Power and Recovery Specialist-Pulp Mill NOC: 9241
Salary: $70,000-$80,000 annual
Location: Pictou, NS
Reports to: Power and Recovery Department Manager
No. of Vacancy: 4
I. GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible to the Power and Recovery Department Manager for the optimum and smooth performance of distribution circuits, power generation stations and substations, transmission and distribution of power in the mill’s operation.
II. SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES & KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Liaises with area superintendents to ensure effectiveness of MBOS and that departmental KPI’s are being met.
- Maximize power generation to produce power sales for the mill’s Energy Division.
- Supports the operation reactors, turbines, boilers, generators, condensers and auxiliary equipment
- Maintain liaison and communication with Kraft and Paper/TMP departments to ensure operation is optimized, directing to ensure that distribution, outages, repairs and power supplies are met in daily operation
- Monitor grid and conduct inspections to identify any equipment failure, power disruptions and outages
- Supports the start up and shut down power plant equipment, control switching operations, regulate water levels and communicate with systems operators to regulate and co-ordinate transmission loads, frequency and line voltages
- Ensures that maintenance work is organized and planned in the department.
- Assist area teams in analyzing operational difficulties and initiate necessary action to overcome them.
- Assist in industrial and process control in the power & recovery operations
- Ensures that all operating employees receive the proper safety indoctrination and training.
- May train or conduct workshops
- Prepare report, and maintain record keeping
- Ensure area superintendents are providing operating standards, instruction manuals and other operational guidance to ensure efficient operation..
- Ensure that an acceptable standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- Inform the Power and Recovery Manager of pertinent operating, equipment and personnel problems within the department.
- Assist management in making decisions in the Power & Recovery area
- Represent the company in various industry groups, technical and operating.
- Maintains a positive and professional management style that supports teamwork and the employees in achieving company goals.
- A bachelor's degree in Power Engineering or related degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in power and recovery discipline, including experience in pulp & paper manufacturing or related industry is required
- Moderate to excellent English language proficiency.
Email resumes with subject line "Power and Recovery Specialist, Pictou, NS"
Indeed - 5 months ago