possess proven leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team in the building and protection of the Parachute brand and reputation. Bilingualism is an asset.
We will give full consideration to all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard